Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #2671
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,685

UGGGGHHH! 2 weeks from right now, my flight will be 6 minutes from taking off!!!

It is slowly but surely sinking in that I will be in Disney again soon, and I am starting to not be able to concentrate now!!!

I haven't even started packing. If this was one of our family trips, I would have been packed 4 weeks ago!

I am so looking forward to my "grown up" trip with my BFF. I think we are going to have so much fun!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #2672
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
UGGGGHHH! 2 weeks from right now, my flight will be 6 minutes from taking off!!!

It is slowly but surely sinking in that I will be in Disney again soon, and I am starting to not be able to concentrate now!!!

I haven't even started packing. If this was one of our family trips, I would have been packed 4 weeks ago!

I am so looking forward to my "grown up" trip with my BFF. I think we are going to have so much fun!
Do your kids know you're going? What do they have to say about it? I would LOVE to do something like that with my college BFFs, but my DS would flip out! (DD is a little too young still I think...I might sneak it past her). ;-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #2673
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,675

Wow! POFQ is getting magic bands now too???!!! Yippee! I check in to POFQ on dec 5-9 before that though, I'm at pop on dec 3 and POR on the 4th (both current testing resorts) but I haven't received any message to add my magic bands yet??? Still too far out I'm guessing- I want a pink one though and not the ugly grey one!
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #2674
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Do your kids know you're going? What do they have to say about it? I would LOVE to do something like that with my college BFFs, but my DS would flip out! (DD is a little too young still I think...I might sneak it past her). ;-)
They do know. I was really scared to tell them (scared of hurting their feelings) but honestly, they were really awesome about it. However, it doesn't mean they will still be awesome about it when I am actually leaving....

We shall see.....

Luckily, my flight leaves in the middle of the day at 1:30 pm, so I am working a 1/2 day and just leaving from there. There won't be any long drawn out goodbyes. I'll say goodbye when I drop them off to school that morning.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #2675
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Good afternoon! Going to try to catch up a bit while I have a free minute.

Candace - two weeks from tomorrow we finally meet

Koh - sorry you and DD still arent feeling well, and that you have so much going on Hopefully you can get some rest tonight and then tomorrow night will be great! I know how you feel, I texted DH today and asked if we could go out tomorrow night, he called and asked if something was wrong and I said no, I just need to feel like an adult for a bit

Shelia - I'm only 39 and I still need a resort break and/or nap sometimes We have stayed at all the All Stars and I agree, I hate them. Pop is a little newer and we havent stayed there, so I am willing to give it a try for one night, I think I didnt even look at AOA, as the LM rooms are never included in the discounts and a suite is too pricey for this trip.

Jeanette - such a pain when mommy stuff gets in the way of the Dis

Magic - I really want to use the FP+ for parade viewing and wishes, my AP's are screwing up my FP+ selection window, so I have to wait until we are there to make my selections, so not sure what I will be able to get. I am there Sept 27-29, meeting Ginny and Canadace that weekend And then back Oct 4-6 for F&W and meeting Lacey What weekend in Oct are you going?

Miss - glad you are feeling a bit better! I thought of you while I was in Target today We don't have Disney Infinity yet, it is on Steven's Hanukkah list, but I did read about the MB's with it. Sarah got pink, its cute. I have a pic over on my PTR.

Linda - enjoy OKW! I'll be interested to hear what you can still do with the MBs

SueM - yes definitely let me know when you are back down this way!!! Yep, love all the choices right there on University!!! Glad to hear you didn't mind Pop. It will only be for one night and I cant see spending $90 more to put as at POR just for queen size beds, although I keep debating it or even off prop just to have more room. Although I keep checking CR, knowing full well even if something opens up DH will never agree to pay $400-$500 for one night

Jen - you totally deserve BWI CL, do it now, you never know what tomorrow will bring! And like everyone said there is just something so magical about the Epcot resort area!

Got to go get the kiddos ready for karate. I'm sure I will be back latter this evening


Melissa
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #2676
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,685

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Good afternoon! Going to try to catch up a bit while I have a free minute.

Candace - two weeks from tomorrow we finally meet

Koh - sorry you and DD still arent feeling well, and that you have so much going on Hopefully you can get some rest tonight and then tomorrow night will be great! I know how you feel, I texted DH today and asked if we could go out tomorrow night, he called and asked if something was wrong and I said no, I just need to feel like an adult for a bit

Shelia - I'm only 39 and I still need a resort break and/or nap sometimes We have stayed at all the All Stars and I agree, I hate them. Pop is a little newer and we havent stayed there, so I am willing to give it a try for one night, I think I didnt even look at AOA, as the LM rooms are never included in the discounts and a suite is too pricey for this trip.

Jeanette - such a pain when mommy stuff gets in the way of the Dis

Magic - I really want to use the FP+ for parade viewing and wishes, my AP's are screwing up my FP+ selection window, so I have to wait until we are there to make my selections, so not sure what I will be able to get. I am there Sept 27-29, meeting Ginny and Canadace that weekend And then back Oct 4-6 for F&W and meeting Lacey What weekend in Oct are you going?

Miss - glad you are feeling a bit better! I thought of you while I was in Target today We don't have Disney Infinity yet, it is on Steven's Hanukkah list, but I did read about the MB's with it. Sarah got pink, its cute. I have a pic over on my PTR.

Linda - enjoy OKW! I'll be interested to hear what you can still do with the MBs

SueM - yes definitely let me know when you are back down this way!!! Yep, love all the choices right there on University!!! Glad to hear you didn't mind Pop. It will only be for one night and I cant see spending $90 more to put as at POR just for queen size beds, although I keep debating it or even off prop just to have more room. Although I keep checking CR, knowing full well even if something opens up DH will never agree to pay $400-$500 for one night

Jen - you totally deserve BWI CL, do it now, you never know what tomorrow will bring! And like everyone said there is just something so magical about the Epcot resort area!

Got to go get the kiddos ready for karate. I'm sure I will be back latter this evening


Melissa
Anything from New England you'd like me to bring ya??? (with the exception of live lobster....I don't plan on checking bags... )
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #2677
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Anything from New England you'd like me to bring ya??? (with the exception of live lobster....I don't plan on checking bags... )
Oh darn, I figured I would carry a cooler full of live lobsters around AK with us
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #2678
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,035

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Oh darn, I figured I would carry a cooler full of live lobsters around AK with us


If you get stopped, you could just claim you were on a catch-and-release mission -- conveniently leaving out the "release" part would be into a massive pot of boiling water.

Off to check out your PTR... (I really need to turn sigs back on. )
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #2679
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
UGGGGHHH! 2 weeks from right now, my flight will be 6 minutes from taking off!!!

It is slowly but surely sinking in that I will be in Disney again soon, and I am starting to not be able to concentrate now!!!

I haven't even started packing. If this was one of our family trips, I would have been packed 4 weeks ago!

I am so looking forward to my "grown up" trip with my BFF. I think we are going to have so much fun!
Candace 2 Weeks! Get packing! I felt guilty when I did Disney with a friend and my Boys were 27 & 37 I could never have gone away when they were younger but that is just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Wow! POFQ is getting magic bands now too???!!! Yippee! I check in to POFQ on dec 5-9 before that though, I'm at pop on dec 3 and POR on the 4th (both current testing resorts) but I haven't received any message to add my magic bands yet??? Still too far out I'm guessing- I want a pink one though and not the ugly grey one!
Marie Magic Bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Good afternoon! Going to try to catch up a bit while I have a free minute.

Candace - two weeks from tomorrow we finally meet

Koh - sorry you and DD still arent feeling well, and that you have so much going on Hopefully you can get some rest tonight and then tomorrow night will be great! I know how you feel, I texted DH today and asked if we could go out tomorrow night, he called and asked if something was wrong and I said no, I just need to feel like an adult for a bit

Shelia - I'm only 39 and I still need a resort break and/or nap sometimes We have stayed at all the All Stars and I agree, I hate them. Pop is a little newer and we havent stayed there, so I am willing to give it a try for one night, I think I didnt even look at AOA, as the LM rooms are never included in the discounts and a suite is too pricey for this trip.

Jeanette - such a pain when mommy stuff gets in the way of the Dis

Magic - I really want to use the FP+ for parade viewing and wishes, my AP's are screwing up my FP+ selection window, so I have to wait until we are there to make my selections, so not sure what I will be able to get. I am there Sept 27-29, meeting Ginny and Canadace that weekend And then back Oct 4-6 for F&W and meeting Lacey What weekend in Oct are you going?

Miss - glad you are feeling a bit better! I thought of you while I was in Target today We don't have Disney Infinity yet, it is on Steven's Hanukkah list, but I did read about the MB's with it. Sarah got pink, its cute. I have a pic over on my PTR.

Linda - enjoy OKW! I'll be interested to hear what you can still do with the MBs

SueM - yes definitely let me know when you are back down this way!!! Yep, love all the choices right there on University!!! Glad to hear you didn't mind Pop. It will only be for one night and I cant see spending $90 more to put as at POR just for queen size beds, although I keep debating it or even off prop just to have more room. Although I keep checking CR, knowing full well even if something opens up DH will never agree to pay $400-$500 for one night

Jen - you totally deserve BWI CL, do it now, you never know what tomorrow will bring! And like everyone said there is just something so magical about the Epcot resort area!

Got to go get the kiddos ready for karate. I'm sure I will be back latter this evening


Melissa
Melissa Bob never liked the look of the Values when they first built them I almost convinced him to stay in a LM room at AOA when they offer FD until he found out no coffee pot in room

I almost think My DS hit Sports at a bad time it was in Feb and he said food court was too noisey/crazy same with the pool
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #2680
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,289

So I was told today that once you have an ap linked to your magic band you can make FP+ rather you are staying on site or not. I think I'll do a little playing around on the app and see if it'll let me. Now that will be cool for Dec when Janet, Rosie and I are staying at the timeshare. Did you all know right now room keys from years ago work for getting paper fast passes? It's crazy! It's so slow that I really haven't needed them.

And in case you are wondering it is HOT!!! Let me repeat that .... HOT!!!

Hugs to all my RC ladies!!!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #2681
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,685

Jen! OMG. Not touching that FND thing with a ten foot pole! Some people

__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #2682
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So I was told today that once you have an ap linked to your magic band you can make FP+ rather you are staying on site or not. I think I'll do a little playing around on the app and see if it'll let me. Now that will be cool for Dec when Janet, Rosie and I are staying at the timeshare. Did you all know right now room keys from years ago work for getting paper fast passes? It's crazy! It's so slow that I really haven't needed them.

And in case you are wondering it is HOT!!! Let me repeat that .... HOT!!!

Hugs to all my RC ladies!!!
Linda Hope it works for your timeshare stay. Better you than me I can not do Hot
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #2683
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So I was told today that once you have an ap linked to your magic band you can make FP+ rather you are staying on site or not. I think I'll do a little playing around on the app and see if it'll let me. Now that will be cool for Dec when Janet, Rosie and I are staying at the timeshare. Did you all know right now room keys from years ago work for getting paper fast passes? It's crazy! It's so slow that I really haven't needed them.

And in case you are wondering it is HOT!!! Let me repeat that .... HOT!!!

Hugs to all my RC ladies!!!
Oh that is awesome! Thank you!! I have to wait to link my AP's until I am up there and exchange my renewal certificate. I can't link my existing AP's because they expire before we check in at Pop, so it automatically kicks those AP's out

I had no idea that you could use old room keys for FP. Then again we don't generally use FP because we use a GAC for Steven. But I would really love to try the BoG FP and the parade and wishes FP. And with the possibility of the GAC changing, knowing I can use alternate sources for FP could prove to be very beneficial.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #2684
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post



If you get stopped, you could just claim you were on a catch-and-release mission -- conveniently leaving out the "release" part would be into a massive pot of boiling water.

Off to check out your PTR... (I really need to turn sigs back on. )
Yeah catch and release right into my belly LMAO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Candace 2 Weeks! Get packing! I felt guilty when I did Disney with a friend and my Boys were 27 & 37 I could never have gone away when they were younger but that is just me.

Marie Magic Bands

Melissa Bob never liked the look of the Values when they first built them I almost convinced him to stay in a LM room at AOA when they offer FD until he found out no coffee pot in room

I almost think My DS hit Sports at a bad time it was in Feb and he said food court was too noisey/crazy same with the pool
I do hate the food courts! I think I am just going to bring stuff for breakfast so we don't have to deal with it. And WHAT, no coffee pot in the room???? Thank goodness I bring my travel Keurig wherever we go!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #2685
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Yeah catch and release right into my belly LMAO!!!!

I do hate the food courts! I think I am just going to bring stuff for breakfast so we don't have to deal with it. And WHAT, no coffee pot in the room???? Thank goodness I bring my travel Keurig wherever we go!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
They have a TRAVEL Keurig??? How awesome is that??
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: