Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #241
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
Can anyone tell me how close to our trip I can change resorts?
I believe there are people who have changed resorts on their way to the resort. And even after checking in.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #242
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

But after you 45 days ( to check in) they can charge you a fee for changing..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #243
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
But after you 45 days ( to check in) they can charge you a fee for changing..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
For a package this is true. Room only reservations do not charge a fee to be changed.

My Trip Reports:

Old 06-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #244
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Yeah right...keep saying that Linda and maybe you will believe it Is this the combo Universal trip? Hey maybe I can join you on the ToT (and this time we enter the race when we are on site for a marathon... ).
So do you want to do the 2014 ToT 10K???? Isn't this the one that is done at night? I really love the idea of a race when it isn't hot!!! I could do a week at Disney and then move over to Universal ....

I'm sitting here laughing .... because I know you don't plan this far in advance and you must be thinking what have I gotten myself into!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #245
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Just popping in quickly to say...

Jeanette - I told you to stay put when you booked BLT so I can have your honest review....so I stay it again....DO NOT CHANGE!!!

Hugs to everyone!! Another busy day tomorrow but I will try to pop in when I can

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 06-18-2013, 01:24 AM   #246
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Jan 2014 is up on the website!!! I'm sure the rest of 2014 soon to follow!!!!

Thanks, now I can price out out Jan trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Ok, so I don't think I caught everything between Friday and tonight, BUT I did read most of the posts I think!! :-)

So, Friday after I was done teaching summer school, I was on the highway on my way home (about a 15 minute drive total) and the radio turned off, lights on the dash all started coming on and all the gauges suddenly dropped to 0. Had to quickly pull over to the shoulder so as not to get rear ended when I completely lost all power. Couldn't even put my hazards on.

DH came and called a tow truck to get it o the dealership. Still under warranty so it should cover it. They are pretty certain it was the alternator. It went out and so I was running completely off battery and when that was used up, the car was done. Charged the battery up just fine, and the alternator should be ale to be changed out by Tuesday. Until then I get to drive DH's car. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
that sounds very scary!! Glad you could pull over safely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
My 5 page multiquote went POOF UGH

Sheila Not that I condone beating the sense into one's hubby...BUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Another change for Janet.....

7/19-7/21 will now be BLT BLV
Congrats!! Until you cha cha change again

Quote:
Miss -- do you HAVE to call the clown that?? Even I'm a bit creeped out by it then!! :-)

I'm always creeped out by the clown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I believe there are people who have changed resorts on their way to the resort. And even after checking in.

surely not anyone from this thread!!

Trying to get caught up!!

Linda you should totally do the 10k

Wookie sounds like a great lasagne. Yum.

Getting the sutures out tomorrow I can't wait!! Sponge baths and washing hair in sink is getting real old!

Puppy Sophie is coming right along. For those who asked, I would post pics if I knew how, she sure is cute!

Hope everyone enjoyed Father's Day Sunday!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:33 AM   #247
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Wookie sounds like a great lasagne. Yum.
It was really awesome, even in left over form.

Quote:
Getting the sutures out tomorrow I can't wait!! Sponge baths and washing hair in sink is getting real old!
WOOT!! I bet it'll be the best bath ever!!

Quote:
Puppy Sophie is coming right along. For those who asked, I would post pics if I knew how, she sure is cute!

Hope everyone enjoyed Father's Day Sunday!
I can't wait to see the pictures of your new fur-baby.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #248
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone!

We finally made it back.....

The trip was wonderful and very relaxing....weather couldn't have been more perfect. Of course we made 100s of pictures no shock there. Spent most of our time in bathing suits by the pool/beach. Rented a golf cart one day and rode around Isla Mujeres...very cool. Did the dolphin swim which the kids loved....boys did some tarpon fishing in the lagoons (with huge crocodiles...which made me very nervous!) And enjoyed a plethora of fruity drinks

Spent yesterday washing clothes and unpacking. Have lots of catching up to do on the Boards since I only pulled my computer out twice while on vacation.

Now back to reading....
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #249
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

The trip was wonderful and very relaxing....weather couldn't have been more perfect. Of course we made 100s of pictures no shock there. Spent most of our time in bathing suits by the pool/beach. Rented a golf cart one day and rode around Isla Mujeres...very cool. Did the dolphin swim which the kids loved....boys did some tarpon fishing in the lagoons (with huge crocodiles...which made me very nervous!) And enjoyed a plethora of fruity drinks

Spent yesterday washing clothes and unpacking. Have lots of catching up to do on the Boards since I only pulled my computer out twice while on vacation.

Now back to reading....
Heather
Glad you made it home and can't wait to see more pics!! It looks amazing!! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #250
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Heather: Welcome back! Sounds like a fab trip! What a beautiful place.

Sue: glad to hear you are getting your suttures out, and count me in as wanting to see the puppy pics too!

Jeanette: BLT...awesome! Sounds perfect to me!!Is that it now?

Wookie: I saw that about Star Wars land too! 2018 is so far off though!

Melissa: Hope the appointment went ok, and you have some time for yourself today. Check in when you can.

Janet: Thanks, DD8 was really proud of herself, she was also in the girls relay. This was my girl who as a little one was soooo shy, nervous and anxious. She has changed into a confident girl now not afraid to try anything.

Candace: POP sounds great for you and your BFF, why spend a lot of your room when you will hardly ever be in it? I am sure you two will be shutting down the parks!

Miss: All the songs I like right now have some sort of inappropriate lyrics too, UGH, usually I just end up playing then anyway. The DD's always seem to get the words wrong anyway! It 's hilarious!

Well, not too much going on over here. Have to do some major last minute running around today for DD8 (soon to be 9 ) birthday tomorrow! I can't believe it, not that she is nine but that I am not finished shopping for her!! She didn't want a big party this year, just her BFF sleeping over on Friday and a BBQ. I must say I like that. I am sort of over the big parties.

Also have to get new tires on our van, my parents are coming over so hopefully I can convince my Mom to chauffeur me around to get more presents!

Have a great day everyone!

Jen
Old 06-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #251
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you made it home and can't wait to see more pics!! It looks amazing!! :-)

Thanks!! And you shouldn't have said that ...I could possibly bore you with more. You have no idea how many pictures we get when on vacations Like in the 1000s no lie.... (my dad and I are a bit obsessed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Heather: Welcome back! Sounds like a fab trip! What a beautiful place.
Thanks! We had a blast! Now it's time to start planning my 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Well, not too much going on over here. Have to do some major last minute running around today for DD8 (soon to be 9 ) birthday tomorrow! I can't believe it, not that she is nine but that I am not finished shopping for her!! She didn't want a big party this year, just her BFF sleeping over on Friday and a BBQ. I must say I like that. I am sort of over the big parties.

Also have to get new tires on our van, my parents are coming over so hopefully I can convince my Mom to chauffeur me around to get more presents!

Have a great day everyone!

Jen
I know exactly what you mean! We were super excited that DD7 didn't want a party, and wanted to go to WDW instead....works for me!

Good luck with the tires...never a cheap endeavor.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #252
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So do you want to do the 2014 ToT 10K???? Isn't this the one that is done at night? I really love the idea of a race when it isn't hot!!! I could do a week at Disney and then move over to Universal ....

I'm sitting here laughing .... because I know you don't plan this far in advance and you must be thinking what have I gotten myself into!!!

Linda, several of my Disney friends have done the TOT 10k and it is usually hot and humid. It would still be fun for you two ....but I think you should go for the half in January. It would be perfect for you and Janet!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #253
shannon006
DIS Veteran

First time poster on this board

You can see my by sig that we have had many trips to WDW. Our next trip is just DH and me, mid September for 5 nights, with FD. We were going to go on a couples retreat with our church in the fall, but when FD came out, we said, hey, we can go to WDW for not a lot more, so that was the plan. Stay at the POP, which we truly do love. However we love the water taxi and have looked into staying at Riverside. There is nothing available, and I have been looking for awhile. The theme at French Quarter isn't really for us. However Coronado Springs has room available at our time frame. Since we are trying to do this on a budget, we would have to not do the Wild Africa Trek if we chose to do this. We had lunch at the Pepper Market last year, and loved the resort. There are no conventions listed on the WDW site.

Thoughts
Old 06-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #254
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Good morning Have a few minutes so figured I would finally try to catch up.

Christine - LOVE your new avatar And happy to see you here on the boards

Heather - love the pics!!!! Looks like you had an amazing time Glad you got through the laundry and unpacking yesterday, I always feel like I am unpacking for days

Jen - I totally hear you, I love the fact that we are past big parties now. I hope your mom can chauffeur you around today while the tires are being done. Doing things for myself today, but taking Sarah with me as I cannot leave her home with the boys, she fights with them to much

SueM - YAY for being able to take a real shower I do totally remember that! Before knee surgery I had a cast from ankle to hip to immobilize the leg and showering was impossible If you want, I can try to walk you through posting a pic or you can email me the pics and I will post them for you. Just send me a PM.

Wookie - I hate the discrepancies between the Disney menus and the apps, not to mention all the websites have something different posted. With the Wave, the menu is constantly changing based on local ingredients and the chefs, so it is hard to plan that one.

Miss - I am still cracking up about the lyrics. My kids are exposed to some pretty bad lyrics too I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that something opens up at BC or YC

Got to run, didn't get as far as I wanted, too many interruptions. But wishing everyone a happy day

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 06-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #255
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Now back to reading....
Heather
Heather Welcome Home! Love your pictures, especially the family portrait

Can not wait to see more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
First time poster on this board

You can see my by sig that we have had many trips to WDW. Our next trip is just DH and me, mid September for 5 nights, with FD. We were going to go on a couples retreat with our church in the fall, but when FD came out, we said, hey, we can go to WDW for not a lot more, so that was the plan. Stay at the POP, which we truly do love. However we love the water taxi and have looked into staying at Riverside. There is nothing available, and I have been looking for awhile. The theme at French Quarter isn't really for us. However Coronado Springs has room available at our time frame. Since we are trying to do this on a budget, we would have to not do the Wild Africa Trek if we chose to do this. We had lunch at the Pepper Market last year, and loved the resort. There are no conventions listed on the WDW site.

Thoughts
Shannon Love CSR

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: