Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #2026
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Me too! We have such a nice group of RC friends!

I am sorry to hear about your friend, but totally understand that you need to do what is best for you and your sweet kids. You'll figure out the best resort, and have a fab trip!

I always enjoy following along with your trip planning!
Nice to have lots of great options...but how to decide??

Maybe you guys might like a split stay one of these trips.
I am not writing him off completely, but it's more of a tough love situation. Once he is willing to commit to the proper therapies and not just go to a Dr. Feel Good who will write an RX to appease him, then we can work on restoring our friendship.

Disney will be fabulous. Lily will be 3 1/2 and Danimal will be 10 so it will be easier to navigate. Each year gets a bit easier, and Danimal was 4 1/2 when I took him solo the first time so I know we will be ok next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I changed our first night from VGf to GF SL for many reasons,

1. Dd and I love the food options. Afternoon tea is the best/ same food as offered at GVTR.
2. Great access to pool and hottub
3. One stop to MK!
4. The grounds are lovely and nice views of 7 seas lagoon
5. We like the smell
6. Price for New Years at villa was
7. Only stayed there once and dd and I enjoyed the food and building, staff but lounge space blah so ate in our lovely room and balcony

The girls will love afternoon tea, scones and trifle
Now...I am considering GF again If DS has his issues in check next year it may be an option again!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #2027
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I changed our first night from VGf to GF SL for many reasons,

1. Dd and I love the food options. Afternoon tea is the best/ same food as offered at GVTR.
2. Great access to pool and hottub
3. One stop to MK!
4. The grounds are lovely and nice views of 7 seas lagoon
5. We like the smell
6. Price for New Years at villa was
7. Only stayed there once and dd and I enjoyed the food and building, staff but lounge space blah so ate in our lovely room and balcony

The girls will love afternoon tea, scones and trifle
I love the proximity of the Sugarloaf lounge to the pool!!!

I think I know what I might do...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #2028
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps!

Sheila, sending a big your way for your Jason Someday (soon I hope) I can give you a hug in person

Iheart: GF at 42% off?? Did I read this was thru Orbitz? Wow! Congrats!!

Pas, you know I always love seeing the Pas girls!! Beautiful hmmm still waiting on dates my friend... and hopefully Dani can join us too!

Wookie, love your Magic bands . Since Sam and I did not move over to POP our bands were not activated in August... but we have them as souvies and for the next time we go.

Dani, I understand It is not selfish at all. Stay strong.

Definitely an MK resort! Has Daniel ever experience SAB?

Me too Jen!

Jewels.. ALL changes count!! Before, during and even all the mental ones!! This bunch has made changes every step of the way!

Ginny, love your recent changes! (RC list has been noted ) I want to try both Sanaa and Jiko some day. Currywurst? hmmm never heard it.... so it's good huh? Hoping your tix snafu is fixed soon. So close my friend!!
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey - All August RCer's!! Count me in too!! Right now we are 8/22-8/27 and I may add two days at the beginning. FD starts 8/20 next year (and that's what I booked...at least for now...)

Hi Sue Sure you are having a blast!!
We must have been posting simultaneously! Danimal has never been to SAB. He scoped it out when we went to Beaches and Cream last year, but he wasn't even that impressed. He definitely wants to do a water park, so SAB wouldn't really matter one way or the other. I think he really wants to stay at Pop again too so maybe he will do 4 or 5 nights there first. I want him to be happy.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #2029
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I'll bet no one can guess what I did!!!!

I am actually super excited!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #2030
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'll bet no one can guess what I did!!!!

I am actually super excited!!!!!
Are your dd's going to be having fun at the new Alice in Wonderland Spash Pad?
Will you all enjoy afternoon tea?

I'm thinking...maybe GF Sugarloaf! If so, congrats!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #2031
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

It's a slow morning for me ..... so I've been pricing out stays for Aug 2014 .... using the FD BB offer that I can book in 6 days!!! If I book it I'll probably book POR or CS. Then maybe a few nights DVC.
'
Old 08-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #2032
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are your dd's going to be having fun at the new Alice in Wonderland Spash Pad?
Will you all enjoy afternoon tea?

I'm thinking...maybe GF Sugarloaf! If so, congrats!

I'd be lying if I said I don't think it will be

PAST TRIPS:
Old 08-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #2033
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

And then maybe a couple of nights at US ...... see this is how my vacations end up 24 days.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #2034
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Trying to catch up but you guys are just talking away today and my hearts not into much today so I appoliguise (sp) to anyone I missed

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thanks. Hopefully it won't be too bad. It's just after 8 here and I've already been up an hour. Hopefully I can get a nap today before I have to start dinner.

We leave for WDW in 16 days!! I am so ready for this trip!!

On a good note, the lady making the Minnie & Mickey Jack-O-Lantern appliquιs for our MNSSHP night sent me a FB message saying that she should be shipping them out Thursday or Friday, which should stop one of the things keeping me from sleeping. When I paid her through Paypal, I hadn't used it in so long that it didn't have our new address. I sent her a FB message with the correct address, but still keep worrying that she will forget about the new address and send it to the old one. I messages her about it this morning and she thanked me for reminding her and told me about the order almost being ready.
wookie 17 Days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thinking of you Sheila today and Christine tomorrow, sending hugs your way ladies.
jenny TY
Quote:
Hi RC friends,
Happy Wednesday!

Jeanette-I know I'm late with this, but I loved the photo of the Paslets with the Christmas tree! So sweet! Sending congrats for your new job, also.

MM-We love UT, too, and ordering is so easy!

Sheila, I think it kind of depends on what kind of tickets you buy. (How much old backstock they have.) We got 5 day hoppers, they are the new green plastic ones. I know folks who have easily linked both the paper and the plastic ones into MDE. UT is helpful over the phone if someone needs linking tips for the paper tickets.

Iheart-42% off for GF? Congrats!!

GG-About FP+, I'm learning, too. I totally agree with just going with the flow. I am looking forward to hearing about your 5 resort vacation!

Dani
-I've missed you! Good to hear from you. Your beach plans sound like lots of fun, enjoy!

Jenny-I'll be at BWI/CL the end of Sept. If you have any qs let me know. BWI is really nice, convenient. Big lounge is a plus!

Trish-Thats too funny that your DD texts you with travel suggestions. What a deal on your room rate!

Janet-I might be one of those full circle changing people

Minnie- Always good to hear from you!

Miss- Who knows how they make those class lists, I'd wonder, too. I hope MissM is getting settled and meeting new friends.
About FB-I appreciated your tips about how to create an incognito account. I'm not crazy paranoid, I just have some wacky distant relatives that would probably drive me bonkers if they knew I was on it.

Marie-Hope your dh is continuing to heal, thinking of you all!

Melissa-Yay for F&W trip!

Kook-I am backreading your BWI thread, so helpful.

Jewels1916, welcome!

GG,Septembergirl, DznyCrzy, Wookie,Babyberger, -Your trips are right around the corner, woo-hoo!!

============================================
Dh and I realized we were really wishing we could dine at Saana and Jiko-both big favorites of ours. I was very lucky to get reservations..and to make it easy our first two nights are now at at AKL/CL.
I read one too many complaints about the evening offerings at YC...so we're at BWI/CL. We arrive at BWI the day of the soft opening of F&W, so it should be an extra fun day!

Just in case you didn't hear, starting Sept 1st Sommerfest in Germany is going to have currywurst!! This was a huge fav of ours years ago when we lived in Germany. I think we'll head right for that once we're checked in on Thursday.

I've been working with Disney's IT folks on a ticketing issue. I have to say they have been very helpful, and we are making progress. I hope it's all fixed before our trip.

That's about all from here, hope everyone has a great day!
gwynne Thanks for the tix info, right now still not sure if we want 5 day base, 6 day base or 5 or 6 day PH.......still tweeking ADRs since changeing resorts and I know we want lots of F&W time so we might need PH

Perhaps I will call before I order

That currywurst sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
HOT MESS, right now.....

I think we have decided that we don't want to go without CL (surprise, surprise....) and are considering CR, AKL, BWI....maybe GF (Sugarloaf)....

DH is just not at all into the "theme" at CR...not one bit...and that coupled with the fact that Chef Mickey's is right there (our most despised restaurant on property...well....)

What do we do?????
Candace Hmm I thought for sure you were going to go with CR but now not sure what you are apt to do

Quote:
The lounge is much bigger, lots more seating. It's very open, and where they put the trays of food is more convenient to access.
gwynne You make BWI CL sound great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
My planning OCD is kicking in...and I have mentally changed resorts 4 times this morning. WL, CR, BC, and BWI. It's going to be a LONG 12 months.
Dani Is the Poly out of the running due to all the construction? I am so glad I switched if I took Bob there he would have hated all the walls up. He hated them at MK and last March we went over to YC for breakfast and we went in one way, go to leave and had to turn around and exit a different way and Grumpy Grumbled

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #2035
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Trying to catch up but you guys are just talking away today and my hearts not into much today so I appoliguise (sp) to anyone I missed

wookie 17 Days!

jenny TY

gwynne Thanks for the tix info, right now still not sure if we want 5 day base, 6 day base or 5 or 6 day PH.......still tweeking ADRs since changeing resorts and I know we want lots of F&W time so we might need PH

Perhaps I will call before I order

That currywurst sounds good!

Candace Hmm I thought for sure you were going to go with CR but now not sure what you are apt to do

gwynne You make BWI CL sound great!

Dani Is the Poly out of the running due to all the construction? I am so glad I switched if I took Bob there he would have hated all the walls up. He hated them at MK and last March we went over to YC for breakfast and we went in one way, go to leave and had to turn around and exit a different way and Grumpy Grumbled
Stay strong Sheila

PAST TRIPS:
Old 08-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #2036
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Sheila, you know we are united in a very special way today...you and Jason have been in my thoughts since late last night. Holding you so very near in my heart. My love, sweet friend.

I hope Toby, Jason and Shawn are celebrating in heaven today.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #2037
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Sheila, you know we are united in a very special way today...you and Jason have been in my thoughts since late last night. Holding you so very near in my heart. My love, sweet friend.

Minnie, That is a beautiful sentiment.
I am thinking of you and Sheila, and sending gentle hugs your way.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #2038
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Christine I been thinking of you and Toby today too. I have to go over to FB to wish Jason's BFF brother a happy Birthday, he was born 2 years after Jay but we always had parties together when they were young. (((Hug)))

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #2039
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Christine, they are and watched over by our Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Christine I been thinking of you and Toby today too. I have to go over to FB to wish Jason's BFF brother a happy Birthday, he was born 2 years after Jay but we always had parties together when they were young. (((Hug)))
Sheila and Christine....you both have this pix, but thought I'd share with our RC family..... My mom's friend took this pix years ago at sunset and at first did not see at the image of the angel.

For Jason, Shawn and Toby ...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #2040
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Christine, they are and watched over by our Sarah

Sheila and Christine....you both have this pix, but thought I'd share with our RC family..... My mom's friend took this pix years ago at sunset and at first did not see at the image of the angel.

For Jason, Shawn and Toby ...

Wow

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: