Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #736
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

She's got everyone fooled, fooled I say! She was actually much, muuuuch better than yesterday. Now, can she make it two days in a row?

If ever this grand plan comes to fruition, you are the designated ressie holder! Although, if Linda were to co-chair this position with you... we could stay at ALL the resorts!

Thank you. Kinda what I had suspected, it's some sort of contact allergy. She's given me a referral to see the allergist if it doesn't clear up in a week.

Nope, those ARE creepy chairs! Hahahaha. When we visited the lobby in January, I told my daughter to go "sit on the freaky chairs" so I could get a picture.
Hmmm...what do these creepy, freaky chairs look like? I've never ventured over to the Boardwalk!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #737
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Hmmm...what do these creepy, freaky chairs look like? I've never ventured over to the Boardwalk!
Apparently they have a name... well one of them anyway, PAUL! (story here on WDW for Grown-ups)

Here's their pic of Paul...

Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #738
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She's got everyone fooled, fooled I say! She was actually much, muuuuch better than yesterday. Now, can she make it two days in a row?

If ever this grand plan comes to fruition, you are the designated ressie holder! Although, if Linda were to co-chair this position with you... we could stay at ALL the resorts!

Thank you. Kinda what I had suspected, it's some sort of contact allergy. She's given me a referral to see the allergist if it doesn't clear up in a week.

Nope, those ARE creepy chairs! Hahahaha. When we visited the lobby in January, I told my daughter to go "sit on the freaky chairs" so I could get a picture.

ALL the resorts .... you are giving me way too much credit ... I do know how to do a great split!

Speaking of splits .... I'm feeling sort of sad because our Sept trip we are only doing a 2 way split .... just doesn't seem right .... I'm sure I need another resort in there somewhere!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #739
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Apparently they have a name... well one of them anyway, PAUL! (story here on WDW for Grown-ups)

Ok, definitely freaky and creepy!!

Ummm...can we keep BWI out of the running for the RC Diva future trip?? :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #740
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

ALL the resorts .... you are giving me way too much credit ... I do know how to do a great split!

Speaking of splits .... I'm feeling sort of sad because our Sept trip we are only doing a 2 way split .... just doesn't seem right .... I'm sure I need another resort in there somewhere!!!
If only DH would allow a split and forget the dining plan nonsense. :-) I'm sure we'd save some money :-)
Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #741
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If only DH would allow a split and forget the dining plan nonsense. :-) I'm sure we'd save some money :-)
I would love to do at least a 5/3 split between CBR pirate room and a deluxe like CR or Poly...in my dream world, we'd even do CL! :-) FWIW I think Poly club level is a bit cheaper than CR? That would be an awesome anniversary!! :-) but alas I don't think that's going to happen...
Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #742
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Happy Tuesday Morning!!!!

Disney cruise anyone????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Is it sad that I am trying to convince DH that we need to hop on a plane and head down to Disney for a couple of days...like today??? And he's listening???

We have 2 more weeks before our AP's expire...
Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Times a wastin'! Spur of the moment trips are the best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
You post all those beautiful pictures just to torment me!..Chanting: "I will not change..I will not change...I will...not..ummmm...)
Of course I do I love watching people change their minds 101 times! If I were a gambler, I could possibly make some money off this thread....would make for a great pool

Quote:
Pas130...it scares me that you had CL withdrawal and changed your resort! That means I'm in trouble after this trip with 2 CL resorts....Will I ever go back to value??? Ah well... I suspect my hubby will be the one who is hopelessly hooked after this trip! Congrats on your "more recent" change!!
Worked for me There's always a method to our madness....DHs just don't know it...

Quote:
My mom was up here all weekend and left a while ago. She's 81 and I treasure the time we have just hanging out together. And even though an hour and a half seems far away sometimes, it's just a drive away. She's absolutely hooked on her laptop that my son bought for her and loves Face Book! She even brought her laptop with her this weekend so she wouldn't miss anything in FB land!
That's awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Agree about creepy clown pool but one day I may try BWI, maybe a January trip, when SAB isn't as big a draw!!
Creepy Clown Pool here we come .....

Quote:
Kiddo's all blotchy again. I'm totally perplexed what this could be from. Thought it was the bugspray but she hasn't had that on her since the first time she broke out. Taking her to the doc's later on. I think it bothers me more than her... other than her scratching it occasionally. Ah, the mysteries of children. Keeps us on our toes.
How's this going??? Any better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hiya friends!
I am trying hard to catch up after our recent trip to a wedding in Atlanta. I am backreading, and enjoying hearing about all the changes and, of course, pondered changes.
You were in my kneck of the woods...Georgia! Well, not really...that's almost 4 hours away.

Quote:
A bit about the wedding. There were three of us that were good friends while our husbands were stationed in Germany. We each had two babies there, and had a lovely friendship. Fast forward...ummm...Yikes..30 years, and those little ones are all grown up and getting married. This wedding was for one of those children. Such fun! The weekend went by fast, but we managed to find lots of happy time together.
Sounds like a GREAT time!!!

Quote:
I have been busy tweaking dining. I hope I finally have it set, but with me, who knows? It looks like Cali grill should be open for our trip, fingers crossed we'll get reservations. I noted the chef changed the name of his twitter page, but there's good info about Cali grill there, still. I figure he should know when it will reopen. Just quoting my read, Sounds like maybe last week in August?
Love this place!!! Especially the view!!! Can't wait to see the updated CG

Quote:
Apparently they have a name... well one of them anyway.

Hmmmm.....weird.....goes right along with Creepy Clown. Paul will definitely add to our experience at BWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
ALL the resorts .... you are giving me way too much credit ... I do know how to do a great split! :

How do you do it????!!!! We've only done a 2 way, and that makes me edgy Always nervous I'll forget a kid or something...

Quote:
I would love to do at least a 5/3 split between CBR pirate room and a deluxe like CR or Poly...in my dream world, we'd even do CL! :-) FWIW I think Poly club level is a bit cheaper than CR? That would be an awesome anniversary!! :-) but alas I don't think that's going to happen...
Do you mean 5 resorts or 3 resorts?!! I'm not up on the "Split Lingo"....I need explicit details

Looks like rain on and off today which is fine. Getting ready to do some painting! Not like arts n' crafts painting....I mean paint the interior walls painting!! After 12 years, the kitchen and den are looking a bit dingy to say the least.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #743
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Just had to pop on to say I love those chairs and the pool best themed of all IMO. Now I want to scrap the Poly especially reading about the Tour Groups and roaches taking up residence

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #744
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Happy Tuesday Morning!!!!

Disney cruise anyone????

Yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Just had to pop on to say I love those chairs and the pool best themed of all IMO. Now I want to scrap the Poly especially reading about the Tour Groups and roaches taking up residence
Ack! Where did you read that about the Poly? Roaches! YUCK!!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #745
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

There are so many things just plain wrong about the Boardwalk, lol!!!

We didn't hop on a plane....we looked at airfare and it was just too expensive. that's ok!

Sheila - don't change Poly!!! You've got to give it a shot. The tour group thing would stink, but I guess that could happen anywhere, right? And the roach thing....I'm thinking while that poster was gazing at the fireworks from her balcony, she left her door open allowing mr roachy face (er, palmetto bug ) to fly right in.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #746
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Heather -- I meant 5 nights at one resort and 3 at another. :-)
Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #747
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Eeewww...what's this about tour groups and roaches??
Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #748
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Enjoy the day, you fabulous neighbours-to-the-north! Perhaps I should go get the makings of a Caesar to toast you ladies later on...
a Caesar would be nice!! And some bartenders actually know how to make them in the US now!!!! And don't look at me like I have 2 heads if I order one

Quote:
Happy Anniversary to Wookie!

Thank you thank you thank you. I need some reassurance every now and then that I'm not alone.

This would be a PERFECT location for an RC-Diva trip! Oh my, could you imagine?! We'd all plan to be there but wind up at different resorts anyway from all the changing.

I'm just trying to stay sane, honestly. That's about all I've got time for.

Hubbo -- who's in Seattle at the moment -- said it's funny how they're all complaining about the heat. Then I reminded him how it was for us when we lived overseas with no AC. He said, "Yeah. I know exactly how they feel." Luckily his hotel has AC but the university buildings don't.

No worries about not having the right tags. If you're unsure of whether changing the luggage tags they sent you will work: Just take your luggage receipt sticker-thingies you get from the airlines down to the DME desk, they'll retrieve your luggage from those.

~~==============================~~

Kiddo's all blotchy again. I'm totally perplexed what this could be from. Thought it was the bugspray but she hasn't had that on her since the first time she broke out. Taking her to the doc's later on. I think it bothers me more than her... other than her scratching it occasionally. Ah, the mysteries of children. Keeps us on our toes.
Hope she feels better soon!

Quote:
Missoutandabout.....Perfect! I will do just that.Thank you ladies for your advice...I am so excited...3 more days of work and then....VACA!!!

Quote:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are creepy chairs!!

I'm just a 3 hr drive from Seattle, the thing is, we've had a cool, wet June then bam!!!! Conditions go from that to hot, sunny and soaring temps to 90 over night! We are all shell shocked here I look at it as getting ready for Florida!!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #749
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Mornin' Peeps !

Heather.. thank you for your wonderful "pix of the day" Always a treat at work when I pop in the thread.

Quote:

Love it! Maybe I'm partial as that is my DS' name.... oh I will have to send him this pix!

Quote:
Sheila, there will always be a negative review about any resort.... and as MM posted, it could be palmetto bugs NOT roaches...keep the POLY, this is YOUR time to try this resort... you have always wanted to stay there! Just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We didn't hop on a plane....we looked at airfare and it was just too expensive. that's ok!
MM, Tell me about it ....but it was good to hope and dream for a day right?

Quote:
Hiya friends!
I am trying hard to catch up after our recent trip to a wedding in Atlanta. I am backreading, and enjoying hearing about all the changes and, of course, pondered changes.
A bit about the wedding. There were three of us that were good friends while our husbands were stationed in Germany. We each had two babies there, and had a lovely friendship. Fast forward...ummm...Yikes..30 years, and those little ones are all grown up and getting married. This wedding was for one of those children. Such fun! The weekend went by fast, but we managed to find lots of happy time together.
Ginny, welcome back! We missed ya! How nice that you stayed friends all these years. It must of been so great to be back together again.

Quote:
I have been busy tweaking dining. I hope I finally have it set, but with me, who knows? It looks like Cali grill should be open for our trip, fingers crossed we'll get reservations. I noted the chef changed the name of his twitter page, but there's good info about Cali grill there, still. I figure he should know when it will reopen. Just quoting my read, Sounds like maybe last week in August?

Sure missed you all! I will do a muti-quote tomorrow, sending out hugs and best wishes to all the rc friends today!
Ok Ginny, you have to spill abour your ADRs!

Quote:
of course our sweet Miss M will

Quote:
well Linda?? Will we be the designated RH?

Quote:
They look kind of fun and cool and quirky ... a good creepy.. Did Miss M like them??

Quote:

My mom was up here all weekend and left a while ago. She's 81 and I treasure the time we have just hanging out together. And even though an hour and a half seems far away sometimes, it's just a drive away. She's absolutely hooked on her laptop that my son bought for her and loves Face Book! She even brought her laptop with her this weekend so she wouldn't miss anything in FB land!
Awesome!! My Mom can't travel by herself anymore (she has parkinson's and lives in Assisted living... she's 83). Enjoy those visits together, and make those memories.... life is too short.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #750
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
now what's this about tour groups and roaches?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: