Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #2011
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
HOT MESS, right now.....

I think we have decided that we don't want to go without CL (surprise, surprise....) and are considering CR, AKL, BWI....maybe GF (Sugarloaf)....

DH is just not at all into the "theme" at CR...not one bit...and that coupled with the fact that Chef Mickey's is right there (our most despised restaurant on property...well....)

What do we do?????

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #2012
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Keep talkin'....I'm listening....

(Also keeping in mind that this is DH's #1 choice right now....)
MM-You are too funny!
Are you considering AKL for one of your trips, too? Inquiring minds are wondering...

Jenny and MM-If I can check on anything for you guys at AKL/CL or BWI/CL, I'm happy to. The next best thing to trip planning is helping friends plan or research theirs.

TY Kook!
gwynne is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #2013
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So the lounge is a bit bigger than BC? THat was my only irritation there, was that sometimes there was nowhere to sit.
The lounge is much bigger, lots more seating. It's very open, and where they put the trays of food is more convenient to access.

TY Kook!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #2014
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

My planning OCD is kicking in...and I have mentally changed resorts 4 times this morning. WL, CR, BC, and BWI. It's going to be a LONG 12 months.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #2015
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
MM-You are too funny!
Are you considering AKL for one of your trips, too? Inquiring minds are wondering...

Jenny and MM-If I can check on anything for you guys at AKL/CL or BWI/CL, I'm happy to. The next best thing to trip planning is helping friends plan or research theirs.
Yes, AKL CL is in the running for August.

DH loves the pool, we think the resort is gorgeous and the animals very cool. We like that there seems to be a lot of activities for the kids. Plus, my kids LOVE the bunk beds, so another plus.

The only thing holding us back is that "out there" factor. And I don't mean, transportation wise, that we don't mind and don't think is a huge deal, but our last two stays were at WL and YC, which are right in the thick of things...I mean, WL has that secluded feel but we had the castle right out of our balcony!!!

Also, the AKL CL offerings might be too adventurous for my crew, but not sure....

I know this garden wing room at CR is not going to be where we end up, but I am having a hard time deciding where to switch to.

If it weren't for the dang construction, Poly CL would be the one. Without a doubt...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 08-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #2016
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HOT MESS, right now.....

I think we have decided that we don't want to go without CL (surprise, surprise....) and are considering CR, AKL, BWI....maybe GF (Sugarloaf)....

DH is just not at all into the "theme" at CR...not one bit...and that coupled with the fact that Chef Mickey's is right there (our most despised restaurant on property...well....)

What do we do?????

We stopped in at CR to check out rooms there like we did at WL. But the CM's at the front desk were not friendly at all to us. Kind of made us feel small. And the feel of being inside and trying to imagine staying there didn't appeal to us either.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #2017
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, AKL CL is in the running for August.

DH loves the pool, we think the resort is gorgeous and the animals very cool. We like that there seems to be a lot of activities for the kids. Plus, my kids LOVE the bunk beds, so another plus.

The only thing holding us back is that "out there" factor. And I don't mean, transportation wise, that we don't mind and don't think is a huge deal, but our last two stays were at WL and YC, which are right in the thick of things...I mean, WL has that secluded feel but we had the castle right out of our balcony!!!

Also, the AKL CL offerings might be too adventurous for my crew, but not sure....

I know this garden wing room at CR is not going to be where we end up, but I am having a hard time deciding where to switch to.

If it weren't for the dang construction, Poly CL would be the one. Without a doubt...
Decisions, decisions!

AKL is a unique experience, no doubt about it! Amazing!! We find we enjoy it best when we plan a spit stay. We're there for a few days at the beginning of our trip, and then move to a resort that's closer to the other parks. It's kind of the best of both worlds.

TY Kook!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #2018
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
My planning OCD is kicking in...and I have mentally changed resorts 4 times this morning. WL, CR, BC, and BWI. It's going to be a LONG 12 months.
You know us, we're always happy to plan right along with ya!

TY Kook!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #2019
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thankful for my RC friends!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #2020
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
So I have a ? for my fellow RCers! Do you have more changes before or after you book your trip? Do you count changes made before you book to your tally?

I'm just curious!

Courtney
Hi Jewels, It depends. I truly have planned trips with no changing. On the other hand, I've had some trips that had quite a few changes.
No, I don't count.

TY Kook!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #2021
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It looks like I will be swinging it solo this trip. Not even a friend to help. My BFF and I had a falling out when I got home. He isn't sticking to his recovery, and I refuse to support his addiction and mental health issues. I told him repeatedly if he wants to get help I will be by his side 110%. But he doesn't want to. Everything is everyone else's fault, and I have way too much going on in my own life to deal with that. It may sound selfish, but is what it is. This is a friend who robbed my house in the midst of his addiction. I can't continue on this with him for my own mental health.

Since I will be going it alone, I of course need convenience. Which means most likely an MK resort since we spend SO much time there. Maybe a few nights at an EPCOT resort at the end? IDK we will see how it goes. I have 12 months to book and switch lol.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #2022
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We stopped in at CR to check out rooms there like we did at WL. But the CM's at the front desk were not friendly at all to us. Kind of made us feel small. And the feel of being inside and trying to imagine staying there didn't appeal to us either.
I hear you. The big appeal of the CR for us is being able to walk back after Wishes from MK...would be wonderful!!!

However, I honestly think my family would be happy at GF Sugarloaf, despite their misgivings (DH says "fancy nursing home", the girls think it "smells"...the flowers) I think it offers everything we are looking for, with the exception of being able to walk. Multiple transportation options...in the middle of everything...great pools....and, it's cheaper than CL at CR....

I might have to make an executive decision.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 08-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #2023
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Me too! We have such a nice group of RC friends!

Quote:
It looks like I will be swinging it solo this trip. Not even a friend to help. My BFF and I had a falling out when I got home. He isn't sticking to his recovery, and I refuse to support his addiction and mental health issues. I told him repeatedly if he wants to get help I will be by his side 110%. But he doesn't want to. Everything is everyone else's fault, and I have way too much going on in my own life to deal with that. It may sound selfish, but is what it is. This is a friend who robbed my house in the midst of his addiction. I can't continue on this with him for my own mental health.

Since I will be going it alone, I of course need convenience. Which means most likely an MK resort since we spend SO much time there. Maybe a few nights at an EPCOT resort at the end? IDK we will see how it goes. I have 12 months to book and switch lol.
I am sorry to hear about your friend, but totally understand that you need to do what is best for you and your sweet kids. You'll figure out the best resort, and have a fab trip!

Quote:
I hear you. The big appeal of the CR for us is being able to walk back after Wishes from MK...would be wonderful!!!

However, I honestly think my family would be happy at GF Sugarloaf, despite their misgivings (DH says "fancy nursing home", the girls think it "smells"...the flowers) I think it offers everything we are looking for, with the exception of being able to walk. Multiple transportation options...in the middle of everything...great pools....and, it's cheaper than CL at CR....

I always enjoy following along with your trip planning!
Nice to have lots of great options...but how to decide??

Maybe you guys might like a split stay one of these trips.

TY Kook!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #2024
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I changed our first night from VGf to GF SL for many reasons,

1. Dd and I love the food options. Afternoon tea is the best/ same food as offered at GVTR.
2. Great access to pool and hottub
3. One stop to MK!
4. The grounds are lovely and nice views of 7 seas lagoon
5. We like the smell
6. Price for New Years at villa was
7. Only stayed there once and dd and I enjoyed the food and building, staff but lounge space blah so ate in our lovely room and balcony

The girls will love afternoon tea, scones and trifle

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #2025
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!

Sheila, sending a big your way for your Jason Someday (soon I hope) I can give you a hug in person

Iheart: GF at 42% off?? Did I read this was thru Orbitz? Wow! Congrats!!

Pas, you know I always love seeing the Pas girls!! Beautiful hmmm still waiting on dates my friend... and hopefully Dani can join us too!

GG, so very close for you!! SO happy that you and Jess are having this time together before all her new life changes kick in place for her. Please send me a text or two. Will get back to you soon.

Wookie, love your Magic bands . Since Sam and I did not move over to POP our bands were not activated in August... but we have them as souvies and for the next time we go.

Quote:
Dani, I understand It is not selfish at all. Stay strong.

Quote:
Definitely an MK resort! Has Daniel ever experience SAB?

Quote:
Me too Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
So I have a ? for my fellow RCers! Do you have more changes before or after you book your trip? Do you count changes made before you book to your tally?

I'm just curious!

Courtney
Jewels.. ALL changes count!! Before, during and even all the mental ones!! This bunch has made changes every step of the way!

Quote:
Hi RC friends,
Happy Wednesday!

Janet-I might be one of those full circle changing people

============================================
Dh and I realized we were really wishing we could dine at Saana and Jiko-both big favorites of ours. I was very lucky to get reservations..and to make it easy our first two nights are now at at AKL/CL.
I read one too many complaints about the evening offerings at YC...so we're at BWI/CL. We arrive at BWI the day of the soft opening of F&W, so it should be an extra fun day!

Just in case you didn't hear, starting Sept 1st Sommerfest in Germany is going to have currywurst!! This was a huge fav of ours years ago when we lived in Germany. I think we'll head right for that once we're checked in on Thursday.

I've been working with Disney's IT folks on a ticketing issue. I have to say they have been very helpful, and we are making progress. I hope it's all fixed before our trip.

That's about all from here, hope everyone has a great day!
Ginny, love your recent changes! (RC list has been noted ) I want to try both Sanaa and Jiko some day. Currywurst? hmmm never heard it.... so it's good huh? Hoping your tix snafu is fixed soon. So close my friend!!
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey - All August RCer's!! Count me in too!! Right now we are 8/22-8/27 and I may add two days at the beginning. FD starts 8/20 next year (and that's what I booked...at least for now...)

Hi Sue Sure you are having a blast!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 08-21-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: