Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #2041
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Sheila 's to you today, thinking of you and our Dear Friend Christine tomorrow, praying your memories of your dear boys wrap your hearts with comfort, know we are all thinking of and loving you both!

PAS, Janet and Dani --- boy would I love to meet up with you ladies at WDW! I think we'd have a blast!!! I hope one day I get a chance to meet up with you all and experience our favourite place with some of my favourite people! RCer friends are the BEST, and I know soon, my Disney days are only going to be solo or with my Dear Disney Friends -- so hopefully some of you won't mind sharing time with me in the future, I don't want to be lonely at my favourite place in the world!!!

BWI CL sounds so lovely Ginny! you are making me question my decision again -- it will probably come down to cost though, and I am still slightly tilted in favour of Kidani 1 Bdrm suite for my next resort -- mostly for that seperate master bedroom and for the in room laundry!! BWI might be lovely for a couples stay or a solo stay in the future though! (maybe I'll be able to meet up with my Dear Christine and share a room at BWI in the future ....so many possibilities I definitely want to stay there one day! )

Candace: Did you choose AKL CL???? That would be my guess.... if it's any consolation, AKL CL is AMAZING!! one of my favourite slices of heaven in WDW.....I can 100%%% VERY MUCH recommend this resort and you will LOVE it if you get a chance to stay there!!! Can't wait to hear where you end up

I wish I knew more clearly when my dates will be for my trip! I'm almost thinking I should take off in AUGUST SOLO! ( although I HATE the heat!! ) just to meet up with some of my favourite ladies!! So many of you going the same time! That would be wonderful -- but I think my DS Andrew would disown me if I went on my own without him and he could come!!

There will be time soon enough for Girls trips/ and solo-dis-meet adventures!

Wish I had more trip news and excited planning to share with you all, I can't wait until I can join in the fun!
Keep your fingers crossed for DH on next WED August 28, it's the plastic surgeon consult/ follow up, and hopefully we will have more guidance about where my DH stands in this recovery process -- it seems to be dragging on forever!!! and we are in a little bit of a slump emotionally right now due to it.....
Praying for some good news!

Have a Happy Hump day everyone!!

Love you guys

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #2042
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Sheila 's to you today, thinking of you and our Dear Friend Christine tomorrow, praying your memories of your dear boys wrap your hearts with comfort, know we are all thinking of and loving you both!

PAS, Janet and Dani --- boy would I love to meet up with you ladies at WDW! I think we'd have a blast!!! I hope one day I get a chance to meet up with you all and experience our favourite place with some of my favourite people! RCer friends are the BEST, and I know soon, my Disney days are only going to be solo or with my Dear Disney Friends -- so hopefully some of you won't mind sharing time with me in the future, I don't want to be lonely at my favourite place in the world!!!

BWI CL sounds so lovely Ginny! you are making me question my decision again -- it will probably come down to cost though, and I am still slightly tilted in favour of Kidani 1 Bdrm suite for my next resort -- mostly for that seperate master bedroom and for the in room laundry!! BWI might be lovely for a couples stay or a solo stay in the future though! (maybe I'll be able to meet up with my Dear Christine and share a room at BWI in the future ....so many possibilities I definitely want to stay there one day! )

Candace: Did you choose AKL CL???? That would be my guess.... if it's any consolation, AKL CL is AMAZING!! one of my favourite slices of heaven in WDW.....I can 100%%% VERY MUCH recommend this resort and you will LOVE it if you get a chance to stay there!!! Can't wait to hear where you end up

I wish I knew more clearly when my dates will be for my trip! I'm almost thinking I should take off in AUGUST SOLO! ( although I HATE the heat!! ) just to meet up with some of my favourite ladies!! So many of you going the same time! That would be wonderful -- but I think my DS Andrew would disown me if I went on my own without him and he could come!!

Wish I had more trip news and excited planning to share with you all, I can't wait until I can join in the fun!
Keep your fingers crossed for DH on next WED August 28, it's the plastic surgeon consult/ follow up, and hopefully we will have more guidance about where my DH stands in this recovery process -- it seems to be dragging on forever!!! and we are in a little bit of a slump emotionally right now due to it.....

Love you guys
marie thanks so much (((hug))) I will say a prayer for DH's consult next week. I love AKL, if it were not for it's being all bus transportation I'd stay there without a second though. ECV's and buses are such a pia

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #2043
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

Love you guys
No AKL this time Marie....we will get there someday though!!!

This time, we are staying Sugarloaf at the Grand!!!!

We really wanted to be at a monorail resort this trip....preferred Poly but not doing it during construction. DH was NOT feeling the CR "theme" at all and since we know we will be spending quite a bit of time at the resort, our surroundings are important. So, I switched us to GF, bumped it up to CL and now DH and I are pretty much like

I think we will be happy there. The girls will stay in "the castle" as they call it, even if they think it smells, they still think it's pretty

I think it's the perfect fit!

And, at 40% off during value season, it's actually a cheaper rate than the one we had at YC CL!!!

Prayers for your hubby as always!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #2044
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Sheila and Christine - sending hugs for you and your dear angels today, tomorrow, and always
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #2045
Sue M
DIS Veteran

hi all! Too tired to catch uo, but wanted to just check in! Having a great time. Pop was real cute. We were in building 6 at the very end by lake. Being there only 1 night, we didn't get to walk around

GF was amazing. So happy I had the opportunity to stay there. Got pool view in Boca Chica.

We are now at YC. Love it here. We stayed at BC before. So wanted to try YC! We have a standard view room, looking out front. Our first room was roofs of convention Center and service area, bleck. I couldn't take 12 days of that. So asked if there were any other rooms. So now we have a better view, but one of the large shared balcony looking. I would prefer a private one, but this is an improvement
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #2046
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Much love and hugs to our Sheila and Christine.... Thinking of you both.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #2047
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Trying to catch up but you guys are just talking away today and my hearts not into much today so I appoliguise (sp) to anyone I missed

wookie 17 Days!

jenny TY

gwynne Thanks for the tix info, right now still not sure if we want 5 day base, 6 day base or 5 or 6 day PH.......still tweeking ADRs since changeing resorts and I know we want lots of F&W time so we might need PH

Perhaps I will call before I order

That currywurst sounds good!

Candace Hmm I thought for sure you were going to go with CR but now not sure what you are apt to do

gwynne You make BWI CL sound great!

Dani Is the Poly out of the running due to all the construction? I am so glad I switched if I took Bob there he would have hated all the walls up. He hated them at MK and last March we went over to YC for breakfast and we went in one way, go to leave and had to turn around and exit a different way and Grumpy Grumbled
Yes....and it is just time for a change. The timing is right and I think we will ultimately be happy wherever we choose.

Christine and Sheila I have been thinking of you both very much today. Life got busy and I didn't get to post as I wanted to, but have been thinking of you so much. I love you both dearly.

Marie I would LOVE to share a trip with you!!! We would have SO much fun.

Tonight on the way home from therapy, Danimal and I started talking resorts. He picks....are you all ready for this one?

CR...what? Who IS this kid? I looked at rooms. Meh. I'm not sold. I DO like that it is always the first freakin stop. I can't even begin to tell you how annoying it is staying at Poly or GF and waiting for a bus that finally arrives and it's packed. THE WORST, especially at GF as it is the last of the 3 stops. The monorail is always packed in the morning as well. I think the CR would give us a good edge on the competition.

He also says GF is too fancy. Uhhh, what? This year he was begging for GF. Next year it's too fancy. Is he going through puberty early or something?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:50 AM   #2048
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Yes....and it is just time for a change. The timing is right and I think we will ultimately be happy wherever we choose.

Christine and Sheila I have been thinking of you both very much today. Life got busy and I didn't get to post as I wanted to, but have been thinking of you so much. I love you both dearly.

Marie I would LOVE to share a trip with you!!! We would have SO much fun.

Tonight on the way home from therapy, Danimal and I started talking resorts. He picks....are you all ready for this one?

CR...what? Who IS this kid? I looked at rooms. Meh. I'm not sold. I DO like that it is always the first freakin stop. I can't even begin to tell you how annoying it is staying at Poly or GF and waiting for a bus that finally arrives and it's packed. THE WORST, especially at GF as it is the last of the 3 stops. The monorail is always packed in the morning as well. I think the CR would give us a good edge on the competition.

He also says GF is too fancy. Uhhh, what? This year he was begging for GF. Next year it's too fancy. Is he going through puberty early or something?
Dani BWI is first stop too which is a big plus for me with having the EVC. I think the DTD bus picks up YC/BC first but not 100% sure since we haven't gone to DTD last 2 trips.

I was a bit worried about the bus to DHS at the Poly. But we decided to try CL when the discounts came out, Poly wasn't available for our dates so it was between WL and BWI and since our main focus this trip is F&W we went with BWI.

I could not deal with the construction walls at the Poly, I hate them and for a first time stay No Way! So glad we moved.

I like CR except for the bathroom sinks Danimal picked a good resort!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #2049
trishadono
DIS Veteran

We are shuffling off to buffalo this morning. Half way there

I am in car with dd and dh and DS behind us a few miles.

When she gets nervous about school I tell her to pretend she is going to Hogwarts

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #2050
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

When she gets nervous about school I tell her to pretend she is going to Hogwarts
Have a safe trip, and best wishes to your dd!

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #2051
sjs314

Quote:

Safe Travels.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #2052
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Have a great and safe trip!!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #2053
pas130
DIS Veteran

My massive multiquote disappeared....

For Candace....although you'll ch-ch-change....some SL love

Trisha Safe travels!!!

Sue Glad you had a GRAND stay at GF!!

sisI haven't changed in 2 whole days!! I really am excited we might be in the world together again!!! Even though I work right in Bayonne...I never get to visit you!! Sounds like Danimal inheriting the changeritis bug ...just like Maddie

Christine Much love on Toby's Angel day

Sheila I know I texted you yesterday but here's continued

Marie Continued prayers for your family, and best wishes next week
miss E Hope the laundry survived! And thanks for the FB info...I am equally as "careful"

Ginny, Janet, Mama Linda, Wookie, Melissa, Jen, Kook, Jewels, DnzyCrazy...and my RC gals I KNOW I am missing...and sorry if I missed you

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #2054
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Jeanette - that picture is stinking adorable!!!

I'm not sure what the heck we would change to - our options are very limited!! We absolutely wanted to be at a monorail resort for the August trip and with the Poly out of the picture....GF is our most viable option.

DH saw the wall mirror at CR, and was OUT!!! He has a thing about mirrors...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #2055
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Jeanette - that picture is stinking adorable!!!

I'm not sure what the heck we would change to - our options are very limited!! We absolutely wanted to be at a monorail resort for the August trip and with the Poly out of the picture....GF is our most viable option.

DH saw the wall mirror at CR, and was OUT!!! He has a thing about mirrors...
I was thinking about Poly too, but I am SO over construction. The CMs at SL were awesome, and my girls loved the cupcakes! DH refuses to go back to GF, he really didn't enjoy the vibe...I am hoping to get back there eventually. You will be at WL with Dani and I...RC happy hour for evening offerings I can't believe how big my girls have gotten in 2 years looking back at that picture

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: