Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #826
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,987

So I was doing Disney math last night while drinking a glass of wine...not sure that was the best idea...LOL

It looks like we could do 4 nights at CBR and 3 nights at CR either GW GV or Tower BLV...I just need to work out ADRs and price out meals...then I was thinking of getting GCs to use for the OOP meals the last few days.

Need to figure out HOW to check out and in though as a surprise to the rest of the fam...
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #827
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So I was doing Disney math last night while drinking a glass of wine...not sure that was the best idea...LOL

It looks like we could do 4 nights at CBR and 3 nights at CR either GW GV or Tower BLV...I just need to work out ADRs and price out meals...then I was thinking of getting GCs to use for the OOP meals the last few days.

Need to figure out HOW to check out and in though as a surprise to the rest of the fam...
Wine and Disney math is a dangerous combination! Pretty sure that's how I've ended up with my CL stays!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #828
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
An official Royal Order from the Queen~

Resume all resort changes immediately

Or just chatter...all good!

THIS IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE RC PALACE!

On the resorts board, here to help all the ch-ch-changers!!!

To the lurkers and new members, this is a drama free zone and a safe place. Please see post number one.

The fabulous ladies here will help to answer questions about WDW in any way.

And I practice what I preach, if I am upset I simply relax, breathe, and move on. When I took over for stepdisney it was to continue the RC thread so we would have a home. Your home is here my friends, always. Please stay...it's an order


I can't say I am 100% rational, and there are many, many personal things I have to deal with. Did I take the BWI banter personally, yes. But only because, any newcomer could see that too. How would you feel if you had your heart set, and came back to 2 pages of talk AGAINST your resort...that's all. Straw that broke the camel's back. Long week. I understand you all wanting to move to the Community board, cool..but let's keep the RC resort thread alive...it helps so many people, and we've met some awesome peeps!! Happy 4th of July!!!
Janet and I knew you wouldn't abdicate the thrown, (though I was worried about you being overthrown). Post whenever you feel like it and when you don't, we understand

Thank you for your words of encouragement and motivation with keeping the original RC thread where it serves the widest audience. I'll use this occasion as a teachable moment to recall the events of over a year ago when a longtime, helpful and knowledgable Resorts forum poster, who had amassed many posts and had even posted here, was banned along with some bashers. The bannings involved the bashing of the very resort in question on this thread and his defense of that resort. Let's not let that ever happen here.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #829
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 10,014

welcome back Jeanette. actually one day I do want to try BWI maybe in winter when SAB isn't such a strong lure for me. It's my goal to try all the Deluxe!! 2 left, CR & BWI! Not counting DVC.

Still trying to fight the urge to change my arriving day at Pop to add to my GF days. But I know I won't be at the resort much that day, and will still have my car rental so plan on going shopping that night to Publix, maybe the outlet, and maybe try this Giordanis pizza place I've heard of. But I know if I switch and add a day to GF I won't want to leave

Off to Physio this morning to try to get my knee working for August.

Happy July 4 everyone
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #830
basketlacey
DIS Veteran
 
basketlacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,416

I am going to need that Disney math to work for super extra magically! We have our adult trip booked but dh and my two oldest have decided they want to buy a boat and to do will give up two years of Disney vacations! Ack. Then my oldest tells me how much she is having Disney withdrawals!
__________________
me dh dd15 ds13 dd10

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #831
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I am going to need that Disney math to work for super extra magically! We have our adult trip booked but dh and my two oldest have decided they want to buy a boat and to do will give up two years of Disney vacations! Ack. Then my oldest tells me how much she is having Disney withdrawals!
Sounds like a case for POR!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #832
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 10,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So I was doing Disney math last night while drinking a glass of wine...not sure that was the best idea...LOL

It looks like we could do 4 nights at CBR and 3 nights at CR either GW GV or Tower BLV...I just need to work out ADRs and price out meals...then I was thinking of getting GCs to use for the OOP meals the last few days.

Need to figure out HOW to check out and in though as a surprise to the rest of the fam...
wine and Disney math, never a good combo I like using GCs for meals, works out well.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #833
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY...







WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #834
Willows909
Mouseketeer
 
Willows909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Wine and Disney math is a dangerous combination! Pretty sure that's how I've ended up with my CL stays!
That's how it happened to me. I had to reschedule to September, and as you all know, that gives me so, so much time to cha change every aspect of this trip.... I have already looked at the resorts...yet again! So far, AKL 4 nights pool view, and then WL CL 4 nights....But...Southwest is having a great anniversary sale and I am looking to start a few days earlier to get a $67 dollar airfare....maybe a moderate to start then sweep into those 8 nights... Oh it's going to be an exciting July/Aug/Sept trip changing adventure!

Jeanette, I don't know you well yet, and I am so glad that you are here!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #835
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Janet and I knew you wouldn't abdicate the thrown, (though I was worried about you being overthrown). Post whenever you feel like it and when you don't, we understand

Thank you for your words of encouragement and motivation with keeping the original RC thread where it serves the widest audience. I'll use this occasion as a teachable moment to recall the events of over a year ago when a longtime, helpful and knowledgable Resorts forum poster, who had amassed many posts and had even posted here, was banned along with some bashers. The bannings involved the bashing of the very resort in question on this thread and his defense of that resort. Let's not let that ever happen here.
I recall the incident and it was a great loss indeed and I have to say in all honesty I couldn't be happier right here with my dear friends on this thread

Hope everyone has a Safe and Happy 4th. Staying home in the A/C it's another Hot & Humid day here......funny story Bob headed out to the grocery store to grab a few items and forgot his wallet we had a good laugh and chalked it up to another "Alizheimer's Moment"
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #836
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,992

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
An official Royal Order from the Queen~

Resume all resort changes immediately

Or just chatter...all good!

THIS IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE RC PALACE!

On the resorts board, here to help all the ch-ch-changers!!!

To the lurkers and new members, this is a drama free zone and a safe place. Please see post number one.

The fabulous ladies here will help to answer questions about WDW in any way.

And I practice what I preach, if I am upset I simply relax, breathe, and move on. When I took over for stepdisney it was to continue the RC thread so we would have a home. Your home is here my friends, always. Please stay...it's an order


I can't say I am 100% rational, and there are many, many personal things I have to deal with. Did I take the BWI banter personally, yes. But only because, any newcomer could see that too. How would you feel if you had your heart set, and came back to 2 pages of talk AGAINST your resort...that's all. Straw that broke the camel's back. Long week. I understand you all wanting to move to the Community board, cool..but let's keep the RC resort thread alive...it helps so many people, and we've met some awesome peeps!! Happy 4th of July!!!
Jeanette back here you so rightfully belong! We get it and understand perfectly...and who is ever 100% rational? certainly not me! And hey we always follow orders from our Queen

Love you!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #837
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #838
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,992

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Janet and I knew you wouldn't abdicate the thrown, (though I was worried about you being overthrown). Post whenever you feel like it and when you don't, we understand

Thank you for your words of encouragement and motivation with keeping the original RC thread where it serves the widest audience. I'll use this occasion as a teachable moment to recall the events of over a year ago when a longtime, helpful and knowledgable Resorts forum poster, who had amassed many posts and had even posted here, was banned along with some bashers. The bannings involved the bashing of the very resort in question on this thread and his defense of that resort. Let's not let that ever happen here.
Kook, yes I do remember our BWI fan (and CR Fan ) and agree with you and Sheila it was a big loss indeed.

On the December trip I am looking forward to a little BW time... we haven't really explored the area much .... and I so have to see those great quirky lobby chairs in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
welcome back Jeanette. actually one day I do want to try BWI maybe in winter when SAB isn't such a strong lure for me. It's my goal to try all the Deluxe!! 2 left, CR & BWI! Not counting DVC.

Still trying to fight the urge to change my arriving day at Pop to add to my GF days. But I know I won't be at the resort much that day, and will still have my car rental so plan on going shopping that night to Publix, maybe the outlet, and maybe try this Giordanis pizza place I've heard of. But I know if I switch and add a day to GF I won't want to leave

Off to Physio this morning to try to get my knee working for August.

Happy July 4 everyone
Sue, good luck at PT today My vote is to keep the one day at POP. You know you won't leave the GF that night!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I am going to need that Disney math to work for super extra magically! We have our adult trip booked but dh and my two oldest have decided they want to buy a boat and to do will give up two years of Disney vacations! Ack. Then my oldest tells me how much she is having Disney withdrawals!
Yikes! 2 years? yes, crack open a bottle of wine.... we need to rectify that!! Can we go with a smaller boat?? (like a rowboat? )

Or how about a resort change.... we do that occassionally around here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
That's how it happened to me. I had to reschedule to September, and as you all know, that gives me so, so much time to cha change every aspect of this trip.... I have already looked at the resorts...yet again! So far, AKL 4 nights pool view, and then WL CL 4 nights....But...Southwest is having a great anniversary sale and I am looking to start a few days earlier to get a $67 dollar airfare....maybe a moderate to start then sweep into those 8 nights... Oh it's going to be an exciting July/Aug/Sept trip changing adventure!

Jeanette, I don't know you well yet, and I am so glad that you are here!
Willow, sorry you had to change the trip but I know you said that Sept is your preferred time to go, so it does seem all good! I will change the RC list .... can you please provide your new dates?? (or as you know them today )

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I recall the incident and it was a great loss indeed and I have to say in all honesty I couldn't be happier right here with my dear friends on this thread

Hope everyone has a Safe and Happy 4th. Staying home in the A/C it's another Hot & Humid day here......funny story Bob headed out to the grocery store to grab a few items and forgot his wallet we had a good laugh and chalked it up to another "Alizheimer's Moment"
Hi Sheila, you be careful with this humidity!

You Bob story sound like my life every day! one of the most annoyig things for me is getting to work to find out I left the laptop at work...so frustrating.

Everyone have a great 4th!!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #839
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 10,014

Janet. So true!! Ok, big girl pants back on then I get to walk over to AoA and check out the new Mermaid section. Last August we went over to snoop and have lunch, but Mermaid section wasn't open yet.
I liked the Tandori my daughter had. Hated my crab burger I was expecting a crispy crab cake, but it wasn't.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #840
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Janet. So true!! Ok, big girl pants back on then I get to walk over to AoA and check out the new Mermaid section. Last August we went over to snoop and have lunch, but Mermaid section wasn't open yet.
I liked the Tandori my daughter had. Hated my crab burger I was expecting a crispy crab cake, but it wasn't.
Sue, just keepin' it real .. AND so true you get two resorts in one! Last August we didn't get a change to eat at the AOA food court, so if I can manage a summer trip, will defiintely do so...hmmm we will stay away from the crab burger ...
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: