Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #766
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Miss The Old Bay Bloody sounds absolutely delicious!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #767
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I hope all is ok with her and it's nothing serious.
Thanks! It's kinda what I thought, some sort of contact allergy. Can't figure out what in the heck it is though. At least the antihistamines seem to be doing something.

Quote:
When I read this, for some reason I thought, "I wonder how Sheldon (character from The Big Bang Theory) would handle that."
Kinda like a more rude version of how my hubbo reacted, I'm sure. (He's too polite, ALWAYS.)

Quote:
Thanks everyone!! It was a great day, despite getting sunburn. We spent a lot of time in the lazy river. The DH and Joey did a lot of slides, while JM and I hung out in the lazy river. The DSs had been up all night gaming, and hadn't gotten any sleep when we "got them up" to go to the waterpark. JM was so tired, when we got home he went right to bed without eating. Joey stayed up long enough to eat, and then he went to bed as well. David and I went to dinner. We ended up at Red Lobster. He ended up having to help me eat my meal, because I got WAY to much food. We both got the "create your own" and there were 3 things that sounded good and I was too tired to narrow it down to 2. I had Salmon, garlic grilled shrimp, and shrimp linguine Alfredo. We had had stuffed mushrooms apps, and clam chowder, so by the time our meal got to us, I was basically full. I was able to finish my Salmon and a little of the linguine (but all of the shrimp in the pasta), and maybe 2 or 3 of the grilled shrimp. The DH had to eat the rest of my meal.
Glad you had a nice time! Got any aloe for the burn? I feel your pain, o' pale one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Miss! Ceasars are one of my FAVOURITE drinks!!! I go to the States and am so sad because most bar tenders don't know how to make them.... they offer me bloody Mary's which A CEASAR does not make!!
Ceasars have clamato juice, vodka, tobasco sauce and worchestire sauce , usually with a yummy pickled bean or celery stick in them delish!!! I'm not a big drinker, but I love my ceasers!!!
Oh YES! The pickled beans! I'd forgotten about those. Yumm-o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Miss The Old Bay Bloody sounds absolutely delicious!!!!
I knew my seafood-loving pals would like the sound of it.

You know what I'm about to do? Go write those ingredients down on my shopping list for this weekend! (One fancy-schmancy place I used to frequent would serve them with a chilled steamed MD blue crab leg, obligatory celery stalk and an oyster on the side. I'm seriously drooling!)

Forgot to mention earlier, since you mentioned Canobie Lake Park -- I'd never heard of it before you posted about it! The picture floating around of Chara (or a behemoth look-alike) riding the "Rowdy Rooster" is a flippin' riot. Poor dude is absolutely crammed into that ride.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #768
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Thanks! It's kinda what I thought, some sort of contact allergy. Can't figure out what in the heck it is though. At least the antihistamines seem to be doing something.

Kinda like a more rude version of how my hubbo reacted, I'm sure. (He's too polite, ALWAYS.)

Glad you had a nice time! Got any aloe for the burn? I feel your pain, o' pale one.

Oh YES! The pickled beans! I'd forgotten about those. Yumm-o.

I knew my seafood-loving pals would like the sound of it.

You know what I'm about to do? Go write those ingredients down on my shopping list for this weekend! (One fancy-schmancy place I used to frequent would serve them with a chilled steamed MD blue crab leg, obligatory celery stalk and an oyster on the side. I'm seriously drooling!)

Forgot to mention earlier, since you mentioned Canobie Lake Park -- I'd never heard of it before you posted about it! The picture floating around of Chara (or a behemoth look-alike) riding the "Rowdy Rooster" is a flippin' riot. Poor dude is absolutely crammed into that ride.
that Chara picture is hilarious.

I don't even know how he stuffed himself into that thing, I sat it out while DD9 rode on Sunday night.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 07-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #769
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Because I have made a promise to myself not to get involved in heated threads on the Dis, I have not commented on the theme park planning boards thread about the song "Blurred Lines" being played while waiting in line....

But, in the safety of my Dis "home", I will say....I didn't even know what song they were talking about. I checked it on iTunes and then realized I had heard it and never ONCE paid attention to the lyrics (you can barely understand them) and it's highly doubtful that a child would either.

Granted, I don't listen to alot of radio, simply because I still listen to alot of my old CD's so my kids aren't exposed to a lot of inappropriate songs, however, even when they are, they don't "get it".

FWIW, they believe that the Snoop Dog song "Drop it like it's hot" is about going # 2.....true story. And I'm ok with that.

Ok, I've spoken my peace...in my safe place. Thank you.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 07-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #770
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Because I have made a promise to myself not to get involved in heated threads on the Dis, I have not commented on the theme park planning boards thread about the song "Blurred Lines" being played while waiting in line....

But, in the safety of my Dis "home", I will say....I didn't even know what song they were talking about. I checked it on iTunes and then realized I had heard it and never ONCE paid attention to the lyrics (you can barely understand them) and it's highly doubtful that a child would either.

Granted, I don't listen to alot of radio, simply because I still listen to alot of my old CD's so my kids aren't exposed to a lot of inappropriate songs, however, even when they are, they don't "get it".

FWIW, they believe that the Snoop Dog song "Drop it like it's hot" is about going # 2.....true story. And I'm ok with that.

Ok, I've spoken my peace...in my safe place. Thank you.
I, being one who is totally clueless to most popular songs as evidenced by the risque song accidentally playing during a play-date , will now have to go check this "Blurred Lines" song out.

Their interpretation on "Drop It Like It's Hot" is sooooooo LOLOLOLOLOL. I listened to my Flight of the Conchords CD the other day in the car, had Miss M singing along with "Business Time." I'm bad.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #771
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
So far I've seen 3 DISers mention the Tour Groups staying at Poly on the Poly thread with all the typical comments, something I have never worried about staying at Deluxe resorts and hopefully the "roach" was a palmetto bug but seeing those roach pics at POR a while back freaked me out.
Well that would be a first, I've never seen tour groups at any deluxe. We're these kids?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #772
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
How do you do it????!!!! We've only done a 2 way, and that makes me edgy Always nervous I'll forget a kid or something...

Now that's funny!!

Hstrickland: Now you have all the way to September to tempt me!!

SueM: What is in a Ceasar?? Inquiring mind wants to know!!

Ginny...Glad you were able to be with old friends...they're the best, so many memories and laughs!

Candace...Ah well..there WILL always be another time, right? Keep checking those airfares though, sometimes they change daily..you still have a few days to do that! Nothing like a great spur of the moment getaway!
A Ceasar is the same as a Bloody Mary only instead if Tomato juice we use Clamato
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 07-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #773
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
How do you do it????!!!! We've only done a 2 way, and that makes me edgy Always nervous I'll forget a kid or something...

Now that's funny!!

Hstrickland: Now you have all the way to September to tempt me!!

SueM: What is in a Ceasar?? Inquiring mind wants to know!!

Ginny...Glad you were able to be with old friends...they're the best, so many memories and laughs!

Candace...Ah well..there WILL always be another time, right? Keep checking those airfares though, sometimes they change daily..you still have a few days to do that! Nothing like a great spur of the moment getaway!
Quote:
I knew I'd miss some folks! As long as it takes me to reply, I'm sure I'll miss more...

Sue: I'd be too scared to order a Caesar here. I'd be worried they'd just make me a plain ol' Bloody Mary! They are one of my favourite mixed bevvies though. Where I'm from, we've got a take on the Bloody Mary called a "Old Bay Bloody" -- which I also adore. It's the regular ingredients from a Bloody Mary, but rimmed with a spicy seafood seasoning, a dash of hot sauce and a bit of ground fresh horseradish (and sometimes served with a half-shell oyster). HOT stuff!

I love it!

Yes, another wife-of-a-nerd! I'll ask you what I ask all the wives I met at any science-y functions I attend, "Are you a normal person?" (Is it the same for his field? ... most of the physicists I've met are married to other physicists.)

Edit:

Are any of you August / September folks flying on these dates? Just saw this from Southwest (only good until the 4th):
Oooooo, that sounds good. Sometimes we put horseradish in the Ceasar too, along with the hot sauce & worstershire. I like Clamato better, not as thick as tomato juice.

Too bad about the SW fares for me! I've had my air booked months ago, even have my January fares booked. I just can't wait till the last minute to book, I'd be a puddle of nerves!!

Old 07-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #774
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Miss! Ceasars are one of my FAVOURITE drinks!!! I go to the States and am so sad because most bar tenders don't know how to make them.... they offer me bloody Mary's which A CEASAR does not make!!
Ceasars have clamato juice, vodka, tobasco sauce and worchestire sauce , usually with a yummy pickled bean or celery stick in them delish!!! I'm not a big drinker, but I love my ceasers!!!

Thanks for all the Canada Day wishes! living in Alberta, we have no beautiful lakes to visit anymore I miss my home province of BC, and sometimes wish DH wasn't in the military for 22 yrs -- posting us away from home all over this big country! I would love to go home to BC, perhaps somewhere on the Island would be nice, maybe one day we will get home!

It's hot as hades here right now!! plus 33 degrees celcius about 90 deg F!!!....it reminds me of why I do JANUARY Disney visits!!! wow, no way, I hate the extreme heat and extreme cold.... I love mild temps, probably why fall is my favourite time of the year, beautiful orange, red and yellow leaves, cool breeze, just enough for a light sweater....perfect days!

Sue: I would try BWI in January too -- but you would also find me in the creepy clown pool!! I love to swim in January/FEb at Disney....one of the best parts of the trip is pool time!

PAS: I hope you stick with BWI CL....i'd love to hear a review from you!

Talking about POLY and Roaches, I am one who found a roach in my room at 2 am after the halloween party!!! try packing up 4 people, 2 teen boys, and 2 ladies (me and my BFF) because no one wants to sleep knowing that creepy crawly is in the room somewhere!!! The good thing about it, they did get us a new room on the lagoon side, we ended up with a beautiful theme park view!!!
I also got bed bugs at POLY -- but this was before the refurb, so I think it would be good to try again one day, my boys however, just like AKL for some reason and wish I'd quite trying to change resorts and try new things on them! Andrew is OK with trying out BWI in Jan 2015 -- he thinks the night life of the board walk with the magicians would be a great location!

I am really hoping our canadian $ stays put and doesn't dive any lower or I'll have a hard time saving for the trip I want in Jan 2015!!!

DH would like to add on a day at the Kennedy Space Station this time when we are in Florida..... I don't know which hotel I'd use as my home base for that day -- Disney or Universal.... My hoped for trip is 5 days/6nights disney/ 2 days Universal/ 1 day busch gardens/ 1 day kennedy space center.
I am thinking of 6 nights at a Disney hotel then getting our usual car service to take us over to Universal.....spending perhaps 3 nights there to do our 2 days Uni/1 day busch gardens. This leaves the kennedy space centre. I have never been before, so don't know the most economical way to add that on. Anyone ever been or have suggestions how to fit it in for DH??

PS.... Since I mentioned that RCer Diva trip 2 yrs ago, I hope we can make it happen one of these yrs for sure!!! I'd love to say Janet / Linda can be the RESSIE Keepers! :-) and I think perhaps a Jan trip one yr to meet up with you lovely bunch would be a GREAT idea! I'm thinking perhaps WL CL or AKL might be a nice winter resort getaway for us! or maybe even the POLY...... definitely something to think about and plan in the not-too-far- future!
I can see myself having more Disney time for friends when my 2 rugrats get going with their lives in the next couple yrs!! Once Andrew graduates next yr, and joins the military, and Josh (my 21 yr old) gets his life on track, it'll be Disney time for me and my girlfriends!!!
Hope you all are having a great Tuesday!
Today I bought $400 USD, cost me over $430 CAD, ugh

Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #775
Sue M
DIS Veteran

WookieHappy Belated Anniversary!! How did that get by me?

Old 07-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #776
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Happy July 4th to all my friends across the border!

Old 07-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #777
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
DH would like to add on a day at the Kennedy Space Station this time when we are in Florida..... I don't know which hotel I'd use as my home base for that day -- Disney or Universal.... My hoped for trip is 5 days/6nights disney/ 2 days Universal/ 1 day busch gardens/ 1 day kennedy space center.
I am thinking of 6 nights at a Disney hotel then getting our usual car service to take us over to Universal.....spending perhaps 3 nights there to do our 2 days Uni/1 day busch gardens. This leaves the kennedy space centre. I have never been before, so don't know the most economical way to add that on. Anyone ever been or have suggestions how to fit it in for DH??

I would love to do a Kennedy Space Center visit, and I tried to talk the DH into doing it on this trip. He's just obsessed almost with doing a tour of the Jefferson Davis house. It's right across the street from the beach and we were both really surprised that Katrina didn't take it out. He says that he just wants to tour it before a hurricane does destroy it.

Quote:
At lest the antihistamines are working. Hopefully, you can figure out what is causing it.

Quote:
I just love Sheldon!!

Quote:
I do. It also has Lidocaine and Menthol.

Quote:
For some reason, when I read the name of that park, my mind automatically thinks "Obi Wan Kenobi".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
WookieHappy Belated Anniversary!! How did that get by me?
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Happy July 4th to all my friends across the border!
Thank you. Since it's been so dry here, we probably won't shoot any fireworks off at our house. We'll have family over and will probably just order some BBQ, so we don't have to cook.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #778
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Sue: UGH!!!! I hope that money starts climbing in our favour again!! My trip and tastes are pricey enough as is, lol!

Coming off a crazy hot day here! Feels like 41 deg with the humidity! That's 105.8 F for my American friends!!!!!!! It's hell

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #779
pas130
DIS Veteran

Magic We may see you at the Portofino...split stay may be in the works....

My DS4 told me the only ride he really can't wait to go on is Transformers..the family is plotting against me again....

Despite the BWI "creepy comments", I really am happy with my choice, forgive me for staying off the Dis because I was a little hurt by some of the clown comments.... Anyhow, not trying to be dramatic, just busy with the kids and all. I guess with all the bad that happened last week, the trip planning...well it is what it is. Hope all is well, and I'll report back after my trip perhaps.

Take care
Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #780
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RC friends,

Happy 4th of July a bit early!

Magic-Hope you have fun in North Carolina!

Missoutandabout-I have been enjoying all the odd bits and pieces about Boardwalk. Its not always on, but we enjoy hearing the old radio shows playing in the background at the Belle Vue Lounge. Love that resort! (But I have to agree, that is one strange looking chair in the lobby!)

Willows
-September is a really nice time to visit, happy (re)planning!

Wookie
-You are too funny! On the other hand, I after looking at that creepy chair again, I thought, it might be plotting something.

Marie
-I so hope well all be able to go on an RC diva trip one of these days (or years). It would be a blast!!!

MM
-Many thanks for starting that Armed Forces Salute watch thread. Hopefully were getting close to hearing something.

SueM-Im the same way about airfare. I need to have it booked and done.

Pas-What can ya do? The clown thing has been around forever. My opinion-the clown photographs odd, period. When youre there in person its no big deal. We love The Boardwalk, know youll have a blast there, too! The location is fab!!!

Janet and Miss
-Thanks for asking! This is the dining line up for our trip. Im done tweaking, I was lucky to be able to fix a few things along the way.
1. Flying Fish
2. Cali Grill (fingers crossed) Blue Zoo alternate
3. Soft open F&W so no plans but to snack there
4. F&W, later La Hacienda-share an appetizer or two for dinner
5. Scotland Land of Food and Drink -hoping I can get tickets (and more details) to this F&W event. Im guessing its taking the place of a party for the senses that night.
6. Le Cellier
7. F&W, Via Napoli
Next day, fly home, start planning for next year!

Can't wait to see the actual schedule for F&W 2013. I get this way every July.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week! Waving hi to friends I've missed!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: