Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #541
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello ladies. Busy and quiet, you lot.

I should pick some up! I remember bathing in the exact same thing when I got chicken pox. So far I've been using Cetaphil in the bath, Caladryl after and giving her a dose of Benadryl at night. She's red and blotchy all over still. It's starting to get better but very slowly.

I'm too p**ped to pop. (Not sure if they mod that word or not.) I need an intervention -- if someone doesn't get these, as I like to call them, "Mega Uber Snowcaps" away from me I'm going to eat the entire container. (They're from TJ's; 73% dark Belgian chocolate. Oh. So. Flippin'. Good. )

Only thing remotely not-boring to share besides my love of TJ's chocolate, we decided to grill last night and consulted with the radar first because it was due to storm. The thunderstorms were two huuuuuuge midwest-sized counties away so what the hey, right? Before I started the grill, I was hearing warning sirens way off in the distance -- but the sky was bright? (Discovered afterward that Fermilab runs their sirens during Tstorm warnings, not just when a tornado has been sighted.) Storms two counties away, we're good. Got the coals nice and hot, threw the food on: mushrooms, burgers, hotdogs, mini Yukon potatoes. Flipped the burgers once. Just then, I heard thunder; I turned around to see a sky which went from sunny-happy-land to doing its finest "Coming Apocalypse" impression. I can only imagine how frantically DUMB both my husband and I looked as we rushed to get the food off the grill into the dish as golf-ball sized rain drops started pelting us from above. The wind was unbelievable. I've learned two things in our grilling adventures: 1) Do not grill unless the leading edge of the storm is only just at the state-border between IL and Iowa. 2) If you attempt to grill during a stormy cataclysm, watching someone remove mushrooms from the grill with a spatula instead of tongs is very funny, indeed.
I think you both need hugs Hope things improve more soon!

That is one scary sounding storm!! Poor Calgary is awful flooded! It's the next province over. All we on the west coast have to worry about is earthquakes
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #542
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies....sorry I have been MIA too. My heart just hasn't been in it lately, not sure why. But I am here now!

Miss: what a funny picture you painted! But it sounds like a real feast you were having! So sorry to hear about Miss M's rash and itchiness. It is so darn frustrating for them. I second the Aveeno.

Wookie: Look at you posting the map! Do we have our RC version of Robo over here???

SueM: You sound like the split stay pro! I will be coming to you with questions if we ever do it!

The storms and rain have been bad here too. We got a torrential downpour this morning that woke all the DD's up and had them staring out the window. It was brief but did a number on the town's sports fields. DH had to close a few fields tonight so some ball groups couldn't get on them. He is now dealing with multiple emails from disgruntled people ragging on the municipality for the weather. Poor guy, he is so stressed about his job right now, middle management. It is hard, but he does such a good job and I am trying my best to keep his spirits up.

DD4 has had a fever for 2 days now, trying to wean her off the ibuprofen. Tomorrow is her last day of school, she needs to be there to say goodbye to everyone.

Waving hi to all....hope you are all well.

Jen
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #543
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Miss: You have given me my belly laugh for the night with that picture!! Thank you so much....I need that!! The look on her face is priceless!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #544
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So does anybody know what happens when you book a discounted package and then make changes later (after the discounted booking is over)? Say for instance I'd want to move the last couple of nights to a different hotel...would BOTH reservations have to be rebooked at rack rate? Or would my current resort still be discounted and the other changed resort would be rack rate as of now?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #545
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Exactly. Get going early morning to check in at AKL & pick up your kttw cards, etc. I've done it several times. I like early check in anyways. Less or no lines.
This trip we are staying first night at Pop, but toying with AoA little mermaid room. But like you for 1 night don't know if it's worth it . Still may chchchange
Well I showed JM pictures and he likes the look of the ASMovies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wookie: Look at you posting the map! Do we have our RC version of Robo over here???
It's funny you say that, because when I was making it I was thinking that I was channeling my inner Robo.

Quote:
The storms and rain have been bad here too. We got a torrential downpour this morning that woke all the DD's up and had them staring out the window. It was brief but did a number on the town's sports fields. DH had to close a few fields tonight so some ball groups couldn't get on them. He is now dealing with multiple emails from disgruntled people ragging on the municipality for the weather. Poor guy, he is so stressed about his job right now, middle management. It is hard, but he does such a good job and I am trying my best to keep his spirits up.
I'm sorry he's having so much trouble at work. If it would make your DH's job easier, you can send the rain to me, I'll take it.

Quote:
DD4 has had a fever for 2 days now, trying to wean her off the ibuprofen. Tomorrow is her last day of school, she needs to be there to say goodbye to everyone.

Waving hi to all....hope you are all well.

Jen
I hope she gets to feeling better soon!!

Well the new shower finally got finished today about 1:30 PM. He said we can't use it for 24 hours, and can't put anything on the shelves for 5 days. Since the bathtub in the inlaws master's bathroom has recracked, we don't have a working shower in this house until 1:30 PM tomorrow. I swear as soon as the clock in my room ticks to 1:31 PM, I'm heading for that shower.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #546
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So does anybody know what happens when you book a discounted package and then make changes later (after the discounted booking is over)? Say for instance I'd want to move the last couple of nights to a different hotel...would BOTH reservations have to be rebooked at rack rate? Or would my current resort still be discounted and the other changed resort would be rack rate as of now?
You can modify reservations even if a promo has ended, as long as there is availability at the resort you want to switch to but usually you will need to speak with guest services

They will just modify unless the resort/s have no availability then you would have to pay rack or any current promo that might be out there for your dates.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #547
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning All!

A quick hello then I need to do a little catching up Can't believe I slept until almost 7:30am Hubby woke me up when he was getting ready to leave for work. Not like me to sleep the day away

Just a little Disney cheer for my RC friends Missing the World really, really, really bad this morning. And look at my dreadful ticker!!!

Back to catching up!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #548
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

Back to catching up!
Heather
I'm not caught up either, but just caught this and now I'm - thank you!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #549
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm not caught up either, but just caught this and now I'm - thank you!
See...just another reason to love the MK resort area BLT is looking really good right now

Has anyone seen Man of Steel??? Thinking I might take the kids to see it in the IMAX.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #550
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning All!

A quick hello then I need to do a little catching up Can't believe I slept until almost 7:30am Hubby woke me up when he was getting ready to leave for work. Not like me to sleep the day away

Just a little Disney cheer for my RC friends Missing the World really, really, really bad this morning. And look at my dreadful ticker!!!

Back to catching up!
Heather
I sooo want to be there!!!! Well, not in this heat, but once it cools down

Wishing everyone a great day!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #551
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

A Quick hello to all my friends! I'm sitting in the hospital waiting room waiting to see the surgeon with DH - it's the big follow up apt today to see how the bone graft is progressing! Fingers crossed for him.

Sue - we're in Edmonton, and our sump pump is in overdrive the last couple days! What devastation in Calgary, so sad. I'm amazed they'll be going ahead with the stampede! What a fighting spirit calgary is showing

I laughed out loud at your grilling escapade Erica! How funny!!!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #552
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Step away from the computer, Krystal...(yes I'm talking to myself). I was just looking into prices for the last half of our trip at Contemporary...I know DH said no split stay, but since we're not staying in a hotel on the way down... Yes, I have issues!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #553
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
A Quick hello to all my friends! I'm sitting in the hospital waiting room waiting to see the surgeon with DH - it's the big follow up apt today to see how the bone graft is progressing! Fingers crossed for him.

Sue - we're in Edmonton, and our sump pump is in overdrive the last couple days! What devastation in Calgary, so sad. I'm amazed they'll be going ahead with the stampede! What a fighting spirit calgary is showing

Fingers crossed you get good news!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #554
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Has anyone seen Man of Steel??? Thinking I might take the kids to see it in the IMAX.
We saw it opening weekend. Everyone in my family really liked it. Even John Michael, who didn't want to see it "because he hates Superman". The soundtrack was really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

Sending prayers, good thoughts, pixie dust, and everything crossed that I can cross for good news from the doctor.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #555
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!!

Well it's been a heck of a week so far... busy, hectic and at times stressful, and that has left little time for the DIS.

Hope you all been well, and actively thinking, planning, scheming and cha-cha-changing away!!

We did see Monsters University over the weekend and LOVED it!!

Hope to get caught up in the next day or two. Miss you all!

A few quick responses...

Marie, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for receiving good news for DH's bone graft

Kor, have you brainstormed on that pirate map yet and clues? Oh I so love to do this sort of thing! (but I think I read some mental RCing.....the CR??)

Heather love the pix!!! Not just the subject but the beautiful way you have enchancing each pix!

Jen, do so hope that DD's fever is gone and that she has able to go to school today. Those last days and goodbyes are so important for the little ones!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 06-26-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: