Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #3301
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Ca friends.

For the 3rd weekend in a row dh on a plane to fla to see his dad

I am so glad we canceled our anniversary trip in May and visited him instead.

Looks like they are taking him off the ventilator and he not strong enough to make it. He had open heart surgery in August but his COPD not cooperating. He is not aware of his surroundings anymore and down to 100 lbs(or less). My ds ran great today (XC) and was 1st for the Jv team. (He said for grampa).
My dh got to see that then headed for airport. It is just frustrating knowing he and mil there in fla with our family is all up here in NY.

I am usually packed by now for my upcoming trip but it is hard to feel happy knowing others in pain.

So my disney pen pals thanks for being there.

Ds has actually invited some kids over(first boy/girl get together) and I made brownies and have popcorn and drinks ready for scary movie night.

You know, do what we do best,(like you) be a great mom. That's something we can at least control.
So sorry to hear about your fil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Big hugs Dani and Melissa! We know you are amazing parents, so sorry that the GAC changes will affect you and your little ones! Everyone deserves to enjoy Disney in a safe, fun and accessible manner, and whatever way makes it the best experience for the whole family is what should be encouraged! Hoping Disney realizes this and works with families needs! Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends ( big hug from Alberta to Sue and Jenny!) I'm having our dinner tomorrow, Monday is Josh's girlfriends 18th bday, we are taking her to the VIP 18+ theatre to see Captain Phillips (hope it's good, I love Tom Hanks, so it's the only reason I'm going!) we will get her her First Legal drink for the movie

I am so excited for our trip -- only 53 days to go!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks Marie. My DH is out of town, so my daughters & I were adopted for turkey dinner yesterday (Sunday) by family friends. Today I'm just being lazy, so far! Enjoying the day off work! But I have to start putting the house back to rights now that reno is finally finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thank you to all the RCers that have wished us Canadians a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! It means a lot! I am thankful for all of you!!

Marie and Sue, Hope you are having a lovely weekend with your families!

Jen
hope you're enjoying the weekend too!!

And thanks to all RCers who wished us a Happy Thanksgiving!!

just switched to stay play dine officially. Holding firm with POFQ! 10 nights Jan 29 - Feb 8.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #3302
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I got that newsletter too Candace, I was gonna buy UNTIL I saw the price for the framing, etc....

back atya girl!!! I HAVE to bring the kiddos back there, I also have NEVER heard of it! Thank you!!!

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving...sorry I missed it, I worked a 44 hr. weekend..and it was busy

We are thankful for you too Jen

to our happy family!! Glad you found us!

My suggestion would be WL, and for some summer discounts...then maybe BC would be doable (with a daybed request so all could have their own bed)
Sorry, I mean AWESOME change

NO WAY Although, Sugarloaf rocks...IDK about a final change for Candace...she is as bad as me in a good way of course

This is GREAT news!!! And princess dresses rock
SO addictive!!!

Thanks BFF, welcome back, you were missed! One more final this week, I have lost 3 lbs. this week...life is good today
Jeanette Ha I ran to one share too, I always intended to buy those as gifts for the boys and then never got around to it but as I was about to check out I decided it was just crazy to spend all that $ for something worth less than $70.

I need to down size so bad as it is but I hate parting with my possessions I've collected over the years but with no one to leave anything to I need to start ebaying soon instead of buying more stuff.

So it seems my Jason's wife moved back to NY 2 weeks ago, read it on FB as I haven't talked to her since Feb.

My other Ddil seems to have found religion quite the shock since she refused to have a priest at Shawn's wake. Read this on FB too

I am feeling quite bitter today and really needed to vent, thanks for listening

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #3303
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Sjs
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #3304
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette Ha I ran to one share too, I always intended to buy those as gifts for the boys and then never got around to it but as I was about to check out I decided it was just crazy to spend all that $ for something worth less than $70.

I need to down size so bad as it is but I hate parting with my possessions I've collected over the years but with no one to leave anything to I need to start ebaying soon instead of buying more stuff.

So it seems my Jason's wife moved back to NY 2 weeks ago, read it on FB as I haven't talked to her since Feb.

My other Ddil seems to have found religion quite the shock since she refused to have a priest at Shawn's wake. Read this on FB too

It stinks that you're always finding this stuff out on FB.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #3305
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Big Hugs Sheila, I am glad I don't have FB some days.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #3306
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving belated to my Canadian friends!

Trish - so very sorry about your FIL.

Candace - great change! We were in GF for our spa appointments last week - it's really beautiful!

I was thinking of getting one share each of the Disney stock for my kids but maybe I don't want to if the framing, etc. is so high priced. I never clicked through the link to get all the details.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #3307
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ugh, yeah, the framing costs, etc....were up there. But, DH was really excited about it. Every time we go down there, he says "We need to buy stock in this place".

We only bought 1 solitary share, but it's our little peice of the magic.
I just wish they sold the certificate without the bells and whistles...BTW say hi to k&a&c'smom on the GF thread...can't visit as I might want to ch-ch-change

Quote:
Thanks everyone. Been a rough day with dh with his family in fla and dd not home either.

Thanks again for the good thoughts and prayers. It has helped.
more hugs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So my parents are thinking of taking a trip down to Disney in January or February and camping at Fort Wilderness. I wonder if I could talk DH into letting me take the kids for a long weekend or something...LOL. Who am I kidding...
Always a possibility Krystal, DH told the kids Santa would only bring one gift since Mommy booked the Poly...they said fine love my babies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
just switched to stay play dine officially. Holding firm with POFQ! 10 nights Jan 29 - Feb 8.

Quote:

Because I can...I'd like to say...I don't like your DILs at all! And I would be proud to have you as my Mom (although you have to share me with Mama Linda) ...I might wanna move you down here so we could have coffee and chat every day...I will send someone to look after Bob

Quote:
Me too Jen

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #3308
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sheila you will know the right time to let go of some possessions while keeping the most cherished... and you can always vent here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Enjoying the day off work! But I have to start putting the house back to rights now that reno is finally finished!
And thanks to all RCers who wished us a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sue, for reno work done!! Now the fun stuff, rearranging and putting stuff back (and maybe adding some new stuff to go with the redo??)

Congrats on switching to the Play/stay/dine deal! FQ will rock!

Make sure to time some "me" time today on your day off!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #3309
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
jenny some days I feel like closing it down

Quote:
I just wish they sold the certificate without the bells and whistles...BTW say hi to k&a&c'smom on the GF thread...can't visit as I might want to ch-ch-change

more hugs!!

Always a possibility Krystal, DH told the kids Santa would only bring one gift since Mommy booked the Poly...they said fine love my babies!!!

Because I can...I'd like to say...I don't like your DILs at all! And I would be proud to have you as my Mom (although you have to share me with Mama Linda) ...I might wanna move you down here so we could have coffee and chat every day...I will send someone to look after Bob

Me too Jen
Jeanette I don't like them much today either. I wish I could come visit too. Bob has his Mom to take care of him

Quote:
It stinks that you're always finding this stuff out on FB.
Candace if either of them would just pick up a darn phone, but one never answers her phone and seems to only text which drives me bonkers and the other changes phone numbers a lot so I have to wait to hear from her or read FB

Back to ADR tweeking or attempt to anyway

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 10-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #3310
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
: Because I can...I'd like to say...I don't like your DILs at all! And I would be proud to have you as my Mom (although you have to share me with Mama Linda) ...I might wanna move you down here so we could have coffee and chat every day...I will send someone to look after Bob
Pas, I second everything you wrote....

Sheila, you move down to Pas land, then it will be easier for me to have DIS meets with you heck you, me, Dani, Pas and maybe Jen?... Bob will won't know what hit him

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #3311
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
jenny some days I feel like closing it down

Jeanette I don't like them much today either. I wish I could come visit too. Bob has his Mom to take care of him

Candace if either of them would just pick up a darn phone, but one never answers her phone and seems to only text which drives me bonkers and the other changes phone numbers a lot so I have to wait to hear from her or read FB

Back to ADR tweeking or attempt to anyway
Thank goodness your trip is soooo soon. You need it!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 10-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #3312
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
FIL passed away last night. DD having hard time at college. Luckily her friends from home were there for a visit when I told her. (Their first visit , I got lucky that they there)

ds says he wants to do movie night very week. I guess with sis not home he feels like entertaining.

need more coffee ,so morning to everyone. Have a good Monday.
I am so sorry for the loss of your fil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So my parents are thinking of taking a trip down to Disney in January or February and camping at Fort Wilderness. I wonder if I could talk DH into letting me take the kids for a long weekend or something...LOL. Who am I kidding...
You never know. I never thought my DH would let me go off on a girl's only trip, and he is.

Quote:

Not much going on here. Just between football and my gaming schedule, I haven't made it over to the DIS in a while. The DH actually called me at work the other day and had been looking at homes to rent. Now I just need for my friend's HOA to not shut her down. Turns out that the HOA agreement she signed had a "no in home business" clause in it and one in home day care in her sub-division has already been shut down.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #3313
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

OMG. I was just on our laptop, going through all of our Disney pictures. Looking back at the girls' 1st trip in 2009 (when they were 3 and 5) through now...my kids are truly growing up in Disney...my dream come true. I can't believe how much they've changed.

I especially love the pics of them we take every year on the staircase at GF....brought me to tears...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #3314
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Sending big hugs to Trisha and Sheila
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #3315
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas, I second everything you wrote....

Sheila, you move down to Pas land, then it will be easier for me to have DIS meets with you heck you, me, Dani, Pas and maybe Jen?... Bob will won't know what hit him
Janet

Quote:
Thank goodness your trip is soooo soon. You need it!
Candace I sure do need to get away so I am praying Congress ends the Government Shutdown or we might have to postpone until March or next November if we don't get our retirement benefits come Nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I am so sorry for the loss of your fil.

You never know. I never thought my DH would let me go off on a girl's only trip, and he is.

Not much going on here. Just between football and my gaming schedule, I haven't made it over to the DIS in a while. The DH actually called me at work the other day and had been looking at homes to rent. Now I just need for my friend's HOA to not shut her down. Turns out that the HOA agreement she signed had a "no in home business" clause in it and one in home day care in her sub-division has already been shut down.
wookie I hope your friends daycare does not get shut down

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: