Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #841
Willows909
Mouseketeer

My dates...mmmm...well....I know that I will be staying at WL CL from Sept. 24th leaving on the 28th. But...I am looking into that Southwest temptation airfare...so the starting date probably, maybe,....eh who am I kidding? will be changing!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #842
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
My dates...mmmm...well....I know that I will be staying at WL CL from Sept. 24th leaving on the 28th. But...I am looking into that Southwest temptation airfare...so the starting date probably, maybe,....eh who am I kidding? will be changing!
more Disney time!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #843
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it helps, the list reads 9/20 with a question mark...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #844
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Yup, that helps! And more Disney time is always a good thing...and having a hubby that loves that place as well doesn't hurt!

Have a great 4th of July everyone!! Thanks for sharing your RC home with me...with all my changes I feel like an "old timer" here and right at home!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #845
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
THIS IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE RC PALACE!

On the resorts board, here to help all the ch-ch-changers!!!

To the lurkers and new members, this is a drama free zone and a safe place. Please see post number one.

The fabulous ladies here will help to answer questions about WDW in any way.

And I practice what I preach, if I am upset I simply relax, breathe, and move on. When I took over for stepdisney it was to continue the RC thread so we would have a home. Your home is here my friends, always. Please stay...it's an order [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I can't say I am 100% rational, and there are many, many personal things I have to deal with. Did I take the BWI banter personally, yes. But only because, any newcomer could see that too. How would you feel if you had your heart set, and came back to 2 pages of talk AGAINST your resort...that's all. Straw that broke the camel's back. Long week. I understand you all wanting to move to the Community board, cool..but let's keep the RC resort thread alive...it helps so many people, and we've met some awesome peeps!! Happy 4th of July!!!
You absolutely made my day. I just wanted to say that I am sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Magenta"]An official Royal Order from the Queen~

Resume all resort changes immediately

Or just chatter...all good!
As you wish.....(just don't push me down a ravine like Buttercup did to Wesley).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So I was doing Disney math last night while drinking a glass of wine...not sure that was the best idea...LOL
Disney math is my favorite kind of math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Still trying to fight the urge to change my arriving day at Pop to add to my GF days. But I know I won't be at the resort much that day, and will still have my car rental so plan on going shopping that night to Publix, maybe the outlet, and maybe try this Giordanis pizza place I've heard of. But I know if I switch and add a day to GF I won't want to leave

Off to Physio this morning to try to get my knee working for August.

Happy July 4 everyone
That's the main reason we aren't adding another night at the AKL. We won't spend much time at the resort on the added night. Right now, we are set to check into the AKL on Sunday the 8th, but we are going to be arriving in Orlando late on Saturday the 7th (checking in probably close or after midnight and checking out no later than 10 AM the next morning). I know it means changing resorts, but since Disney will move our stuff for us, it's not as big of a pain.

If you try Giordano's, let me know what you think of it. I know the DH has eaten at one of the Chicago locations, but I just want to know what the quality is like at the Disney location.

I hope Physio goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY...

Great pics!!

Happy 4 of July!!

Quote:
That's how it happened to me. I had to reschedule to September, and as you all know, that gives me so, so much time to cha change every aspect of this trip.... I have already looked at the resorts...yet again! So far, AKL 4 nights pool view, and then WL CL 4 nights....But...Southwest is having a great anniversary sale and I am looking to start a few days earlier to get a $67 dollar airfare....maybe a moderate to start then sweep into those 8 nights... Oh it's going to be an exciting July/Aug/Sept trip changing adventure!
Since you had to change dates, are you still doing a resort only stay, or do you think you will have some park time?

Now on to my dilemma...

I know that we will be at the value for less than 12 hours, more than likely. I just know that when we finally do check in that night, we will be super tired and won't want a long walk to a room. With that in mind, do you think it is worth paying for a preferred room, if it is just for such a short time? Although, after all that time in the minivan, the walk might be a welcomed thing.
The other thing is, what do we do with the minivan. Do y'all think it will be ok to park the minivan in the parking near where we check in, or do you think we'll have to move it to whatever parking lot is for the building we're in?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #846
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Even in the best of families, there are some times when things are said and feelings get hurt. Its tougher to be hurt by family, because you care and its from people who are supposed to care.

I would never have thought I could come to care about people on the Internet, and people I have never actually met, but I did. And I'm glad I did.

I do think we have one of the best Dis families on these boards and do value you all immensely.

Happy 4th of July RC'ers!!!

Does anyone have good plans??? We are going to DH's aunts house in a little bit for a pool party, and then off to a Fisher Cats game (minor league baseball). They will have a huge fireworks display after the game. It's no Wishes, but it will do.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #847
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Does anyone have good plans??? We are going to DH's aunts house in a little bit for a pool party, and then off to a Fisher Cats game (minor league baseball). They will have a huge fireworks display after the game. It's no Wishes, but it will do.
I was hoping for a nice quiet day playing SW:tOR with the DH as soon as he gets home from work, but looks like that isn't going to happen. ( The mil scheduled two service calls for the DH to do, and he took Joey to work with him.) We're going to have a house full. The bil & sil(that I had issues with) and their son will be here. Then two of the fil's sisters are coming and his mom and dad say they are coming. We'll eat some BBQ and just sit around and talk. I don't know if the fil or bil are buying fireworks, but I know we aren't. Since we live in the country, we can set off fireworks. It's just been so dry that I am not sure if that is a wise thing to do or not.

Well, I didn't get much sleep last night, and I have put off this shower long enough. I'm sure it will hurt my sunburn, but it needs to get done.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 07-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #848
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I was hoping for a nice quiet day playing SW:tOR with the DH as soon as he gets home from work, but looks like that isn't going to happen. ( The mil scheduled two service calls for the DH to do, and he took Joey to work with him.) We're going to have a house full. The bil & sil(that I had issues with) and their son will be here. Then two of the fil's sisters are coming and his mom and dad say they are coming. We'll eat some BBQ and just sit around and talk. I don't know if the fil or bil are buying fireworks, but I know we aren't. Since we live in the country, we can set off fireworks. It's just been so dry that I am not sure if that is a wise thing to do or not.

Well, I didn't get much sleep last night, and I have put off this shower long enough. I'm sure it will hurt my sunburn, but it needs to get done.
Ugh. I live in the city, but we are still allowed to set off fireworks. I wish people weren't though because people do it every night for a week!!! And why always around 10:00 at night....

I like to leave fireworks to the professionals...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #849
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Ugh. I live in the city, but we are still allowed to set off fireworks. I wish people weren't though because people do it every night for a week!!! And why always around 10:00 at night....
Out here, they set fireworks off as late as midnight starting the weekend before until the weekend after the 4th.

Quote:
I like to leave fireworks to the professionals...
Me too. What drives me nuts about my bil and the 4th, is that he likes to go a bunch of fireworks and then after setting about half of them off, complains about being the only one setting off fireworks (even though my DSs and his are setting off more than he is).

Well, luckily the only painful part of the shower was when I went to dry off. The new shower head has a really soft setting, so the actual shower part didn't hurt at all.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #850
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Going to have dinner at the in-laws then fireworks at the Capitol.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #851
letthewookiewin

I think I need a glass...maybe a bottle of wine. I have a very angry Monkey (JM) who is in the middle of a Donald Duck style rant sitting beside me. He just found out that his cousin's mother (the one I got into a fight with) decided to take him to a concert instead of them coming over today. He's not the least bit happy.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #852
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Letthewookiewin......Preferred room at POP is so close to the lobby and I love it! We always ask for the "can you dig it" building, nice resort we've been happy everytime we've stayed.

Well, since we'll be coming down in late September....probably a park day or two would be in cards! But right now we are staying WL CL for part of the trip...so we intend of getting all our $$ worth and definitely stay on resort for the last 4 nights!

In our town, there's a family way up on a hill that does the most amazing fireworks show I have ever seen...it's like 30 straight minutes of "finale" type non stop fireworks! So beautiful.!! We will be there tonight to watch...I love fireworks!
Old 07-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #853
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So you'd think I'd take a day off of making changes, even if they are only in my head...but I am leaning toward upgrading our last 3 nights at CR - BLV tower room. In doing so, I would A) lose a day. B) have to give up the dessert party. And C) end up paying a bit more OOP myself to get some GCs for dining the last few days...but it's a gorgeous view at a monorail resort!

Aarghh wish I could decide!!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #854
pas130
DIS Veteran

The day for disney math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I love ya, my dear friend and RC Queen!! This old timer will try to be present a bit more often. So, so happy to see your post. Made my day!

( ...and clowns give me the creeps so I was a bit concerned about my BWV stay...but guess what...never noticed the clown face at the pool and I sat right there for hours...yep. Not creepy in person at all. Think it is something about seeing the whole thing in a photo...but it's different up close. It is a great pool area for kids, even a fun kiddie pool with elephant water sprays! So cute!! BWV was great and the rooms were so pretty!)

Happy 4th of July RC family!!!
Thinking of dropping CL now that we are doing a split stay...well possibly...maybe back to POR or a DTD hotel for 3 nights then 4 nights PBH CL and beach...I really want to do deluxe, let's face it the price is ridonculous A waterpark day may be needed, off to stalk Heather's old TR....Again, so glad to have you back Christine, you have been missed

heatherYou rock girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Home Jeanette! doing the RC Rumba

We are Family

For it is worth I agree 110% that we have to keep our RC Tread alive. I met the best friends ever here
Absolutely Sheila, my best and closest friends are right here and always have been...sticker from Bree
Quote:
Welcome back, Jeanette!! :-)

Happy 4th of July to all of you lovely RCers! :-)
Thank you Krystal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO MY RC FRIENDS!!!

Quote:
Thank goodness!!! Welcome back!

Quote:
So I was doing Disney math last night while drinking a glass of wine...not sure that was the best idea...LOL

It looks like we could do 4 nights at CBR and 3 nights at CR either GW GV or Tower BLV...I just need to work out ADRs and price out meals...then I was thinking of getting GCs to use for the OOP meals the last few days.

Need to figure out HOW to check out and in though as a surprise to the rest of the fam...
Exciting, I always mess up my surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Janet and I knew you wouldn't abdicate the thrown, (though I was worried about you being overthrown). Post whenever you feel like it and when you don't, we understand

Thank you for your words of encouragement and motivation with keeping the original RC thread where it serves the widest audience. I'll use this occasion as a teachable moment to recall the events of over a year ago when a longtime, helpful and knowledgable Resorts forum poster, who had amassed many posts and had even posted here, was banned along with some bashers. The bannings involved the bashing of the very resort in question on this thread and his defense of that resort. Let's not let that ever happen here.
I miss him, and I think of him often. You and I were the ones who unofficially changed his name to BWIFan
Old 07-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #855
pas130
DIS Veteran

continued...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
welcome back Jeanette. actually one day I do want to try BWI maybe in winter when SAB isn't such a strong lure for me. It's my goal to try all the Deluxe!! 2 left, CR & BWI! Not counting DVC.

Still trying to fight the urge to change my arriving day at Pop to add to my GF days. But I know I won't be at the resort much that day, and will still have my car rental so plan on going shopping that night to Publix, maybe the outlet, and maybe try this Giordanis pizza place I've heard of. But I know if I switch and add a day to GF I won't want to leave

Off to Physio this morning to try to get my knee working for August.

Happy July 4 everyone
Hope PT went smoothly Sue!

BTW, yesterday never happened, chalking it up as a weird day, I AM SORRY for freaking the freak out

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I am going to need that Disney math to work for super extra magically! We have our adult trip booked but dh and my two oldest have decided they want to buy a boat and to do will give up two years of Disney vacations! Ack. Then my oldest tells me how much she is having Disney withdrawals!
DH is still trying to get me to leave the kids home for our trip

Quote:
That's how it happened to me. I had to reschedule to September, and as you all know, that gives me so, so much time to cha change every aspect of this trip.... I have already looked at the resorts...yet again! So far, AKL 4 nights pool view, and then WL CL 4 nights....But...Southwest is having a great anniversary sale and I am looking to start a few days earlier to get a $67 dollar airfare....maybe a moderate to start then sweep into those 8 nights... Oh it's going to be an exciting July/Aug/Sept trip changing adventure!

Jeanette, I don't know you well yet, and I am so glad that you are here!
Thanks Sue Willow!! I came very close to booking December airfare...I've also priced AKL pool view
[QUOTE=sjs314;48857801]I recall the incident and it was a great loss indeed and I have to say in all honesty I couldn't be happier right here with my dear friends on this thread

Hope everyone has a Safe and Happy 4th. Staying home in the A/C it's another Hot & Humid day here......funny story Bob headed out to the grocery store to grab a few items and forgot his wallet we had a good laugh and chalked it up to another "Alizheimer's Moment" QUOTE]
Oh Boy..the misadventures of Bob continue

My plan for today, we just had some Nathan's hotdogs, and I am working later. If it's not busy, I will be watching Macy's NYC fireworks from the waterfront...it pays to work EMS...I'll be missing my babies, but in 2 weeks I shall be watching the best fireworks in the world!
Quote:

Jeanette back here you so rightfully belong! We get it and understand perfectly...and who is ever 100% rational? certainly not me! And hey we always follow orders from our Queen

Love you!
Love you more than words can say
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

Quote:
Kook, yes I do remember our BWI fan (and CR Fan ) and agree with you and Sheila it was a big loss indeed.

On the December trip I am looking forward to a little BW time... we haven't really explored the area much .... and I so have to see those great quirky lobby chairs in person.

Quote:

Quote:
Yup, that helps! And more Disney time is always a good thing...and having a hubby that loves that place as well doesn't hurt!

Have a great 4th of July everyone!! Thanks for sharing your RC home with me...with all my changes I feel like an "old timer" here and right at home!
Yea this place is pretty awesome!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
You absolutely made my day. I just wanted to say that I am sorry.
No worries my dear, like I said I need to say I am sorry as well. It's all good!

Giordano's is pretty good for Florida pizza, but Flippers is better, in my opinion. It's closer to Universal, but well worth the drive

For the values, preferred isn't worth the extra. The values aren't too big IMHO, and I actually am looking at Sports with those fresh new rooms. I LOVE my value resorts!!! And the family loves the food courts!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: