Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #811
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Dear friends,
Jeanette handles and juggles a lot on a daily basis. She does love her community here but we all have times we need to decompress in our lives and refocus. Her work demands, both physical and emotional, her children, classes, etc. and the fact that she works many, many hours and runs on fumes contributes to her overall stress. Please support and respect her privacy to step back ... I'm positive our queen will look in and come back when she's ready.

She so needs a vacation like yesterday
I totally understand and can respect that. I just hate to think I did something that caused her even more stress or unhappiness. When you think she is ready to hear it, let her know that we love her, miss her, and will be here when she is ready to return.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #812
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dear friends,
Jeanette handles and juggles a lot on a daily basis. She does love her community here but we all have times we need to decompress in our lives and refocus. Her work demands, both physical and emotional, her children, classes, etc. and the fact that she works many, many hours and runs on fumes contributes to her overall stress. Please support and respect her privacy to step back ... I'm positive our queen will look in and come back when she's ready.

I understand this 300%. Janet - you'll have to keep us posted on whether or not the pas family makes it to BWI. And hopefully after vacation, Jeanette will be ready to visit. I need her to give me some scoopage on the Boardwalk area! :-)

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #813
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Thanks for that, Janet. Love to all of you and an extra to our queen.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #814
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Dear friends,

Just adding that I know she would love for everyone to carry on with resort changing and related discussions. As Janet alluded to, she is a bit overwhelmed right now and just needs to regroup and revitalize. I know you can all appreciate and understand this. We eagerly await her return - when she's ready
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #815
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dear friends,

Thank you for your sweet thoughts and wisdom Janet. It is so understandable that she (like all of us now and then) might need the gift of time to catch her breath. The RC thread has always been a place easy going sharing, support, and friendship. Sending love and gentle hugs to all the dear RC friends tonight, and always.

TY Kook!

Last edited by gwynne; 07-03-2013 at 09:00 PM.
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #816
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
:-(

I know I was one of the many who mentioned the whole clown pool thing, but I never meant to upset anyone... :-/
Me too but it was never meant to be mean. Now I feel so awful so sad she took it seriously. I thought she understood that we were teasing, guess that's the problem with Internet, you can't see people's intentions. And it's easy to read things the wrong way.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL

Last edited by Sue M; 07-03-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #817
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Dear friends,

Janet I know all too well the need to step away sometimes and send all my love to Jeanette to help her get through this rough time.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #818
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Me too but it was never meant to be mean. Now I feel so awful so sad she took it seriously. I thought she understood that we were teasing, guess that's the problem with Internet, you can't see people's intentions. And it's easy to read things the wrong way.
I agree. I honestly feel terrible.

My need to want to contact her to apologize, is just me trying to do what I always do, which is try and fix problems.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #819
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I agree. I honestly feel terrible.

My need to want to contact her to apologize, is just me trying to do what I always do, which is try and fix problems.
I can relate
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #820
pas130
DIS Veteran

An official Royal Order from the Queen~

Resume all resort changes immediately

Or just chatter...all good!

THIS IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE RC PALACE!

On the resorts board, here to help all the ch-ch-changers!!!

To the lurkers and new members, this is a drama free zone and a safe place. Please see post number one.

The fabulous ladies here will help to answer questions about WDW in any way.

And I practice what I preach, if I am upset I simply relax, breathe, and move on. When I took over for stepdisney it was to continue the RC thread so we would have a home. Your home is here my friends, always. Please stay...it's an order

I can't say I am 100% rational, and there are many, many personal things I have to deal with. Did I take the BWI banter personally, yes. But only because, any newcomer could see that too. How would you feel if you had your heart set, and came back to 2 pages of talk AGAINST your resort...that's all. Straw that broke the camel's back. Long week. I understand you all wanting to move to the Community board, cool..but let's keep the RC resort thread alive...it helps so many people, and we've met some awesome peeps!! Happy 4th of July!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #821
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

I love ya, my dear friend and RC Queen!! This old timer will try to be present a bit more often. So, so happy to see your post. Made my day!

( ...and clowns give me the creeps so I was a bit concerned about my BWV stay...but guess what...never noticed the clown face at the pool and I sat right there for hours...yep. Not creepy in person at all. Think it is something about seeing the whole thing in a photo...but it's different up close. It is a great pool area for kids, even a fun kiddie pool with elephant water sprays! So cute!! BWV was great and the rooms were so pretty!)

Happy 4th of July RC family!!!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 07-04-2013 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Typo
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #822
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

To the lurkers and new members, this is a drama free zone and a safe place. Please see post number one.

And I practice what I preach, if I am upset I simply relax, breathe, and move on. When I took over for stepdisney it was to continue the RC thread so we would have a home. Your home is here my friends, always. Please stay...it's an order

I can't say I am 100% rational, and there are many, many personal things I have to deal with. Did I take the BWI banter personally, yes. But only because, any newcomer could see that too. How would you feel if you had your heart set, and came back to 2 pages of talk AGAINST your resort...that's all. Straw that broke the camel's back. Long week. I understand you all wanting to move to the Community board, cool..but let's keep the RC resort thread alive...it helps so many people, and we've met some awesome peeps!! Happy 4th of July!!!
Home Jeanette! doing the RC Rumba

We are Family

For it is worth I agree 110% that we have to keep our RC Tread alive. I met the best friends ever here

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #823
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Jeanette!! :-)

Happy 4th of July to all of you lovely RCers! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #824
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO MY RC FRIENDS!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #825
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Thank goodness!!! Welcome back!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: