Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #3211
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Okay I officially have something in my eye. Just wanted to share what another mom wrote on a TR I am following, makes you realize what's important. I will post a link but here is a quote from her that made me cry.

"BUT. Bottom line is that we discussed it and it's really important to our family to finish our trip. Those 12 days we spend in September at Disney aren't just 12 days at some amusement park. Those days are the days where the 5 of us remember why we love each other so gosh darn much. (At home sometimes it's easier to forget) They are the days where we all smile till our face hurts and we put away our laptops and email. We eat too much ice cream and then eat some more. It's where we take all of the pictures that we will pull out someday and look at and be so glad we took them.

It's where Daddy takes his little girls out to dinner in a castle and where the boy and I go on dates and share a sundae and a movie on the beach. It's where the girls and I will have Afternoon Tea in our best clothes, while the boys eat chili dogs. It's where I don't have anything to do BUT listen and talk and enjoy. It's the place where I'm the mom I want to be all the time, but sometimes the stress of life gets in the way.

It's the place that we are a family the best. "
.


Here is a link...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175495
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #3212
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Okay I officially have something in my eye. Just wanted to share what another mom wrote on a TR I am following, makes you realize what's important. I will post a link but here is a quote from her that made me cry. "BUT. Bottom line is that we discussed it and it's really important to our family to finish our trip. Those 12 days we spend in September at Disney aren't just 12 days at some amusement park. Those days are the days where the 5 of us remember why we love each other so gosh darn much. (At home sometimes it's easier to forget) They are the days where we all smile till our face hurts and we put away our laptops and email. We eat too much ice cream and then eat some more. It's where we take all of the pictures that we will pull out someday and look at and be so glad we took them. It's where Daddy takes his little girls out to dinner in a castle and where the boy and I go on dates and share a sundae and a movie on the beach. It's where the girls and I will have Afternoon Tea in our best clothes, while the boys eat chili dogs. It's where I don't have anything to do BUT listen and talk and enjoy. It's the place where I'm the mom I want to be all the time, but sometimes the stress of life gets in the way. It's the place that we are a family the best. " . Here is a link... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175495
Love it!
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #3213
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

It is 12:22am, and I am still awake. Why? Jen's link! Had to read it through. I have said it before and I say it again, you never know what tomorrow will bring. That mom was strong just like all of us would have been. I know I have laid with my own kids in hospital beds, and somehow we hold it together the best we can, even when we want to cry and scream.

HUGS
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #3214
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Popping in for a 'good night' to my favorite gals. Proper reply tomorrow when I can keep my eyes open.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #3215
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Okay I officially have something in my eye. Just wanted to share what another mom wrote on a TR I am following, makes you realize what's important. I will post a link but here is a quote from her that made me cry.

"BUT. Bottom line is that we discussed it and it's really important to our family to finish our trip. Those 12 days we spend in September at Disney aren't just 12 days at some amusement park. Those days are the days where the 5 of us remember why we love each other so gosh darn much. (At home sometimes it's easier to forget) They are the days where we all smile till our face hurts and we put away our laptops and email. We eat too much ice cream and then eat some more. It's where we take all of the pictures that we will pull out someday and look at and be so glad we took them.

It's where Daddy takes his little girls out to dinner in a castle and where the boy and I go on dates and share a sundae and a movie on the beach. It's where the girls and I will have Afternoon Tea in our best clothes, while the boys eat chili dogs. It's where I don't have anything to do BUT listen and talk and enjoy. It's the place where I'm the mom I want to be all the time, but sometimes the stress of life gets in the way.

It's the place that we are a family the best. "
.


Here is a link...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175495
Jen that is it. That mom put it so well. I even just had DH read it, and I could see in his face, he got it too.

Now, to go get that object out of my eye.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #3216
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Okay I officially have something in my eye. Just wanted to share what another mom wrote on a TR I am following, makes you realize what's important. I will post a link but here is a quote from her that made me cry.

"BUT. Bottom line is that we discussed it and it's really important to our family to finish our trip. Those 12 days we spend in September at Disney aren't just 12 days at some amusement park. Those days are the days where the 5 of us remember why we love each other so gosh darn much. (At home sometimes it's easier to forget) They are the days where we all smile till our face hurts and we put away our laptops and email. We eat too much ice cream and then eat some more. It's where we take all of the pictures that we will pull out someday and look at and be so glad we took them.

It's where Daddy takes his little girls out to dinner in a castle and where the boy and I go on dates and share a sundae and a movie on the beach. It's where the girls and I will have Afternoon Tea in our best clothes, while the boys eat chili dogs. It's where I don't have anything to do BUT listen and talk and enjoy. It's the place where I'm the mom I want to be all the time, but sometimes the stress of life gets in the way.

It's the place that we are a family the best. "
.


Here is a link...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175495
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
It is 12:22am, and I am still awake. Why? Jen's link! Had to read it through. I have said it before and I say it again, you never know what tomorrow will bring. That mom was strong just like all of us would have been. I know I have laid with my own kids in hospital beds, and somehow we hold it together the best we can, even when we want to cry and scream.

HUGS
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
My heart was breaking for that family as I read the posts and could not stop reading until her DD was feeling better after the op and eating again. Like Melissa said you just never know what tomorrow holds for each and every one of us.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #3217
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
candace: That project of your girls sounds so like mine !! So funny, let them loose on resorts and we're all in trouble!!

Melissa: Hugs for all of you!

Jeanette: Hi!! I hope you are not working yourself too hard these days. I over did it today at work, working my buns off lately. DH freaked me out tonight too, he mentions something about going over budget at work, then asks how much savings we have in case he loses his job!!! Oh its a joke apparently, not funny to me.

Dani: When else are you thinking if not Easter???

Erica: How's your little button doing in school these days?? Miss talking to you.

Sheila: LOVE your Magic bands!! Now I am thinking I should've gotten pink...

Waving hi to everyone else....very boring here. DD9 needs another x-ray to check on her foot, DD7 needs allergy testing done, her eczema is atrocious, and DD4 is a little cheeky monkey as usual. DH is sucky, and I am TIRED!!

Much love

Jen
Still the Spring. I want to hit F&G, but I don't want to pay Easter prices. I didn't know this until Melissa pointed it out to me, but Easter is MORE EXPENSIVE than Christmas/New Years!
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #3218
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Love it!
I know what a story. That mom just really inspired me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
It is 12:22am, and I am still awake. Why? Jen's link! Had to read it through. I have said it before and I say it again, you never know what tomorrow will bring. That mom was strong just like all of us would have been. I know I have laid with my own kids in hospital beds, and somehow we hold it together the best we can, even when we want to cry and scream.

HUGS
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Sorry for keeping you up! I have this need to share my emotional moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Popping in for a 'good night' to my favorite gals. Proper reply tomorrow when I can keep my eyes open.
Hi Erica!! Hope you got a good nights sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Jen that is it. That mom put it so well. I even just had DH read it, and I could see in his face, he got it too.

Now, to go get that object out of my eye.
I really do want to carry that in my pocket and pull it out when needed. Not kidding, there are sooo many people who always feel the need to question us about our vacations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
My heart was breaking for that family as I read the posts and could not stop reading until her DD was feeling better after the op and eating again. Like Melissa said you just never know what tomorrow holds for each and every one of us.

So true Sheila.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Still the Spring. I want to hit F&G, but I don't want to pay Easter prices. I didn't know this until Melissa pointed it out to me, but Easter is MORE EXPENSIVE than Christmas/New Years!
Wow, more expensive then Christmas? F&G was great, I really loved everything about it. How are the kiddos??
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #3219
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,211

My family has spoken...we have all reviewed and contributed to the spreadsheet. We slept on it, so as not to be hasty.

We have decided....BEACH CLUB!!!

And, we added another night, as everyone wants our standard 10 nights!

I called this morning and made the change to 10 nights BC GV CL, 8/16/14 - 8/26/14!!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #3220
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
My family has spoken...we have all reviewed and contributed to the spreadsheet. We slept on it, so as not to be hasty.

We have decided....BEACH CLUB!!!

And, we added another night, as everyone wants our standard 10 nights!

I called this morning and made the change to 10 nights BC GV CL, 8/16/14 - 8/26/14!!!!
We really loved it there.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #3221
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
We really loved it there.
I am happy.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #3222
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Still the Spring. I want to hit F&G, but I don't want to pay Easter prices. I didn't know this until Melissa pointed it out to me, but Easter is MORE EXPENSIVE than Christmas/New Years!

Dani I want to go back for F&G too but it is expensive and If we go the first week in March again we get 2 maybe 3 days of F&G and no concerts if we do a Sun-Fri trip, but to go any later the room rates go way up $$$ one reason I will never go for my birthday on March 14th

Funny we use to go every Easter and paid rack rate without blinking an eye sometimes being retired sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
My family has spoken...we have all reviewed and contributed to the spreadsheet. We slept on it, so as not to be hasty.

We have decided....BEACH CLUB!!!

And, we added another night, as everyone wants our standard 10 nights!

I called this morning and made the change to 10 nights BC GV CL, 8/16/14 - 8/26/14!!!!
Candace AKL did not last long What tipped the scales in favor of BC ? SAB? Curious Minds (mine) want to know
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #3223
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Dani I want to go back for F&G too but it is expensive and If we go the first week in March again we get 2 maybe 3 days of F&G and no concerts if we do a Sun-Fri trip, but to go any later the room rates go way up $$$ one reason I will never go for my birthday on March 14th

Funny we use to go every Easter and paid rack rate without blinking an eye sometimes being retired sucks



Candace AKL did not last long What tipped the scales in favor of BC ? SAB? Curious Minds (mine) want to know
The biggest factors (according to the spreadsheet) were:

Walkability to the parks
Storm-a-long Bay
A lounge that is accessible 24 hours a day
Room size
*Not being fancy
and
*being able to have balloons in the room...

What's funny is that this 10 night trip in a GV CL room is almost $600 less than our 10 night room in the SV CL room at YC (although, we were magically upgraded to lagoon view)


also, its very likely we will have a brand new room and lounge to enjoy!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #3224
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
The biggest factors (according to the spreadsheet) were:

Walkability to the parks
Storm-a-long Bay
A lounge that is accessible 24 hours a day
Room size
*Not being fancy
and
*being able to have balloons in the room...

What's funny is that this 10 night trip in a GV CL room is almost $600 less than our 10 night room in the SV CL room at YC (although, we were magically upgraded to lagoon view)


also, its very likely we will have a brand new room and lounge to enjoy!!!

Candace all great reasons especially being able to walk to the parks

I will be interested to see your thoughts on BC. While we stayed at YC and loved it, we found SAB too crowded and loud and that trip included my boys.

BC seems to be a resort you either love or hate so while I have booked both BC and the Villas I always end up switching
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #3225
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Candace all great reasons especially being able to walk to the parks

I will be interested to see your thoughts on BC. While we stayed at YC and loved it, we found SAB too crowded and loud and that trip included my boys.

BC seems to be a resort you either love or hate so while I have booked both BC and the Villas I always end up switching
We loved YC, so I'm thinking BC should be just fine.

My kids LOVED SAB.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: