Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #211
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Wookie - glad everyone's ok!

Good morning all! :-) I am determined to stay caught up today! Off to summer school again. Only a week and a half left then I get a short break before back to it. But then, only 3 weeks til Disney!! There's a light at the end of the tunnel at least! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #212
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Morning everyone.. I have changed YET AGAIN, this makes 4 times I have actually called and changed my resort! lol We are now settled at CR in the main tower bay lake view! I noticed it was only a little more than $300 more than our standard room at BWI and we love being on the monorail line..Its not the Poly or GF (our faves) but its pretty close! lol
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #213
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Ok....so....on the Disney website...January 2014 rates are viewable/bookable. I went ahead and priced out a 10 night stay that would be a Sunday through following Wednesday and Grand Floridian Sugarloaf is definitely in reach!!!

Our time in August is the same projected price season as the weeks I priced out in January so it's got to be pretty comparable -- both are the lowest price season.

Now I just wish that they would go ahead and update the rest of the year and I could know something about the military discount so I can get this reservation on the books!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #214
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
ok, I know I clicked to comment on this with my other post, but it got lost some how. I blame getting a max of 4 hours of sleep and now being upright only due to high levels of caffeine.

Thank you. I assumed we would be ok, but you know what they say about assuming.

I wish y'all could smell my kitchen right now. It smells like Italian Heaven in here. I'm letting the sauce simmer for another hour before waking the DH to do his taste-testing duties. I can tell y'all how I make it, but there is no exact recipe. A lady, who I used to work with, that grew up in Italy taught me to make it this way.

6 lbs of ground beef (I always use the most lean so like the 93/7% stuff)
3 lbs of Italian sausage (I use the mild, but you can use the hot if you wanted)
I usually brown them in separate pans, drain and then add them to a huge bowl or pot. Then I break them meat up and mix it together.
Then in a large stock pot, I coat the bottom with good olive oil and add at least 1 Tbs of garlic (I just use to already chopped up in a bottle garlic, so my hands don't smell for days).
Then I add 1 chopped medium to large onion (I use yellow onion because it doesn't make me cry).
When the onion is looking kinda see-through I add 2 lbs of mushrooms and more olive oil to coat the shrooms.
At this time I also add a little Mediterranean Basil and Oregano.
Then I add 6 of the largest cans of tomatoes (3 crushed and 3 puree).
I let it simmer a little while, taste and then add olive oil, basil, oregano, salt, sugar as needed. Between adding more spices, I let it simmer at least 20 minutes before adding more.
Sometimes, I add a little tomato paste, and sometimes I don't. It just depends on how thick the sauce is. I like it really thick, so when I use the no-boil noddles, there is no liquid left over in the pan when you take some out of the pan of lasagna. I can come back and post a picture of the sauce later, if y'all would like.
wookie That's a lotta sauce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Ok, so I don't think I caught everything between Friday and tonight, BUT I did read most of the posts I think!! :-)

So, Friday after I was done teaching summer school, I was on the highway on my way home (about a 15 minute drive total) and the radio turned off, lights on the dash all started coming on and all the gauges suddenly dropped to 0. Had to quickly pull over to the shoulder so as not to get rear ended when I completely lost all power. Couldn't even put my hazards on.

DH came and called a tow truck to get it o the dealership. Still under warranty so it should cover it. They are pretty certain it was the alternator. It went out and so I was running completely off battery and when that was used up, the car was done. Charged the battery up just fine, and the alternator should be ale to be changed out by Tuesday. Until then I get to drive DH's car. :-)

Krystal OMG We had that same thing happen to us some years ago, we somehow glided from the fast lane over to the shoulder without getting hit, very scarey. Our wasn't the alternator but some part which was basically a computerized " brain" of the car. Unfortunately ours was no longer under warranty and was expensive around $700 and no gaurentee since it could go anytime just like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I hope everyone had a great day. I made two huge pans of lasagna, one with black olives and one without. We had a ton left over. Poor John Michael didn't get to eat any, because he's been sick all day. I feel sorry for the guy, but it's really his own fault.

We (the fil, mil, DH, sil, and her hubby) were just sitting around talking. Then the mil got a call and two of my fil's sister's had been in an accident. Luckily, they are ok, just sore and whiplash.
wookie Yum....I never put black olives in my lasagna but my youngest boy would have loved it, his favorite pizza was mushrooms and black olives

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Morning everyone.. I have changed YET AGAIN, this makes 4 times I have actually called and changed my resort! lol We are now settled at CR in the main tower bay lake view! I noticed it was only a little more than $300 more than our standard room at BWI and we love being on the monorail line..Its not the Poly or GF (our faves) but its pretty close! lol
bluejasmine I watched a new video DIS put up on utube of the Contemporary this morning, I want to stay there bad too, maybe next time

Marie AKL CL sounds wonderful. I do love BWI Deluxe room, in fact on our last trip I told Bob I wanted to stay there this year but then the Poly won out

So I need to Vent Bob missed his Neurologist Appt. again last week

He is still playing games with the meds and not sleeping then sleeping all day. Had a vet appointment for Bella today but had to reschedule since Bob had another "Bad" night. I was able to get one for tomorrow afternoon so have fingers crossed we make it, this is the 3rd time I had to reschedule because of Bob.

I am so frustrated at this point I could scream. If this keeps up I do not see my fall trip happening.

Anyhow thanks for letting me vent and hope everyone has a good day

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #215
pas130
DIS Veteran

My 5 page multiquote went POOF UGH

Sheila Not that I condone beating the sense into one's hubby...BUT
Old 06-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #216
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well. Got some Disney questions for all of you! Looking to request where I want to be at the BC GV....since we'll just be spending our time relaxing and swimming what location should I ask for? I can't be too close to elevators as I have enough trouble sleeping (and don't want additional noise)..but sorta close to the SAB...thoughts, suggestions? Also, the hotel will transfer our bags, but how should we get to AKL? Bus? Taxi? Thanks!

Pas130...I hate it when my posts go poof! Arggghhh
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #217
pas130
DIS Veteran

Kookerific I am enjoying my virtual Margarita!! Miss you threadmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Grand Floridian Sugarloaf is definitely in reach!!!
Sugarloaf is nice....OFC is nicer But the Grand is beautiful!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
I've booked CR once or twice this trip...Bay Lake calls me...Crescent lake calls my DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
We drive down and have a couple of stops on the way...leave noon on Friday! Justin has exams thru Wednesday, exempted out of the Thursday one. There are five other families we know that will be there part of the time we are- found out another one tonight. Last day of school is Friday and everyone is getting the heck out of town! It was a looooong winter and 7 inches of rain in the last week! Come on summer!!!
Our last day is Friday too!!! VACATION VACATION VACATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So, Friday after I was done teaching summer school, I was on the highway on my way home (about a 15 minute drive total) and the radio turned off, lights on the dash all started coming on and all the gauges suddenly dropped to 0. Had to quickly pull over to the shoulder so as not to get rear ended when I completely lost all power. Couldn't even put my hazards on.

DH came and called a tow truck to get it o the dealership. Still under warranty so it should cover it. They are pretty certain it was the alternator. It went out and so I was running completely off battery and when that was used up, the car was done. Charged the battery up just fine, and the alternator should be ale to be changed out by Tuesday. Until then I get to drive DH's car.
Glad you're safe Krystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Writing all this to you is helping me too to figure out what's important to me and my young adults. At this moment I'm thinking club level and location would be their thing, and BWI deluxe room has the slight edge..,,,but it's still aways to go till my decision needs to be final! I am a RCer after all
Marie
Hi Marie Hope your DHs pain is better, sorry he may need more surgery. It has to be hard adjusting to the pay issues..Geez you'd think being shot on duty would warrant a better pay schedule

I think you deserve that BWI Deluxe CL room....just saying...but Kidani has space....decisions....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! I really want RPC for you this trip.
I am not feeling GF at all...the IPO isn't what it used to be. And the beach pool, there is hardly any beach left...I remember staring at the construction thinking the Grand is not the same. And DH really was upset by our Sugarloaf neighbors that one night banging on the walls because our kids were too loud. It was fantastic when we stayed there, but ..IDK...we had a family chat and the votes are yes to snack room...BUT it'll be BWI, WL or AKL. I am surprised they don't want BC, but DH said he doesn't like how spread out the pool is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Morning....very stiff and still hurting but not like last night. Just going to take it easy and nit do to much moving today. Thank you for all the well wishes since DD did this she is now my little slave, LOL!
Long story why I don't do FB. Short version, there are family members I do not want knowing my business, so it's easier to not even be on.. Gladyou're a little better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So I'm thinking about doing the ToT 10K in 2014. I think it's in Oct???? Anyone else thinking about doing it? When do sign ups usually come out??? I really need to get off my bottom and do something!!! DH and I used to walk 1/2 marathons but that's too long for me and 5K might be a little short .... maybe we should get an RC group together .....
GO MAMA GO!!! Can I come to cheer you on???

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
I am having a hard time keeping up with this thread s

pas130 - I cannot figure out where you are staying??
NEITHER CAN I

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT4Dis View Post
Because I am new to this thread I would like to know what makes you choose the resorts you do and once you choose what makes you swap and choose a different one?
I went to WDW once when I was 12, I think it was Sports we stayed at and LOVED IT. I was instantly in love with the World!!! My mother took me and my oldest (when he was 4 maybe), I missed my DH SO much, and it wasn't the same. I swore as soon as I could we would have a family vacation. A few years later when I became a RN, I finally could afford a trip. I plunked down about $2500 at a TA, and we had a trip to All Star Movies. It was DH, a newly pregnant me (surprise) and DS 8 at the time. We had the best time. Next trip I booked Poly, and DH freaked at the price, SO it was changed to CBR. We went during cheer nationals, and it was loud, crowded, chilly, and annoying....I hated having an internal bus, just no good. The last night of our stay at DTD I set up a tour with DVC. We went to BWV and fell in love, we bought points at DVC instantly. We did 2 SSR stays, and a BCV stay. BCV was meh...we felt in need of a refurb that was 2006 I think...After DD (now 7) was born, we didn't have points for a 2BR to go every year...we ended up selling our points at a profit after our FWC trip. We did free dining and DH felt DVC is a waste.

Once DS moved out in 2010, and no longer having DVC points...DH no longer wanted to go back to WDW So Summer of 2010 there was a 40% discount, we did a beach trip. I booked Kidani, it was AMAZING!!! However, they overbooked the 2 bedroom...so our last night we would have to stay at Jambo ...OK no problem

Well, I had NEVER heard of CL, so we drive to Jambo, we were met by a CM who walked us around. The lounge was cool..yummy scones, some greedy guests (plates upon plates of desserts for 2 people) ugh..but overall I was hooked! The pool, wonderful. Our only complaint, our suite...yes suite was not ready until 530pm. And it was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNG walk from the lobby and lounge But the view was worth it. I called to book an extra night, yeah...$980 Nevermind.....

When we came home, I found the DIS... HRH picked GF from a picture and I was on the GF thread constantly....a 40% off summer rate was available for SL so I grabbed it. I had MANY changes....and I found the RC thread (stepdisney's thread at the time...she's a sweetie) Ultimately we did stay at Sugarloaf, and had a split with Universal.That was our first onsite Universal stay, and we were spoiled....

Last year we did a resort only stay at Pop and it was fantastic. Then back to universal....I did get DH to agree to go for our couples trips. The first I booked GF RPC and got bumped to YC suite (very huge...nice location, nice CMs) and we stayed at WL Honeymoon room, which overall is my favorite experience.

There is no reason I should stay CL, it's not financially worth it, but it's nice to have the snack room I guess. We like the convenience of the snacks and beverages as well..all the construction on the monorail line has really put on damper on me wanting to stay there...the moderates are large resorts...so I still would pick a value over them....BUT the amenities of deluxe are worth the extra $$$

Unfortunately being a family of 7 vacation is expensive....so I do the best I can with discounts, but we work hard all year....so I try to give my family the bestest vacation!!!!!

Was that confusing or what???
Old 06-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #218
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well. Got some Disney questions for all of you! Looking to request where I want to be at the BC GV....since we'll just be spending our time relaxing and swimming what location should I ask for? I can't be too close to elevators as I have enough trouble sleeping (and don't want additional noise)..but sorta close to the SAB...thoughts, suggestions? Also, the hotel will transfer our bags, but how should we get to AKL? Bus? Taxi? Thanks!

Pas130...I hate it when my posts go poof! Arggghhh
If you have park hoppers, you can walk through Epcot and take the bus

As far as location, requesting close to pool might get you by the quiet pool. BC is a large, confusing (to me...) layout. Dee on the BC/YC thread and Teena are very nice, and I am sure you'll get a better idea of room requests there
Old 06-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #219
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Morning!!! Happy Monday I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Another day, another neuro psych appt for Steven....sigh. I'll catch up this afternoon from my laptop.

HUGS,
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #220
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Jeanette~Say it isn't so....The only reason we are picking the GF is because of the probable construction at Poly, otherwise, that would be our 1st choice....

Why, oh why can't things be easy???

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 06-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #221
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Thanks pas130...no parks this time around...I will check out that thread! Thanks!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #222
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Oh, I forgot! I made a change to our September trip!

Janet B - if you're lurking and want to get this down (this is final...)

We are 9/27/13-10/2/13 at POP CENTURY!!

I am actually pretty excited about this, as I loved POP when I stayed there in 2009.

It is cheaper than AoA because we are currently booked there with the AAA discount, but I will be switching to the military discount when/if those discounts are renewed in order to save even more $$$!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #223
Willows909
Mouseketeer

I love POP! We've stayed there quite a bit and personally love the preferred pool view rooms. The hippy dippy pool is so nice...you'll have a blast!!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #224
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
I love POP! We've stayed there quite a bit and personally love the preferred pool view rooms. The hippy dippy pool is so nice...you'll have a blast!!
When we stayed there, we were in the 70's building and had a great location to everything. I think I will request that again...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #225
pas130
DIS Veteran

Another change for Janet.....

7/19-7/21 will now be BLT BLV

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: