Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #226
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Just read through all that transpired in the last few hours! :-)

Of course now I'm itching for a change...actually a split stay would be nice, especially since DH says no Disney for a LONG while... :-/ Although I too would like a Colorado cabin vacation on the Big Thompson River or a beach vacation somewhere, how long is a LONG while??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #227
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

Of course now I'm itching for a change...actually a split stay would be nice, especially since DH says no Disney for a LONG while... :-/ Although I too would like a Colorado cabin vacation on the Big Thompson River or a beach vacation somewhere, how long is a LONG while??

Anything more than a year is a long while! My plan is Dec 2013 (Granny trip) and then ..... early 2015 ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it .... for now .... maybe .....
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #228
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Wookie - glad everyone's ok!

Thank you. We were glad it wasn't more serious. I'm still not sure what happened. Something about the other person not yielding when they should have, causing one of the aunt to hit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
wookie That's a lotta sauce!
It really is. Normally, we have a lot of sauce left over. The last time I made it, I put the left over sauce in a metal bowl which I covered with foil. Since the bowl was so full, the foil touched the sauce in at least one place. The next day I went to get something out of that frig and noticed there was a hole in the foil. When I looked closer their was something silver on the sauce under the hole. The only thing we could figure out, is that the sauce had so many tomatoes in it, that the acid from the tomatoes ate through the foil.
This time, I didn't have any sauce left over, since I used bigger pans. I did have the equivalent of a little over 1 whole lasagna.

Quote:
wookie Yum....I never put black olives in my lasagna but my youngest boy would have loved it, his favorite pizza was mushrooms and black olives
I don't like black olives. If I did, I would probably try adding them to the sauce between the end of the mushrooms getting done and adding the tomatoes. One of Joey's favorite pizzas is just black and green olives. That kid loves black olives so much that he will drink the liquid out of the can or jar of them.

Quote:
So I need to Vent Bob missed his Neurologist Appt. again last week

He is still playing games with the meds and not sleeping then sleeping all day. Had a vet appointment for Bella today but had to reschedule since Bob had another "Bad" night. I was able to get one for tomorrow afternoon so have fingers crossed we make it, this is the 3rd time I had to reschedule because of Bob.

I am so frustrated at this point I could scream. If this keeps up I do not see my fall trip happening.

Anyhow thanks for letting me vent and hope everyone has a good day
I hope you can get Bob to his doctor appt and Bella to hers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well. Got some Disney questions for all of you! Looking to request where I want to be at the BC GV....since we'll just be spending our time relaxing and swimming what location should I ask for? I can't be too close to elevators as I have enough trouble sleeping (and don't want additional noise)..but sorta close to the SAB...thoughts, suggestions? Also, the hotel will transfer our bags, but how should we get to AKL? Bus? Taxi? Thanks!

Pas130...I hate it when my posts go poof! Arggghhh
When we had that booked, I think the way we were going to word the request was "something close to Cape May Cafe". On the trasportation, maybe you could take the boat to DHS and then get on the bus to AKL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Morning!!! Happy Monday I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Another day, another neuro psych appt for Steven....sigh. I'll catch up this afternoon from my laptop.

HUGS,
Melissa

I hope all goes well at the appt.

Which reminds me...they had me fill all this paperwork out at the end of the school year for JM to get "additional testing" done. I just realized, they never let me know if the testing was done or what was found. Now that school is over, I won't be able to find out until school starts up again.

I noticed something last night. I have been, from time to time, getting these itching spells. In the area that itches I usually find tiny bumps here and there. Sometimes it's parts of my arms, or my back. Last night, the DH was teasing me and I started itching. It seems like it only happens when he annoys me or I get slightly stressed. I'm going to ask my mil about it and then ask my doctor about it at my next appt.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #229
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Letthewookiewin, Thanks for the info...I'm just going to request full balcony and let the Garden View fall where it may! Thanks for the bus tip too! Now I just need to book a couple of lunches at BC...Any thoughts anyone?
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #230
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies! I've missed a ton, as usual...

I'm keeping myself busy whilst Miss M is creating Lego scenes with her friend. (Narrowly avoided the mom hearing an inappropriate song when she dropped her kiddo off. I'm glad the kid didn't catch on because it took me a while to realize what the lyrics were... I can only imagine the reaction to her singing THOSE things when she went back home. Though, it's relatively tame by comparison to the soundtrack of my school years.)

Melissa: Hope the appt. went okay.

Wookie: Did you go with GFC or The Wave? We've only had lunch at GFC and dinner at The Wave. I think The Wave has a slightly more upscale feel to it, but not by much.

Willows909: Hmmm. Our favorites in that area are Beaches and Cream, The Fountain (over at the Swan), ESPN for wings, burgers and drinks. For something quick, the new menu at the Boardwalk Bakery is sooooo NICE!

~~--------------------------------~~

I called this morning to see if there was any availability over at the YC. No dice. SAB is a siren's call. I guess we're destined to be hangin' with Pennywise.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #231
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Miss -- do you HAVE to call the clown that?? Even I'm a bit creeped out by it then!! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #232
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Letthewookiewin, Thanks for the info...I'm just going to request full balcony and let the Garden View fall where it may! Thanks for the bus tip too! Now I just need to book a couple of lunches at BC...Any thoughts anyone?
No problem, glad I could help. You could do Beaches & Cream, but I'm not sure if you can make an ADR for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wookie: Did you go with GFC or The Wave? We've only had lunch at GFC and dinner at The Wave. I think The Wave has a slightly more upscale feel to it, but not by much.

We did go with the GFC, but now I am worried about it. A WDW Dining app I had, listed the pan roasted chicken breast as having mushroom risotto with it, but when I just looked it up on the Disney site it has something different.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 06-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #233
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Kookerific I am enjoying my virtual Margarita!! Miss you threadmaster

Sugarloaf is nice....OFC is nicer But the Grand is beautiful!!
I've booked CR once or twice this trip...Bay Lake calls me...Crescent lake calls my DH

Our last day is Friday too!!! VACATION VACATION VACATION

Glad you're safe Krystal

Hi Marie Hope your DHs pain is better, sorry he may need more surgery. It has to be hard adjusting to the pay issues..Geez you'd think being shot on duty would warrant a better pay schedule

I think you deserve that BWI Deluxe CL room....just saying...but Kidani has space....decisions....
I am not feeling GF at all...the IPO isn't what it used to be. And the beach pool, there is hardly any beach left...I remember staring at the construction thinking the Grand is not the same. And DH really was upset by our Sugarloaf neighbors that one night banging on the walls because our kids were too loud. It was fantastic when we stayed there, but ..IDK...we had a family chat and the votes are yes to snack room...BUT it'll be BWI, WL or AKL. I am surprised they don't want BC, but DH said he doesn't like how spread out the pool is.

Long story why I don't do FB. Short version, there are family members I do not want knowing my business, so it's easier to not even be on.. Gladyou're a little better

GO MAMA GO!!! Can I come to cheer you on???

NEITHER CAN I

I went to WDW once when I was 12, I think it was Sports we stayed at and LOVED IT. I was instantly in love with the World!!! My mother took me and my oldest (when he was 4 maybe), I missed my DH SO much, and it wasn't the same. I swore as soon as I could we would have a family vacation. A few years later when I became a RN, I finally could afford a trip. I plunked down about $2500 at a TA, and we had a trip to All Star Movies. It was DH, a newly pregnant me (surprise) and DS 8 at the time. We had the best time. Next trip I booked Poly, and DH freaked at the price, SO it was changed to CBR. We went during cheer nationals, and it was loud, crowded, chilly, and annoying....I hated having an internal bus, just no good. The last night of our stay at DTD I set up a tour with DVC. We went to BWV and fell in love, we bought points at DVC instantly. We did 2 SSR stays, and a BCV stay. BCV was meh...we felt in need of a refurb that was 2006 I think...After DD (now 7) was born, we didn't have points for a 2BR to go every year...we ended up selling our points at a profit after our FWC trip. We did free dining and DH felt DVC is a waste.

Once DS moved out in 2010, and no longer having DVC points...DH no longer wanted to go back to WDW So Summer of 2010 there was a 40% discount, we did a beach trip. I booked Kidani, it was AMAZING!!! However, they overbooked the 2 bedroom...so our last night we would have to stay at Jambo ...OK no problem

Well, I had NEVER heard of CL, so we drive to Jambo, we were met by a CM who walked us around. The lounge was cool..yummy scones, some greedy guests (plates upon plates of desserts for 2 people) ugh..but overall I was hooked! The pool, wonderful. Our only complaint, our suite...yes suite was not ready until 530pm. And it was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNG walk from the lobby and lounge But the view was worth it. I called to book an extra night, yeah...$980 Nevermind.....

When we came home, I found the DIS... HRH picked GF from a picture and I was on the GF thread constantly....a 40% off summer rate was available for SL so I grabbed it. I had MANY changes....and I found the RC thread (stepdisney's thread at the time...she's a sweetie) Ultimately we did stay at Sugarloaf, and had a split with Universal.That was our first onsite Universal stay, and we were spoiled....

Last year we did a resort only stay at Pop and it was fantastic. Then back to universal....I did get DH to agree to go for our couples trips. The first I booked GF RPC and got bumped to YC suite (very huge...nice location, nice CMs) and we stayed at WL Honeymoon room, which overall is my favorite experience.

There is no reason I should stay CL, it's not financially worth it, but it's nice to have the snack room I guess. We like the convenience of the snacks and beverages as well..all the construction on the monorail line has really put on damper on me wanting to stay there...the moderates are large resorts...so I still would pick a value over them....BUT the amenities of deluxe are worth the extra $$$

Unfortunately being a family of 7 vacation is expensive....so I do the best I can with discounts, but we work hard all year....so I try to give my family the bestest vacation!!!!!

Was that confusing or what???
Quote:
Another change for Janet.....

7/19-7/21 will now be BLT BLV
Jeanette

I have to agree with Brian about SAB being too big, not to mention too noisey. Hard enough to keep an eye on 1 kiddo but you have 5 !

I thought BLT was perfect for you before when you were booked there

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #234
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

I went from August of 1997 to January 2006 with no Disney, now that was a long time

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #235
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went from August of 1997 to January 2006 with no Disney, now that was a long time
We went from 2002 (our Honeymoon!) - 2009 without Disney....we were busy making a family, but I still couldn't wait to get back!!!! Once we started going again, we obviously didn't stop...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #236
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!

I'm here ... but hopelessly behind...

Koh, so scary for you! Thankful that you were able to pull over safely.

Wookie, thankful that your FIL's sisters were okay. Reading about your italian dinner is making me hungry...

Jen, saw a pix of your DD in a race... great job!

Sheila, what's up with men?? Geesh...no way you are missing out on the Poly in the fall....do you need me or Pas to come up there and convince DH to go to the doctors??

Marie, so nice to see you posting... very sorry to read that DH may need more surgery You need a big treat to look forward to in 2015...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Morning everyone.. I have changed YET AGAIN, this makes 4 times I have actually called and changed my resort! lol We are now settled at CR in the main tower bay lake view! I noticed it was only a little more than $300 more than our standard room at BWI and we love being on the monorail line..Its not the Poly or GF (our faves) but its pretty close! lol
Seems like a great RC for the money! Welcome to the thread!

Quote:
Kookerific I am enjoying my virtual Margarita!! Miss you threadmaster
Ditto this!! Miss you Kook!! Loving the pix!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Morning!!! Happy Monday I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Another day, another neuro psych appt for Steven....sigh. I'll catch up this afternoon from my laptop.

HUGS,
Melissa
Hugs to you too Melissa!! Hope the appt goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Oh, I forgot! I made a change to our September trip!

Janet B - if you're lurking and want to get this down (this is final...)
We are 9/27/13-10/2/13 at POP CENTURY!!

I am actually pretty excited about this, as I loved POP when I stayed there in 2009.

It is cheaper than AoA because we are currently booked there with the AAA discount, but I will be switching to the military discount when/if those discounts are renewed in order to save even more $$$!!!
hmm... is this a pinky swear??

Quote:
Another change for Janet.....

7/19-7/21 will now be BLT BLV
You got BLT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Anything more than a year is a long while! My plan is Dec 2013 (Granny trip) and then ..... early 2015 ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it .... for now .... maybe .....
Yeah right...keep saying that Linda and maybe you will believe it Is this the combo Universal trip? Hey maybe I can join you on the ToT (and this time we enter the race when we are on site for a marathon... ).

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #237
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went to WDW once when I was 12, I think it was Sports we stayed at and LOVED IT. I was instantly in love with the World!!! ...........

Was that confusing or what???
Actually I followed your story very well ... it's the daily (hourly?? ) changes that are challenging!! But that's why you are the queen and so loved, you lead by example... So thankful you were lead to the DIS and to us, and me in particular.. love ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello ladies! I've missed a ton, as usual...

I'm keeping myself busy whilst Miss M is creating Lego scenes with her friend. (Narrowly avoided the mom hearing an inappropriate song when she dropped her kiddo off. I'm glad the kid didn't catch on because it took me a while to realize what the lyrics were... I can only imagine the reaction to her singing THOSE things when she went back home. Though, it's relatively tame by comparison to the soundtrack of my school years.)
Okay, so what was this bad song??

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #238
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps!

I'm here ... but hopelessly behind...

Koh, so scary for you! Thankful that you were able to pull over safely.

Wookie, thankful that your FIL's sisters were okay. Reading about your italian dinner is making me hungry...

Jen, saw a pix of your DD in a race... great job!

Sheila, what's up with men?? Geesh...no way you are missing out on the Poly in the fall....do you need me or Pas to come up there and convince DH to go to the doctors??

Marie, so nice to see you posting... very sorry to read that DH may need more surgery You need a big treat to look forward to in 2015...

Seems like a great RC for the money! Welcome to the thread!

Ditto this!! Miss you Kook!! Loving the pix!!

Hugs to you too Melissa!! Hope the appt goes well.

hmm... is this a pinky swear??

You got BLT!

Yeah right...keep saying that Linda and maybe you will believe it Is this the combo Universal trip? Hey maybe I can join you on the ToT (and this time we enter the race when we are on site for a marathon... ).
Permanent, pinky swear, secret hand shake final.

No really....that's it...

I'm too busy obsessing over what I am going to book for next year....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #239
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Can anyone tell me how close to our trip I can change resorts?

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #240
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Other than the stretch between 1981 (my first trip with my family at age 5) to March 1994 (with my high school band for Magic Music Days), the longest I've been without a WDW trip is from October 2006 to June 2012. The DH said it was going to be our 80th wedding anniversary before we went to anywhere Disney. Then I read the rumor that Star Wars Land should be complete and open by 2018, and I told him I would wait until that was open to go back to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Thank you. One of them posted on their FB pages, that they were both just sore today.

It really was good. Tonight when I get home from school, I get to have left overs.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: