Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #361
TT4Dis
Mouseketeer

SueM - What a sweet baby! I grew up with a black cocker spaniel and she was the sweetest dog.

I haven't been tracking my days to go because I am not booking until Monday but I had to check when I saw everyone else post theirs....drumroll.....

89 days to go!!

That will make working today a little more tolerable!

Nov 28-Dec 4, 2010 CR

June 7-16, 2012 Offsite
March 23-28, 2013 AoA LM
TT4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #362
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

In the midst of feeling sorry for myself (since my trip is a year out ) I forgot to say good morning to my RC Peeps and make replies

TT4Dis.....and here's a banana just for you

Jenn.....happy to hear the birthday was a success!!!!

Christine....animals always have a way of stealing our hearts. After my yorkie had to be put down, I refused to get another dog...way too painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Do I see a link for your POR TR? Yay! I'm so mad I didn't get pics of us for our breakfast meet!
Neither of us did??!! Send me a pic of y'all....you must be in the TR Hope you're resting and the knee is doing better. At least you have the Dis to occupy your time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Back from vacation and of course, I am way behind on all my favorite threads.
Hope your vaca was uneventful and restful! Glad to have you home.

Quote:
6 weeks from today we'll be pulling up to our favorite Lodge...

A most beautiful picture my friend!!! Now you have me contemplating a different villa other than BWV maybe 2 CL rooms at WL?? Or maybe a deluxe room and one CL room parents are going with, of course, so we need the extra space....or maybe a 2 bdr villas????

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #363
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Sue such a precious pup My Aunt Ruthie had a Cocker when I was little, very sweet dogs

Heather I thought having another 136 Days was a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Double Digit Dancing!!!!!

99 days until I am back in my favorite place!!!!

MM 99 Days NO FAIR, You just came back!

Quote:
[CENTER]Back from vacation and of course, I am way behind on all my favorite threads. I'll be back to multi-quote later, but I wanted to dance a little with Candace - 6 weeks from today we'll be pulling up to our favorite Lodge...
KOOK Welcome Home!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #364
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Exactly!....try approximately 330 days sounds dreadful!

How's your hubby doing?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #365
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sue such a precious pup My Aunt Ruthie had a Cocker when I was little, very sweet dogs

MM 99 Days NO FAIR, You just came back!

KOOK Welcome Home!
I've been back for a whole 54 days.... Seems like an eternity.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #366
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been back for a whole 54 days.... Seems like an eternity.
I know what you mean....it has only been one month for us!!

Good morning to everyone today! Just called to check availability of POR again, and still nothing. Except the CM first told me there was and then proceeded to quote me rack rate. I love it when we have to correct the CM's. Sheesh.

It is all good, still at Beach Club! And Boston is still on too! Only 1 month and two days to go until our adults only getaway!!

Candace: Can you give me some restaurant recommendations? Seafood perhaps?

SueM: Looking at that sweet girl makes me still want a doggie. But I agree with Heather, it is so devastating losing them. I thought my heart was broken in two when our kitty Corson died two years ago.

Heather: WL sounds lovely doesn't it?? We loved the feel of it when we went to look at a deluxe room. Too bad they are a little out of our price range!

Hope you all have a good day!
Jen
Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #367
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I know what you mean....it has only been one month for us!!

Good morning to everyone today! Just called to check availability of POR again, and still nothing. Except the CM first told me there was and then proceeded to quote me rack rate. I love it when we have to correct the CM's. Sheesh.

It is all good, still at Beach Club! And Boston is still on too! Only 1 month and two days to go until our adults only getaway!!

Candace: Can you give me some restaurant recommendations? Seafood perhaps?

SueM: Looking at that sweet girl makes me still want a doggie. But I agree with Heather, it is so devastating losing them. I thought my heart was broken in two when our kitty Corson died two years ago.

Heather: WL sounds lovely doesn't it?? We loved the feel of it when we went to look at a deluxe room. Too bad they are a little out of our price range!

Hope you all have a good day!
Jen
I would definitely recommend Legal Seafood! It's a Boston seafood classic!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #368
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Exactly!....try approximately 330 days sounds dreadful!

How's your hubby doing?
Heather The man is just falling apart, between not sleeping and his various aches and pains, stayed in bed all day yesterday has an Appt with the eye Dr today, taking bets on whether he will go or not.

Still hasn't made it to his neurologist

Yesterday he said he thought he was getting polio, last week it was MS or Parkinson's ........talk about turning into a hypochondriac

I got so pissed I told him he needs to go see a "Shrink" that went over Big!

Oh well so goes the saga of Bob

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #369
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

77 DAYS until AKV/OKW
Old 06-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #370
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Heather The man is just falling apart, between not sleeping and his various aches and pains, stayed in bed all day yesterday has an Appt with the eye Dr today, taking bets on whether he will go or not.

Yesterday he said he thought he was getting polio, last week it was MS or Parkinson's ........talk about turning into a hypochondriac

So sorry that things aren't getting any better with Bob. Is there anyone you could have come talk to him that he would listen to? Wish there was more we could do for you besides to just listen and be here when you need us.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #371
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would definitely recommend Legal Seafood! It's a Boston seafood classic!
I second that!! Absolutely awesome and amazing!! :-) Rhode Island calamari is the best! And the scallops are delicious!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #372
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here's some maybe something will open up...it's a great resort!!

Quote:

Jen
WL is DHs favorite...but with 3 kids we don't fit in the rooms anymore We would have to do a deluxe room. Since my parents will be traveling with us, we could do 2 rooms....however....it would be tight. JMO but there's a noticeable difference in size when comparing it to the monorail resorts....nice having the sofa/daybed. At POR, it was super tight, but no worries because it was a super short trip.

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, Shelia. Do you think he might have some depression going on? Depression can do all sorts of weird things to people, and make people do things they normally wouldn't do. It's got to be frustrating for you. I'm with Linda...maybe there's someone that can talk with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
77 DAYS until AKV/OKW ]
And here's a banana to dance for you, too.....

Actually....I think you deserve more than a piece of fruit....how bout' my favorite dancing man?!....

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #373
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon lovelies.

Kook: Welcome home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Going into an actual B&BW is a waste of time for me since my favorite scent, Cucumber Melon, is only offered online now.
I swear I saw Cucumber Melon yesterday at our store -- the lotion anyhow! Although I think they must've been clearing out their storeroom because I also saw Vanilla Bean Noel.

Quote:
Miss Not sure if anyone would call what I had at HBD standout or not.

I had the Cobb salad for my app, I had a chicken entree which was very tasty and the grapefruit cake for dessert which was yum
I forget what Bob had.
Ooooh, yes. Going to have to get the Cobb salad (and the cake, too of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Yeah!! I think I have ADRs set!! Even have enough "room" to add a walk up lunch at Kona if we want and/or a walk up for breakfast at The Wave... switched out our 50's dinner for Brown Derby...excited to try the grapefruit cake.
I hope my story didn't sway you to change to HBD!

Quote:
Today is a beer for dinner kind of day. DD6 was testing me big time this morning and then continued to do so when I picked her up after work. DH is working late tonight but is constantly telling me that I am not strict or tough enough with her. So, I've been on my own with discipline tonight and it's rough.

My DD9 is such a good girl and honestly rarely acts out so it's hard for me to know what to do with a child that can be so defiant....it's so frustrating. I'd say that 90% of the time, DD6 is such a sweet little girl, but that 10% is so bad it makes me forget how good she normally is...

Sorry, Mommy problems...gonna continue my dinner
Poor momma. Hope your dinner was a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
DH is out of town through Sunday (except for a brief overnight back at home tomorrow night), so...yoga pants, glass of wine, chick flick, and my iPad (to stay caught up of course). It's gonna be a great night!
That does sound like an excellent way to spend the evening.

Quote:
She did have a lovely day, lots of birthday presents, sisters that were excited for her and greeted her with hugs this morning, cards from friends at school, Daddy and I took her for lunch, dinner was chinese food and ice cream cake from DQ with her Nana and Papa too. She was grateful and happy. She then spent the night cheering on her sister at soccer. A wonderful day.
Yay, so glad she had a fabulous birthday!

Quote:
No, not too painful. Just a little pulling getting sutures out! But not going to get the results I hoped for. Surgeon said when he went in, the knee deterioration was more then what he thought, and what MRI & X-rays showed. But it should feel a bit better anyway. I do need a knee replacement sooner then I thought.
I'm sorry the news wasn't better for you.

Quote:
We went to Brown Derby last August for lunch for their amazing Cobb Salad and grapefruit Cake. We each had a Cob Salad for our meal and it is amazing!! Have lunch ADR again in August. Yum. Service was very good too.
Yep, on the agenda for October indeed!

Quote:
Thanks so much for posting my Sophie!!
She's an ADORABLE fur-baby!

Quote:
Miss was it you who asked the legal age here in Canada? It's 19! My youngest was choked last time she came with me. She was legal here but wasn't in the US
I'll tell ya, it's not too pretty here in Vancouver tonight, nothing but grey, and rain, bleck.
Don't think it was me who had asked. I always assumed it was closer to the U.K.'s drinking age than here in the States though. (My young British nieces will be in for a shock if they ever visit here before turning 21.) I'm just glad I was waaaay over the limit on our visits up north or I wouldn't have had all those many delicious variations of Caesars.

Quote:
You should make this into a blog... The Saga of Bob. You would get tons of commiseration from wives the world over with husbands who drive 'em crazy.

Where'd the rest of my multi-quotes go?! Alrighty then, the old fashioned way...

Heather: What were those lovely libations in that picture anyhow? I probably should look into a vacation like the one you just took ... the AP purchase kinda took care of that notion however!

Jen: No POR availability because it is FATE that you stay at BC!

Going to join in the dancing for all of you with double-digits...

I just checked my countdown. 148!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #374
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

By the way... there's not been a SINGLE day that's gone by since we got back that hubbo hasn't mentioned AKL. Although, I was showing him pics of BWI's lobby yesterday and he said, "Yeah, I remember it being really nice in there from Christmas." Nope, not changing the October ressie. It has got me thinking about January though...
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #375
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Glad everyone enjoyed Sophie's pic! She is a snuggler, and follows me everywhere. I'm a little worried about leaving her in August. We will be in Florida for almost a month, hubby will be home with her. Have to start getting him to take her on walks so she gets used to being with him. She is starting to jump up on his lap too now, but I seem to be her main person.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: