Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #1996
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Heya ladies!

Linda: Remember to pick me up on the way, okay? I'm bringing the snacks.

Dani: Hugs, my friend. It'll just be that much sweeter on your return trip since you'll be able to relax. Gonna rub it in that I'm so glad I can keep up with ya on FB... now I can add this next bit:

Jen: I'm fourthing/fifthing the "Get on FB" request! And Janet, Jeanette and Kooksterama. Y'all should just make incognito accounts that none of the undesirables can find and you can chit-chat with the rest of us.

I know I'm forgetting something... back after I ruin some laundry!
FB is a real lifesaver lol. Without it I wouldn't talk to the majority of my relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Time off is awesome sis You know me & Brian love you guys...and Brian really liked Danimal too! He has a way with kids...he's like the baby whisperer

You can ch-ch-change to WL and hang with us Candace! or Poly..or we can all keep ch-ch-changing around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon

That would be awesome..my dates are pretty set (did I really say that) I am set on my birthday..and I might be done with school
We love you guys as well! Danimal loved you and Brian so much. He would love a trip together! How funny is it that since it is only the kids and I, I was considering WL?! lol We don't need a huge sprawling room for just the 3 of us. 2 beds is just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
My dates are set too, though I might add a night or two at the end...we are at 8 and usually do 10....but last time that was a touch too long....

Seriously considering just going back to WL CL, so it's funny you say that. We just love that place and always talk about it.

My only issue is that it does not move us forward in our quest to try every resort, but our top choice for the monorail resorts (Poly) is out of the question due to construction...what to do, what to do???
I am set on at least 12. That 5 night nonsense was way too short. I didn't even bother unpacking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
What?! My name isn't on that reservation?!

Hey, my RC friends!

Sorry I am not around these days...I do read as much as possible...I am terrible at trying to post because I want to include everyone and doing almost anything on this iPad would drive me to drink if I wasn't so allergic to the stuff!

Enjoying all the RCing going on here and thrilled about all the upcoming trips for you all!

Have a great rest of the week.
Love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
YES! YES you do my friend -- we need you to join us in FB land would love to see you over our way

Dani: I love being able to keep connected on FB, since I'm there EVERY day, compared to when I can jump on over here , LOL
Glad to hear you got some help with Danimal, I hope his meds and new counselling are just the ticket to some comfort and peace for both him and you! You did the right thing cancelling your trip for a less stressful time, I am sure the time will fly, and you'll be back to WDW again before you know it! Hey, my trip seems to be forever too! looking like Oct 2014/ or Jan/Feb 2015 -- all depending on when/if Andrew gets into the military this spring. He's in grade 12 this yr. and we'll start the recruiting process around Feb/March, hoping it all goes smoothly for him!

So -- it's a waiting game, plus trying to save the money we need is no small task either! we shall see what next yr. brings. Keep strong Dani, you are a wonderful mom, and I know things will work out for you
You are so kind. We will countdown together!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #1997
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Jen: It sounds like a total PITA to make an incognito account, but it really isn't too bad if you make sure to double-check your settings once you get it set up. Easiest thing to do is make a new email address (on Gmail, etc.), use that account to sign up for your FB account (making sure you never share that email address with anyone you don't want to associate with), create your FB account with an alias for your name and no other identifying information. Once it's created, if you want to make it so people can't find you (or very hard anyway), go into your privacy settings within FB and make sure to change everything to "Friends only." Also ensure that the option to have your profile visible to search engines is unchecked. I believe there used to be another option to disallow searching for your profile via your account-associated email address. Another step to keeping it private is to never post a picture of anyone identifiable (yourself, DH or kids) as your profile picture or your "cover photo” since these are always visible to the public. If you do create an account, after you've done all of those things above, another simple thing to do to maintain some privacy, is make sure the audience of anything you post (pictures, status updates, etc.) to FB is set to "Friends Only." Nothing's ever guaranteed, of course, but should keep things mainly private this way.

I swear I only sound sneaky/paranoid on the Internets (I'm not that bad, honest.)
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #1998
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

My FB is locked down tight. An almost 30 single woman can't be too careful these days. I don't need any of my exes tracking me down. Only the ones I want to find me....which is one lol.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #1999
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Well it's 1:48 AM, I'm wide awake, and I have to be up in 5 hours. Hopefully, we don't have a bunch of fussy babies when I get to my friend's house.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:28 AM   #2000
pas130
DIS Veteran

Wook-Im up too..leaving NYC for our third trip...busy night. I hope to get a quick nap in. Working at 10am tomorrow , ahem today. And I have a final exam to get started on....I hope your day isn't too bad! Just think soon you'll be at disney!!!

Sis- that would be so cool. The kids would definitely entertain each other. Bree will just eat Lily up
Old 08-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #2001
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Wook-Im up too..leaving NYC for our third trip...busy night. I hope to get a quick nap in. Working at 10am tomorrow , ahem today. And I have a final exam to get started on....I hope your day isn't too bad! Just think soon you'll be at disney!!!

Sis- that would be so cool. The kids would definitely entertain each other. Bree will just eat Lily up
I don't know how you do it

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #2002
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Thanks. Hopefully it won't be too bad. It's just after 8 here and I've already been up an hour. Hopefully I can get a nap today before I have to start dinner.

We leave for WDW in 16 days!! I am so ready for this trip!!

On a good note, the lady making the Minnie & Mickey Jack-O-Lantern appliqués for our MNSSHP night sent me a FB message saying that she should be shipping them out Thursday or Friday, which should stop one of the things keeping me from sleeping. When I paid her through Paypal, I hadn't used it in so long that it didn't have our new address. I sent her a FB message with the correct address, but still keep worrying that she will forget about the new address and send it to the old one. I messages her about it this morning and she thanked me for reminding her and told me about the order almost being ready.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #2003
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thinking of you Sheila today and Christine tomorrow, sending hugs your way ladies.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #2004
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

So I have a ? for my fellow RCers! Do you have more changes before or after you book your trip? Do you count changes made before you book to your tally?

I'm just curious!

Courtney
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

jewels1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #2005
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RC friends,
Happy Wednesday!

Jeanette-I know I'm late with this, but I loved the photo of the Paslets with the Christmas tree! So sweet! Sending congrats for your new job, also.

MM-We love UT, too, and ordering is so easy!

Sheila, I think it kind of depends on what kind of tickets you buy. (How much old backstock they have.) We got 5 day hoppers, they are the new green plastic ones. I know folks who have easily linked both the paper and the plastic ones into MDE. UT is helpful over the phone if someone needs linking tips for the paper tickets.

Iheart-42% off for GF? Congrats!!

GG-About FP+, I'm learning, too. I totally agree with just going with the flow. I am looking forward to hearing about your 5 resort vacation!

Dani
-I've missed you! Good to hear from you. Your beach plans sound like lots of fun, enjoy!

Jenny-I'll be at BWI/CL the end of Sept. If you have any qs let me know. BWI is really nice, convenient. Big lounge is a plus!

Trish-Thats too funny that your DD texts you with travel suggestions. What a deal on your room rate!

Janet-I might be one of those full circle changing people

Minnie- Always good to hear from you!

Miss- Who knows how they make those class lists, I'd wonder, too. I hope MissM is getting settled and meeting new friends.
About FB-I appreciated your tips about how to create an incognito account. I'm not crazy paranoid, I just have some wacky distant relatives that would probably drive me bonkers if they knew I was on it.

Marie-Hope your dh is continuing to heal, thinking of you all!

Melissa-Yay for F&W trip!

Kook-I am backreading your BWI thread, so helpful.

Jewels1916, welcome!

GG,Septembergirl, DznyCrzy, Wookie,Babyberger, -Your trips are right around the corner, woo-hoo!!

============================================
Dh and I realized we were really wishing we could dine at Saana and Jiko-both big favorites of ours. I was very lucky to get reservations..and to make it easy our first two nights are now at at AKL/CL.
I read one too many complaints about the evening offerings at YC...so we're at BWI/CL. We arrive at BWI the day of the soft opening of F&W, so it should be an extra fun day!

Just in case you didn't hear, starting Sept 1st Sommerfest in Germany is going to have currywurst!! This was a huge fav of ours years ago when we lived in Germany. I think we'll head right for that once we're checked in on Thursday.

I've been working with Disney's IT folks on a ticketing issue. I have to say they have been very helpful, and we are making progress. I hope it's all fixed before our trip.

That's about all from here, hope everyone has a great day!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #2006
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RC friends,

Jenny-I'll be at BWI/CL the end of Sept. If you have any qs let me know. BWI is really nice, convenient. Big lounge is a plus!

Ooooh yay! Have you stayed CL there before then? I just can't imagine not having that convenience now! With the kids it was priceless.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #2007
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ooooh yay! Have you stayed CL there before then? I just can't imagine not having that convenience now! With the kids it was priceless.
We have stayed CL at BWI before, and really like it. I'd recommend it. Kook's thread has lots of details, pictures. The lounge looks formal, but the atmosphere is not stuffy. It's a very friendly CL.
I think your kids would like Luna Park, it's a fun pool! The various activities on the Boardwalk are enjoyable to watch, too.

Hope this helps!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #2008
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have stayed CL at BWI before, and really like it. I'd recommend it. Kook's thread has lots of details, pictures. The lounge looks formal, but the atmosphere is not stuffy. It's a very friendly CL.
I think your kids would like Luna Park, it's a fun pool! The various activities on the Boardwalk are enjoyable to watch, too.

Hope this helps!
So the lounge is a bit bigger than BC? THat was my only irritation there, was that sometimes there was nowhere to sit.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #2009
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope this helps!
Keep talkin'....I'm listening....

(Also keeping in mind that this is DH's #1 choice right now....)

OH! And Ginny - I think we overlap next month!!! We should try to meet up.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL

Last edited by Mousemommy1; 08-21-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #2010
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Keep talkin'....I'm listening....

(Also keeping in mind that this is DH's #1 choice right now....)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: