Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #2056
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Thursday Peeps!

Sue Great to "see" you here!! Happy you were able to get a different room at YC. Enjoy!

Pas, the girls are so cute (as always!) Waiting to be able to "meet" them in person!

Christine, sending much love to you on Toby's Angel day ....and

Sheila, sending extra to you as well.... love ya both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
PAS, Janet and Dani --- boy would I love to meet up with you ladies at WDW! I think we'd have a blast!!! I hope one day I get a chance to meet up with you all and experience our favourite place with some of my favourite people! RCer friends are the BEST, and I know soon, my Disney days are only going to be solo or with my Dear Disney Friends -- so hopefully some of you won't mind sharing time with me in the future, I don't want to be lonely at my favourite place in the world!!!
Marie, one of these days we will meet up! It would be great! RCer friends are the best!

Quote:
BWI CL sounds so lovely Ginny! you are making me question my decision again -- it will probably come down to cost though, and I am still slightly tilted in favour of Kidani 1 Bdrm suite for my next resort -- mostly for that seperate master bedroom and for the in room laundry!! BWI might be lovely for a couples stay or a solo stay in the future though! (maybe I'll be able to meet up with my Dear Christine and share a room at BWI in the future ....so many possibilities I definitely want to stay there one day! )
Marie, both resorts are awesome! Kidani is so peaceful, we loved our stay there in 2011. you can't go wrong with either one.

Quote:
Keep your fingers crossed for DH on next WED August 28, it's the plastic surgeon consult/ follow up, and hopefully we will have more guidance about where my DH stands in this recovery process -- it seems to be dragging on forever!!! and we are in a little bit of a slump emotionally right now due to it.....
Praying for some good news!

Have a Happy Hump day everyone!!

Love you guys
Marie, keeping your DH in my prayers as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
This time, we are staying Sugarloaf at the Grand!!!!
Wow!! Congrats Candace!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post

Tonight on the way home from therapy, Danimal and I started talking resorts. He picks....are you all ready for this one?

CR...what? Who IS this kid? I looked at rooms. Meh. I'm not sold. I DO like that it is always the first freakin stop. I can't even begin to tell you how annoying it is staying at Poly or GF and waiting for a bus that finally arrives and it's packed. THE WORST, especially at GF as it is the last of the 3 stops. The monorail is always packed in the morning as well. I think the CR would give us a good edge on the competition.

He also says GF is too fancy. Uhhh, what? This year he was begging for GF. Next year it's too fancy. Is he going through puberty early or something?
Dani, face it, you gave birth to an RCer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
We are shuffling off to buffalo this morning. Half way there

I am in car with dd and dh and DS behind us a few miles.

When she gets nervous about school I tell her to pretend she is going to Hogwarts
And will there be butterbeer? Cheers!! Good luck to DD at school and safe travels!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #2057
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Happy Thursday Peeps!

Sue Great to "see" you here!! Happy you were able to get a different room at YC. Enjoy!

Pas, the girls are so cute (as always!) Waiting to be able to "meet" them in person!

Christine, sending much love to you on Toby's Angel day ....and

Sheila, sending extra to you as well.... love ya both!

Marie, one of these days we will meet up! It would be great! RCer friends are the best!

Marie, both resorts are awesome! Kidani is so peaceful, we loved our stay there in 2011. you can't go wrong with either one.

Marie, keeping your DH in my prayers as always.

Wow!! Congrats Candace!!

Dani, face it, you gave birth to an RCer!

And will there be butterbeer? Cheers!! Good luck to DD at school and safe travels!
Feel free to change page 1 - I (shouldn't say this) but feel like its going to stick! Best choice out of a limited pool of options.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #2058
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Hi guys. I have missed more than I've read I fear, but Wishes that you all are having a fun end of summer.
I'm thinking I missed the BIG deals on cheaptickets.com and Orbitz big deals, but I will def keep an eye on them. Thanks, guys, for mentioning these deals.

__________________ ____________________
c

sjs314: Big hug to you.

Minnie&Nana: Hugs for you and safe travels.

pas130: Congratulations on the new job! I am so glad to see you here on the DIS 'cause that means you have a wee little bit o' time for yourself. Loving the pics of DDs at GF.

disneydreamin247: It is so nice to see you here. Hoping for good outcomes for both Daniel and your BFF. With you in their lives, they have lotsa love and strong support. Enjoy the planning for next year.

Mousemommy1: Good you got your UT tickets so fast. So more resort ch-ch-changes? You go girl, CL! GF SL.

SueM: Glad you are having a nice trip, and enjoying Pop, GF and YC.

Missoutandabout: I was just in Detroit and the Killers are coming there in a couple weeks. Glad you enjoyed NY and the show.

Grumpy Grandma: I am sooo out of the loop about the FP+ and all that. I can't wait to hear how you like it all when you are there soon. You trip sounds like a real wild and fun ride.

wookie: Your trip is coming so fast. I know you really need this one. How was San An?

chimo2u: I like reading all your "plannings" for your next trip. An Aug 2014 trip sounds like just what the doc ordered. Speaking of doc, best wishes to you and DH next week.

jennyjinx: Glad your cruise is all paid up!

trishadono: I missed your CBR trip. Hope you had fun. Best wishes to DD on her big adventure.

JanetB: Howz it goin'? Please hook me up for a pg 1 Aug 2014 trip to BWI (yep, a RC ch-ch-change already away from Poly)! You know I am gonna book both of these date ranges, but the early line on dates is either Aug 17-21 or Aug 21-25. (disclaimer: subject to lotsa minor tweaks). I just adored our BWI CL room last year but our buds don't like CL, so maybe a BW view compromise. Lots of time, we'll see.

Gwynne, babyberger, i_heart:

Last edited by MAGIC...itis!; 08-22-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: is
MAGIC...itis! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #2059
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

It's really beginning to sound like August 2014 is the time to be at WDW .... all the kool kids will be there! I need to see how I do with the Aug/Sept heat this year before I decide! Also not sure I'm willing to give up F&W 2 years in a row!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #2060
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
It's really beginning to sound like August 2014 is the time to be at WDW .... all the kool kids will be there! I need to see how I do with the Aug/Sept heat this year before I decide! Also not sure I'm willing to give up F&W 2 years in a row!!!
Holy Cow!!! Your trip is coming up so soon!!!!

I just checked my countdown app - 36 more days!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #2061
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Christine:

Marie: Best wishes for good news next week.

Trisha: Safe journeys!

Pas: How flippin' CUTE! Forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the Pas Girls' Christmas pics a few pages ago.

Janet: Our Pop QUEEN! When does Sam head back to school? Or is she back already?!

Ginny: Loving your plans, as always. I'm already dreaming about that Banoffee tart they'll be offering at the Scotland booth.

Candace: I know that's gonna change... but lemme tell ya, so you can calm the fears of the smell: unless something has changed since June, it smells just like BC/YC in the lobby now.

Jen: So... so... BWI?

Melissa: Are you still at Target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I love AKL, if it were not for it's being all bus transportation I'd stay there without a second though.
And another gentle

You know, that was my only slight against AKL -- the busses. Everything else was so wonderful. They really should've made it walkable to AK. That would've given it some added bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
hi all! Too tired to catch uo, but wanted to just check in! Having a great time. Pop was real cute. We were in building 6 at the very end by lake. Being there only 1 night, we didn't get to walk around

GF was amazing. So happy I had the opportunity to stay there. Got pool view in Boca Chica.

We are now at YC. Love it here. We stayed at BC before. So wanted to try YC! We have a standard view room, looking out front. Our first room was roofs of convention Center and service area, bleck. I couldn't take 12 days of that. So asked if there were any other rooms. So now we have a better view, but one of the large shared balcony looking. I would prefer a private one, but this is an improvement
Glad they could change your room! I didn't even realize there were shared balconies. Our view there was of the lovely bus stop and a dead tree... and that was GARDEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Tonight on the way home from therapy, Danimal and I started talking resorts. He picks....are you all ready for this one?

CR...what?
Added benefit of walking back if the monorail goes bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Also not sure I'm willing to give up F&W 2 years in a row!!!
I have the distinct feeling that I will be creating monster(s) come this October. Our first F&W.

Magic: Sweet, another trip in the works! [I only wish we had been to NY. It was MD (and DE beaches).]

To everyone I've missed, sorry! I'm trying to do too much on my first day back to freedom -- also known as The First Day of School.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #2062
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

's Thanks guys for DH's best wishes! I will for sure let you all know how it goes

Candace: wow! the GF!!! That's exciting! I think you will really enjoy it, and somehow, I agree with you -- it sounds like it might just be your best choice for this trip! I am also really looking forward to hearing how you enjoy POFQ! It's one mod that's held my interest, and maybe for a solo trip / or a girls only trip, it might just be the ticket if I want something a little more cost-efficient for a future trip! I will be excitedly reading your review!

Dani I agree! we'd have a blast!! I will definitely be joining you one day, and your sweet munchkins too I'd love to share a trip with you guys! Your Danimal sure knows how to pick the resorts!! CR, hey???.....well, I agree with him! that monorail that runs through the lobby sure makes it look like no ordinary hotel nice taste young man

Janet for sure, I intend to meet you one day! That will be wonderful, I just know it!

Sheila I love AKL .... so it is still a front runner for me I should know not to mess with perfection by now, trying all these other places that haven't lived up to my AKL LOVE!!!!

Magic -- I would love to go in August , but alas, I'd probably melt from the heat!! I don't do well in excessive heat and humidity! It is looking like Oct/Nov 2014/ or Jan 2015 for me, depending on when my youngest gets into the military this upcoming year.... he's in grade 12 this year and plans on applying around Feb/ March 2014. We shall see how long the recruiting process takes....if he is around still in oct/ Nov or Jan, he'll be coming, if he's in basic trg. it'll be just hubby and I probably, and that means a whole different trip style! Maybe BWI CL??? we shall see......

Happy Thursday Everyone!!!!

Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL

Last edited by chimo2u; 08-22-2013 at 04:04 PM.
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #2063
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Well I survived college move in day!

Having last week at CBR really helped.

Knowing we staying at VGF in January is my goal.

I know that that will be an awesome trip. 2 bedrooms will be nice.

Obama visited buffalo so exits were closed when we arrived and caused problems.

Then on way home he headed to Syracuse and our 3.5 hr drive took 6!!!

Home with Estancia Cabernet Sauvignon so all good

Love and kisses to all! Thanks for giving me something to read and feel each day. You a great bunch of ladies sorry for those who need TLC

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #2064
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Trish: Move in day for college... I can't even contemplate that big step! DId you shed a tear or two?

Janetb: Just have to say your new avatar is the cutest little button ever!

Pas: And your adorable girls smiles just light right up Jeanette! Love the pic! I may post one too!

Miss: Yes commander...still holding strong at BWI! How was Miss M's first day?? I hope it all went well for her.

Marie: I will send good thoughts for your DH too!

Linda: I will miss all the cool kids in November too! Wah...need another RC meet up!

Magic: Don't worry, I cannot get those amazing rates on cheaptickets either. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

JEN waving hi to all!!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #2065
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Here....not resort related, but it was during Flower and Garden if that interests anyone!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #2066
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Here....not resort related, but it was during Flower and Garden if that interests anyone!

Love it

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #2067
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Love F&G, Your girls are beautiful

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #2068
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Magic: Sweet, another trip in the works! wish we had been to NY. It was MD (and DE beaches).
Oooops, where did I get that? laughing: Well then, I hope you enjoyed MD and DE. Cool in other ways!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #2069
MAGIC...itis!

Quote:
Jennyjinx, your girls are cuties!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #2070
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I was thinking about Poly too, but I am SO over construction. The CMs at SL were awesome, and my girls loved the cupcakes! DH refuses to go back to GF, he really didn't enjoy the vibe...I am hoping to get back there eventually. You will be at WL with Dani and I...RC happy hour for evening offerings I can't believe how big my girls have gotten in 2 years looking back at that picture
Jeanette The girls look so happy at GF You can tell it is their Happy Place

Bob says no GF too, he thinks it looks snobby Thing is he loves BWI and the decor which is similar in fact he loves the look of BWI Lounge so I could talk him into GF I think

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: