Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #3286
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Trish: So sorry to read the news about your FIL Hopefully your FIL gets some strength havng your DH with him.

So how was the social get together? btw congrats to your DS.
FIL passed away last night. DD having hard time at college. Luckily her friends from home were there for a visit when I told her. (Their first visit , I got lucky that they there)

ds says he wants to do movie night very week. I guess with sis not home he feels like entertaining.

need more coffee ,so morning to everyone. Have a good Monday.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #3287
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
FIL passed away last night. DD having hard time at college. Luckily her friends from home were there for a visit when I told her. (Their first visit , I got lucky that they there)

ds says he wants to do movie night very week. I guess with sis not home he feels like entertaining.

So sorry to hear this, thinking of all your family Trish.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #3288
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your FIL.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #3289
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
FIL passed away last night. DD having hard time at college. Luckily her friends from home were there for a visit when I told her. (Their first visit , I got lucky that they there) ds says he wants to do movie night very week. I guess with sis not home he feels like entertaining. need more coffee ,so morning to everyone. Have a good Monday.
I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. My heart and thoughts go out to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #3290
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:

So sorry to hear about your loss and wishing all the best to your family

'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #3291
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi! if you do ever try CL, be very careful! It is quite addictive, especially for a few of our DH's!
Would LOVE for DH to get addicted!!! I get a rush just from seeing the signs welcoming you to property!

Quote:
Welcome dimndga!! Sounds like you belong here Congrats on your newest little princess!
Many thanks!!! Very excited to get her immersed in the Disney experience. Older DD had the fortune of going to DL at 17 months, youngest will be 15 months. Such fun to see it from their eyes! Just have to figure out where those eyes need to get their princess sleep!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #3292
pas130
DIS Veteran

Trish I am very sorry to hear of your family's loss
Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #3293
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
FIL passed away last night. DD having hard time at college. Luckily her friends from home were there for a visit when I told her. (Their first visit , I got lucky that they there) ;
Trish, so very sorry…my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It must have been so difficult to tell DD in a phone call. It’s a blessing her friends happened to be visiting at this time.

Quote:

DS seems to be branching out and charting his own path which is good! I see these changes in my DD as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Many thanks!!! Very excited to get her immersed in the Disney experience. Older DD had the fortune of going to DL at 17 months, youngest will be 15 months. Such fun to see it from their eyes! Just have to figure out where those eyes need to get their princess sleep!
It will be such fun experiencing Disney thru your two young princesses eyes. Those memories will be priceless.

You mentioned POR in the mix It's a beautiful resort!! I've stayed there twice and wouldn't hesitate to do so again (heck I am staying there in December!! .

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #3294
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Trish, so very sorry…my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It must have been so difficult to tell DD in a phone call. It’s a blessing her friends happened to be visiting at this time.

DS seems to be branching out and charting his own path which is good! I see these changes in my DD as well.

It will be such fun experiencing Disney thru your two young princesses eyes. Those memories will be priceless.

You mentioned POR in the mix It's a beautiful resort!! I've stayed there twice and wouldn't hesitate to do so again (heck I am staying there in December!! .
Hey Janet!

I noted that my dates are a little off on page one. I am there 8/16/14 - 8/26/14.

I am going to try my darndest to make sure this is the last change...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #3295
pas130
DIS Veteran

No resort changes to report here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I know that this is super dorky, but DH and I are so excited! We just bought some Disney stock!!!
I got that newsletter too Candace, I was gonna buy UNTIL I saw the price for the framing, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Thanks lacey The hedge maze is back around the gazebo where the bands play in the UK. It's just a cute little English hedge garden where kids can burn off steam if need be (if no band is playing!)

for HRH and her wonderful momma.
back atya girl!!! I HAVE to bring the kiddos back there, I also have NEVER heard of it! Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Pas

It's our Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend, so Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian RCers
Happy (belated) Thanksgiving...sorry I missed it, I worked a 44 hr. weekend..and it was busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
I am so excited for our trip -- only 53 days to go!

Quote:
Thank you to all the RCers that have wished us Canadians a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! It means a lot! I am thankful for all of you!!
We are thankful for you too Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Aloha!!!

I am currently working on planning our Sept 2014 trip and have probably got a note on my reservation saying "can't make up her mind!" I started at WL in a SV room, then in a wild whim moved to CR Garden Wing for a brief stay, until planting at BC PV. Our biggest criteria was wanting to be close to a park and have 3 beds (we have a family friend coming and would love for her to have her own space rather than share with DD)

After running numbers and discussing with DH, we are now back at WL but with bunk beds. I keep second-guessing myself (mostly about if we should try to save $$$ or enjoy the luxury). The move from CR to BC to WL has been dropping the price bit by bit.

And, of course, all this might become moot if I can swing FD at POR next summer! AHHH! I'm going room crazy!
to our happy family!! Glad you found us!

My suggestion would be WL, and for some summer discounts...then maybe BC would be doable (with a daybed request so all could have their own bed)
Quote:
I just switched our 10 nights to CL at GF!! Our last two trips were WL CL and YC CL...I'm running out of ways to step it up. luckily, our military discount makes these trips more "affordable"
Sorry, I mean AWESOME change

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Candace out with the generic ticker, could this possibly be the final change?
NO WAY Although, Sugarloaf rocks...IDK about a final change for Candace...she is as bad as me in a good way of course

Quote:
Thanks guys!!! Woooohooooo!!! I'm so glad DD9 "came out" with her actual love of the GF...because I honestly feel like it's the best option since we can't do Poly. And DH will do whatever his girls want, he's outnumbered in this house.

DD6 just said she needs to be able to wear a princess dress everyday while there.
This is GREAT news!!! And princess dresses rock
Quote:
Hi! if you do ever try CL, be very careful! It is quite addictive, especially for a few of our DH's!
SO addictive!!!

Quote:
Pas, This is for Maddie A big to HRH and our Queen.
Thanks BFF, welcome back, you were missed! One more final this week, I have lost 3 lbs. this week...life is good today
Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #3296
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Trish So very sorry to hear of your loss, keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #3297
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I got that newsletter too Candace, I was gonna buy UNTIL I saw the price for the framing, etc....

back atya girl!!! I HAVE to bring the kiddos back there, I also have NEVER heard of it! Thank you!!!

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving...sorry I missed it, I worked a 44 hr. weekend..and it was busy

We are thankful for you too Jen

to our happy family!! Glad you found us!

My suggestion would be WL, and for some summer discounts...then maybe BC would be doable (with a daybed request so all could have their own bed)
Sorry, I mean AWESOME change

NO WAY Although, Sugarloaf rocks...IDK about a final change for Candace...she is as bad as me in a good way of course

This is GREAT news!!! And princess dresses rock
SO addictive!!!

Thanks BFF, welcome back, you were missed! One more final this week, I have lost 3 lbs. this week...life is good today
Ugh, yeah, the framing costs, etc....were up there. But, DH was really excited about it. Every time we go down there, he says "We need to buy stock in this place".

We only bought 1 solitary share, but it's our little peice of the magic.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #3298
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. Been a rough day with dh with his family in fla and dd not home either.

Thanks again for the good thoughts and prayers. It has helped.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #3299
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
FIL passed away last night. DD having hard time at college. Luckily her friends from home were there for a visit when I told her. (Their first visit , I got lucky that they there) ds says he wants to do movie night very week. I guess with sis not home he feels like entertaining. need more coffee ,so morning to everyone. Have a good Monday.
So sorry to hear that... *hugs*

Thoughts and prayers with you and DH's families
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #3300
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So my parents are thinking of taking a trip down to Disney in January or February and camping at Fort Wilderness. I wonder if I could talk DH into letting me take the kids for a long weekend or something...LOL. Who am I kidding...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: