Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #331
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Jen Happy Birthday to your DD!!!! (I've got one of those 9 year olds myself....next Disney trip, she will be a Disney adult! )
With adult prices

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #332
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Went to put Miss M to bed and come back to a bunch of this: Love you ladies.

MM, we love it at 50's too! Just can't see us going back for a while... quite a while.

It was Sunday evening and we walked right up without a reservation and were seated almost immediately -- this should have been the warning sign.

We'd sat down and ordered, first the drinks then the mains. Had a lovely and not too OTT waitress named Janice. The drinks arrived when I'd heard a slightly odd sound coming from the table across from us. Hubs quickly looks at me and says, "Please. Whatever you do, don't look across the room." But then I heard it again and me being me, I looked. It's what I thought I was hearing -- a grown man retching and all the wonderful sights which go with such sounds. That split second glimpse. Eesh. The waitress high-tailed it out of the room when it was happening. (Seriously, nurses are god-like creatures. Lookin' at you Jeanette. I don't know how you lot can see what you see on a daily basis and are still able to eat.) Miss M thankfully sat there clueless and ate her meal. The only tables which knew what had happened were ours and the table to the right of us. They gave us TSM passes for our pain and suffering.

I think the worst part other than the actual SEEING it part was: they had a man with superhuman powers come in and clean it up -- then sat another party down at the table! It immediately made me think of what must have happened at OUR table before.

The evening was thoroughly topped off with a little girl at the table kitty-corner in the opposite direction falling off her seat and slamming onto the floor face-first. She was fine in the end but oooooof. The Dark Side was out in force that evening... I'm surprised we made it out of there in one piece.

From that evening onward, anything remotely nausea-inducing or even the slightest bit on the gross side has henceforth been referred to as "a bit 50's Primetime" by hubbo and myself. Humans will be humans but needless to say, we need a new table service restaurant to try in DHS.
o wow, that sounds like it was an evening. The last daycare I worked I, I was always the one called in to clean up when kids got "sick" like that. Usually, as long as I don't see the actual act, or especially hear it, I am fine. I just pretend it's smelly fake vomit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Wookie, I have a Town & Country van too ... had to get 4 new tires in the fall...luckily there was a promo to get $70 back. And woohoo for today being your last class!!

I absolutely love my T&C. I didn't realize until after our trip this last June, that we could play two different movies in it at the same time. There is just so much room in it, that it is perfect for road trips. We put down the smallest part of the back bench seat when we drove to WDW and put the ice chest there. The rest of the luggage fit in the back "trunk" area. Then the youngest DS sat in the non-folded down part of the back bench seat (because he wanted to for some odd reason), the oldest DS sat in one of the 2nd row captain's chairs, and we put the snacks in the other one.

I still name my cars. For the longest time I had a Ford Explorer named "Betty", because, ya know, "Betty Ford". Also, I used to have a white Saturn named "Wilma" (because at the time we had a fish named Fred, and since Wilma wore a white dress, I thought the name fit and wanted to keep with Flintsons' names at the time) I had a different name for this van, but the DH changed it. I had named it Natalie, because our last name is Swann, it's a black minivan, and Natalie Portman played the lead in the movie "Black Swan". I don't like to use the same name for vehicles, because it's kind of like giving the same name to all of your kids. Well the DH changed it to Betty, because of the song "Black Betty".

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning! Good Morning!

Heather
That is such a beautiful picture!! One of these days, the DH and I will stay there, in the main building CL, just the two of us. Hmmm, I wonder if I could convince him to do that for our 20th wedding anniversary....

Quote:
Just got back from buying smelly soaps and random other things I don't really need from B&BW.
Going into an actual B&BW is a waste of time for me since my favorite scent, Cucumber Melon, is only offered online now.

OMG, I shouldn't have looked at their site just now. I had no idea, they were having a huge sale. The DH is gonna kill me. I went to Wal Mart late last night to get something for JM (he's been having "tummy issues") I ended up buyin 8 t-shirts for myself for our WDW trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #333
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Miss Not sure if anyone would call what I had at HBD standout or not.

I had the Cobb salad for my app, I had a chicken entree which was very tasty and the grapefruit cake for dessert which was yum
I forget what Bob had.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #334
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Yeah!! I think I have ADRs set!! Even have enough "room" to add a walk up lunch at Kona if we want and/or a walk up for breakfast at The Wave... :-) switched out our 50's dinner for Brown Derby...excited to try the grapefruit cake. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #335
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! I have to apologize to everyone right off the bat....I simply cannot keep up with you all and how great you are at keeping track of all the posts and people and quoting... I read every single post and get confused with the screen name and real names.... So I'm going to hold off on all that quoting and be kinda general in my posts til I really get to know who is who and what is what! Hope that's okay with everyone! You are all too good at this!

Home from work and my shoulder is ugh...but I have ice (actually frozen "medicinal" peas....) on my neck/shoulder. And I am blissfully numb. Thanks for all your concern! It's so nice...

I love hearing all the switching and planning ..and in that spirit...I am contemplating something. When you check out of the resort on that last day, and are going to another resort hotel...can you stay on the checked out resort and enjoy it until you are ready to head to the next one? Thinking of staying at POP for a last night because we are up and out VERY early for the flight home. If I can hang out all day at AKL and then check in at the POP for the evening the night before we come home, I think I would do it! (Plus there's a big drop in the airfare if I extend it another day...) Just thinkin'
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #336
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Hello everyone! I have to apologize to everyone right off the bat....I simply cannot keep up with you all and how great you are at keeping track of all the posts and people and quoting... I read every single post and get confused with the screen name and real names.... So I'm going to hold off on all that quoting and be kinda general in my posts til I really get to know who is who and what is what! Hope that's okay with everyone! You are all too good at this!

Home from work and my shoulder is ugh...but I have ice (actually frozen "medicinal" peas....) on my neck/shoulder. And I am blissfully numb. Thanks for all your concern! It's so nice...

I love hearing all the switching and planning ..and in that spirit...I am contemplating something. When you check out of the resort on that last day, and are going to another resort hotel...can you stay on the checked out resort and enjoy it until you are ready to head to the next one? Thinking of staying at POP for a last night because we are up and out VERY early for the flight home. If I can hang out all day at AKL and then check in at the POP for the evening the night before we come home, I think I would do it! (Plus there's a big drop in the airfare if I extend it another day...) Just thinkin'
You can enjoy your resorts facilities until midnight on your departure day.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #337
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Today is a beer for dinner kind of day. DD6 was testing me big time this morning and then continued to do so when I picked her up after work. DH is working late tonight but is constantly telling me that I am not strict or tough enough with her. So, I've been on my own with discipline tonight and it's rough.

My DD9 is such a good girl and honestly rarely acts out so it's hard for me to know what to do with a child that can be so defiant....it's so frustrating. I'd say that 90% of the time, DD6 is such a sweet little girl, but that 10% is so bad it makes me forget how good she normally is...

Sorry, Mommy problems...gonna continue my dinner

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #338
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Oh...this makes me happy Mousemommy....and here I go again.........My daughter was a toughie...Hang in there!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #339
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post

The "medicinal" peas comment had me laughing out loud. Too bad, I was already in class for the night. I hope they work and you aren't sore in the morning.

About the AKL question, I would assume you could do that, but you know what they say about assuming. Hopefully, someone else will have a better answer. My DH was thinking about going to DtD before we leave on our last day, and he was thinking about leaving the minivan at the AKL, taking the bus to DtD, and then back to AKL.

Quote:
Today is a beer for dinner kind of day. DD6 was testing me big time this morning and then continued to do so when I picked her up after work. DH is working late tonight but is constantly telling me that I am not strict or tough enough with her. So, I've been on my own with discipline tonight and it's rough.

My DD9 is such a good girl and honestly rarely acts out so it's hard for me to know what to do with a child that can be so defiant....it's so frustrating. I'd say that 90% of the time, DD6 is such a sweet little girl, but that 10% is so bad it makes me forget how good she normally is...

Sorry, Mommy problems...gonna continue my dinner
I have the same issue with my DH. He thinks I'm too hard on my oldest son. It's just he's normally so good, that when he acts out, the DH thinks I go overboard.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #340
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

DH is out of town through Sunday (except for a brief overnight back at home tomorrow night), so...yoga pants, glass of wine, chick flick, and my iPad (to stay caught up of course). :-). It's gonna be a great night! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #341
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Hollywood and Vine - lunch or breakfast ADR?

Old 06-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #342
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Oh and of course to DD!!!! Hope she has a wonderful day
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
An official Happy birthday today to DD9
Quote:
Happy HAPPY Birthday to Jen's Gorgeous and Lovely 9 Year Old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Jenn..... to your DD!!!!
Quote:
Jen Happy Birthday to your DD!!!! (I've got one of those 9 year olds myself....next Disney trip, she will be a Disney adult! )
THANKS YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!! You all are the bestest.

She did have a lovely day, lots of birthday presents, sisters that were excited for her and greeted her with hugs this morning, cards from friends at school, Daddy and I took her for lunch, dinner was chinese food and ice cream cake from DQ with her Nana and Papa too. She was grateful and happy. She then spent the night cheering on her sister at soccer. A wonderful day.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #343
babyberger
DIS Veteran

SueM's Sophie

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #344
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Another warm and fuzzy simultaneous post coming up

We're still on vacation so I'm not thread current, but had to post about what I've been up to on vacation.

Ginny, where are you when I need you?! DH has had me calling WDTC daily trying to get CL. I usually never call from my iPhone and must have been in vacation mode when I accidentally dialed 1-800 instead of 1-407 and ended up on some adult chat line. After calling daily, I did get CL just now for WL, which probably won't surprise any of you that I changed to Old Faithful.

We have an "ADR" here soon at the marina so I have to run. Happy hour is calling
congrats on Old Faithful!! Yay

Miss yeah, I guess close to bus, but isn't the parking lot there too haven't a clue as we only stayed at Pop one night a few years ago Pre WL pkg. we got in at midnight, and left for WL check in after we woke up. So didn't get to see much of the resort.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #345
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
SueM's Sophie

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
She is precious!! Is she a cockapoo??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: