Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #2431
trishadono
DIS Veteran

My first trip was alone with my daddy at age 15 (1979).

He took each of us 4 kids on an alone trip when we were to turn 16(he impatient we all went at 15). Of course I picked the Magic Kingdom

Not surprising that I now do mom n me trips with my kids

My dd18 has been 36 times. Yes we have a problem.BUT we live in cold NY and visit family and then only a few days at disney most times .

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #2432
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Jen!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #2433
pas130
DIS Veteran

My one and only childhood Disney trip was at age 11 or 12. DH had his first visit with me at 25 Oldest DS was 8. Grand total for me will be 15 in December

And I'm still at wl .. off to work soon 48 hr from tonight to sunday.boy will I be exhausted Monday. LOL
Old 09-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #2434
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am insane in the membrane
Ooooohhhhhh, I am laughing so hard. Love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
...with your bad self!
Love that too! My funny bone is getting rocked today!

jennyjinx: Happy Birthday to you!

pas130: I've missed your ch-ch-changes.

Minnie&Nana: I am sooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!

Chimo2u: Continued best wishes for DH, and sending big hug to you for DFIL. Hoping surgery is successful.

Wookie: Safe travels to you! Have a Magical time!!!

disneydreamin247: Glad you are back safe-n-sound from the NJ shore.

JanetB: Ssssssssssup???

Missoutandabout: I am happy the first days of school are going well for DD. I keep messing up your trip details. You are coming soon, right? I've had you going to WDW since the end of May!

Gwynne: Your time is getting close! Your plans sound lovely.

Sheila: Lucky 13! Keep on keeping on with Bob. It sounds like all your plans are coming along nicely. And hold steady on the BWI CL, ya hear!!!!!???!!!

Koh1977: Thinking of you and your MIL.

Mousemommy1: 3 weeks!!!! Fun fun fun.

We just got back from NC. Mom and dad joined us and we had a LOVELY time! Mom did better than she has in years. I have no idea what has come over her but fingers crossed it sticks for a little longer. I miss her...

I've read along and am keeping up with you all. Sorry if I missed anyone.

I just made my 180 day ADRs for our Feb/March Bday & Anniv trip. I tried to keep them FWC centric since we are still hangin' tough in the woods!!!!!! So far I've got:
CRT breakfast, whaaaaaat!? DH wants to go. I think he just wants to see the inside of the Castle, or else he's a closet Princess perv.;
BOG (for DH to try, his first time, although he isn't crazy about going);
CG again for if he decides not to do BOG. We'll decide soon;
ChefM dinner (a good buffet? I still can't believe how good it was in August);
and Mickey's Backyard BBQ (should be nice in the cool, dry weather... and convenient to FWC).
Old 09-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #2435
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I'm supposed to be putting away my truckload of groceries but I took a break to hide in the potty and check on my favorite friends. Don't tell on me! I left the kids watching Doc McStuffins and snuck away for a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Not too shabby at all. I did not make my first trip until 1989 at the old age of 36

November will be trip 13 for me !

I finally made it to DisneyLand at the ripe old age of 54 proving Dreams Do Come True
My first trip was in 89 for my 5th birthday! There was 5 of us crammed in a tiny Days Inn room. Maybe that's why I have a propensity to stay deluxe. I'll blame it all on my parents. My next trip was when I was 12 and for one part of it we were AGAIN crammed in a tiny Days Inn, this time 6 of us and I was relegated to sleeping on the floor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post

Chimo2u: Continued best wishes for DH, and sending big hug to you for DFIL. Hoping surgery is successful.

Missoutandabout: I am happy the first days of school are going well for DD. I keep messing up your trip details. You are coming soon, right? I've had you going to WDW since the end of May!

Sheila: Lucky 13! Keep on keeping on with Bob. It sounds like all your plans are coming along nicely. And hold steady on the BWI CL, ya hear!!!!!???!!!

We just got back from NC. Mom and dad joined us and we had a LOVELY time! Mom did better than she has in years. I have no idea what has come over her but fingers crossed it sticks for a little longer. I miss her...

I just made my 180 day ADRs for our Feb/March Bday & Anniv trip. I tried to keep them FWC centric since we are still hangin' tough in the woods!!!!!! So far I've got:
CRT breakfast, whaaaaaat!? DH wants to go. I think he just wants to see the inside of the Castle, or else he's a closet Princess perv.;
and Mickey's Backyard BBQ (should be nice in the cool, dry weather... and convenient to FWC).
Love your ADR plans!!! I have to get on the ball for mine.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #2436
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post

Janet I am jealous your DH wants to do CRT, Bob has given the thumbs down to character meals

Bob actually requested going back to BOG and wants to eat in the Ballroom, we were in the library ? Last time ? It was dark is all I know lol

Quote:
I'm supposed to be putting away my truckload of groceries but I took a break to hide in the potty and check on my favorite friends. Don't tell on me! I left the kids watching Doc McStuffins and snuck away for a minute.

My first trip was in 89 for my 5th birthday! There was 5 of us crammed in a tiny Days Inn room. Maybe that's why I have a propensity to stay deluxe. I'll blame it all on my parents. My next trip was when I was 12 and for one part of it we were AGAIN crammed in a tiny Days Inn, this time 6 of us and I was relegated to sleeping on the floor!

Love your ADR plans!!! I have to get on the ball for mine.
Our first 2 trips we stayed at the Travelodge, I booked in Jan for Easter trip, were you there Easter week in '89? If so maybe we crossed paths

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #2437
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Okay I will play!

I was 35 on my first trip in Oct 2010 and we stayed offsite in a rented house which was way too much work for me Next trip was Sept 2011 and we stayed at the Poly, Sept 2012 Poly, May 2013 BC and our first taste of CL.

DH was 12 on his first trip, he actually didn't enjoy himself that much. The trip was geared more towards his 9 year old twin sisters. Now he is a fanatic too.

Hope you are all having a Good Friday night!

Jen
Old 09-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #2438
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Disneyland???

Okay Disney World vs Disneyland.....discuss!

Our cousins are trying to talk us into DL over spring break, March 15-22. I would have to give up BLT obviously, and we would have to switch from a low crowd week at WDW to a high crowd week at DL. Just don't know if its worth it.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #2439
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Sheila No, we were there on February for my birthday and it actually snowed! lol It was SO cold out and they were selling out of sweatshirts because it was the end of Feb/beginning of March so they weren't expecting the cold snap.

Melissa My vote for DL is only if you sedate the kids for the 6 hour flight
Old 09-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #2440
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Ladies, we were on page 2

Okay, so my Easter plans are scrapped and I'm starting over. I thought Easter was the 27th. WRONG! Turns out Easter is the 20th. Now I'm reworking my calculations. Stay tuned.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #2441
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ladies, we were on page 2

Okay, so my Easter plans are scrapped and I'm starting over. I thought Easter was the 27th. WRONG! Turns out Easter is the 20th. Now I'm reworking my calculations. Stay tuned.
So glad I brought that to your attention, LMAO!!! So now what's the plans???? Feb 1-8 will be a great week to be there value season and gets you out of snowy New York!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #2442
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
So glad I brought that to your attention, LMAO!!! So now what's the plans???? Feb 1-8 will be a great week to be there value season and gets you out of snowy New York!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
STILL going for Easter. Now I am pushing my plans back a week and running the budget. May have to scale back a few nights and do 11 instead of 14.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #2443
trishadono
DIS Veteran

I have always wanted to try Disneyland!!!! We live in NY so not easy.

Maybe now dd in college we can do together as treat. Next summer WWOHP but summer after ?????

Which hotel is good? Paradise Pier or Disneyland ?

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 09-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #2444
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I have always wanted to try Disneyland!!!! We live in NY so not easy.

Maybe now dd in college we can do together as treat. Next summer WWOHP but summer after ?????

Which hotel is good? Paradise Pier or Disneyland ?
When we went to DL in 2007 there was never any question DisneyLand Hotel All the way, and it had to be in the original Main Tower!

I would love to go back there now since the remodel but I doubt that will happen. I do have to say there was something very very special about staying in DL Hotel, walking were Walt did and looking at the pictures in the lobby of all the famous people who stayed they as guests of Walt

Plus I was on such a high finally getting there after waiting since I was just a little girl.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #2445
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
When we went to DL in 2007 there was never any question DisneyLand Hotel All the way, and it had to be in the original Main Tower!

I would love to go back there now since the remodel but I doubt that will happen. I do have to say there was something very very special about staying in DL Hotel, walking were Walt did and looking at the pictures in the lobby of all the famous people who stayed they as guests of Walt

Plus I was on such a high finally getting there after waiting since I was just a little girl.
Oh, you make it sound wonderful

Don't know about main tower, guess I need to research

My dd always writes about disney for school. Her first paper at college, yep about Disney.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: