Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #346
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
SueM's Sophie

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Beautiful furbaby!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #347
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Another warm and fuzzy simultaneous post coming up

We're still on vacation so I'm not thread current, but had to post about what I've been up to on vacation.

Ginny, where are you when I need you?! DH has had me calling WDTC daily trying to get CL. I usually never call from my iPhone and must have been in vacation mode when I accidentally dialed 1-800 instead of 1-407 and ended up on some adult chat line. After calling daily, I did get CL just now for WL, which probably won't surprise any of you that I changed to Old Faithful.

We have an "ADR" here soon at the marina so I have to run. Happy hour is calling
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Heather : I would be the one that would love to have WDW for my birthday!! ME!! I hope they never start asking me that, then we would be going 3 times a year!!

Hi and ! I too am toying with POR, but there is no availability for us either (we are using a BB offer). I have not stayed at CSR, but DH wants to one day!

Melissa: Hope you had a nice day with Sarah, UGH hate the fighting, I am praying the girls won't be doing too much of that this summer. Must. keep. them. busy.

Hi!! Miss you!

Jeanette: Thanks for the b-day wishes for Kailey, hard to believe they are growing up so fast. She is changing everyday into a little woman...literally!!
BTW....don't be scared to say it....

Hi sweet Ginny!!

Miss: Hiya! Yes, I hope she has a nice b-day even without a party, the girls in her class this year have been a bit...oh shall we say catty??? so she wants to just have her one tried and true BFF and their family over on Friday. And yes we are still at BC, but just between us all here, the resort choice may still be in jeopardy.

Willow: Ha ha! This was me when I called to change to downgrade us from BC...I just could not do it!!

Sue: Whoot whoot for online check in!! Hope it wasn't painful at the DR.

Koh: Can't wait to hear how your big reveal goes!

Wookie: 2075....you kill me!! And we have a Grand Caravan SE, tires set me back $650.00 and yes they are big suckers too! I am hoping that was a good deal, we shopped around a bit.
No, not too painful. Just a little pulling getting sutures out! But not going to get the results I hoped for. Surgeon said when he went in, the knee deterioration was more then what he thought, and what MRI & X-rays showed . But it should feel a bit better anyway. I do need a knee replacement sooner then I thought.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #348
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The hour is getting happier...

Yummy!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 06-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #349
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Forgot to ask... anyone want to share their opinions of Hollywood Brown Derby?

We had an -- let us just say "unfortunate" non-food or service related -- occurrence at 50's which means we probably won't be returning for a long, looooooong time.
We went to Brown Derby last August for lunch for their amazing Cobb Salad and grapefruit Cake. We each had a Cob Salad for our meal and it is amazing!! Have lunch ADR again in August. Yum. Service was very good too.

I adore the fried chicken at 50's so sorry you had a bad experience there.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #350
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Went to put Miss M to bed and come back to a bunch of this: Love you ladies.

MM, we love it at 50's too! Just can't see us going back for a while... quite a while.

It was Sunday evening and we walked right up without a reservation and were seated almost immediately -- this should have been the warning sign.

We'd sat down and ordered, first the drinks then the mains. Had a lovely and not too OTT waitress named Janice. The drinks arrived when I'd heard a slightly odd sound coming from the table across from us. Hubs quickly looks at me and says, "Please. Whatever you do, don't look across the room." But then I heard it again and me being me, I looked. It's what I thought I was hearing -- a grown man retching and all the wonderful sights which go with such sounds. That split second glimpse. Eesh. The waitress high-tailed it out of the room when it was happening. (Seriously, nurses are god-like creatures. Lookin' at you Jeanette. I don't know how you lot can see what you see on a daily basis and are still able to eat.) Miss M thankfully sat there clueless and ate her meal. The only tables which knew what had happened were ours and the table to the right of us. They gave us TSM passes for our pain and suffering.

I think the worst part other than the actual SEEING it part was: they had a man with superhuman powers come in and clean it up -- then sat another party down at the table! It immediately made me think of what must have happened at OUR table before.

The evening was thoroughly topped off with a little girl at the table kitty-corner in the opposite direction falling off her seat and slamming onto the floor face-first. She was fine in the end but oooooof. The Dark Side was out in force that evening... I'm surprised we made it out of there in one piece.

From that evening onward, anything remotely nausea-inducing or even the slightest bit on the gross side has henceforth been referred to as "a bit 50's Primetime" by hubbo and myself. Humans will be humans but needless to say, we need a new table service restaurant to try in DHS.

Was he already getting sick when they seated you? Ugh. They should have cleared that section out!

Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #351
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Good Morning all! Shoulder still not the best, but I have to go to work! Sigh....

Wow, that was some Derby story! Ugh, that would do me in...

I got up late...so of course here I am with a quick cup of tea and out the door....be back later today to catch up! Have a great day everyone!
Hope your shoulder feels better. Are you taking any anti inflam for it, and ice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Good morning! 40 more days til we leave!!

Janet -- I was SO thinking of doing a treasure hunt with map and all! :-) That's if I do it before the day we leave! :-)

MM -- so you're going in August AND September?? I think I missed something along the way. :-)

Pas -- any changes since yesterday?? :-)

Hi to everyone else!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
59? Days for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning! Good Morning!

I'm late However I've been up since 6ish....had to get DS11 up and ready. He's helping my aunt with yard work today. Excited he is not

Looks like DetTigsGal is leaving next week for the GF....here ya go! Happy packing!!!!

So happy to be of assistance my friend Know what you mean about it being closer to other parks. It seems a bit far removed....but still AWESOME!!!!

Thanks! And yep....gotta get this stuff grown out!!! When this Southern heat kicks in and we're in the pool half the time, a ponytail is the way to go Hope you're feeling better!!!

I agree!!! Awesome mod!!!! Can't wait to share my pics...

Feeling better today???

Most definitely!!!! I don't change my resort so much....I just upgrade and add days DH is use to it after years of aggravation. Now it's just expected

Thanks! Nice to be home....kind of We stayed at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. Lots of fun for all ages.

Since we live fairly close, we can drive. If we had to throw in airfare, it might be a different story. One year, we did 4 trips....and dare I say this....( it lost some of its magic ) Ok...I said it....no flaming....

I'm probably not a good one to give you advice.....my family lives for the TS restaurants....weird, I know. Love, love, love Ohana!!!! Love Kona, too....especially their crθme brule!!! BOG for dinner is on my bucket list. So....how much help was I???

Ok....did I tell you that we love TS restaurants??? We liked both of those restaurants, but then it's very subjective, ya know. Some people love Liberty Tree Tavern....but me, not so much. Again.....no help, was I??

You're too kind, sweet Janet. The kids were not in the mood to stop, get off the golf cart and make pictures! Of course that's not an option when traveling with yours truly 1000 pictures just isn't enough....

Hey there, Shelia!!

I need to stop procrastinating and get some household chores done myself. Faith and Jesse are still fast asleep....thank goodness.

Mousemommy Hey there!

Coffee is getting low....must make a run to the kitchen for some more, then it's back to doing nothing. That is until the little ones arise ...

Heather
Thanks for the GF pic, just did our online check in today, woohoo! Do I see a link for your POR TR? Yay! I'm so mad I didn't get pics of us for our breakfast meet!

Quote:
Wow! Everybody's been so quiet this morning! Everything ok out there in RC land?? :-)

Yup! Just been busy! Had to find DH a new GP, and he had his first appt this morning. I wanted to go along to meet him!
Quote:
Yeah!! I think I have ADRs set!! Even have enough "room" to add a walk up lunch at Kona if we want and/or a walk up for breakfast at The Wave... :-) switched out our 50's dinner for Brown Derby...excited to try the grapefruit cake. ;-)

I thought the Cobb salad was amazing!

Quote:
DH is out of town through Sunday (except for a brief overnight back at home tomorrow night), so...yoga pants, glass of wine, chick flick, and my iPad (to stay caught up of course). :-). It's gonna be a great night! :-)

Sounds good to me!

Quote:
Hollywood and Vine - lunch or breakfast ADR?

I have to say, I really don't like H&V. It was, and still is the worst meal we've ever had at WDW, and the only restaurant I'll never go back to.

Quote:
SueM's Sophie

Thanks so much for posting my Sophie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
She is precious!! Is she a cockapoo??
No, she's an American Cocker Spaniel. She will be a year old Aug 31! I adopted her last week from a vet clinic.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #352
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Miss was it you who asked the legal age here in Canada? It's 19! My youngest was choked last time she came with me. She was legal here but wasn't in the US
I'll tell ya, it's not too pretty here in Vancouver tonight, nothing but grey, and rain, bleck.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #353
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Double Digit Dancing!!!!!

99 days until I am back in my favorite place!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #354
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Good morning!

Back from vacation and of course, I am way behind on all my favorite threads. I'll be back to multi-quote later, but I wanted to dance a little with Candace - 6 weeks from today we'll be pulling up to our favorite Lodge...

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #355
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Yay Kook!!!

Hope you had a great vacation!!!! Congrats on OFC by the way!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 06-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #356
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
SueM's Sophie

Be still my heart! Sue, Sophie looks so much like our sweet, sweet Cocker, Paris. She was just a little one and as sweet as they come. I still miss her after all these years.

Sophie is beautiful!!! What a treasure.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #357
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yay Kook!!!

Hope you had a great vacation!!!! Congrats on OFC by the way!!
Somehow, I knew you would approve

I know you've been trying to figure out where to stay for your next visit. We're very lucky that if available, we could stay at any CL, but we keep going back to OFC because overall, it's the best WDW CL and the best value, IMHO. We also love the theming, location, amenities such as the gym and the transportation. Our BLV Tower room without CL was the same price as the WL-CL room we switched to. While the room is smaller, the lounge area is larger and we end up spending a lot of time in the lounge area. It's a great place to leave DH when he needs to, umm, rest
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #358
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Somehow, I knew you would approve

I know you've been trying to figure out where to stay for your next visit. We're very lucky that if available, we could stay at any CL, but we keep going back to OFC because overall, it's the best WDW CL and the best value, IMHO. We also love the theming, location, amenities such as the gym and the transportation. Our BLV Tower room without CL was the same price as the WL-CL room we switched to. While the room is smaller, the lounge area is larger and we end up spending a lot of time in the lounge area. It's a great place to leave DH when he needs to, umm, rest
I totally agree that OFC is hard to beat! I simply love it there. When we left, we said that we wouldn't stay anywhere else, but we really wanted to try CL somewhere else. When we finally agreed upon YC, we said that if we didn't like it as much, we would be back at OFC again. Well, YC CL was just kind of meh, and we should go back to OFC, buuuuuuuut, of course, I want to try CL at a monorail resort.....and thennnnnnn back to OFC.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #359
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Back from vacation and of course, I am way behind on all my favorite threads. I'll be back to multi-quote later, but I wanted to dance a little with Candace - 6 weeks from today we'll be pulling up to our favorite Lodge...
Yeah to 6 weeks!!!! Same here! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #360
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Let the banana dance commence for the fortunate few

Quote:
Yeah to 6 weeks!!!! Same here! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Double Digit Dancing!!!!!99 days until I am back in my favorite place!!!!
Quote:
6 weeks from today we'll be pulling up to our favorite Lodge...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
59? Days for me

And where is my name????? Oh that's right....I have an ENTIRE year to wait!!!!!!!!! I'm not bitter at all....

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: