Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #271
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Miss -- I am holding steady with CBR. I got a few Jake and the Neverland Pirates things for the kiddos and saw an adorable pirate Mickey and Minnie that I am trying not to buy as well. ;-) DD wore her pirate mickey and Minnie outfit to school today and it's just so cute to hear her say "Yo Yo Pirates!" Hehehe. :-). They still don't know!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #272
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

We finally made it back.....

The trip was wonderful and very relaxing....weather couldn't have been more perfect. Of course we made 100s of pictures no shock there. Spent most of our time in bathing suits by the pool/beach. Rented a golf cart one day and rode around Isla Mujeres...very cool. Did the dolphin swim which the kids loved....boys did some tarpon fishing in the lagoons (with huge crocodiles...which made me very nervous!) And enjoyed a plethora of fruity drinks

Spent yesterday washing clothes and unpacking. Have lots of catching up to do on the Boards since I only pulled my computer out twice while on vacation.

Now back to reading....
Heather
I'm glad y'all bad it home safely and you had such a wonderful time. I can't wait to see more pictures!! What was the name of the resorts you stayed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wookie: I saw that about Star Wars land too! 2018 is so far off though!
It is, but then again it's a closer date than 2075 (which would be the year of our 80th wedding anniversary if we live that long). Plus it gives us several year to explore other places in the US. As far as vacations together, the DH and I have only been to San Antonio, WDW, Carlsbad Caverns, and Vegas (other than visits to family). I would really love to visit all 50 states together.

Quote:
Well, not too much going on over here. Have to do some major last minute running around today for DD8 (soon to be 9 ) birthday tomorrow! I can't believe it, not that she is nine but that I am not finished shopping for her!! She didn't want a big party this year, just her BFF sleeping over on Friday and a BBQ. I must say I like that. I am sort of over the big parties.

Also have to get new tires on our van, my parents are coming over so hopefully I can convince my Mom to chauffeur me around to get more presents!

Have a great day everyone!

Jen
I hope the sleepover goes well.

Hopefully the tires won't be too expensive. I don't know what kind of van you have, but I have a Chrysler Town & Country minivan and those things have truck tires. Which means, when I have to get some this Summer they will be more expensive than car tires. I'm hoping that we can get away with only having to get 2 new tires and the front brakes done before our September trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
First time poster on this board

You can see my by sig that we have had many trips to WDW. Our next trip is just DH and me, mid September for 5 nights, with FD. We were going to go on a couples retreat with our church in the fall, but when FD came out, we said, hey, we can go to WDW for not a lot more, so that was the plan. Stay at the POP, which we truly do love. However we love the water taxi and have looked into staying at Riverside. There is nothing available, and I have been looking for awhile. The theme at French Quarter isn't really for us. However Coronado Springs has room available at our time frame. Since we are trying to do this on a budget, we would have to not do the Wild Africa Trek if we chose to do this. We had lunch at the Pepper Market last year, and loved the resort. There are no conventions listed on the WDW site.

Thoughts
Personally, I love the look of the Coronado Springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Wookie - I hate the discrepancies between the Disney menus and the apps, not to mention all the websites have something different posted. With the Wave, the menu is constantly changing based on local ingredients and the chefs, so it is hard to plan that one.

Melissa
I hate it too. It makes it hard to decide where you want to eat. I think I'll just keep the GFC ADR. It's not like there isn't anything else on the menu that sounds yummy. Besides, the main reason for booking it, is the DH asked to so he can go to the GF. Since he hasn't really asked for much on this trip, I try and give him the things he does ask for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sounds like a mild case of hives...brought on my stress. Totally normal, and then they go away after you relax??
That's what I was thinking it was. It usually stops when I am able to go off to sleep, or whatever was the cause of the annoyance has stopped and I stop itching and rub the area instead. What brought it on the last time was the DH and I were talking as we were laying down to go to sleep. He was saying that next year, he wants to take a train out to LA, get a rental car, and was talking about the different places he wanted to see. When I said it would have to include at least one day at DL, he was like "nope no Disney at all". When I insisted that I wouldn't go to LA without a DL visit, he insisted that he didn't want to do any Disney.

Quote:
Me too!! My 11pm shift last night turned into 2am
I hope you were able to catch up on sleep today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Looks like wdwinfo has a menu dated 4/13 and it's still listing the risotto with the chicken meal. Reminds me, I need to swap ADRs if I can.
I really hope they still have it. We all love mushroom risotto and it's so much easier if someone else is making it.

Quote:
So, I'm in a bit of an ADR conundrum: I've currently got Artist Point booked for our first night (which also happens to be our anniversary). Now that we're in the Epcot area instead of CR, makes it a pain to get to. Was thinking of swapping this ADR over to Bluezoo if they have availability. After our bleh MK visits this past trip, I almost cancelled our BOG dinner on my hubbo's birthday but on the Magical Depress ride, he turned around to me and said... "We should really do the party, you know?" Guess I'm keeping that one for now. So, it'd be a Tuesday night MNSSHP starting with BOG dinner at 4:05pm.
Can you take the boat to DHS from your resort and then hop on the bus to the WL? Which menu appeals to you more? Worst case, you could get a cab to get to the WL if you have your hearts set of Artist Point.

Nothing new going on here. Wednesday is my last day of having to go to class, and next week the final is online. Now I just need to find my tax return so I can do my fafsa.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #273
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I know exactly what you mean! We were super excited that DD7 didn't want a party, and wanted to go to WDW instead....works for me!
Heather : I would be the one that would love to have WDW for my birthday!! ME!! I hope they never start asking me that, then we would be going 3 times a year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
First time poster on this board

You can see my by sig that we have had many trips to WDW. Our next trip is just DH and me, mid September for 5 nights, with FD. We were going to go on a couples retreat with our church in the fall, but when FD came out, we said, hey, we can go to WDW for not a lot more, so that was the plan. Stay at the POP, which we truly do love. However we love the water taxi and have looked into staying at Riverside. There is nothing available, and I have been looking for awhile. The theme at French Quarter isn't really for us. However Coronado Springs has room available at our time frame. Since we are trying to do this on a budget, we would have to not do the Wild Africa Trek if we chose to do this. We had lunch at the Pepper Market last year, and loved the resort. There are no conventions listed on the WDW site. Thoughts
Hi and ! I too am toying with POR, but there is no availability for us either (we are using a BB offer). I have not stayed at CSR, but DH wants to one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jen - I totally hear you, I love the fact that we are past big parties now. I hope your mom can chauffeur you around today while the tires are being done. Doing things for myself today, but taking Sarah with me as I cannot leave her home with the boys, she fights with them to much
Melissa: Hope you had a nice day with Sarah, UGH hate the fighting, I am praying the girls won't be doing too much of that this summer. Must. keep. them. busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
page 19??????

I have a lot of catching up to do! For now, I just wanted to say hi to everyone!!!
Hi!! Miss you!

Quote:
I am scare to say

Happy birthday to your Princess!!! Sounds like a nice birthday plan to me!!! 9 already HRH is creeping up on 9 herself
Jeanette: Thanks for the b-day wishes for Kailey, hard to believe they are growing up so fast. She is changing everyday into a little woman...literally!!
BTW....don't be scared to say it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hey Lacey! How are you? It's crazy how fast this thread goes.
Are you getting excited for Food and Wine? Should be fun!
Hi sweet Ginny!!

Quote:
Hello, ol' pal! Your plans for DDAlmost9 sound WONDERFUL. Hope the tires don't ouch ya too much. What's your current resort status? Still at BC?!
Miss: Hiya! Yes, I hope she has a nice b-day even without a party, the girls in her class this year have been a bit...oh shall we say catty??? so she wants to just have her one tried and true BFF and their family over on Friday. And yes we are still at BC, but just between us all here, the resort choice may still be in jeopardy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Oh, and P.S. I have not cancelled my September trip yet! Can. Not. Pick. Up. the. phone........don't wanna!
Willow: Ha ha! This was me when I called to change to downgrade us from BC...I just could not do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
just did my online check in for our first night at Pop. Wish they had option for close to parking. The only options they had were floor, building, and close to transportation.
I checked ground floor, since we will only be there 1 night and don't return rental car till next day. Easy to get luggage into room. And checked close to transportation, since I think that will be close to parking
Sue: Whoot whoot for online check in!! Hope it wasn't painful at the DR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Miss -- I am holding steady with CBR. I got a few Jake and the Neverland Pirates things for the kiddos and saw an adorable pirate Mickey and Minnie that I am trying not to buy as well. ;-) DD wore her pirate mickey and Minnie outfit to school today and it's just so cute to hear her say "Yo Yo Pirates!" Hehehe. :-). They still don't know!!Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Koh: Can't wait to hear how your big reveal goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
[
[COLOR="green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]It is, but then again it's a closer date than 2075 (which would be the year of our 80th wedding anniversary if we live that long).
I hope the sleepover goes well.

Hopefully the tires won't be too expensive. I don't know what kind of van you have, but I have a Chrysler Town & Country minivan and those things have truck tires. Which means, when I have to get some this Summer they will be more expensive than car tires. I'm hoping that we can get away with only having to get 2 new tires and the front brakes done before our September trip.
Wookie: 2075....you kill me!! And we have a Grand Caravan SE, tires set me back $650.00 and yes they are big suckers too! I am hoping that was a good deal, we shopped around a bit.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #274
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Still tweaking ADRs. :-)

So, trying to decide if we A) do an 11am breakfast at 'Ohana on arrival day before checking in to CBR, then CS for lunch/snack later before 9pm dinner at BOG or B) do quick breakfast on way to CBR (offsite), check in, then do a late lunch (2pm) at Kona then 9pm dinner at BOG.

Or something I haven't thought of yet?? :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #275
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Several of you have posted about Beaches and Cream and I will definitely take that advice and go. I will try to go off peak, as well and hope for the best...
How about Cape May? Yay or Nay?
Hope your shoulder feels better quick. I've done something to make my arm act up just recently.

The most we've ever had to wait was about 20 minutes or so to get a table at Beaches. Nice place to sit and relax while you wait.

What meal were you thinking about for Cape May? (Not sure they do lunch there.) We've done both breakfast and dinner; I think we kinda prefer breakfast. It's such a LOUD place though whenever you go. We're a bit Cape May'd out though ... already got Captain's Grille on the list for our October trip breakfast must-dos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
just did my online check in for our first night at Pop. Wish they had option for close to parking. The only options they had were floor, building, and close to transportation.
I checked ground floor, since we will only be there 1 night and don't return rental car till next day. Easy to get luggage into room. And checked close to transportation, since I think that will be close to parking
Sweet! Yay for checking in. Will that be close to the bus stop perhaps?

Quote:
Miss -- I am holding steady with CBR. I got a few Jake and the Neverland Pirates things for the kiddos and saw an adorable pirate Mickey and Minnie that I am trying not to buy as well. ;-) DD wore her pirate mickey and Minnie outfit to school today and it's just so cute to hear her say "Yo Yo Pirates!" Hehehe. :-). They still don't know!!
Those rooms look SO cute. The pool was quite nice, by the way. They'll love the little splash area (might want to let them see the huge barrel that fills up and then tips over first in case they might get scared when it dumps its water out. Makes a MASSIVE splash each time it does it.) The slide in the main pool was a hit with our timid one. Couldn't believe she went down both slides: the one at CBR and at AKL. She gave Pennywise the ol' stink eye though. We'll have to see about that in October.

Quote:
I really hope they still have it. We all love mushroom risotto and it's so much easier if someone else is making it.
For real. I adore risotto just don't ever have the patience to make it myself.

Quote:
[COLOR="green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Can you take the boat to DHS from your resort and then hop on the bus to the WL? Which menu appeals to you more? Worst case, you could get a cab to get to the WL if you have your hearts set of Artist Point.
Yeah, that's the best way methinks (boat to DHS or taxi) just not sure if we want to go through all of that or just take a stroll over to Bluezoo. We've been to Bluezoo before though. Guess I gotta go take a look at the menus again.

Roll on Wednesday. Good luck on the final next week.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #276
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I love when we are all posting at the same time, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!
Old 06-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #277
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Still tweaking ADRs. :-)

So, trying to decide if we A) do an 11am breakfast at 'Ohana on arrival day before checking in to CBR, then CS for lunch/snack later before 9pm dinner at BOG or B) do quick breakfast on way to CBR (offsite), check in, then do a late lunch (2pm) at Kona then 9pm dinner at BOG.

Or something I haven't thought of yet?? :-)

I vote A.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #278
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good afternoon, lovely chicas!
Hiya Ginny! How many times have you done F&W before? I'm so looking forward to it. I'm a bit worried about crowds though so perhaps maybe we'll stick to only going late Sunday and Monday/Tuesday first thing during the day?

~~----------------------------~~

So, I'm in a bit of an ADR conundrum: I've currently got Artist Point booked for our first night (which also happens to be our anniversary). Now that we're in the Epcot area instead of CR, makes it a pain to get to. Was thinking of swapping this ADR over to Bluezoo if they have availability. After our bleh MK visits this past trip, I almost cancelled our BOG dinner on my hubbo's birthday but on the Magical Depress ride, he turned around to me and said... "We should really do the party, you know?" Guess I'm keeping that one for now. So, it'd be a Tuesday night MNSSHP starting with BOG dinner at 4:05pm.

Hi Miss, We've been going to Food and Wine for awhile, probably 4 years or so? I think your plan sounds fine. Monday and Tuesday earlier are really nice. Weekends can be busy, but as long as you avoid the overly crowded booths you'll do fine. Just stop back later when the line has gone down. Most of the lines go pretty fast. You guys are going to have such fun!!!

About your ADR thoughts, it's mighty nice to be able to walk to dinner.

Quote:
I love when we are all posting at the same time, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!
Hi Jenny, Me too! It's always fun to "chat" with Dis friends!

---------------------------------
I'll be away for a few days, we're off to a wedding. Should be fun! I'll check in when we get back, and try to get updated on the most recent resort changes!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #279
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Another warm and fuzzy simultaneous post coming up

We're still on vacation so I'm not thread current, but had to post about what I've been up to on vacation.

Ginny, where are you when I need you?! DH has had me calling WDTC daily trying to get CL. I usually never call from my iPhone and must have been in vacation mode when I accidentally dialed 1-800 instead of 1-407 and ended up on some adult chat line. After calling daily, I did get CL just now for WL, which probably won't surprise any of you that I changed to Old Faithful.

We have an "ADR" here soon at the marina so I have to run. Happy hour is calling
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #280
Willows909
Mouseketeer

WDWKook.... Yay for you!!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #281
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Missoutandabout...I'm thinking breakfast since we will be getting up early...Hubby's up around 6ish no matter what! I can probably crawl outta bed around 7....We'll see! Eh...the shoulder does what it wants..ugh. Retail lifting killed it a while back!

So funny that once my reservations are all set to go...I'm dreaming of keeping my September ones...I should be giving that one up CR BLT..but ohhh...it just looks so good! I really must be grown up.....
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #282
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Need to go back and read but wanted to stop in and mention check your flights if you fly JB my return November flight dropped yet again $30 per person I now have $142 in credits

Kinda makes up for Bella's $207 Vet Bill She weighed in at 133 lbs, a gain of 10lbs so tomorrow she starts a diet

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #283
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hi Jenny! Big Happy Birthday to your princess! You are right, they sure do grow up fast! I am a bit nostalgic today -- My DS (Josh) - oldest just turned 21. He's officially legal in both Canada and the USA. and off my medical benefits as a dependent I am sad because he's still struggling with what direction to go with his life. I'll be here to support him though as long as I can, and I hope things look up for him this yr!

MISS: Glad the clown pool doesn't look toooo bad!
The BWI is in major running for our resort of choice for youngest DS's grad trip in Jan 2015/ thinking of making it near the end of Jan - my 45th bday will be on the 29th and I can't think of a better place I'd rather celebrate!!!

Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #284
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I'm sure I've missed a bunch more replies for as long as it has taken me to type this one out...

Quote:
Heather : I would be the one that would love to have WDW for my birthday!! ME!! I hope they never start asking me that, then we would be going 3 times a year!!

Miss: Hiya! Yes, I hope she has a nice b-day even without a party, the girls in her class this year have been a bit...oh shall we say catty??? so she wants to just have her one tried and true BFF and their family over on Friday. And yes we are still at BC, but just between us all here, the resort choice may still be in jeopardy.
I see that chin-scratchin' going on. You know, I need to work on that too... next year is my "biggun" so we just may be going back NEXT October!

Her laid-back birthday sounds just the ticket.

Think positive thoughts, my friend. Keep thinking of SAB. I'll help you out and think about it, too.

Quote:
Still tweaking ADRs.

Or something I haven't thought of yet??
Plan A sounds more doable methinks. 2pm Kona and 9pm BOG sounds like too many big meals too close together? Though, I do love the menu at Kona. I'm of no help whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi Miss, We've been going to Food and Wine for awhile, probably 4 years or so? I think your plan sounds fine. Monday and Tuesday earlier are really nice. Weekends can be busy, but as long as you avoid the overly crowded booths you'll do fine. Just stop back later when the line has gone down. Most of the lines go pretty fast. You guys are going to have such fun!!!

About your ADR thoughts, it's mighty nice to be able to walk to dinner.

I'll be away for a few days, we're off to a wedding. Should be fun! I'll check in when we get back, and try to get updated on the most recent resort changes!
Thanks for the F&W tips! I think maybe we'll get one of those passport thingies for Miss M to do so she's more keen on stopping at all the countries. That coupled with the Perry/Duffy coloring should make it easier for get ALL the booths in (well, not all... but I'm sure my tummy will feel like that afterward.)

I agree about the "walking back" after a meal. Can't be beat! You just helped me make up my mind. Those cocktails at Bluezoo are top-notch, too.

Enjoy the wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Another warm and fuzzy simultaneous post coming up

We're still on vacation so I'm not thread current, but had to post about what I've been up to on vacation.

Ginny, where are you when I need you?! DH has had me calling WDTC daily trying to get CL. I usually never call from my iPhone and must have been in vacation mode when I accidentally dialed 1-800 instead of 1-407 and ended up on some adult chat line. After calling daily, I did get CL just now for WL, which probably won't surprise any of you that I changed to Old Faithful.

We have an "ADR" here soon at the marina so I have to run. Happy hour is calling
LOL, mental note to not dial any 800 Disney numbers. Yesssss for getting your favorite spot. Enjoy the drinks!

Quote:
Missoutandabout...I'm thinking breakfast since we will be getting up early...Hubby's up around 6ish no matter what! I can probably crawl outta bed around 7....We'll see! Eh...the shoulder does what it wants..ugh. Retail lifting killed it a while back!

So funny that once my reservations are all set to go...I'm dreaming of keeping my September ones...I should be giving that one up CR BLT..but ohhh...it just looks so good! I really must be grown up.....
The characters are pretty great there, too. Bah, no "growing up" required here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Need to go back and read but wanted to stop in and mention check your flights if you fly JB my return November flight dropped yet again $30 per person I now have $142 in credits

Kinda makes up for Bella's $207 Vet Bill She weighed in at 133 lbs, a gain of 10lbs so tomorrow she starts a diet
You've almost got a whole ticket there in credits. So, when's that next trip planned?

Bella is a big fur baby, awwwww. Each time you mention how poor thing gets scared when it's stormy, I'll be imagining a small horse getting up on your lap to hide.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #285
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I knew I'd miss someone! ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
MISS: Glad the clown pool doesn't look toooo bad!
The BWI is in major running for our resort of choice for youngest DS's grad trip in Jan 2015/ thinking of making it near the end of Jan - my 45th bday will be on the 29th and I can't think of a better place I'd rather celebrate!!!
Happy Birthday to him! Yeah, you should definitely go with an Epcot resort.

I think we'll love it there. Even with no SAB, we just feel like we're not at Disney now unless it's in the Epcot area. (It was the one thing my hubster said he missed when we were at AKL -- which was otherwise perfect to us in every way.) That slide looks a lot less creepy in person than it does in pics, honest. I actually think I may be able to convince Miss M to go down it, too... it appears quite tame speed-wise.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: