Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #3391
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
False alarm....Systems all a go at GF....I was getting a little cheap in my head

I've got a good deal, I've got a good deal...I have to keep repeating this. It's only $190 more than our 10 nights at YC!!! I've got a good deal....
You do have a very good deal! As you and I have said, we never know when they are going to end (or really limit) the very helpful mil offer. Might as well enjoy GF!!

And since you'll be in the neighborhood, would you have a scone with jam and devonshire cream for me?

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #3392
dimndgal1
One little spark...

YAY to everyone who was able to get back to work and those who won't have to wait for delayed funds!!!

Quote:
False alarm....Systems all a go at GF....I was getting a little cheap in my head

I've got a good deal, I've got a good deal...I have to keep repeating this. It's only $190 more than our 10 nights at YC!!! I've got a good deal....
It's so funny you posted that!!! I had just seen that CBR is likely going to be refurbed next spring/summer and thinking "hmmmm, 3 beds at a Moderate... good value!"

BUT, with all the WL lovers in here (thanks to EVERYONE for the affirmations), I'm telling myself that the proximity to MK, food options, and DELUXE-ness is worth the extra expense. And that the rate can't be beat!... right?

(as a side note, as of tomorrow I will have had the same reservation for a while week! My record since making it 4 months ago is 10 days!)
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #3393
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

On a scale from 1-10, how bad is it that I'm leaving in 3 days for our (first EVER, no kids) trip and I'm obsessing over where to stay next August ? My youngest wants the Poly soooo bad and while everyone initially agreed reno's wouldn't be an issue, now that there is more talk that the pool and GCH might be out of commission, they're not so sure - well, everyone but youngest - she says she still doesn't care . I've thought, ok, we'll split the stay since we now have A/P's....well, she now says if it's split, she still wants the Poly, then AKL as her second choice. Well, mama is saying if we split, I want to try another new resort and would consider Poly and CR - DH is on board, but girls don't care for the theme of CR....UGH!!!! What am I going to do
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #3394
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Just want to give a shout out to all of those who were affected by the shutdown.

I'm so happy for all of you
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #3395
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

So there are already change of plans for the wedding. Due to a couple of Jewish holidays happening the weekend of and after my current wedding and Disneymoon dates, I need to make some changes. What is the middle of October like weather wise and crowd wise? I was really hoping to do the last weekend of September/first weekend of October because it seemed like it would be a really low crowd time plus the weather might not be as hot, but this totally ruins my plans. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #3396
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
So there are already change of plans for the wedding. Due to a couple of Jewish holidays happening the weekend of and after my current wedding and Disneymoon dates, I need to make some changes. What is the middle of October like weather wise and crowd wise? I was really hoping to do the last weekend of September/first weekend of October because it seemed like it would be a really low crowd time plus the weather might not be as hot, but this totally ruins my plans. Any help would be appreciated!
Honestly it is still hot right now. We were in WDW 2 weeks ago and it was brutal. Right now we are still in the high 80's. End of Sept is still very hot and humid and very much hurricane season. The later into the year you can wait the better. Crowd levels seem to be on the rise and of course F&W doesn't help. But generally Oct, besides Columbus Day weekend isn't too bad. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest

Last edited by babyberger; 10-18-2013 at 07:22 AM.
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #3397
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Hannah I'm thinking about late October myself for next year. I've read the humidity usually starts to drop mid-October of course Melissa just said about it still being hot and it's the 18th but that is Florida.

Sorry your having to change your plans but going a bit later if it is cooler will be better plus you can still do MNSSHP, and F&W

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #3398
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Honestly it is still hot right now. We were in WDW 2 weeks ago and it was brutal. Right now we are still in the high 80's. End of Sept is still very hot and humid and very much hurricane season. The later into the year you can wait the better. Crowd levels seem to be on the rise and of course F&W doesn't help. But generally Oct, besides Columbus Day weekend isn't too bad. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Was the week I was there an anomoly? I didn't find it to be humid (except in the mornings, but that burned off) at all, it was gorgeous weather the entire time I was there!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #3399
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Yep! We were saying how much nicer the weekend we saw you was then when we went back the following weekend. The humidity is starting to level off, but the heat is still brutal. I just looked, 90 all week And the end of Sept is usually when we see our major hurricanes and really heavy rains.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #3400
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Old 10-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #3401
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Well, helllooooooo Stranger!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #3402
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Yep! We were saying how much nicer the weekend we saw you was then when we went back the following weekend. The humidity is starting to level off, but the heat is still brutal. I just looked, 90 all week And the end of Sept is usually when we see our major hurricanes and really heavy rains.

I hope it cools down a bit in 2 weeks when I'm there or I will be spending a lot of time at the resort instead of the parks.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #3403
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Was the week I was there an anomoly? I didn't find it to be humid (except in the mornings, but that burned off) at all, it was gorgeous weather the entire time I was there!
Quote:

Candace - you lucked out! We were there right after you and it was miserably humid. We had fun but it was HOT!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #3404
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Candace - you lucked out! We were there right after you and it was miserably humid. We had fun but it was HOT!
I was expecting hot and humid and was pleasantly surprised! This was my 3rd Sept trip and I remember the other ones being quite "Florida Summery".

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #3405
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I hope it cools down a bit in 2 weeks when I'm there or I will be spending a lot of time at the resort instead of the parks.
2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be perfect Sheila We had the most perfect Halloween weather when we were there

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Hi Deena Miss you!!! How's things???

Quote:
It'll be great Hannah!! Still low crowds and the weather will probably be BETTER like Melissa said

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
On a scale from 1-10, how bad is it that I'm leaving in 3 days for our (first EVER, no kids) trip and I'm obsessing over where to stay next August ? My youngest wants the Poly soooo bad and while everyone initially agreed reno's wouldn't be an issue, now that there is more talk that the pool and GCH might be out of commission, they're not so sure - well, everyone but youngest - she says she still doesn't care . I've thought, ok, we'll split the stay since we now have A/P's....well, she now says if it's split, she still wants the Poly, then AKL as her second choice. Well, mama is saying if we split, I want to try another new resort and would consider Poly and CR - DH is on board, but girls don't care for the theme of CR....UGH!!!! What am I going to do
We were also going to go in August, or June...sometime in summer...we have WL booked. Poly was definitely in the radar until the construction. We are going in 2 months to Poly, before the major changes. I LOVE AKL, and the pool was great. CR is nice, but doesn't "WOW" me. BLT however, I like...go figure. We would love to help and enable all of your decisions AND changes

Safe travels, you will love adults only F&W time
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
BUT, with all the WL lovers in here (thanks to EVERYONE for the affirmations), I'm telling myself that the proximity to MK, food options, and DELUXE-ness is worth the extra expense. And that the rate can't be beat!... right? (as a side note, as of tomorrow I will have had the same reservation for a while week! My record since making it 4 months ago is 10 days!)
It really is an amazing resort!!! And happy 1 week (you haven't changed yet, right)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
You do have a very good deal! As you and I have said, we never know when they are going to end (or really limit) the very helpful mil offer. Might as well enjoy GF!!

And since you'll be in the neighborhood, would you have a scone with jam and devonshire cream for me?
YUMMMY Hmmmmm, can Sugarloaf handle BOTH me and Candace

Quote:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: