Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #391
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just waving hi to everyone. Woke up with a cold this morning and besides making the kids a gluten free pizza crust and a pot roast for dinner I didn't move from the couch will catch up when I'm feeling better.

Hope everyone is having a great day

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Aw..feel better soon..Rest!!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #392
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Is there an award for the Dis'er that is most indecisive? I have been booked at Beach Club for months, and as excited as I've been, still can't get the monorail resorts out of my mind. Well today, with way too much time on my hands, I moved us to the Grand Floridian. We check in next Friday!!!

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
dfarner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #393
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
Is there an award for the Dis'er that is most indecisive? I have been booked at Beach Club for months, and as excited as I've been, still can't get the monorail resorts out of my mind. Well today, with way too much time on my hands, I moved us to the Grand Floridian. We check in next Friday!!!
Wow! Have a fabulous time!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #394
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
It's ok, you can be nosy!! We are doing the 3 night cruise first and I am trying to be financially more responsible that's all. Truth be told I do not want to switch from BC, I loved it there so much. And....we have most of our ADR's at Epcot, so really it makes no sense to stay anywhere else right???
Smart you are....trying to be financially responsible I constantly remind the kids that a money tree does not grow in the back yard With the discounted room we had at POR back in January, I think it was only around $175 or something like that. Maybe a bit lower. Does it make sense to stay at BC??? But I totally get you wanting to cut the cost...especially if you're only going to be there a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Heather I do think depression is a big part of it, he was worse this week an Sunday was Father's Day in fact I never even said anything about it, I was afraid of upsetting him more since I know how hard Mother's Day is for me.
Know that y'all will be in my prayers, Shelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
That's a double
Told ya!

Quote:
Will do ya one better, we'll be at BWI in October. (It was originally CR-GW but after this past trip and finally having it sink in that our favorite park(s) to spend time at are DHS and Epcot and we missed the Boardwalk area, it made no sense to keep CR just for one night of MNSSHP. Back in our favorite area. ) I'm really seriously majorly considering AKL for January though.
I'm holdin' ya to it! So you're an EP Resort girl Do you know how many times I've said I was going to stay over there....and then get cold feet!!! I'm a monorail snob my deep-seated issues go way back to childhood The MK & the CR are so nostalgic.....I need to expand my horizons, don't I???

Quote:
Just waving hi to everyone. Woke up with a cold this morning and besides making the kids a gluten free pizza crust and a pot roast for dinner I didn't move from the couch will catch up when I'm feeling better.

Get some rest and feel better soon! Colds can be the worse

Quote:
Is there an award for the Dis'er that is most indecisive?
Why yes there is....and it goes to Queen Pas!!! The most indecisive of all the indecisive people on this thread You're in the right place

Quote:
I have been booked at Beach Club for months, and as excited as I've been, still can't get the monorail resorts out of my mind. Well today, with way too much time on my hands, I moved us to the Grand Floridian. We check in next Friday!!!
YES!! Another monorail resort lover! Great move!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #395
dfarner

Thank you. My DH has been talking a bunch about the monorail resorts, so I've been thinking a lot about being over near MK. The Grand will be wonderful, but I'm nervous about the construction. The Beach Club was a surprise for my family, and the Grand is as well. Nothing like flying by the seat of my pants!

Me DH DD11 DD7

2011-Polynesian~GVCL
Old 06-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #396
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you. My DH has been talking a bunch about the monorail resorts, so I've been thinking a lot about being over near MK. The Grand will be wonderful, but I'm nervous about the construction. The Beach Club was a surprise for my family, and the Grand is as well. Nothing like flying by the seat of my pants!
Last year we were originally booked at POR, then moved to a pirate room at CBR. Then I upgraded us to BC, which I did love, but it wasn't ideal for us that trip. This year I was convinced we'd stay at POFQ, but then booked us at CR-GW. Then I wanted a split stay with AKL, but DH wouldn't agree to it, so then I talked him into AKL for the whole trip and added a night. But then after DS said he still really wanted to stay in a pirate room and DD saw videos of the pool and kept saying "more yo yo pirates" I switched one more time and added another night. We're in a pirate room at CBR. Almost full circle. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #397
dfarner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Last year we were originally booked at POR, then moved to a pirate room at CBR. Then I upgraded us to BC, which I did love, but it wasn't ideal for us that trip. This year I was convinced we'd stay at POFQ, but then booked us at CR-GW. Then I wanted a split stay with AKL, but DH wouldn't agree to it, so then I talked him into AKL for the whole trip and added a night. But then after DS said he still really wanted to stay in a pirate room and DD saw videos of the pool and kept saying "more yo yo pirates" I switched one more time and added another night. We're in a pirate room at CBR. Almost full circle. ;-)

That's quite a circle-wow! Isn't it something how Disney makes our choices soooo hard? All of their resorts are tempting and awesome in their own way.

Me DH DD11 DD7

2011-Polynesian~GVCL
Old 06-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #398
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
That looks wonderful!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wow...yummo!! Looks delish!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
That looks totally yummy!! Enjoy!!!

(And then later maybe save that number we all call on your phone. It has earned a place in your frequently called numbers. That should prevent any future dialing malfunctions.
It tasted even better than my iPhone photo.

Excellent suggestion! Learn from my mistake and don't dial 1-800, unless you want to chat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
We all copy in the hopes that this plate of delish.....would Disney magically become real in front of us!!! For the record it did not. here anyway
It's a distant memory here now, too.

Quote:
KOOK - oh my, that looks DELICIOUS I am with the 800# incident! Congrats on your RC, I know you will be happy to go "home"!
Thank you. The predictable and consistent resorts are often the best.

Quote:
Oh my. That's a plate full of yummy. (Admittedly, being a Marylander therefore a blasphemous infidel and imagining that were a pile of blue crabs and/or oysters instead of lobstah, my eye was immediately drawn to the beer. Also, I love translating for our fantabulous New Englanders.
Ah yes, nectar of the Gods as DH says. That was a Shock Top, with a Stella chaser.

We skipped the oysters, seeing that they might have come from the James River, but the soft shell crab are in season which made DD happy:

Quote:
Went to put Miss M to bed and come back to a bunch of this. Love you ladies.

MM, we love it at 50's too! Just can't see us going back for a while... quite a while.
As a courtesy to those who are reading after breakfast or have already gotten queasy reading your "Vomitrocious Prime Time Tale," I've snipped the gory details. But, I completely understand and appreciate your lack of desire to ever dine there again. We don't dine there anymore either. The last time time we were there the server didn't "play her role" at all and as you very well know, the tables are very close together there in those rooms and we had a family smack dab next to us who, let's just say, wouldn't have been our first pick as table mates. Also, the menu seemed to have shrunk to airline menu proportions, so need to return for us. However, we did grab a desperation milk shake at the bar last visit and all went well.

Quote:
Forgot to ask... anyone want to share their opinions of Hollywood Brown Derby?
We've been twice and like 50s, I think that was our last visit. The Cobb is tasty and can be shared, but the service was not nearly as good as our first visit and the menu seemed MEH. It wasn't bad, just not what I would consider a 2TS restaurant. Really, other than SFDI, we don't like any of the DHS restaurants. Mama Melrose's was also MEH. We now prefer to walk from DHS to Epcot and instead eat there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Looks yummy!!
It was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
so Kook did you save the number for future use? And congrats on getting your "Old Faithful" room booked!
Well, the number is exactly the same, with the exception of three little numbers: 407

Quote:
OMG KOOK that looks so delishcious even at 6:30 in the morning!
Yep, today, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Not officially...can't do it. BUT the plan calls for an Orlando 1 night cheapie hotel when we arrive, and then checking in at Portofino....6 nights CL. DH says I can go to WDW as much as I want, but he and Brandon are staying onsite then off to the beach

OK my two cents...a grown man...really dude, get up and go to the potty. Sorry, but that in a pet peeve. I see people throw up on the floor when there is a garbage can RIGHT THERE!!!!

OK, sorry....HRH was napping in her stroller at the gift shop for Star Wars while we waited for everyone to come off the ride. She woke up and pulled an exorcist, I think she was 2 maybe. I felt so bad...I asked them for paper towels and quickly cleaned up....yuck. I'm pretty desensitized to vomit, et al....lots of practice
Really glad we're not on the Community Forum as that would be an unfortunate tag.

So are you not staying at WDW or is DH and DS? I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Yummy!
The butter was good, too.

Quote:
Yay Kook!!!

Hope you had a great vacation!!!! Congrats on OFC by the way!!
Thank you!

Quote:
I totally agree that OFC is hard to beat! I simply love it there. When we left, we said that we wouldn't stay anywhere else, but we really wanted to try CL somewhere else. When we finally agreed upon YC, we said that if we didn't like it as much, we would be back at OFC again. Well, YC CL was just kind of meh, and we should go back to OFC, buuuuuuuut, of course, I want to try CL at a monorail resort.....and thennnnnnn back to OFC.
I felt the same about the Regatta Club. That lounge and service area is just so small in comparison and no view at all from the lounge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Let the banana dance commence for the fortunate few

That is tag-worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

A most beautiful picture my friend!!! Now you have me contemplating a different villa other than BWV maybe 2 CL rooms at WL?? Or maybe a deluxe room and one CL room parents are going with, of course, so we need the extra space....or maybe a 2 bdr villas????
Is VWL calling your name? Have your tried BLT? That is the best DVC, IMHO.

Quote:

KOOK Welcome Home!
It's nice to be welcomed back - thank you!

Quote:
Heather The man is just falling apart, between not sleeping and his various aches and pains, stayed in bed all day yesterday has an Appt with the eye Dr today, taking bets on whether he will go or not.

Still hasn't made it to his neurologist

Yesterday he said he thought he was getting polio, last week it was MS or Parkinson's ........talk about turning into a hypochondriac

I got so pissed I told him he needs to go see a "Shrink" that went over Big!

Oh well so goes the saga of Bob
So sorry. Is it possible that he in fact realizes that he needs medical attention, but is just too scared to face the reality the Dr. might present?

Quote:

Kook: Welcome home!
I accidentally deleted your great "Saga of Bob" suggestion. But, let's make sure Sheila doesn't refer to it by its initials only

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
You are always doing so much for your family so please take care of your cold and rest. How are you feeling today?

Quote:
Welcome! Your vacation is almost here! I'm sure you already know that you can still change at check-in and after just one night or even three
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #399
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Kook -- your comment about going to Epcot instead of eating at DHS was what I was thinking about last night...it's a resort day for us, but HS has EMH that night...maybe we could eat in Epcot though first and then take the boat to HS? Hmmm...

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #400
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Good Morning

S.O.B. Bob did make it to his Eye Dr. Appt. yesterday and good thing too. I have been noticing his eyes seem to be getting worse again. Two Years ago he had cataract surgery on both eyes and went to wearing glasses all the time to not needing them at all. By last year he needed to get glasses for reading. Now it seems he can see close up and far away but his middle distance is not good and he has to go back to wearing them all the time.

Now I kinda think maybe he brought this on himself since after the surgery he was suppose to use eye drops daily but stopped after a few weeks.

Quote:
dfarner GF is on my bucket list

KOOK See above S.O.B. just for you

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #401
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Kook -- your comment about going to Epcot instead of eating at DHS was what I was thinking about last night...it's a resort day for us, but HS has EMH that night...maybe we could eat in Epcot though first and then take the boat to HS? Hmmm...

Krystal heading over to Boardwalk is a good option too if you want to just want to go with the flow and not bother with ADRs BRG & ESPN no reservations needed also Beaches & Cream @ BC. Cap'ts Grill can usually take walk ups too.

We personally love BRG

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #402
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning RCers!

In honor of dfarner's Grand trip .....

Quote:
That's quite a circle-wow! Isn't it something how Disney makes our choices soooo hard? All of their resorts are tempting and awesome in their own way.
Tell me about it! When I was a kid, there were 3 choices....Poly, CR and offsite! Well, until they built the lovely GF in 86ish....then we could go with 4. A much simpler time in our lives

Quote:
..... I need some coffee after reading that one!

Quote:
Absolutely!!! Flying is great! The way to go! Who am I kidding?....I'm the biggest most obsessive planner ever No worries about the construction...seriously. My parents were at the GF for a week back in December and said it was fine. They requested to be far away from it and their location was perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We skipped the oysters, seeing that they might have come from the James River, but the soft shell crab are in season which made DD happy:

Looks fabulous!!!! I'm always up for a great meal especially when it involves seafood! And fyi....Disney Shirt What's a vacation without a little WDW???

Quote:
That is tag-worthy.
Not to sound completely ignorant....but what does that mean? Yes, I asked. I consider myself fairly intelligent, but I'm drawing a blank.

Quote:
Is VWL calling your name? Have your tried BLT? That is the best DVC, IMHO.
Not sure WHO is calling my name. I'm totally confused. Don't you see...I'm trying to expand my Disney horizons by getting away from the MK resorts....but there's a strong force pulling me back. I have looked at the WLV but they seem so very far away from the main pool. Haven't looked into BLT, yet. We really want to try a villa for our family of 7....but don't want to stay at OKW or SSR.

Quote:
It's nice to be welcomed back - thank you!

Shelia....so glad to hear yall made it to the dr!!!!

Ok....funny story. Some of you might remember me talking about my husband being the DisBoard Lurker. Well, get this. The man is out of town on business, and as I'm checking my TR....guess who shows up??!!! THAT MAN!! Yes, my hubby makes his very first post on the TR. I started cracking up laughing when I saw the "name" he chose.....good grief He did eventually call and ask for help with his ticker. I asked him if he had been drinking!! (he's really not a drinker at all....but I was wondering) He tells me he's gonna "highjack" my thread - see, I told yall he's a lurker...he knows the lingo.

Anyway....back to reading!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #403
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Ok gang, today school finally ends in good old New Milford- although technically because of the exam schedule Justin has been done since noon on Wednesday! We leave around noon today, 1st stop...Gettysburg. Now that it is finally summer, will be able to check in more often!

Have a great day
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #404
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Ok gang, today school finally ends in good old New Milford- although technically because of the exam schedule Justin has been done since noon on Wednesday! We leave around noon today, 1st stop...Gettysburg. Now that it is finally summer, will be able to check in more often!

Have a great day
Bananas for you, too! My sister lives in Glastonbury, and her kids have their last day, also.

Safe travels!!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #405
pas130
DIS Veteran

Sorry I've been busy!!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!

Kook Welcome home, there's another RCer who is booked at OFC

This gal!!!!!

dfarner The Grand will be fabulous!!!

DetTigsGal YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!

MelissaGet well soon, only us busy mommas get those summer viruses

JenBeach Club is meant to be

HeatherAnother FAB GF pic!!! I switched from BLT to GF GV..but that was SO 2 days ago

So as excited as we all were for PBH, I have an AP that expires in August...and I want WDW!!! 2014 Spring Break will be Universal. Since a split stay would be a lot of money for tickets....DH let me pick...and I picked WDW. Since he wanted a laid back resort, I picked WL, and I made him happy...

SueThat furbaby is ADORABLE!!!!

Sheila

AND a HUGE to ALL!!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: