Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #1936
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Jeanette love the pictures of the girls oh and the Christmas tree is pretty too!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #1937
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

I hear it's PARTAY time for our DEAREST JEANETTE!!

Joining in the festivities to wish you the most awesome, magical, pixie-dusted, amazing year!! WE LOVE YA!!!

and a HUGE congrats on the new job!!! Fingers crossed it goes exceptionally well and works out for you and your family!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #1938
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I just want to comment on how fast Undercover Tourist is! I ordered my tickets on Friday morning and I got them today!!! The money hasn't even officially been taken out of my checking account yet (just showing as on hold) and I already have the tickets! WOW!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #1939
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916

Thanks to both of you! And oh, gosh. On the radar. Top three at the moment are: Yacht Club (neither of us have been there), AKL (Sis dreams of staying there, but it's the only resort I HAVE done at Christmas so I'm on the fence when I have so many other options) and WL (we've both been, but something about WL at Christmas just seems magical!)

And then we have the possibilities of adding a few days and maybe staying at POR Royal Guest Room...

Y'all should see what we've done to try and decide. We literally have written all of our options (different room views incl) on slips of paper and thrown it in a bowl to draw from. Neither of us has been brave enough to choose one and commit yet though!

Oh, and it seems like you're celebrating a birthday, Jeanette! So Happy Happy!

Courtney
Decisions, decisions!!! If I were going at Christmas, I would pick WL!!! How many days are you planning on being there and how many extra days would you have with POR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono

I have only stayed at GF 2 times. One was GV but we got sago cay on side towards monorail. Then at SL facing pool. I would be happy with GV but like Sue M ,NO DORMER

We are staying at GF in jan so cr would break it up. I love being on monorail. Even with F&W I still spend a lot of time at MK. Well I am waiting to see when dh in a good mood so I can approach subject.

We were at a 40 yr old birthday party last night and dh got home at 11:30 on a work night so my usual "ply him with rum n coke when home from work trick" probably won't work today

I will have to be patient and wait until tomorrow or even Wednesday. He doesn't even know I booked airfare yet. I left party at 9:30( good girl) and jetblue had lowered rate from morning
I would definitely go with CR since you are staying at GF in Jan. From the CR, it will be a quick monorail ride to the TTC and a quick change to the EPCOT monorail and you'll be at F&W before you know it!!

Ladies, my vacation countdown is just under 2 weeks today!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #1940
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Jeanette I'm not fond of my Birthday either, especially now that I am getting so old

Love the pcs of the girls and Christmas Trees now I am wishing we were going after Thanksgiving again this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Resort Changers!? I've found my PEOPLE! Hi everyone! My name is Courtney and I am a CHRONIC resort changer!

We haven't even been able to book our Dec 2014 trip because I can't make up my mind of where to book, even though I know it will change a few times before we go!

Anyway, just wanted to jump in and say hi!

Courtney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I just want to comment on how fast Undercover Tourist is! I ordered my tickets on Friday morning and I got them today!!! The money hasn't even officially been taken out of my checking account yet (just showing as on hold) and I already have the tickets! WOW!!!
Candance Curious did you get the new card type tickets or the old ones? I plan on getting ours from UT also, been following a thread where somebody had a few issues changeing the paper ones to the plastic card ones.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #1941
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette I'm not fond of my Birthday either, especially now that I am getting so old

Love the pcs of the girls and Christmas Trees now I am wishing we were going after Thanksgiving again this year.

Candance Curious did you get the new card type tickets or the old ones? I plan on getting ours from UT also, been following a thread where somebody had a few issues changeing the paper ones to the plastic card ones.
I got the new RFID plastic one.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #1942
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I got the new RFID plastic one.
Great! I'm gonna hold off a bit longer and hopefully they will be completely out of the old style Thanks!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #1943
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Anyone waiting for Cali Grill info....

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pen-august-26/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #1944
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hi girls!

Trying to sorta kinda catch up here

pas - Happy Birthday! LOVE the girls pix and congrats on the new job! Sounds like an awesome opportunity for you and your whole family!

Mousemommy - Yay for tix!

Sue - Hope your trip is going great. How did the GF surprise go over?

Miss - Sounds like you had a nice trip back east!

Grumpy Grandma - Your trip.... Sounds amazing though! Have you heard about the glitch that allows a FP for every KTTW from a split stay concurrently plus your AP? I may be able to vouch that this works.

wookie - Getting so close now! AKL is so awazing!

chimo2u - We fell in LOVE with Kidani. I'm seriously considering buying into DVC just for this place.

jenny - Yay for PIF for your cruise! Have you decided where you are staying for the WDW portion yet? I think I missed that? Or I'm forgetting.

trish - I hope you enjoyed CBR!

Janet and babyberger-

I know I've missed a ton of you. Hugs to all of you

We had an absolutely amazing trip, although 10 nights may be a bit long for us though. I'm glad we were in a nice big room for our last days as we had enough of

I'm thinking I may jump in on a deal on cheaptickets.com today and book GF for October. 42% off may just be too good to pass up on. Ahhh, the lure of the deluxe. But no way to CL this time though. Need to save that money for F&W munchies.

Have a great week ladies!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #1945
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Anyone waiting for Cali Grill info....

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pen-august-26/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks!

Food looked amazing!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #1946
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Funny our bonus was always the POTC... Maybe try trying and you might get offerered something different? You are so close now!!
I know, it's hard to believe that this trip is finally this close. It was originally booked at about 200 days out from an early June trip. In a way I almost hate for it to be trip time, since I have no clue when we'll get back to WDW.

Quote:
Wookie, Wolfgang Puck Express would be a great option too!
I talked the DH out of DTD all together. The only reason he wants to go there is to watch a movie, and that we can do at home. Besides, I remembered the original plan for that night was to order a Chicago stuffed pie that night and chill at the resort.

Quote:
And today I see 18 days!!
It's official....my ticker hates me and is trying to drive me crazy. When I look at it, I show it as having 10 more days than it should.

Quote:
Resort Changers!? I've found my PEOPLE! Hi everyone! My name is Courtney and I am a CHRONIC resort changer!

We haven't even been able to book our Dec 2014 trip because I can't make up my mind of where to book, even though I know it will change a few times before we go!

Anyway, just wanted to jump in and say hi!

Courtney

Quote:
Thanks to both of you! And oh, gosh. On the radar. Top three at the moment are: Yacht Club (neither of us have been there), AKL (Sis dreams of staying there, but it's the only resort I HAVE done at Christmas so I'm on the fence when I have so many other options) and WL (we've both been, but something about WL at Christmas just seems magical!)

And then we have the possibilities of adding a few days and maybe staying at POR Royal Guest Room...

Y'all should see what we've done to try and decide. We literally have written all of our options (different room views incl) on slips of paper and thrown it in a bowl to draw from. Neither of us has been brave enough to choose one and commit yet though!

Oh, and it seems like you're celebrating a birthday, Jeanette! So Happy Happy!

Courtney
Have you thought of doing a split stay? This way you don't have to narrow it down to one resort, but two. If we were doing a Christmas time stay, and it was in the budget, I would love to do a WL/GF split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I really can't wait for our AKL stay. We have never even been to the AKL. The DH would have rather stayed at the WL, or GF (but it wasn't in the budget).

Quote:
We had an absolutely amazing trip, although 10 nights may be a bit long for us though. I'm glad we were in a nice big room for our last days as we had enough of
I'm glad y'all made it home safely and had a great trip.

Quote:
I'm thinking I may jump in on a deal on cheaptickets.com today and book GF for October. 42% off may just be too good to pass up on. Ahhh, the lure of the deluxe. But no way to CL this time though. Need to save that money for F&W munchies.

WOW!! I think if my DH saw that deal, even he would be willing to go back to WDW soon.

Well I thought our trip was set in stone, but I guess not. I'm still making changes, and thanks to FP+ I am making even more. We were going to eat dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe our first day in the park, but I hated the idea of having to leave to go to an ADR and then go back to the park. Plus the main reason we were eating there, is one of the menus I saw showed they had mushroom risotto. I only found it on one app I have, and it wasn't an official Disney one. I just hate leaving the park to go the the GF to find out the one item we want to eat there for is no longer on the menu. Plus, it just seems like so much extra walking. I talked to the DH and he liked my idea, which was do CSs on that first day, and have 2 TSs on our Epcot day. I gave the boys some options for lunch and they picked Coral Reef. Now I just need to adjust a few FP+ selections to allow for the new lunch ADR.

Happy Birthday Jeanette!!
May your day be as wonderful as you are.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #1947
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi girls!

pas - Happy Birthday! LOVE the girls pix and congrats on the new job! Sounds like an awesome opportunity for you and your whole family!

Mousemommy - Yay for tix!

Sue - Hope your trip is going great. How did the GF surprise go over?

Miss - Sounds like you had a nice trip back east!

Grumpy Grandma - Your trip.... Sounds amazing though! Have you heard about the glitch that allows a FP for every KTTW from a split stay concurrently plus your AP? I may be able to vouch that this works.

chimo2u - We fell in LOVE with Kidani. I'm seriously considering buying into DVC just for this place.

jenny - Yay for PIF for your cruise! Have you decided where you are staying for the WDW portion yet? I think I missed that? Or I'm forgetting.

trish - I hope you enjoyed CBR!

Janet and babyberger-

I know I've missed a ton of you. Hugs to all of you

I'm hearing all kinds of things about FPs. Part of my trip I have FP+ (when I'm at AKV) but then it let me make FP+s for the rest of my trip after I check out of AKV .... So I guess at the beginning of my trip we can get FPs with both our ap and room key and then at the end we'll have our FP+s reservations, our ap and our room key? Who know .... I'm just going with the flow.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #1948
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi girls!

Holy Cow! GF for that rate is awesome. It is lower than even SS.

Hmmm gonna hold out until tomorrow. Disney's 30% plus another 20% is

CR and Poly was only 20/20. Boardwalk area sold out. WL was a great deal too! Wish DH liked it that would be fun in early November.

Can't complain about staying at the Grand

Hopefully our anniversary remake trip can go off without any problems

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #1949
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Could not resist. I had to book 3 nts at the GF. I decided to still keep that first night at YC so that we can do F&W all day Thursday and then Friday early afternoon before heading over to the GF. All of my many other ressies have officially been canceled.

I'm so excited!!!

trish - Hoping your anniversary redo is

wookie - I like the change in plans. Although I'm not the biggest DTD fan, so take that for what it's worth

Grumpy Grandma - The FP business is so screwy right now. By the time we got to AKV we could pull FP using our APs plus our KTTW from Poly, BC and AKV all at the same time.

We didn't abuse it too much since we couldn't actually move quickly enough to use up that many FP's anyway.

I was trying to picture you pulling FPs for all (is it 6 resorts now???) of your KTTW at a time.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #1950
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

I have to tell you all that I just got a text message from my DSis, not 5 minutes ago, that said "I think we should do Grand Floridian."

Cracks me up that I created this Resort Changing habit in her too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Have you thought of doing a split stay? This way you don't have to narrow it down to one resort, but two. If we were doing a Christmas time stay, and it was in the budget, I would love to do a WL/GF split.
Thanks! And we've discussed it, but it seems like it would be an issue if we do the dining plan, and now that they have these new RFID mugs...I'm just not sure. I've priced a couple of options but haven't found any that really work for us. Maybe I'll keep trying.
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

jewels1916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: