Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #2521
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Woohoo!!! Jenny sounds great!!! I really want to try BWI CL on one of my trips definitely looking forward to your review
Thanks Marie, hoping we love it there! Just an FYI, I will PM our Boston video soon...yes its that time again! If anyone wants to see it let me know.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #2522
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thanks Marie, hoping we love it there! Just an FYI, I will PM our Boston video soon...yes its that time again! If anyone wants to see it let me know.
I always enjoy your fun vacation videos. I am looking forward to this one!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #2523
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I gave in to my wonderful husband and, for now, he will get his BWI CL Stay!!!

Now I'm going to have to swim with Pennywise...
Great choice! I think you all will love the Boardwalk!

TY Kook
Old 09-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #2524
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
During our YC stay, was it just a week ago we ate at Flying Fish, and all the Boardwalk restaurants. We all enjoyed our meals there!
But what scored top points was my meal at Kuzzina. I had the Fisherman's stew. Wow! Go figure. You'd think it should be at Flying Fish!!
That's great to hear about the Fisherman's stew. We may just have to make a reservation.

TY Kook
Old 09-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #2525
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Candace! I can't wait to hear how you like POFQ! I'm waiting with baited breath.

With this said -- Christine and I have decided to save $500 and perhaps the chance of a bad standard view at WL and go with our Riverview room at POFQ.

It may be a mod,but it's much more in our budget and very pretty. I love the Nola theme!

I feel much more settled now after the decision has FINAlly been made, it only took 2 RCers 3 days and probably 1,000 emails, literally to decide!!!

This is my trip to try EVERYTHING new! First night I'm at POP with Rosie, Second night Rosie, Christine and I are at POR in a royal room Riverview! and then dec 5-9 at POFQ with Christine ... Whew! Three resorts in 6 days, now that's some RC'ing
I am looking forward to POFQ as well!!! I am a little nervous since it is my return to the moderate resorts...the only other mod we've stayed at is CBR and did.not.care.for.it.at.all...

POFQ seems a lot different than CBR though, so I'm hoping it will be great! as DH said, if I hate it, at least I'm going during F&W so I can consume plenty of adult beverage to perhaps make me like it better.

Quote:
Hi Marie, Sheila, Dani, Lacey and Koh! Just got off work, but wanted to say Candace: Our DH's must be in sync today, BWI CL it is for us and its going to stay. I will give you a complete review I promise!

I am not afraid of the slide, I will call it the rollercoaster slide! and it shall be my friend!!
Gotta give the guys what they want sometimes! DH is such a trooper. While he definitely enjoys Disney, he goes through "Disney fatigue" from all of my planning sometimes, so to let him have his resort choice....you should have seen his face....

Quote:
I'd love to see it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Great choice! I think you all will love the Boardwalk!
We love that whole area so I don't think there is anything not to love...except the clown....but, really...Its a roller coaster slide, and it's my friend

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #2526
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Gwynne Help lol

GM All So desperately trying to come up with a new trip plan from my park days to switching around ADRs and finding availability very slim.

Gwynne I saw you mention you did the Wanyama Safari 2X. I am trying to research it have looked at a couple of reviews and thinking it might work if I can book it for my trip.

Problem I am having trouble finding anything out as to how to book it and the cost? Since I plan to eat at Jiko anyhow seems like this might be a good plan?

Another question I see your in the back of a truck... Is it terribly bouncy/bumpy? Worried about Bobs back.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #2527
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Candace! I can't wait to hear how you like POFQ! I'm waiting with baited breath.

With this said -- Christine and I have decided to save $500 and perhaps the chance of a bad standard view at WL and go with our Riverview room at POFQ.

It may be a mod,but it's much more in our budget and very pretty. I love the Nola theme!

I feel much more settled now after the decision has FINAlly been made, it only took 2 RCers 3 days and probably 1,000 emails, literally to decide!!!

This is my trip to try EVERYTHING new! First night I'm at POP with Rosie, Second night Rosie, Christine and I are at POR in a royal room Riverview! and then dec 5-9 at POFQ with Christine ... Whew! Three resorts in 6 days, now that's some RC'ing
Marie You will love POFQ it is the first Mod in fact our first onsite resort stay and we stayed there 2x. It is small and compact and the Mardi Gras type music just puts you into a mood

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #2528
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Marie You will love POFQ it is the first Mod in fact our first onsite resort stay and we stayed there 2x. It is small and compact and the Mardi Gras type music just puts you into a mood
Thank you Shelia! That eases my mind I'm stepping out of my norm and comfort zone, but it's the perfect time to try something new I wouldn't actually book on a family trip! I'm excited and love the quaintness of it, the compactness won't hurt either with all the park walking I do while at Disney! I'll live that nothing is very far from the room

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #2529
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GM All So desperately trying to come up with a new trip plan from my park days to switching around ADRs and finding availability very slim.

Gwynne I saw you mention you did the Wanyama Safari 2X. I am trying to research it have looked at a couple of reviews and thinking it might work if I can book it for my trip.

Problem I am having trouble finding anything out as to how to book it and the cost? Since I plan to eat at Jiko anyhow seems like this might be a good plan?

Another question I see your in the back of a truck... Is it terribly bouncy/bumpy? Worried about Bobs back.
Hi Sheila,
The Wanyama Safari is booked through AKL CL. You don't have to be staying CL, just at Jambo or Kidani. The number is: 407-938-4755. If another resort answers, just tell them you need to speak to AKL CL.

They are happy to answer any questions you may have. I would ask them about how bouncy the ride is. I really don't remember, I don't think it was. They can also answer any questions you might have about accessibility.

Yes, I've been twice. The first time it was just Dh and me, the other parties were no shows. That was a memorable trip!
The second time it was full, 12 people including an 11 yo. Very fun, great food, as usual.

If you book the Wanyama Safari, I probably wouldn't book Jiko as well. The portions are generous, you won't go away hungry, that's for sure. The dinner is served family style. Lots of fun tasting, enjoying the amazing food that comes from Jiko! Wine is included.
The price (as far as I know this is currently accurate) is $190.64. per person. I am fairly certain that includes tax and gratuity. The CL concierge folks could confirm this for you. It's not cheap, that's for sure. I do think it's worth it. It's just amazing to be so close to the animals out on the Savanna. And then there is the dinner, yum!!!

Here are a few more details from allears:
http://allears.net/acc/faq_aklsunset.htm

Let me know if I can help with any other questions, I am happy to!

TY Kook
Old 09-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #2530
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you Shelia! That eases my mind I'm stepping out of my norm and comfort zone, but it's the perfect time to try something new I wouldn't actually book on a family trip! I'm excited and love the quaintness of it, the compactness won't hurt either with all the park walking I do while at Disney! I'll live that nothing is very far from the room
Hi Marie, I agree with Sheila! POFQ is very special. It's by far our favorite mod. I love that place.

TY Kook
Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #2531
sjs314

Quote:
Hi Sheila,
The Wanyama Safari is booked through AKL CL. You don't have to be staying CL, just at Jambo or Kidani. The number is: 407-938-4755. If another resort answers, just tell them you need to speak to AKL CL.

They are happy to answer any questions you may have. I would ask them about how bouncy the ride is. I really don't remember, I don't think it was. They can also answer any questions you might have about accessibility.

Yes, I've been twice. The first time it was just Dh and me, the other parties were no shows. That was a memorable trip!
The second time it was full, 12 people including an 11 yo. Very fun, great food, as usual.

If you book the Wanyama Safari, I probably wouldn't book Jiko as well. The portions are generous, you won't go away hungry, that's for sure. The dinner is served family style. Lots of fun tasting, enjoying the amazing food that comes from Jiko! Wine is included.
The price (as far as I know this is currently accurate) is $190.64. per person. I am fairly certain that includes tax and gratuity. The CL concierge folks could confirm this for you. It's not cheap, that's for sure. I do think it's worth it. It's just amazing to be so close to the animals out on the Savanna. And then there is the dinner, yum!!!

Here are a few more details from allears:
http://allears.net/acc/faq_aklsunset.htm

Let me know if I can help with any other questions, I am happy to!
gwynne Thank You so much. I think it sounds fantastic now to first convince Bob due to the $$$ but in all honestly since it includes the meal totally worth it. With my luck the only night available will be our BOG night

Thanks again!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #2532
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeanette no CL just I really started wanting to stay someplace other than BW again the more I thought about it and I really wanted to go back to AKL. Last time I stayed standard and it really did not bother me as I spent my time outside photographing the animals which will suit me just fine if Bob poopers out on me.

CL not a good thing for me anyway too many foods I should not be eating anyhow with my diabetes and I love Bomas and The Mara and get to try Sanaa and Jiko finally plus save close to $1000.

As for F&W we will still head over there but just for 2 days now I think.
AKL is sooooooooo AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I know DS would love to go back, but I wasn't sure how much resort time we would really have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Sellout!!! Just kidding Sheila! I LOVED AKL. I just hate that WL and AKL don't have standard rooms for 5 like the other deluxes!! I got up in the morning, headed to the Mara for coffee and then took my camera all over the resort for pictures. It was awesome. SOOOO peaceful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylfitz View Post
Thanks! We we would never be able to pay rack rate for any of those, but we are very thankful to Disney for its generosity to the military.
You'll find lots of military love here on this thread. For all the military families sacrifice, you deserve fantastic trips!!! Rack rate at any WDW resort is painful to pay in my opinion....when are you going??? Who's in the party?? We like details!!!

Quote:
Me to DH: How about we just go back to the WL?

DH to Me: How about you just BWI like I asked and do what I want for once...?

He's really sticking to his guns....
Sounds familiar...minus the BWI part

Quote:
I gave in to my wonderful husband and, for now, he will get his BWI CL Stay!!!

Now I'm going to have to swim with Pennywise...
Really???

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I pouted like a child when I read this, as if I was the one being told no.
Me too...and sis we may be at the Poly too...construction and all next summer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We just did a GF stay Pre YC. Only 2 days, cause I never stayed at GF, and wondered if I'd like it. We it!!! My daughter didn't want to leave. Poor dear, she had to leave GF for YC lol! I was actually surprised at how much I liked it.
LOVE the GF!!!

Quote:
I am not afraid of the slide, I will call it the rollercoaster slide! and it shall be my friend!!
It is SOME slide...my DS12 always BEGS for that slide
Quote:
Me Me Me!!!!

Quote:
I always enjoy your fun vacation videos. I am looking forward to this one!
Oh, me too!!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #2533
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Jumping in! I hope you all dont mind... I have been reading for awhile and havent booked our 2014 trip yet BUT I cant decide where to stay! We are a family of 5, me Erin 31 and my DH followed by my 13yo, 9yo and 5yo DD's(my 13yo wont be joining us on this trip as she says she cant stand Disney.... this CAN NOT be my child!) any way, we love POR but i keep leaning towards trying a deluxe like WL or AKL. I know I have lots of time to decide..... or change

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #2534
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
AKL is sooooooooo AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I know DS would love to go back, but I wasn't sure how much resort time we would really have.

You'll find lots of military love here on this thread. For all the military families sacrifice, you deserve fantastic trips!!! Rack rate at any WDW resort is painful to pay in my opinion....when are you going??? Who's in the party?? We like details!!!

Sounds familiar...minus the BWI part

Really???

Me too...and sis we may be at the Poly too...construction and all next summer...

LOVE the GF!!!

It is SOME slide...my DS12 always BEGS for that slide
Me Me Me!!!!

Oh, me too!!
Jeanette I see your standing strong with WL I have to say WL was/is still tugging on me hard Yep I was over checking this am on availability but I got Bob to want to try AKL and you know I should leave well enough alone. He has heard me talk about AKL for years.

I even did a video from all the still pics I took on my stay in 2006 with the Time of your life song I need to find that video!

As for the Poly did you happen to read how they handed out flashlights last night because power was to be off from 2-3am

I use a CPAP machine and that would have been a BIG inconvenience for me disturbing my sleep in the middle of the night

Now maybe if they offer 50% off during the construction I would be willing to put up with the inconveniences of walls and GCH remodel but not for 30-35% only

I am trying to save some $$$ and maybe make it back for F&G in 2014(shhhhhh Bob don't know I'm plotting)

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 09-10-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 09-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #2535
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Jumping in! I hope you all dont mind... I have been reading for awhile and havent booked our 2014 trip yet BUT I cant decide where to stay! We are a family of 5, me Erin 31 and my DH followed by my 13yo, 9yo and 5yo DD's(my 13yo wont be joining us on this trip as she says she cant stand Disney.... this CAN NOT be my child!) any way, we love POR but i keep leaning towards trying a deluxe like WL or AKL. I know I have lots of time to decide..... or change
Erin!!! We LOVE new peeps here!! My family loves the "dark side" AKA Universal..which has keep me away from WDW on more than one occasion. Your DD13 is not even coming? That stinks, it must make it hard for you as a momma. My DH was saying how we show not do Disney next summer as planned, and my Universal loving kids were like NO we WANT to go to Disneyworld..I was SO relieved!!

There's always PLENTY of time to change! I've never stayed at POR, but there's LOTS of love for just about every resort on this thread!!! I hope you enjoy hangin with these wonderful RCers, they have become family to me

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: