Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #691
pas130
DIS Veteran

Congrats to your DD Candace

Yes my ticker changed...
Old 06-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #692
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
My little baby...DD6 had her gymnastics exhibition today....I was so worried because this was her first show, and she usually freaks out about this stuff from shyness...

Well, she gave her best performances and to our surprise, (though of course we think she's great ) she was awarded Gymnast of the Year!!! for her age group!!!!!

We are soooooo proud of that little one!
Congrats to your little princess .... saw her picture on FB .... what a doll!
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #693
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Yes my ticker changed...

Old 06-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #694
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes my ticker changed...
I can't see it... :-(

What changed now?? :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #695
pas130
DIS Veteran

I guess I had cl withdrawal..so we are at bwi (again)
Old 06-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #696
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I think we all knew that POR was a flash in the pan. We love you Jeanette.

Please tell me it's not just my child which does this...

When the co-parent is away, she loves to lull me into a false sense of security. Here I was yesterday thinking, "Wow, she's been the bees' knees today. All nice and stuff. Listening and whatnot." Who is this wunderkind of goodness?

Less than 24 hours later? WHAM-O, suddenly it's "Let's Inflict Mental Anguish on the Unsuspecting" day. Bedtime was TOTALLY early tonight.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #697
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Well, ideally, I would do 4 and 3...not sure if we can swing that and still keep it around the same price...still trying to do the math...

Oh and the only way DH would agree to a split stay would be if he didn't know...hehehe
you crack me up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
DECLINING CDN $$!!!!!! Nooooooooo!!!!!! I've got 19 months to save still!!!! I need our $ near par!!!!! It's hard enough because I've been bit by the deluxe club level bug too, and my next trip was leaning towards BWI!!!! So our $$ needs to strengthen again, YES IT DOES!!!!!

DS's interview went well I think, we're waiting for a security clearance to be done and references checked/ could be a 5 day process or so -- with Canada Day long weekend, we might hear something next week. They did ask if he had a pair of work boots at the end of the interview, so that's a good sign, but we'll have to go shopping for work boots for him if the offer comes through. It'll be an adjustment working night shift (10-6:30 am) mon to Fri/ at least he doesn't have to work weekends. It'll work out till he can save enough for a car too because by the time he drives home, I don't leave for work until 7:30, so he can use our car for now. I am hoping he gets the job, he's 21 and had many struggles, but it's time to start testing the world on his own a little. I'll still be here to support him but I need him to start testing life's waters and trying to find his way. It's so hard when they are not academically gifted and don't know what they want to do! I hope things work out for him because I worry so much. I am so thankful my youngest - my 17 yo- has firm plans to join the military after HS next year! He's a bit more of a go-getter and knows what he wants. I thought younger yrs where hard??? Nothing compared to this time of their life!
Praying it all works out so DH and I can finally start enjoying some of our hard earned money again, lol!!!
Good luck to your son with the job.
Yes, sadly CAD is down, ugh. I'm glad I have my hotels PIF for August at par. And flights. I have a USD $ acct here, and just transferred $100 into it. Cost me $107 CAD for $100 USD

Quote:
Of course after I ask him to check all of that, I am asking myself what on earth I'm thinking by cutting vacation short a day in order to pack up and move... All for a few nights in a deluxe resort? Which most likely wouldn't matter except for a bit more convenient for a few days with the monorail...no, no, no...it is not worth the lost time, more money, and a possibly PO'd DH for going ahead with a split stay when he already nixed the idea...

I have issues!! :-)
We all have issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Love the main pool area .... lots of shade for those hot July days! Nice quiet pools too. I like that there is a large CS and also a TS. We had a nice dinner there one night. And don't forget the boat to DTD! And last but not least Piano Bob!!!
I agree, POR is our fav moderate, and possibly the prettiest resort on property. We prefer the mansions. And one day we will do the horse & carriage rides! This may be a possibility for our January stay. I'm going to wait to see what kind of BB we get in August.

So disappointed in Late summer AP discounts :-(. Not any better then GP discounts, only 30 % on deluxe not even a lousy 35% sheech!!

Quote:
My little baby...DD6 had her gymnastics exhibition today....I was so worried because this was her first show, and she usually freaks out about this stuff from shyness...

Well, she gave her best performances and to our surprise, (though of course we think she's great ) she was awarded Gymnast of the Year!!! for her age group!!!!!

congrats!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #698
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all of the congrats to DD!!! She loved reading them.

Jeanette...why does this change not surprise me????

Well, I just got home from a mommy/daughter night with DD9. We only live 20 minutes from Canobie Lake Park, a local amusement park, so we headed down there and it was fun. Many more thrill rides than Disney, so I'm hurting a little bit now....but we had a good time. It's so funny that I have been going to Canobie since I was a very small girl and I just can't take those rides like I used to anymore....Advil and bed are in order for me now.

Have a great night all!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #699
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
you crack me up!!

Good luck to your son with the job.
Yes, sadly CAD is down, ugh. I'm glad I have my hotels PIF for August at par. And flights. I have a USD $ acct here, and just transferred $100 into it. Cost me $107 CAD for $100 USD

We all have issues

I agree, POR is our fav moderate, and possibly the prettiest resort on property. We prefer the mansions. And one day we will do the horse & carriage rides! This may be a possibility for our January stay. I'm going to wait to see what kind of BB we get in August.

So disappointed in Late summer AP discounts :-(. Not any better then GP discounts, only 30 % on deluxe not even a lousy 35% sheech!!

congrats!!
I always stay in the mansions .... guess it's my inner Scarlet!

Quote:
Thanks for all of the congrats to DD!!! She loved reading them.

Jeanette...why does this change not surprise me????

Well, I just got home from a mommy/daughter night with DD9. We only live 20 minutes from Canobie Lake Park, a local amusement park, so we headed down there and it was fun. Many more thrill rides than Disney, so I'm hurting a little bit now....but we had a good time. It's so funny that I have been going to Canobie since I was a very small girl and I just can't take those rides like I used to anymore....Advil and bed are in order for me now.

Have a great night all!
Mommy/daughter time is the best!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #700
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Haha, funny you should say that Linda!! Cause I feel like Scarlett too coming down the central staircase
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #701
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Good morning all (almost afternoon). I'm really dragging due to the staying up until 4am finishing my Shutterfly projects. Then the kids were both up before 7:30am. Not fun. But I've been cleaning and trying to keep myself moving to stay awake. :-) And they're BOTH going down for naps soon. Even DS6 who ends up with twitching eyes and nose, etc. when he's tired and he's been a twitching mess the past couple of days. Didn't even argue much when I said he needed to take a nap today so I know he's tired. Can't afford to get sick now!!

Now I just have to put together the treasure map and clues, etc. for the reveal and get the nerve to let DH know I have a few things I've collected for that. Hehehe
Sending you good thought, prayers, and pixie dust, that you don't get sick.

I hope the reveal goes well.

Quote:

Congrats to your DD. I'm a 37 year old woman, and I still have never done a single cartwheel. I was terrified as a child that I would fall mid-cartwheel, land on my neck and break it, so I refused to even attempt one.

Quote:

Have a great night all!
Sounds like a great night.

Well it's officially our 18th wedding anniversary!! I really need to get to bed, because I am going to get up super early, and go to the bank and Wal Mart before coming home, getting the men up and buying the tickets online (so we can save $8 per ticket). I'm still not sure what we'll be doing for dinner though.

To all of our lovely Canandians....HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

Also, as an odd bit of American history, today marks the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. The DH is a huge Civil War buff, so I'm pretty sure he agree to our wedding date, because it would be easy for him to remember.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #702
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess I had cl withdrawal..so we are at bwi (again)
Creepy clown and CL!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-01-2013, 01:46 AM   #703
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

I think we all knew that POR was a flash in the pan. We love you Jeanette.

Please tell me it's not just my child which does this...

When the co-parent is away, she loves to lull me into a false sense of security. Here I was yesterday thinking, "Wow, she's been the bees' knees today. All nice and stuff. Listening and whatnot." Who is this wunderkind of goodness?

Less than 24 hours later? WHAM-O, suddenly it's "Let's Inflict Mental Anguish on the Unsuspecting" day. Bedtime was TOTALLY early tonight.
LOL! It is definitely NOT just your child... :-)
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #704
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Haha, funny you should say that Linda!! Cause I feel like Scarlett too coming down the central staircase
Fiddle dee dee!

I think I'd love the mansion rooms too! :-) may have to wait until a girls trip of some sort...
Old 07-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #705
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Yes my ticker changed...

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: