Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #256
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

This is what I look like this morning .... so no multiquoting!

Heather would you mind sharing the name of the resort you were at?

Christine you're right beginning of Oct would be hot but at least the race would be at night .... I think. Also I think it would be fun to do F&W. And then in the spring of 2015 I'd try to make it to F&G! My original plan was F&G in 2015 and then fall of that year. But if Janet is up for ToT 2014 I'm in!!! It's a LOOOOOOOOOONG way off so we have time to decide!

SueM enjoy your shower!!! I remember DD first shower after her shower ... what a joy for her! She did get tired and needed to rest in the middle so if you don't have a seat in there ..... maybe a chair????
Old 06-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #257
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

Christine you're right beginning of Oct would be hot but at least the race would be at night .... I think. Also I think it would be fun to do F&W. And then in the spring of 2015 I'd try to make it to F&G! My original plan was F&G in 2015 and then fall of that year. But if Janet is up for ToT 2014 I'm in!!! It's a LOOOOOOOOOONG way off so we have time to decide!

SueM enjoy your shower!!! I remember DD first shower after her shower ... what a joy for her! She did get tired and needed to rest in the middle so if you don't have a seat in there ..... maybe a chair????
GG I have done F&G 2x now in 2009 and 2012 but if they keep the food booths I want to go again, maybe 2014

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #258
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
GG I have done F&G 2x now in 2009 and 2012 but if they keep the food booths I want to go again, maybe 2014
It's been a few years since I've been to F&G but I loved it .... I was really tempted to go this year because of the food booths but just couldn't swing it .... $$$$ !!! Really hope they keep the booths! What could be better .... food and flowers!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #259
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

page 19??????

I have a lot of catching up to do! For now, I just wanted to say hi to everyone!!!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #260
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

This is procrastination at its best!!! While I should be studying for my last test on Thursday, here I sit in front of the TV and computer screen....oh well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
First time poster on this board

You can see my by sig that we have had many trips to WDW. Our next trip is just DH and me, mid September for 5 nights, with FD. We were going to go on a couples retreat with our church in the fall, but when FD came out, we said, hey, we can go to WDW for not a lot more, so that was the plan. Stay at the POP, which we truly do love. However we love the water taxi and have looked into staying at Riverside. There is nothing available, and I have been looking for awhile. The theme at French Quarter isn't really for us. However Coronado Springs has room available at our time frame. Since we are trying to do this on a budget, we would have to not do the Wild Africa Trek if we chose to do this. We had lunch at the Pepper Market last year, and loved the resort. There are no conventions listed on the WDW site.

Thoughts
Welcome! Choices, choices Non-Disney folks have no idea how difficult it can be to choose a resort Keep checking POR...something may come up. We've never stayed at CSR....pictures look nice though. What about AoA, or one of the Allstart resorts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Good morning Have a few minutes so figured I would finally try to catch up.

Heather - love the pics!!!! Looks like you had an amazing time Glad you got through the laundry and unpacking yesterday, I always feel like I am unpacking for days

Melissa
Yesterday I was bound and determined to get my house back in order. I feel like I can't do anything else until all things are in place. I know.....a bit OCD

Quote:
Heather Welcome Home! Love your pictures, especially the family portrait

Can not wait to see more!
I might have a few more, Shelia

Quote:

You asked me that same question like 50 pages ago .....sorry I forgot to answer. We stayed at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe - an all inclusive deal....4 restaurants, 2 bars, 2 pools...I think all the rooms overlook the beach. We were very pleased with the service, cleanliness, atmosphere, food, etc. It's not your typical high-rise hotel...much more Mexican/Caribbean (if that makes sense ) tile & thatched roofs....very tropical.

Quote:
Are yall going to do the race(s)??!! That's awesome! Wish I could still run....you will have such a blast! Signed up for the Princess Half in 2012 but then had a knee injury....no more for me.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 9 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 3 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #261
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I noticed something last night. I have been, from time to time, getting these itching spells. In the area that itches I usually find tiny bumps here and there. Sometimes it's parts of my arms, or my back. Last night, the DH was teasing me and I started itching. It seems like it only happens when he annoys me or I get slightly stressed. I'm going to ask my mil about it and then ask my doctor about it at my next appt.
Sounds like a mild case of hives...brought on my stress. Totally normal, and then they go away after you relax??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I called this morning to see if there was any availability over at the YC. No dice. SAB is a siren's call. I guess we're destined to be hangin' with Pennywise.
Keep calling girl
Quote:
Jeanette

I have to agree with Brian about SAB being too big, not to mention too noisey. Hard enough to keep an eye on 1 kiddo but you have 5 !

I thought BLT was perfect for you before when you were booked there
I like the idea of BLT...Brian is turning the children...said we should stay all week at Portofino and drive to MK
Which means ME driving with the girls while he and the boys hang at Universal.....He's killing me What do I do???He's not saying NO to Disney. UGH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Sheila, what's up with men?? Geesh...no way you are missing out on the Poly in the fall....do you need me or Pas to come up there and convince DH to go to the doctors??
BOTH of us, tag team!!!!

Quote:
Actually I followed your story very well. it's the daily (hourly?? ) changes that are challenging!! But that's why you are the queen and so loved, you lead by example...So thankful you were lead to the DIS and to us, and me in particular.. love ya

This made me cry BFF, and I am blessed to have such special ladies in my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Permanent, pinky swear, secret hand shake final.

No really....that's it...

I'm too busy obsessing over what I am going to book for next year....
No comment.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
Can anyone tell me how close to our trip I can change resorts?
Guide to changing resorts~

You can change resorts at anytime ~

For a package, if its under 45 days then could charge a fee, from experience if you are adding to the package or upgrading the resort they can sometimes waive the fee (it's kinda their discretion)

For a room only there is up to 5 days before checkin, again sometimes they will waive fees. WDW is VERY flexible from my experience

Quote:
I believe there are people who have changed resorts on their way to the resort. And even after checking in.
Yes I do believe that's been done before

Quote:
Just popping in quickly to say...

Jeanette - I told you to stay put when you booked BLT so I can have your honest review....so I stay it again....DO NOT CHANGE!!!
I can do this!!! One month, yes I can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Getting the sutures out tomorrow I can't wait!! Sponge baths and washing hair in sink is getting real old!

Puppy Sophie is coming right along. For those who asked, I would post pics if I knew how, she sure is cute!

Hope everyone enjoyed Father's Day Sunday!
Yay Sue, now we gotta get you posting pics!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Now back to reading....
Heather
Welcome home Heather We missed you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Jeanette: BLT...awesome! Sounds perfect to me!!Is that it now?
Jen
I am scare to say

Happy birthday to your Princess!!! Sounds like a nice birthday plan to me!!! 9 already HRH is creeping up on 9 herself

Quote:

You can see my by sig that we have had many trips to WDW. Our next trip is just DH and me, mid September for 5 nights, with FD. We were going to go on a couples retreat with our church in the fall, but when FD came out, we said, hey, we can go to WDW for not a lot more, so that was the plan. Stay at the POP, which we truly do love. However we love the water taxi and have looked into staying at Riverside. There is nothing available, and I have been looking for awhile. The theme at French Quarter isn't really for us. However Coronado Springs has room available at our time frame. Since we are trying to do this on a budget, we would have to not do the Wild Africa Trek if we chose to do this. We had lunch at the Pepper Market last year, and loved the resort. There are no conventions listed on the WDW site.

Thoughts
CSR has a lot of love on this thread. I haven't stayed there. The pool looks amazing, and the resort is beautiful. Pop is awesome! But for a laid back couples trip, maybe it's time to try CSR!!!

Quote:
Me too!! My 11pm shift last night turned into 2am
Old 06-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #262
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is procrastination at its best!!! While I should be studying for my last test on Thursday, here I sit in front of the TV and computer screen....oh well....

Yesterday I was bound and determined to get my house back in order. I feel like I can't do anything else until all things are in place. I know.....a bit OCD
I am JUST like that, I can barely sleep until I unpack. Drive DH nuts, he doesn't even like unloading the Pasmobile right away

My last 3 weeks of school....well, I am chalking it up to Spring/summer fever....I am waiting for a grade on my final paper...so far I have an 88...my 4.0GPA may be byebye this term
Old 06-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #263
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome! Choices, choices Non-Disney folks have no idea how difficult it can be to choose a resort Keep checking POR...something may come up. We've never stayed at CSR....pictures look nice though. What about AoA, or one of the Allstart resorts?

I might have a few more, Shelia

You asked me that same question like 50 pages ago .....sorry I forgot to answer. We stayed at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe - an all inclusive deal....4 restaurants, 2 bars, 2 pools...I think all the rooms overlook the beach. We were very pleased with the service, cleanliness, atmosphere, food, etc. It's not your typical high-rise hotel...much more Mexican/Caribbean (if that makes sense ) tile & thatched roofs....very tropical.

Are yall going to do the race(s)??!! That's awesome! Wish I could still run....you will have such a blast! Signed up for the Princess Half in 2012 but then had a knee injury....no more for me.

Thanks for the name of the resort. I really love Cancun. Mostly we've stayed at the Royal Resorts ... timeshare but I'm always looking for something new to try. All inclusive would be nice .... just no worry about money once you get there. Really loving all the pictures!!!

I'd really like to do the 10K .... too old to do 1/2 marathons now. And no running for me .... I'm a walker. Need to work a little to get my time to 15 minute mile .... I'm a bit slower than that now. For the RC trip this past Jan we were suppose to do the 5K but for various reasons never ended up signing up for it.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #264
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
page 19??????

I have a lot of catching up to do! For now, I just wanted to say hi to everyone!!!
Hey Lacey! How are you? It's crazy how fast this thread goes.
Are you getting excited for Food and Wine? Should be fun!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #265
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
page 19??????

Old 06-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #266
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon, lovely chicas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Miss -- do you HAVE to call the clown that?? Even I'm a bit creeped out by it then!!
When we walked through there last week, I took a gander at the clown again. It's not that creepy (although, I'm not really afraid of clowns). Mind you, I saw a hilarious (to me anyway) photoshopped pic of that clown just recently. Are you steadfast at CBR?!

Quote:
No problem, glad I could help. You could do Beaches & Cream, but I'm not sure if you can make an ADR for it.
Yeah, no ADRs there but if you go at "off peak" dining times, it's not too bad a wait usually. That is a requirement for me this October; I need me some No Way Jose.

Quote:

We did go with the GFC, but now I am worried about it. A WDW Dining app I had, listed the pan roasted chicken breast as having mushroom risotto with it, but when I just looked it up on the Disney site it has something different.
Looks like wdwinfo has a menu dated 4/13 and it's still listing the risotto with the chicken meal. Reminds me, I need to swap ADRs if I can.

Quote:
Okay, so what was this bad song??
I cannot say unless I want to be spanked by the Disboard powers-that-be.

Quote:
So do you want to do the 2014 ToT 10K???? Isn't this the one that is done at night? I really love the idea of a race when it isn't hot!!! I could do a week at Disney and then move over to Universal ....

I'm sitting here laughing .... because I know you don't plan this far in advance and you must be thinking what have I gotten myself into!!!
You two SO need to do this together! I wish I could get away to join you ladies. Miss M wouldn't let me go down the street without her, much LESS to Disney. (To be honest, I think the hubster would be MOST jealous of all.)

Quote:
Just popping in quickly to say...

Jeanette - I told you to stay put when you booked BLT so I can have your honest review....so I stay it again....DO NOT CHANGE!!!

Hugs to everyone!! Another busy day tomorrow but I will try to pop in when I can
Hello, my friend. You speaketh much wisdom to our Pas. Don't change from the sandwich, dear leader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Getting the sutures out tomorrow I can't wait!! Sponge baths and washing hair in sink is getting real old!

Puppy Sophie is coming right along. For those who asked, I would post pics if I knew how, she sure is cute!

Hope everyone enjoyed Father's Day Sunday!
Yay for "first" baths!

Quote:
Spent yesterday washing clothes and unpacking. Have lots of catching up to do on the Boards since I only pulled my computer out twice while on vacation.

Now back to reading....
Heather
Welcome home! You were (one of) the catalysts for making me book AKL. That ol' sneaky TR of yours with all those gorgeous pictures. Hubster is STILL talking about going back... if only we could plunk AKL down within walking distance of Epcot and DHS.

Quote:
Well, not too much going on over here. Have to do some major last minute running around today for DD8 (soon to be 9 ) birthday tomorrow! I can't believe it, not that she is nine but that I am not finished shopping for her!! She didn't want a big party this year, just her BFF sleeping over on Friday and a BBQ. I must say I like that. I am sort of over the big parties.

Also have to get new tires on our van, my parents are coming over so hopefully I can convince my Mom to chauffeur me around to get more presents!

Have a great day everyone!

Jen
Hello, ol' pal! Your plans for DDAlmost9 sound WONDERFUL. Hope the tires don't ouch ya too much. What's your current resort status? Still at BC?!

Quote:
Miss - I am still cracking up about the lyrics. My kids are exposed to some pretty bad lyrics too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that something opens up at BC or YC

Got to run, didn't get as far as I wanted, too many interruptions. But wishing everyone a happy day
Thank you! They have a Deluxe 2BR suite available at YC but then we'd need to pack Ramen noodle for meals.

Quote:
page 19??????

Hiya Lacey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
No comment......
You two ARE the master changers. Think he'll come 'round to the Disney plan? You've got loads of time to do a full-court press on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hey Lacey! How are you? It's crazy how fast this thread goes.
Are you getting excited for Food and Wine? Should be fun!
Hiya Ginny! How many times have you done F&W before? I'm so looking forward to it. I'm a bit worried about crowds though so perhaps maybe we'll stick to only going late Sunday and Monday/Tuesday first thing during the day?

~~----------------------------~~

So, I'm in a bit of an ADR conundrum: I've currently got Artist Point booked for our first night (which also happens to be our anniversary). Now that we're in the Epcot area instead of CR, makes it a pain to get to. Was thinking of swapping this ADR over to Bluezoo if they have availability. After our bleh MK visits this past trip, I almost cancelled our BOG dinner on my hubbo's birthday but on the Magical Depress ride, he turned around to me and said... "We should really do the party, you know?" Guess I'm keeping that one for now. So, it'd be a Tuesday night MNSSHP starting with BOG dinner at 4:05pm.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #267
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was really awesome, even in left over form.

WOOT!! I bet it'll be the best bath ever!!

I can't wait to see the pictures of your new fur-baby.
She is very cute!!

Quote:
Good Mornin Everyone!

We finally made it back.....

The trip was wonderful and very relaxing....weather couldn't have been more perfect. Of course we made 100s of pictures no shock there. Spent most of our time in bathing suits by the pool/beach. Rented a golf cart one day and rode around Isla Mujeres...very cool. Did the dolphin swim which the kids loved....boys did some tarpon fishing in the lagoons (with huge crocodiles...which made me very nervous!) And enjoyed a plethora of fruity drinks

Spent yesterday washing clothes and unpacking. Have lots of catching up to do on the Boards since I only pulled my computer out twice while on vacation.

Now back to reading....
Heather
Welcome Home Heather!! Amazing pics as usual! Looks like you're growing your hair?

Quote:
Heather: Welcome back! Sounds like a fab trip! What a beautiful place.

Sue: glad to hear you are getting your suttures out, and count me in as wanting to see the puppy pics too!

Well, not too much going on over here. Have to do some major last minute running around today for DD8 (soon to be 9 ) birthday tomorrow! I can't believe it, not that she is nine but that I am not finished shopping for her!! She didn't want a big party this year, just her BFF sleeping over on Friday and a BBQ. I must say I like that. I am sort of over the big parties.

Also have to get new tires on our van, my parents are coming over so hopefully I can convince my Mom to chauffeur me around to get more presents!

Have a great day everyone!

Jen
Thanks! I'm counting the hours now!!!

Quote:

Thoughts
Welcome!! My fave moderate is POR, followed by POFQ. Which also has the water taxi, and short walk over to POR.

Quote:
Good morning Have a few minutes so figured I would finally try to catch up.

Christine - LOVE your new avatar And happy to see you here on the boards

Heather - love the pics!!!! Looks like you had an amazing time Glad you got through the laundry and unpacking yesterday, I always feel like I am unpacking for days

Jen - I totally hear you, I love the fact that we are past big parties now. I hope your mom can chauffeur you around today while the tires are being done. Doing things for myself today, but taking Sarah with me as I cannot leave her home with the boys, she fights with them to much

SueM - YAY for being able to take a real shower I do totally remember that! Before knee surgery I had a cast from ankle to hip to immobilize the leg and showering was impossible If you want, I can try to walk you through posting a pic or you can email me the pics and I will post them for you. Just send me a PM.

Wookie - I hate the discrepancies between the Disney menus and the apps, not to mention all the websites have something different posted. With the Wave, the menu is constantly changing based on local ingredients and the chefs, so it is hard to plan that one.

Miss - I am still cracking up about the lyrics. My kids are exposed to some pretty bad lyrics too I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that something opens up at BC or YC

Got to run, didn't get as far as I wanted, too many interruptions. But wishing everyone a happy day

Melissa
Thanks Melissa, I just may take you up on that!!

Quote:

Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am JUST like that, I can barely sleep until I unpack. Drive DH nuts, he doesn't even like unloading the Pasmobile right away

My last 3 weeks of school....well, I am chalking it up to Spring/summer fever....I am waiting for a grade on my final paper...so far I have an 88...my 4.0GPA may be byebye this term
Oh you're good!! It takes me forever to unpack!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside, Aug 2015 Poly!
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #268
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! Sitting here with ice on my shoulder...having issues (had them for a while) and I seemed to have aggravated it by doing something....what I'm not sure of...sigh. I worked last night, but it was tough going, so I called out today. Definitely not something I do...last time I called out was over a year ago...

Someone here has a Bruins logo....YAY!! GO BRUINS!

Several of you have posted about Beaches and Cream and I will definitely take that advice and go. I will try to go off peak, as well and hope for the best...
How about Cape May? Yay or Nay?

Hstrickland... Hello! Looking forward to getting to know you I've changed my resort 4 ?? times...so I feel pretty comfortable here...I've settled in...

Okay now I have to catch up and read, read and read...there's some talking going on here!!

Oh, and P.S. I have not cancelled my September trip yet! Can. Not. Pick. Up. the. phone........don't wanna!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #269
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Hello everyone! Sitting here with ice on my shoulder...having issues (had them for a while) and I seemed to have aggravated it by doing something....what I'm not sure of...sigh. I worked last night, but it was tough going, so I called out today. Definitely not something I do...last time I called out was over a year ago...

Someone here has a Bruins logo....YAY!! GO BRUINS!

Several of you have posted about Beaches and Cream and I will definitely take that advice and go. I will try to go off peak, as well and hope for the best...
How about Cape May? Yay or Nay?

Hstrickland... Hello! Looking forward to getting to know you I've changed my resort 4 ?? times...so I feel pretty comfortable here...I've settled in...

Okay now I have to catch up and read, read and read...there's some talking going on here!!

Oh, and P.S. I have not cancelled my September trip yet! Can. Not. Pick. Up. the. phone........don't wanna!
Love B&C . Great sundaes. We also like Cape May hope your shoulder is better!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 06-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #270
Sue M
DIS Veteran

just did my online check in for our first night at Pop. Wish they had option for close to parking. The only options they had were floor, building, and close to transportation.
I checked ground floor, since we will only be there 1 night and don't return rental car till next day. Easy to get luggage into room. And checked close to transportation, since I think that will be close to parking

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: