Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #2656
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I have not, but I haven't linked my tickets so that might be a reason why. And, we will only be at POFQ for the first two days of October.

That's my TWO WEEK dance!!!!!
Are you going to check??

And YAHOO!!! for 2 weeks!!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #2657
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Are you going to check??

And YAHOO!!! for 2 weeks!!
I might be in the minority but I don't really want the Magic Band right now. That's why I have not linked my tickets. I am thinking of this as my last trip "the old way", and because we are only there for 6 days, and it's very Food & Wine intensive, I don't want to schedule any FP's. (We only have 1 ADR, and that's Raglan Road on our arrival night). I just don't want to.....

But, I'll jump on the bandwagon in preparation for our August trip. I just want to be free for one more trip.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #2658
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I might be in the minority but I don't really want the Magic Band right now. That's why I have not linked my tickets. I am thinking of this as my last trip "the old way", and because we are only there for 6 days, and it's very Food & Wine intensive, I don't want to schedule any FP's. (We only have 1 ADR, and that's Raglan Road on our arrival night). I just don't want to.....

But, I'll jump on the bandwagon in preparation for our August trip. I just want to be free for one more trip.
As of now if you are at a test resort they will give you a MB at check in if you haven't ordered one ahead of time. It will be gray. They will also give you the standard room key in case the MB doesn't work. I' ve been doing a little testing. I've scheduled my FP+ with the MB, used my current room key, my AP card and get this I've also been able to use my old expired room key for FPs. So in if I wanted I could have 7 FPs at the same time! Now I haven't done this cuzz it's such a slow time I really haven't needed many FPs at all. Also I'm now at OKW which is not a test resort but my magic band stll works. It's crazy!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #2659
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
As of now if you are at a test resort they will give you a MB at check in if you haven't ordered one ahead of time. It will be gray. They will also give you the standard room key in case the MB doesn't work. I' ve been doing a little testing. I've scheduled my FP+ with the MB, used my current room key, my AP card and get this I've also been able to use my old expired room key for FPs. So in if I wanted I could have 7 FPs at the same time! Now I haven't done this cuzz it's such a slow time I really haven't needed many FPs at all. Also I'm now at OKW which is not a test resort but my magic band stll works. It's crazy!
I think I'm safe! I just read that check-in's at POFQ starting 9/30/13 will get the Magic Bands. We have two check in dates, 9/27 and 9/29, so I don't think we will get one.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #2660
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Is you MB still valid for charging if your not at a test resort? Or is it only good for park admission and FP+? Curious because we have back to back weekends coming up and our first one is at Pop (for now) and we did get MBs.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #2661
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think I'm safe! I just read that check-in's at POFQ starting 9/30/13 will get the Magic Bands. We have two check in dates, 9/27 and 9/29, so I don't think we will get one.
I think you can opt out of testing anyway. They don't force you to use them, lol!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #2662
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I think you can opt out of testing anyway. They don't force you to use them, lol!

I've just been trying to fly under the radar as much as possible.

2 more weeks!!!! (not that I'm excited or anything)....

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #2663
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is you MB still valid for charging if your not at a test resort? Or is it only good for park admission and FP+? Curious because we have back to back weekends coming up and our first one is at Pop (for now) and we did get MBs.

I just moved resorts yesterday and I haven't tried using it for charging yet. Will do today and let you know.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #2664
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Thought it was odd I was able to make FP+ selections yesterday. Have no clue what I'm doing with that. Need to sit down and do a bit more research on what we've got planned.

Logged in this morning to be able to customize our MagicBands! Wooooot! I'm going to pick pink for Miss M -- wanna take bets I pick the wrong thing?

Also, anyone with Disney Infinity, you can get some special hoobiejoob if you so something or other with the band and the game -- get a dragon or somesuch?

Will be back in a jiffy for a real reply.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #2665
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning to all of you. I'm feeling slightly more energetic today, which means up to a snail's pace from a rock's but there ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
DH is home....he proceeded to remind me of....walking to Epcot, the boats (which I love immensely), not using all buses, the whole feel of the area, etc. etc. Sigh....he thinks I was just bored today, not true at all! I jus Dis I between tasks. Honest.
He is so right, Jen. The boats, the walking... you know you love it. For your family, I'd absolutely stick with CL. You know first-hand how useful it is to have the snack room. (Aren't I being the enabler today?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Miss weather is changing today still humid a little cooler and a cold front trying to come in, thank God for my naselnex it helps some.
How's it there today? We got COLD overnight here! Had to put on long sleeves this morning. Naselnex, YES! You've got me thinking, Miss M has some for when she's sick (it's the spray, I think?) ... I'm kinda tempted to take a bit. That's wrong of me. Will see if Dayquil has any effect first.

I bet they'll start adding more resorts -- or even just larger groups of folks -- as the test progresses. I've got hope that AKL will be included again. There's time yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
It is 10:00 and my 2 year old is still awake...
Oh no. Coffee to the rescue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314;49552013
Enjoy life to the fullest [B
jenny[/B] while you are young, your DH is right you need to treat yourself. You never know when Fate will raise its ugly head
Words of wisdom.

Quote:

That's my TWO WEEK dance!!!!!
Will we be getting a F&W report? Yes, yes please? Yep, I meant POFQ, y'all will like it, I'm sure. It's such a pretty little resort. Can't wait to hear what you think. It's one of the "if we stay Mod again" resorts along with POR.

Quote:
A check-in! How's OKW? I hope you're having a wonderful time, GG.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #2666
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
I might be in the minority but I don't really want the Magic Band right now. I just want to be free for one more trip.
I agree completely. Since I find it to be too much when we schedule too many ADRs, the idea of also scheduling FPs has me a bit The only FP+ I could be all with is Toy Story Mania 'cause it's such a bugger. But I am sure I will EVOLVE.
The worst part of the FP+ planning implementation stuff we saw was that in August they took down attractions that never had long lines, reconfigured them, and installed a FP+ line. Now even "meh" rides had a line, like Great Movie Ride.

Quote:
Also I'm now at OKW which is not a test resort but my magic band stll works. It's crazy!
Hope you are having a great time GG! OKW is so pretty and relaxing.

Quote:
Remind me of your back-to-back weekend dates and where you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
[B]Enjoy life to the fullest jenny while you are young, your DH is right you need to treat yourself. You never know when Fate will raise its ugly head.
How very well said. "Young" goes by quickly, too. Like when the mind says "go, go, go" and the body says "maybe lets go back to the resort for an hour and 'relax'."

MAGIC...itis! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #2667
pas130
DIS Veteran

A big to all! I was catching up...but Mommy stuff calls and its off to work later!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #2668
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
I agree completely. Since I find it to be too much when we schedule too many ADRs, the idea of also scheduling FPs has me a bit The only FP+ I could be all with is Toy Story Mania 'cause it's such a bugger. But I am sure I will EVOLVE.
The worst part of the FP+ planning implementation stuff we saw was that in August they took down attractions that never had long lines, reconfigured them, and installed a FP+ line. Now even "meh" rides had a line, like Great Movie Ride.

Hope you are having a great time GG! OKW is so pretty and relaxing.

Remind me of your back-to-back weekend dates and where you are.

How very well said. "Young" goes by quickly, too. Like when the mind says "go, go, go" and the body says "maybe lets go back to the resort for an hour and 'relax'."

MAGIC Feeling like I'm about 160 today instead of 60 Holy Crap I still can not believe I am this old *
It is amazing how a resort break to nap or relax is vital now
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
A big to all! I was catching up...but Mommy stuff calls and its off to work later!
Jeanette Have a good night at work

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 09-13-2013 at 01:01 PM.
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #2669
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

TGIF and DEAR day in my classes today. That's all I have to say. So last night DD was still awake at 10pm and had a rather restless night which meant I was up and down most of it too. I gave her some meds before bed, but maybe Benadryl would help her sleep instead? I'm a little over halfway through my antibiotic and I still sound horrible, although I do feel better at least. But couple DD's restless night with DH having to take MIL to the ER for swelling and some pain. Didn't know if it was a possible blood clot. Took them 4 hours to get an ultrasound and rule out a clot. Probably just side effect of the steroid and some sciatic nerve pain. Had a bit of a meltdown after he left since I hardly saw him or talked to him last night (he went out for beers with a friend of his and called me on his way home to ask me to get his stuff out so he could leave quickly for the ER).

Thankfully, we have a date night tomorrow night. Dinner (not sure where yet) and then to see Rent at the outdoor theatre we have here. So looking forward to getting out of the house and (hate to admit) getting away from the kids for even a few hours!

Ok, that's my vent for today. :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #2670
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Heya Jeanette. Super Mom! Hope work goes by smoothly and with the least amount of stress as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
So missoutandabout and gwynne: Are you dismeeting?
We miss each other methinks. Ginny's going soon and I'm not there until the end of Oct.

Sheila: Hope you're able to catch a little nap / relaxation time today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Ok, that's my vent for today. :-)
Positive thoughts your family's way. Enjoy your night out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: