Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #2071
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Good morning from bright and sunny Sea Isle City! The kids are eating breakfast while I plat catchup. Then we are off to Wildwood for the day and night! Dropping the boys off at the pier for the water park while we go get something to eat (kids are having cereal, and I can't eat just yet ) and then we will all meet up for some fun on the rides, then we will hit the boardwalk and try to last until 10 for the fireworks. Wish me luck!

Linda You are so sweet. It's good to be back!

Sheila BWI sounds like so much fun. I hope when Lily is older we get to stay there.

Marie We will have a super good time when we get to Disney together. It will be the BEST! I wonder where we'll stay
Old 08-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #2072
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Good morning from bright and sunny Sea Isle City! The kids are eating breakfast while I plat catchup. Then we are off to Wildwood for the day and night! Dropping the boys off at the pier for the water park while we go get something to eat (kids are having cereal, and I can't eat just yet ) and then we will all meet up for some fun on the rides, then we will hit the boardwalk and try to last until 10 for the fireworks. Wish me luck!

Sheila BWI sounds like so much fun. I hope when Lily is older we get to stay there.

Marie We will have a super good time when we get to Disney together. It will be the BEST! I wonder where we'll stay
Dani Your plans sound wonderful and the weather is just perfect today Have lots of fun!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #2073
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Dani Your plans sound wonderful and the weather is just perfect today Have lots of fun!
I'll try to post pix tonight or tomorrow. My wifi is spotty here though.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #2074
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

WOW Dani I just googled Sea Isle City and it looks gorgeous! And only 8 hrs away....Hmmmm for next year!

Sigh...everything is for next year! How does one fit it all in!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #2075
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Morning all

Here is Alyssa and Dani first day at Epcot

Alyssa's absolute favorite is Minnie and ran to her like a 5 year old!!!

Definitely some good memories made. Miss her already

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 19 16
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #2076
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Happy Thursday Peeps!
JanetB, your new Sam avatar is *****in'!!!!!!!! Such a pretty young lady. :->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
You know, that was my only slight against AKL -- the busses. Everything else was so wonderful. They really should've made it walkable to AK. That would've given it some added bonus.
I agree 100%. It would have taken the resort and the park to the next level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
I would love to go in August , but alas, I'd probably melt from the heat!! I don't do well in excessive heat and humidity! It is looking like Oct/Nov 2014/ or Jan 2015 for me, depending on when my youngest gets into the military this upcoming year.... he's in grade 12 this year and plans on applying around Feb/ March 2014. We shall see how long the recruiting process takes....if he is around still in oct/ Nov or Jan, he'll be coming, if he's in basic trg. it'll be just hubby and I probably, and that means a whole different trip style! Maybe BWI CL??? we shall see......
How much more fun can planning multiple trips with multiple scenarios in your head possibly be!!!! Have fun with it!

Quote:
Bob says no GF too, he thinks it looks snobby Thing is he loves BWI and the decor which is similar in fact he loves the look of BWI Lounge so I could talk him into GF I think
. Yes, tthat is funny. I am a big BWI lover, although the room interiors are a little too foo-foo-ey for me as well.. But then I look at the art on the walls, the hallway carpeting, the hallway decor with old Jersey Shore photography, and of course the BW itself and I am all GOOD.

Quote:
Good morning from bright and sunny Sea Isle City! :
Aaaahhhhhhh, my beloved Jersey Shore! Enjoy your time Dani.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #2077
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Here is Alyssa and Dani first day at Epcot. Definitely some good memories made. Miss her already
Awwwww, love the pics. Memories to last a lifetime to call up whenever you miss her too much. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #2078
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Jenny- Loved the picture of your three sweet daughters!

Trish-Glad everything went well with dropping your dd off to college. It's a bit of an adjustment period for everyone in that first year or so. Sending you hugs, know you are so proud of her, but also miss her!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #2079
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeanette The girls look so happy at GF You can tell it is their Happy Place

Bob says no GF too, he thinks it looks snobby Thing is he loves BWI and the decor which is similar in fact he loves the look of BWI Lounge so I could talk him into GF I think
Husbands are funny sometimes. Mine loves WDW. The only park he doesn't particularly like is The Magic Kingdom.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #2080
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Well there is just no way I am going to get caught up today. I wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone.

In exactly 14 days, we will be some where between Justin, TX and Biloxi, MS. We have now gotten our Magic Bands, and letter and email inviting us to test MyMagic+. The only thing I have been disappointed with, is that I can't get a FP+ for the Electrical Parade. I can get them for the afternoon parade, just not the EP.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #2081
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

wookie: I have read that people say to keep trying and checking for the ones you cannot get? But who am I to say...really.

Trish: Your pictures are gorgeous! And hugs to you...it must be hard to see her off. Can't imagine.

Ugh, I am waiting not so patiently for the next round of AP discounts to come out. I am sure I haven't mentioned that before right??

Next week at work I have 39 hrs (mostly evenings)....that is a lot for me, usually I am at about 25 on a good week. I said to DH I hope you won't miss me, and he starts chanting..."concierge concierge concierge!!"

He is officially a CL convert. Wondering how he will take to this cruising thing.

Jen
Old 08-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #2082
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
wookie: I have read that people say to keep trying and checking for the ones you cannot get? But who am I to say...really.

Trish: Your pictures are gorgeous! And hugs to you...it must be hard to see her off. Can't imagine.

Ugh, I am waiting not so patiently for the next round of AP discounts to come out. I am sure I haven't mentioned that before right??

Next week at work I have 39 hrs (mostly evenings)....that is a lot for me, usually I am at about 25 on a good week. I said to DH I hope you won't miss me, and he starts chanting..."concierge concierge concierge!!"

He is officially a CL convert. Wondering how he will take to this cruising thing.

Jen
I figured I would try a couple of times until we leave and then try again the day of.

Hopefully, we'll both survive work this next week. I start working 5 days a week in my friend's day care plus picking up kids for the lady next door. Which reminds me that I need to get the minivan cleaned up before Tuesday.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #2083
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

UGH....Minivan cleaning is NOT my favorite chore!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #2084
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies!

Trying to get a quick post in before I go pick up Miss M from her playdate.

Janet: I saw the new pic! Is that her band uniform? She looks AMAZING! Love it, love it, love it. All these RC kids get their good looks from their mommas.

Speaking of...

Jen: the pic! Those girlies are just

Trisha: Lovely photo of the girls with Minnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
. Yes, tthat is funny. I am a big BWI lover, although the room interiors are a little too foo-foo-ey for me as well.. But then I look at the art on the walls, the hallway carpeting, the hallway decor with old Jersey Shore photography, and of course the BW itself and I am all GOOD.
Gettin' me all excited for our BWI trip. I was so surprised how much I liked it inside when we walked around in January. (Had to walk through again back in June to remind myself.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Husbands are funny sometimes. Mine loves WDW. The only park he doesn't particularly like is The Magic Kingdom.
Agreed! Is it the crowds that bother him? It just always seems so very crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well there is just no way I am going to get caught up today. I wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone.
Going to be livin' vicariously through you. Just waiting until after the car clean-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
You and I both, biding our time for those blasted discounts. I keep checking too.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #2085
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Everyone

Quiet Day here I guess being Friday everyone is Busy Busy

MAGIC I guess I like frumpy foo foo too My favorite 2 resorts decor wise are GF and BWI.

I love WL and AKL for the WOW Factor you get when you first step into the Lobbies

Took a nap today and had a dream we did a split stay WL/BWI Hmmm

Trish Great pics of the girls!

Off to get some dinner

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: