Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #556
Janet B
DIS Veteran

well i had managed to quote myself, so now I have an open post to fill!

Hoping all my Peeps had a lovely weekend!!

Pas and Dani

DetTigGal... you are in the World!! Isn't life Grand??

Welcome back Lulu'sMom .. hoping you had a wonderful, magical vacation!!

Melissa, know you were struggling with a summer cold.. hopefully you are feeling much better....

Oh, news from me... my Sam joined the marching band We are thrilled!! A great connection going over to the high school! The music program is highly regarded, and I know she will make some great friends.

This week... mini band camp ... hot and humid....yikes! She's been holding up fairly well (must be all her YMCA training )

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 06-26-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #557
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
well i had managed to quote myself, so now I have an open post to fill!

Hoping all my Peeps had a lovely weekend!!

Oh, news from me... my Sam joined the marching band We are thrilled!! A great connection going over to the high school! The music program is highly regarded, and I know she will make some great friends.

This week... mini band camp ... hot and humid....yikes! She's been holding up fairly well (must be all her YMCA training )
Give a big LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT to our gal Sam (and a cold bottle of water). Sorry that you've had a challenging week. Speaking of which, how is our fearless Changer in Chief? I hope she's just been busy working and all is well. Big hugs to you both.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #558
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
When we do split stays I like to do early check in too, for one thing it's less lines, if any. I use a cab to take us & luggage to new resort. They have taxi vans to accommodate luggage if you think you have more then what will fit in a sedan, same price, just request that if you need it.
I like having my luggage there for when room is ready.

This seems like a plan!

I just got home...ugh. Work, grocery shopping, target and laundry when I got home....long, long, day...I'm going to catch up reading now! 8 days!! So ready!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #559
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Janet -- DH has DS working in a workbook to make sure he's ready for 1st grade (and doesn't forget everything!) and so he promised him an extra special surprise when he finishes it. Which he said was Disney...SO I'm thinking maybe after he completes it, he'll get the clues that lead him to the hidden letters DISNEY. Then with the last letter he gets the map which will have the treasure marked (bag with all the goodies?).

Thoughts?

RE: my mental RCing earlier...I'd love to do a split stay with the CR, BUT I also like the schedule we have right now, and it's only available through 8/8 NOT 8/9.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #560
Willows909
Mouseketeer

So......I just switched resorts.... This trip better hurry up...I've done a whole lot of resort hopping and I'm not even there!!!

Koh1977...Yup loving that idea! You guys are all so creative...me..not so much.

Both my kids were in band in high school...my son did the marching thing! It was the best..especially all the parades.

DetTigGal...Hope you are having so much fun!!

Chimo2u ...hoping for good news for you!

hstrickland...What a beautiful photo! So beautiful!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #561
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Jen...hope your little feels better soon!

I know I'm missing so many of you! Hope you all have a good night...I need some sleep....and I need to stay off the phone....I can't believe I changed resorts.....AGAIN!.....
Old 06-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #562
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
So......I just switched resorts.... This trip better hurry up...I've done a whole lot of resort hopping and I'm not even there!!!l!

Do tell!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #563
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
[COLOR="Green"]
I'm sorry he's having so much trouble at work. If it would make your DH's job easier, you can send the rain to me, I'll take it.

[COLOR="green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I hope she gets to feeling better soon!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps!!

Jen, do so hope that DD's fever is gone and that she has able to go to school today. Those last days and goodbyes are so important for the little ones!
Quote:
Jen...hope your little feels better soon!

I know I'm missing so many of you! Hope you all have a good night...I need some sleep....and I need to stay off the phone....I can't believe I changed resorts.....AGAIN!.....

Thank you all so much, thankfully she is feeling better now. I hate fevers.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #564
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So......I just switched resorts.... This trip better hurry up...I've done a whole lot of resort hopping and I'm not even there!!!

Koh1977...Yup loving that idea! You guys are all so creative...me..not so much.

Both my kids were in band in high school...my son did the marching thing! It was the best..especially all the parades.

DetTigGal...Hope you are having so much fun!!

Chimo2u ...hoping for good news for you!

hstrickland...What a beautiful photo! So beautiful!
Where are you now?? When do you leave?? Lol
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #565
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Wilderness Lodge....I saw it, I had to have it. I arrive on July 5th....
I have woods view. Could have done Courtyard view for $50 more total...Did not know which. What do you all think? Should I have gone for that instead? Woods view sounded nice and I didn't even request anything....should I? I have to do the work thing again..what's up with that??!! So open to room request suggestions...or courtyard view......?? Have a wonderful day everyone...I will catch up when I get home tonight!! I really love this place.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #566
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Willow: Yay for WL!! And on July 5 too! So freakin close! Super excited for you!

Ok, on the verge of a change here myself. Considering a move to a family suite at ASM....cannot beat the price with the BB we have. It is still about $400 cheaper than a family suite at AOA for the same dates. And all the DD's will have their own bed. The older two did not really enjoy sharing this past trip.

I know a few of you don't enjoy the values, but do any of the RC ladies have any experiences that were good there?? Candace, was it you who had a bad experience there?? In looking at the pics it really doesn't look too bad, but will we be super disappointed after staying at deluxes?? Help me!!!

Perhaps I just need someone to tell me the little bit of extra $$ is worth it to stay deluxe!! LOL!

Last edited by jennyjinx3; 06-27-2013 at 07:19 AM.
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #567
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Hey all- we are having a "grand" time. Yesterday am went to AK- did Everest (2x), Kali (2x) , dinosaur and primeval whirl ...started at 9 and back in the room by 12:30!!! Met up with our band director and his wife at MK around 8 and had a blast until 11:30- big thunder (2x) splash, castle show, wishes and haunted mansion.

Off to the studios today

Janet- congrats to Sam for band!!! She'll love it!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #568
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Hey all- we are having a "grand" time. Yesterday am went to AK- did Everest (2x), Kali (2x) , dinosaur and primeval whirl ...started at 9 and back in the room by 12:30!!! Met up with our band director and his wife at MK around 8 and had a blast until 11:30- big thunder (2x) splash, castle show, wishes and haunted mansion.

Off to the studios today

Janet- congrats to Sam for band!!! She'll love it!
Your trip sounds wonderful ! Have fun today at DHS!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #569
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Janet: COngrats on Sam making the HS marching band!! That is awesome!

DetTigsGal: Sounds like a great day! Keep having fun!

Hi Sheila!!

Okay, so DH just gave me the go ahead to price out Boardwalk Inn instead! I know it is around the same price as Beach Club, but DH really wants to try something different too. I am sensing a phone call in my future!!

Kook: What is a good room request for a standard room??

Jen
Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #570
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Janet: COngrats on Sam making the HS marching band!! That is awesome!

DetTigsGal: Sounds like a great day! Keep having fun!

Hi Sheila!!

Okay, so DH just gave me the go ahead to price out Boardwalk Inn instead! I know it is around the same price as Beach Club, but DH really wants to try something different too. I am sensing a phone call in my future!!

Kook: What is a good room request for a standard room??

Jen
Woohoo! BWI sounds lovely - it's the resort in front running for my next trip
It seems like Jan 2015 will take forever to come! I could do with a review before then, Jen

Quick update on DH (it's his bday today and we're taking him to Red Robin (A CDN burger joint) for dinner -- yeah! No cooking!!! -- tomorrow is date night at the VIP theatre to see The Heat)

Dr apt was a mixed bag still. He is finally given the go ahead to begin more aggressive Physio to see if he can get movement in the top joint of his pinky. If after 2 months/ end summer it's still not moving or contributing to function of his other three working fingers, he'll have to make a choice if its really worth keeping if it is hindering function of the other three. He's grown quite attached to his little/ smaller hand, so that would be a big dissapointment to lose baby finger too. The surgeon said though in his opinion if the baby finger has no movement still, it's just going to suck from his three good fingers, and he'll have better function with three fingers than 3 and a tag along finger that's not offering any function to his overall hand use.
So it's a waiting game and Physio all summer to see what kind of movement / if any he can obtain in his baby finger. Next Visit is Aug 28th. We should have a little better idea by then what he's looking at for going forward to meet his goal of going back as a Sheriff/ if he can. That's the hope though.

DH and I are in need of a holiday!!!

DS 21 FINALLY has his interview for his first job at Home Depot ( CDN hardware store) today! He's applied for a night shift position M-F 10pm-6:30am
On the freight team -- offloading/ stocking etc. I am so hoping he gets it because he needs to get his life started somehow - he needs it for experience- he needs it as a stepping stone for whatever he's going to do next ( which at the moment is kind of unknown , but leaning towards the possibility of becoming an electrician) -- he needs it for his sanity and self esteem! He just needs something to feel good about and to work and have his own savings and sense of accomplishment -- oh how I hope he's successful and gets offered the position! I have a feeling if he fails at this, his self esteem might be crushed and he may just go into a slump please pixie dust for my boy!!!!

Hope all is well with all my loving RCer family

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: