Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #2131
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Krystal Sorry to hear about your MIL, but sounds like she is a fighter so hopefully she can beat that awful disease.

So, yeah. I'm a true RC'er.

We have made some changes to our August trip. Good ones, I think. First, we added a night. So now we are 9 nights, from 8/16/14 - 8/25/14!!!

You might recall that we are normally 10 night peeps but it was a touch too long last time. Well, the kids told us that the next time we go, we should stay 12 nights!!!! so.....thinking that would be a bit much, but still scared of the scene we experienced this past trip we think 9 nights might be perfect! We shall see.....

On top of that, we switched to AKL CL!!!!!
This is one of those resorts that everyone really wants to stay at, but we just haven't because there are always more "appealing" options....but, adding a night at AKL still cut $700 off the cost from the Sugarloaf plans. Plus, well be able to do the sunrise safari, which my girls and DH will LOVE!

Given that the POLY is the only monorail resort that we absolutely WANT to stay at, and we can leave or take GF and CR, it seems like a good chance to knock AKL off the list!

It also didn't help that we have very good friends down there right now that are constantly texting me gorgeous photos from there....

Will it stick?? Stay tuned.....

But I really want an AKL ticker....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #2132
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Krystal Sorry to hear about your MIL, but sounds like she is a fighter so hopefully she can beat that awful disease.

We have made some changes to our August trip. Good ones, I think. First, we added a night. So now we are 9 nights, from 8/16/14 - 8/25/14!!!

You might recall that we are normally 10 night peeps but it was a touch too long last time. Well, the kids told us that the next time we go, we should stay 12 nights!!!! so.....thinking that would be a bit much, but still scared of the scene we experienced this past trip we think 9 nights might be perfect! We shall see.....

This is one of those resorts that everyone really wants to stay at, but we just haven't because there are always more "appealing" options....but, adding a night at AKL still cut $700 off the cost from the Sugarloaf plans. Plus, well be able to do the sunrise safari, which my girls and DH will LOVE!

Given that the POLY is the only monorail resort that we absolutely WANT to stay at, and we can leave or take GF and CR, it seems like a good chance to knock AKL off the list!

It also didn't help that we have very good friends down there right now that are constantly texting me gorgeous photos from there....

Did not expect AKL at all

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #2133
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Candace - I approve! Here's a pic of my kiddos enjoying one of the viewing areas at Jambo.

And while you were busy switching away from GF SL, I was busy switching to GF SL! CL is my kryptonite.

Koh, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL and Sheila, I'm sorry to hear about Jason's friend. for both of you.

Dani - Love the pics from the shore! Such cuties! I hope your trip continues to be as amazing!

Jenny - Your girls are adorable!

Miss - So was the first week a success? Any new friends for Miss M yet? My boys start tomorrow and I'm all . For the first time ever I'm not climbing the walls for them to go back.

I hope I can hang out here more soon, but I'm thinking DD will be all glued to my side without her boy clan to keep her occupied.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #2134
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I_Heart love the picture of your kids!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #2135
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Candace - I approve! Here's a pic of my kiddos enjoying one of the viewing areas at Jambo.

And while you were busy switching away from GF SL, I was busy switching to GF SL! CL is my kryptonite.

Koh, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL and Sheila, I'm sorry to hear about Jason's friend. for both of you.

Dani - Love the pics from the shore! Such cuties! I hope your trip continues to be as amazing!

Jenny - Your girls are adorable!

Miss - So was the first week a success? Any new friends for Miss M yet? My boys start tomorrow and I'm all . For the first time ever I'm not climbing the walls for them to go back.

I hope I can hang out here more soon, but I'm thinking DD will be all glued to my side without her boy clan to keep her occupied.
Hey....I know those kids....

Those are the ones who stared at the crazy lady wandering around their hotel room with her jaw on the ground...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #2136
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And your ticker appeared! It's Disney magic, I tell ya!
I think you will love AKL/CL! Congrats!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #2137
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
And your ticker appeared! It's Disney magic, I tell ya!
I think you will love AKL/CL! Congrats!!
M-A-G-I-C!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 08-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #2138
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

candace that's so exciting! I always wanted to stay there but it's just so secluded. I would have to stay there without kids lol
Old 08-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #2139
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RC Peeps!

Janet-Cool avatar! Wonderful photo of Sam, so sweet!

Miss-It may be the crowds at MK, come to think of it. It is kind of funny. He’ll go for a bit because I want to, but a couple of hours later we always wind up at Epcot.

Dani-Great photos of your kiddos. Glad you guys had a nice break!

Petey-Customized bands, that means your trip is coming up.

Trish-Congrats on your BWI choice!

Wookie-Now we are all going to have to clean out our cars.

Jenny-About cleaning—It does kind of help when I’m frustrated, too. Usually I get over it pretty soon, before the second hour.

Pas-Thanks for your sweet words about all of us being with you and
Janet in spirit at Sarah’s Memorial. She’s so missed, she was a lovely lady.

Sheila-It sounds like your husband is going through some difficult health times. Must be so frustrating. Thinking of you.

Koh-I was sorry to hear about your MIL’s serious illness. Sending caring hugs your way.

I heart-Your kids are so cute in those rockers!

Today was the last day of the Little League World Series for 2013. We've had fun watching it on TV, some great games! Lots of really amazing kids, it's a highlight of August for us, always!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #2140
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
candace that's so exciting! I always wanted to stay there but it's just so secluded. I would have to stay there without kids lol

Yeah, the "out there" factor is the only "negative" as I see it, but DH and I were talking and came to the conclusion that we were just spoiled by WL and YC's location, but we have stayed at all of the values and CBR, and really AKL is not much further than POP and the distance was such a non-issue.

The 8 miles from AKL to MK is way better than the 1,355.49 miles that MK is from my house....I think we'll live.

It's all about perspective.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 08-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #2141
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I always seem to get in some sort of dispute with other shoppers in Walmart lol. I don't know what it is! I don't know how the ones on Texas are but up here they're just so dirty and rundown. I'm sure that both options would have been a nightmare though.
That's why I only go to newer Wal Marts. Some of the old ones are funky!! I just wish there was a Target close enough, that I could just go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

wookie I've wanted to go to Red Lobster for years but none in the immediate area same thing with Outback

I haven't been to an Outback in years. I think I was in high school, or just graduated, the last time I ate at one. We have a steakhouse, called Salt Grass, that we go to when we want a steakhouse. The DH can't eat steak, but they have an amazing bake potato soup, and Range Rattlers (a battered and fried jalapeno stuffed with a whole shrimp and cheese) that he eats instead of a steak. Then he steals some of my roasted mushrooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Saga of Bob update......so he never took his alarm wake up call (5am) off his phone since he retired well last week when I was using it I took it off. Guess what he is sleeping later now (8-9am) even if he has a hard time getting to sleep good right?

Nope now his new complaint is he slept too late and is too tired to get up and out to do or go any place

He has 2 Dr Appt on 9/16 and he better go, he threw out one of his meds after reading about the bad side effects, it was the one that made him walk around like a zombie sometimes but that was his fault since it said take 4x a day which I told him was once every 6 hours but he would take them as he wanted popping one two three or all four at once

I give up the man is hopeless, he does the same thing with another med he takes same directions but he takes 2 in the am and 2 in the PM instead of spacing them out.

And he wonders why he feels bad

Ok vent over
I am so sorry. I am not the best about taking my meds the way my doctor tell me to. Hopefully, the doctor can get him straightened out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I am sorry I have been completely MIA since returning from WDW. I've been reading when I get a chance, but no time to comment or update. And I've just been in a funk as well considering everything going on here as well as no trips to plan for right now (not that I'd have the time, but it'd be a welcome diversion at least).

The day after we returned from Disney, my DH took my MIL to Prompt Care because she had a lump on her side and her back was really bothering her. To make a long story short, after an ultrasound, cat scan, and MRI, she's been diagnosed with cancer (probably stage 4, but they never really said). 22cm mass on her right kidney, 7.5cm mass in her colon, and many small lesions in/on her abs. The mass on her kidney is basically so large that it's pushing her other organs (liver and diaphragm). Did a biopsy and found it to be a sarcoma (which is one of the rarest kinds of cancers I guess). Now we're just waiting to hear whether the plan is to cut out as much as they can first, then chemo and radiation or chemo and radiation to shrink and kill as much as possible, then surgery, then more chemo and radiation. She's the strongest woman I know and the most stubborn, so she's ready and willing to fight at this point. Prognosis is at least a bit better of survival rate compared to what we were originally thinking, but I think we're well aware that time is limited even so...they can do a lot with the combination of surgery and chemo and radiation, but it's obviously not curable...

Couple that with a new job for me and the stress levels in the house have been hard to take...

*hugs*
I am so sorry about the mil and all of the other stress.

Quote:

WOO HOO AKL!! I can't wait for our stay there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

In 14 days, I will be sitting there. Can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Wookie-Now we are all going to have to clean out our cars.

I still have to do mine, but I have until Tuesday to get it done. Nothing like waiting until the last moment to get something done. Well, I was going to do it today, but my fil's mom and one of his sister's came over which meant that I couldn't clean the car out.

Quote:
The 8 miles from AKL to MK is way better than the 1,355.49 miles that MK is from my house....I think we'll live.

It's all about perspective.
I love your thinking. If it's eight miles from the AKL to the MK, then from our house to the MK it's 1,190 miles.

Well today didn't turn out to be as terrible as my mil and I had feared it was going to be, and that is thanks to my mil being sneaky. The fil's mom and sister's wanted to come over and talk to him about something serious with his mother's health and about his father's will. Well only one sister came and they left the will at home. Then they never talked about what they wanted to talk about. Probably part of the reason they didn't is that my mil had my DH put in a John Pinette DVD for them to watch. Then by the time it was over, since they came over so late, it was getting close to 9 PM. They left without talking to the fil about whatever this serious matter was. I'm pretty sure the mil did this because she knew that by the time it was done, it would be so late they would want to leave.

Tomorrow I start full time with my friend's in home day care. I have to call the boys schools tomorrow and see if I can pick up their schedules. Then the DSs just have to make it through 7 days of school and we are on our way to WDW!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #2142
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies, just a quick reply before going to bed, we had the girls at The Big Ticket Family Channel concert tonight. It was fun, and so cute to see them screaming for "Austin" singing with his band. But Why oh Why do these nights always end badly? DD9 went to bed crying about her tummy. I always get worried about food poisoning when we are eating at these things.

Koh: So so sorry to hear about MIL, hugs for you and your whole family. What a shock for you all.

Dani and Iheart: Love the pictures, how adorable they all are. I like it when everybody is posting pics! Makes me feel closer to you all somehow.

Ginny: I saw you popping in on that outfit thread...man people are bonkers here on the Dis!!

Wookie: Your trip is so close, just survive work until then!

Sheila: So sorry about your problems with DH, no advice for you (obviously...I cannot even get along with mine right now!) just hugs for you too!

Candace: AKL CL sounds great! And what a change for you all...it might be just the thing!

Talk later all...off to check on DD9 one last time to make sure she isn't sick to her stomach.

Jen
Old 08-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #2143
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi ladies, just a quick reply before going to bed, we had the girls at The Big Ticket Family Channel concert tonight. It was fun, and so cute to see them screaming for "Austin" singing with his band. But Why oh Why do these nights always end badly? DD9 went to bed crying about her tummy. I always get worried about food poisoning when we are eating at these things.

Talk later all...off to check on DD9 one last time to make sure she isn't sick to her stomach.

Jen
I'm glad y'all had such a great night!! I hope DD9 feels better soon. Joey woke up through the night being sick and had to run to the bathroom several times today. Hopefully he is better since school starts on Tuesday and ain't no body got time for that (said in my best Sweet Brown impression). The DSs are already missing 6 days for WDW, let leaves them only 4 or 5 for sick days for the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Wookie: Your trip is so close, just survive work until then!
Hopefully, work will make the time go by faster.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #2144
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Morning All

Krystal, so sorry to hear about your DMIL....she's a fighter which will help her along the support she will have from you and DH. Praying for a miracle, they do happen every day

Sheila, sad to hear of Jay's friend and What's up with Bob? He sounds like my late FIL...never wanted to take his meds or acknowledge his diabetes...geesh. Also Sheila, he might be a little scared as he has to deal with medical issues ...being educated is the best thing.....maybe the doc can get thru to him. Hang in there!

Dani, loving all your pix! I especially love wide awake Lily while Daniel looks like he's sleeping plus love Daniel's very proud expression in the arcade after he won!

Iheart, love the pix of your crew in the rocking chairs...one of my favorite things to do in the morning while I waited for the girls to get ready.

Jen, hoping DH can see where he was wrong this weekend... it's always their fault right? and hoping that your DD will be feeling like herself again this AM.

MM, nice change to AKL, and adding a day! Ya know it's all about perspective... to me I don't see the resort as being too far away at all... to me it offers a peaceful get away from the hustle bustle of the parks.

Wookie, I love your clandestine meeting at Red Lobster!!

Pas, we miss you here!! Yay for a night out! We all need that from time to time. And congrats on adding on another WL night! Hoping the new classes started smoothly.

Ginny, thanks for the compliment on Sam's pix! It's from MB picture day. She is really enjoying the camp experienced... looking forward to the season! And while at the YMCA I saw some coverage of the Little League play.

Miss, how is Miss M dealing with the start of school?? Has she made any new friends in her class?

Waving hello to all I've missed!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 08-26-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #2145
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Am i 1st????

I got up at 6:30am to get dd ressie for California Grill for January!!!
(actually did all 4 of us while guys still with us since we doing BOG after guys go home and we do the Mom n Me days)

Then I figured since staying a GF , CG would be nice! I would like to see the fireworks from there(never did but have stayed at Atrium club and similar) so booked for dh and I for in November!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: