Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #2116
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!

We actually went out to dinner with the girls last night, which is one of those things we have really cut back on over the past few years since we shovel our $$ to Disney instead.

We went to Outback, and the girls were so well behaved and ate all of their food. It was nice. We realized that the last time that we took them to a restaurant (outside of Disney) was last July! They must have been really excited about it.

Then today, we ended up doing some back to school shopping. We hit a lot of good sales at Old Navy and Justice (60% off)!!

Next weekend we will hit the outlets and then the girls will be ready to start school on 9/4! I already know both of their teachers and love them, so it should be a great year.

And, DH and I are actually really excited about our booking at the GF! The girls still don't even know about that trip yet, but we were looking at Disney stuff the other day and they were saying how beautiful the GF is, but that they remember smelling all of those flowers....then they said we should really try to stay there...sometimes I wonder if they read my email??? but, we are thinking it will be

Now we are all sitting and watching Princess and the Frog. Hope everyone has a great night!
Candace Miss back to school shopping, love an excuse to shop

Your girls are going to love GF!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #2117
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Just stopping by to say Hi !

Got our ME mail today, seems a little silly for them to send it out so early (we are at 71 Days) I mean if I change resorts the luggage tags will be wrong

Went shopping and ran into the Mother of a good friend of Jason's and found out Jay's friend had toured IRAQ ( I knew he was over there when Jay died) and came back after being shot and falling out of a helicopter with traumatic brain injury and only partial use of his legs. Hearing this just broke my heart

Hope everyone had a pleasant Saturday and I agree Men are from Mars
Oh god that is just heartbreaking. You just never know what some people have been through or are going through. And doing it while serving the country.

Yes men are from MARS!! I tell you. And yes it does seem to be a little early for ME...hmmm... are they trying to tell you no more changes???

Jen
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #2118
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh god that is just heartbreaking. You just never know what some people have been through or are going through. And doing it while serving the country.

Yes men are from MARS!! I tell you. And yes it does seem to be a little early for ME...hmmm... are they trying to tell you no more changes???

Jen
I don't think we will change resorts but you just never know, I had a dream a few nights back we got there and switched our first two days to WL, reminds me I need to go check on the deluxe room again for our dates

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #2119
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Some pics from the Jersey Shore

Sorry for the HUGE pics. I just copied them from FB and couldn't resize them. Also, it would seem that Lily is he favorite child but I swear it's just that she's easier to photograph!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #2120
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning to all!

Dani: Loooooove! Especially the the one of games and rides... brings back fond childhood memories of spending weekends at the beach. We took Miss M to OC (MD's version) for the first time a couple weeks ago and you should've seen the puppy dog eyes we were getting as we passed the arcades.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #2121
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning to all!

Dani: Loooooove! Especially the the one of games and rides... brings back fond childhood memories of spending weekends at the beach. We took Miss M to OC (MD's version) for the first time a couple weeks ago and you should've seen the puppy dog eyes we were getting as we passed the arcades.
I LOVE the arcades! It's my favorite part. The NJ OC is really beautiful. I can't wait to go this week!
Old 08-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #2122
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Good afternoon all!!

Dani, I love this pictures!! You have such cute kids.

We are having a pretty good weekend. The DSs and my youngest nephew, went to a water park with the inlaws. The DH and I didn't go, but secretly went to Red Lobster (we didn't want the inlaws to know about it because we told them we couldn't go to the water park because we were saving every penny for our WDW trip). They have their Endless Shrimp special right now. As soon as our waitress put our food in front of us, she asked us if we wanted another round. I had gotten shrimp scampi, and shrimp linguine Alfredo, so I ordered some grilled (that came with wild rice). My the time my DH was ordering his 7th or 8th round, I still had half the Alfredo, half the grilled shrimp with wild rice, and about half my broccoli. I never finished it. The waitress had come by a couple of times, and I guess she saw I wasn't making any progress, added to the look of pure misery of my face, so she just took the plate away from me. I was so happy with her that I tipped her $11 (which worked out to be about a 26% tip, based on the cost of the meal).

Then we went to Wal Mart. The DH should have listened to me and we should not have gone to Wal Mart in the town we were in. We should have driven a little out of our way to the normal one we go to. We were in Denton, and it has two major Texas universities (University of North Texas, and Texas Woman's University) in it. When we finally were checking out the woman checking us out said that it was dorm move in weekend and Denton public schools started on Monday. She also said it was busier yesterday than it had been on Black Friday. Then we played Star Wars, but that ended badly. Someone left, so they invited the just turned 15 year old. Which totally killed my buzz from the four wine coolers I had consumed at that point. Then the little child had the nerve to speak rudely to adults, adding "aight" when he didn't get an immediate response. I did get onto him, to which he tried to get smart back with me, so I left raid and got out of the game.

The good news is in exactly two week from today, we will be walking from Space Mountain to it's a small world in the MK.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #2123
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

kim thanks! I think they're keepers, but I haven't made a final decision yet.

Happy to hear you had a little break and enjoyed your dinner with DH. I try to avoid all walmarts. That store just gives me
The heebie jeebies. I prefer Target, but I know I'm getting dragged to a Wally World this week!

I am SO excited. Excuse me while I geek out for a second, but Toy r Us had Disney Infinity buy one get one half off, so I ordered two with the intention to return the full price pack and keep the half price one and it should come when we get home next week. I can't wait to play it! I've been waiting for this game foreverrrrrrr.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #2124
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
kim thanks! I think they're keepers, but I haven't made a final decision yet.

Happy to hear you had a little break and enjoyed your dinner with DH. I try to avoid all walmarts. That store just gives me
The heebie jeebies. I prefer Target, but I know I'm getting dragged to a Wally World this week!

I am SO excited. Excuse me while I geek out for a second, but Toy r Us had Disney Infinity buy one get one half off, so I ordered two with the intention to return the full price pack and keep the half price one and it should come when we get home next week. I can't wait to play it! I've been waiting for this game foreverrrrrrr.
Well I had a friend and the Target and she had said it was a nightmare. The DH was hoping Wal Mart was better. I prefer Target, but it's just a farther drive (unless we're already in Denton).

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #2125
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well I had a friend and the Target and she had said it was a nightmare. The DH was hoping Wal Mart was better. I prefer Target, but it's just a farther drive (unless we're already in Denton).
I always seem to get in some sort of dispute with other shoppers in Walmart lol. I don't know what it is! I don't know how the ones on Texas are but up here they're just so dirty and rundown. I'm sure that both options would have been a nightmare though.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #2126
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Awwwww, the bliss of resort contentment didn't last long.....

There might be some changes on the horizon.

That generic ticker always comes in so handy.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #2127
sjs314

Dani love the pics good memories of my boys and the kiddie rides

wookie I've wanted to go to Red Lobster for years but none in the immediate area same thing with Outback

Saga of Bob update......so he never took his alarm wake up call (5am) off his phone since he retired well last week when I was using it I took it off. Guess what he is sleeping later now (8-9am) even if he has a hard time getting to sleep good right?

Nope now his new complaint is he slept too late and is too tired to get up and out to do or go any place

He has 2 Dr Appt on 9/16 and he better go, he threw out one of his meds after reading about the bad side effects, it was the one that made him walk around like a zombie sometimes but that was his fault since it said take 4x a day which I told him was once every 6 hours but he would take them as he wanted popping one two three or all four at once

I give up the man is hopeless, he does the same thing with another med he takes same directions but he takes 2 in the am and 2 in the PM instead of spacing them out.

And he wonders why he feels bad

Ok vent over

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #2128
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Awwwww, the bliss of resort contentment didn't last long.....

There might be some changes on the horizon.

That generic ticker always comes in so handy.
Hmmm

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #2129
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I am sorry I have been completely MIA since returning from WDW. I've been reading when I get a chance, but no time to comment or update. And I've just been in a funk as well considering everything going on here as well as no trips to plan for right now (not that I'd have the time, but it'd be a welcome diversion at least).

The day after we returned from Disney, my DH took my MIL to Prompt Care because she had a lump on her side and her back was really bothering her. To make a long story short, after an ultrasound, cat scan, and MRI, she's been diagnosed with cancer (probably stage 4, but they never really said). 22cm mass on her right kidney, 7.5cm mass in her colon, and many small lesions in/on her abs. The mass on her kidney is basically so large that it's pushing her other organs (liver and diaphragm). Did a biopsy and found it to be a sarcoma (which is one of the rarest kinds of cancers I guess). Now we're just waiting to hear whether the plan is to cut out as much as they can first, then chemo and radiation or chemo and radiation to shrink and kill as much as possible, then surgery, then more chemo and radiation. She's the strongest woman I know and the most stubborn, so she's ready and willing to fight at this point. Prognosis is at least a bit better of survival rate compared to what we were originally thinking, but I think we're well aware that time is limited even so...they can do a lot with the combination of surgery and chemo and radiation, but it's obviously not curable...

Couple that with a new job for me and the stress levels in the house have been hard to take...

*hugs*
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #2130
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I am sorry I have been completely MIA since returning from WDW. I've been reading when I get a chance, but no time to comment or update. And I've just been in a funk as well considering everything going on here as well as no trips to plan for right now (not that I'd have the time, but it'd be a welcome diversion at least).

The day after we returned from Disney, my DH took my MIL to Prompt Care because she had a lump on her side and her back was really bothering her. To make a long story short, after an ultrasound, cat scan, and MRI, she's been diagnosed with cancer (probably stage 4, but they never really said). 22cm mass on her right kidney, 7.5cm mass in her colon, and many small lesions in/on her abs. The mass on her kidney is basically so large that it's pushing her other organs (liver and diaphragm). Did a biopsy and found it to be a sarcoma (which is one of the rarest kinds of cancers I guess). Now we're just waiting to hear whether the plan is to cut out as much as they can first, then chemo and radiation or chemo and radiation to shrink and kill as much as possible, then surgery, then more chemo and radiation. She's the strongest woman I know and the most stubborn, so she's ready and willing to fight at this point. Prognosis is at least a bit better of survival rate compared to what we were originally thinking, but I think we're well aware that time is limited even so...they can do a lot with the combination of surgery and chemo and radiation, but it's obviously not curable...

Couple that with a new job for me and the stress levels in the house have been hard to take...

*hugs*
Krystal So very sorry to hear about your DMil will pray you get a positive prognosis about her treatment.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: