Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #2731
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,702

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
gwynne WL is a fantastic resort in fact I am still shocked a bit that Bob said he'd rather AKL than WL and try someplace new. Although I think perhaps staying at WL might be too painfull a memory for him and probably best not to stay there.



Candace I kept thinking about that same thing when I was booked at BWI I decided BWI was better. Would you really be happy not having CL?
I'm not sure.....but we've got to stay non-CL at some point again, right??? Ugh! I didn't want this to become a "thing" the whole CL issue....we decided to do it at WL because it was our 10 year anniversary, so a special occasion.....but then did it at YC, because we really enjoyed the experience and after all it was DD9 birthday trip... I've really got nothing for the August trip.....well, we do arrive 2 weeks after DH birthday.....

Can I break the cycle???
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #2732
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'm not sure.....but we've got to stay non-CL at some point again, right??? Ugh! I didn't want this to become a "thing" the whole CL issue....we decided to do it at WL because it was our 10 year anniversary, so a special occasion.....but then did it at YC, because we really enjoyed the experience and after all it was DD9 birthday trip... I've really got nothing for the August trip.....well, we do arrive 2 weeks after DH birthday.....

Can I break the cycle???
I can see where it could be very hard to skip CL after staying on that level and becoming accustomed to the snacks and other perks that go along with it.

I never stepped foot into the CL lounge the year we were given the upgrade my DS's did and thy both always said YC was their favorite resort. I am sure the lounge had something to do with that

Even though Bob and I both were excited to stay at BWI CL we decided to be in our case sensible and save the money we would have spent.

We won't miss what we never tried.

I think in your case dollar for dollar BWI CL is a better value
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #2733
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Hi ladies, just at work but wanted to pop in to say I agree with Sheila, and I vote for BWI CL Candace. Knowing your families touring style I think you will get more relaxation and enjoyment there. Just my 2 cents.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend

Jen
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #2734
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,702

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I can see where it could be very hard to skip CL after staying on that level and becoming accustomed to the snacks and other perks that go along with it.

I never stepped foot into the CL lounge the year we were given the upgrade my DS's did and thy both always said YC was their favorite resort. I am sure the lounge had something to do with that

Even though Bob and I both were excited to stay at BWI CL we decided to be in our case sensible and save the money we would have spent.

We won't miss what we never tried.

I think in your case dollar for dollar BWI CL is a better value
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi ladies, just at work but wanted to pop in to say I agree with Sheila, and I vote for BWI CL Candace. Knowing your families touring style I think you will get more relaxation and enjoyment there. Just my 2 cents.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend

Jen
I'm tending to agree with you both.

I feel pretty comfortable with the BWI CL choice. I've heard great things about it, and I know we will be in our favorite location. BWI is gorgeous, IMHO.

I guess with GF and CR I am just trying to get my monorail stay in, but neither of them blow my hair back, KWIM? Just can't get super excited about either one. For monorail resorts, POLY is my 1st choice for sure. That all being said, I think going back to the Epcot area and BWI is the right choice.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #2735
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Candace
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #2736
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Having fun with my magic bands and changing my FP+ reservations on the run. Very easy to use and no problems so far!
We enjoyed the Bands too, and making changes with our FP+. It was easy, but prob because only 3 or 4 resorts were on the trial. I'm thinking it will be pretty hard to change FPs once it goes live, and everyone has access to it.
It will prob be like scoring a popular restaurant 180 dsys out with an ADR, for the attractions like TSMM, & Space Mtn.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #2737
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,702

11 DAYS 'TIL DISNEY!!!!

__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #2738
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
11 DAYS 'TIL DISNEY!!!!

We are all happy for you

Enjoy the anticipation.... Soon you will be there.

Looks like you starting the F&W and I am closing it down
__________________
POP Century 8/11-13 then GF king deluxe RPC 8/13-14!!

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #2739
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,702

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
We are all happy for you

Enjoy the anticipation.... Soon you will be there.

Looks like you starting the F&W and I am closing it down
Thanks! I just honestly can't believe I'm going back again so soon! I was just there 5 months ago!!! (and 9 months prior to that one!) The last time I did twice in one calendar year was back in 2000, DH (then boyfriend) and I were able to squeak out two trips back then.

Then, we won't be back until August!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #2740
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'm tending to agree with you both.

I feel pretty comfortable with the BWI CL choice. I've heard great things about it, and I know we will be in our favorite location. BWI is gorgeous, IMHO.

I guess with GF and CR I am just trying to get my monorail stay in, but neither of them blow my hair back, KWIM? Just can't get super excited about either one. For monorail resorts, POLY is my 1st choice for sure. That all being said, I think going back to the Epcot area and BWI is the right choice.
Candace Something else to throw I to the mixture as far as GF and CR and the Monorail, no one knows yet if the construction at the Poly will have an effect on the monorail hours like when construction was happening at GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We enjoyed the Bands too, and making changes with our FP+. It was easy, but prob because only 3 or 4 resorts were on the trial. I'm thinking it will be pretty hard to change FPs once it goes live, and everyone has access to it.
It will prob be like scoring a popular restaurant 180 dsys out with an ADR, for the attractions like TSMM, & Space Mtn.
Sue That thought has occurred to me to, as of now it is fairly easy it seems to change plans for FP+ on the fly but I imagine it will change once all resorts go live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
11 DAYS 'TIL DISNEY!!!!

11 Days
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #2741
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
11 DAYS 'TIL DISNEY!!!!

Have you started packing??
__________________
Ginny Trip planning is half the fun!

TY Kook!
gwynne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #2742
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,035

Hello ladies.

Candace, you're getting SOOOO CLOSE! I hope the day-of goes well when you drop them off at school.

Magic and Koh: (Who else proclaimed their Libra-dom?) I'm on the 20th. Yep, always weighing up the possibilities, aren't we? Although that goes for all of us, despite our zodiac-leaning tendencies.

Dani: Yep, the Jets. My main fantasy team is not doing well, to put it mildly (and family-friendly).

Jen: I was DYING laughing at your skunk story! Shall I send my dog up? She's good at finding them. You'll have to keep her afterward though.

Ginny: Nice change! And that gives you something for DH and something for you.

I'm missing lots of replies here. Sorry. My brain has just returned to normal, somewhat-limited function again after my germy stint from last week. But lots of hugs and good thoughts for you all...



So, on the Disney front... I did something awful (or smart) depending on how you cut it:

I cancelled our CG annnnnd our backup reservation to Bluezoo. I was sitting there playing with the FP+ stuff and it kinda dawned on me, why am I booking all this stuff on our first night there? Couldn't sleep yesterday because of it bugging me.

The day we get in, it's our anniversary but -- the whole REAL reason we're going in the first place is to celebrate hub's 40th. The next morning, at 8:30, we've got breakfast at the castle. With having dinner at CG, even though it was early, and all the travel (and getting gussied up) involved with getting there from BWI, it just didn't seem like a smart thing.

Asked the hubs about it before cancelling and he said, "You know? I'd be just as happy getting a sandwich from Starring Rolls and heading over to go on Star Tours for our anniversary. It's just special being at Disney. If we were just stuck here on our anniversary, then we'd go out and have a nice dinner somewhere. That "somewhere nice" is being at Disney itself." Love that guy. So, more moolah in the coffers for F&W -- sounds good to me.

Final ADR count for the Commitment-Impaired: 2. Breakfast at the Castle, Be Our Guest early dinner for the hubster's birthday on MNSSHP night.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #2743
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2
 
MAGIC...itis!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?
Posts: 692

Miss... I couldn't agree more. WDW is the prize. You've a wise and wonderful DH.

Sometimes when you get all the specifics down and take a break from them, when you return the master plan doesn't look nearly as good as it originally did piece-meal, so then it's Tweaking Time. Muuuuuuahhhhhhahaha!

DH and I love our EOS and Casey's hot dogs just as much as CG and Shula's (and our Sci Fi, and Hoop-de-Doo, too!). The main thing is that the day-to-day "master plan" has got to "work" and not feel hurried or stressful.
__________________
MAGIC...itis!
........
MAGIC...itis! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #2744
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello ladies.

Candace, you're getting SOOOO CLOSE! I hope the day-of goes well when you drop them off at school.

Magic and Koh: (Who else proclaimed their Libra-dom?) I'm on the 20th. Yep, always weighing up the possibilities, aren't we? Although that goes for all of us, despite our zodiac-leaning tendencies.

Dani: Yep, the Jets. My main fantasy team is not doing well, to put it mildly (and family-friendly).

Jen: I was DYING laughing at your skunk story! Shall I send my dog up? She's good at finding them. You'll have to keep her afterward though.

Ginny: Nice change! And that gives you something for DH and something for you.

I'm missing lots of replies here. Sorry. My brain has just returned to normal, somewhat-limited function again after my germy stint from last week. But lots of hugs and good thoughts for you all...



So, on the Disney front... I did something awful (or smart) depending on how you cut it:

I cancelled our CG annnnnd our backup reservation to Bluezoo. I was sitting there playing with the FP+ stuff and it kinda dawned on me, why am I booking all this stuff on our first night there? Couldn't sleep yesterday because of it bugging me.

The day we get in, it's our anniversary but -- the whole REAL reason we're going in the first place is to celebrate hub's 40th. The next morning, at 8:30, we've got breakfast at the castle. With having dinner at CG, even though it was early, and all the travel (and getting gussied up) involved with getting there from BWI, it just didn't seem like a smart thing.

Asked the hubs about it before cancelling and he said, "You know? I'd be just as happy getting a sandwich from Starring Rolls and heading over to go on Star Tours for our anniversary. It's just special being at Disney. If we were just stuck here on our anniversary, then we'd go out and have a nice dinner somewhere. That "somewhere nice" is being at Disney itself." Love that guy. So, more moolah in the coffers for F&W -- sounds good to me.

Final ADR count for the Commitment-Impaired: 2. Breakfast at the Castle, Be Our Guest early dinner for the hubster's birthday on MNSSHP night.
Hi Miss,
I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I think you are totally on the right track with simplifying a few ADRS. You guys are going to have a lovely anniversary!
__________________
Ginny Trip planning is half the fun!

TY Kook!
gwynne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #2745
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Change needs to happen Met with Steven's teachers today and they both said how frustrated he got from being behind from the two days he missed when he was sick last week. There is no way I can pull him out for a week in Feb and expect it not to have major backlash. Don't know what I am going to do. Don't know if DH will even talk to me about this. Don't know when we will even talk about it. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: