Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #181
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Good afternoon!!! Steven had his 2nd appt for neuro psych re-eval today. Then dropped him home, got a pork butt in the oven for pulled pork tonight (for a Jewish girl, I make a mean pulled pork, lol) and now grabbing lunch with Sarah and running to Target and Publix. Will be back latter to catch up

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Love pulled park!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #182
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
No happy hour here.....Sarah was in the middle of a tantrum and ran up behind me and shoved my lower back. Down for the count....DH wants to take me to the ER, I won't let him. I'm sure it's L4, L5, S1...those discs were herniated in a car accident years ago. Ice and motrin for now. UGH!!!

Melissa I hope your feeling better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I heard from a source that I respect that 2014 rates will be out tomorrow! Hope that's true! Then I can really start pricing options!
MM I am interested to seeing the 2014 rates too, as I would love to book
for March.

Happy Saturday All

Bright and sunny day here ! I need to head out to the store to pick up a few things and want to stop over to the cemetary, I picked up a couple of pin wheels and small Flags for Jay but did not make it over yesterday.

Might take out my new camera, which I love so far. The small size and light weight of the Pen is going to be a delight to take on my trip. Does anyone here use the 3/4 system?

Brown Santa brought my new lens I ordered yesterday a 40-150mm(equivalent to 80-300mm) and I am anxious to test it out.

Now I need to stop spending $ and pay off my trip.

BBL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #183
pas130
DIS Veteran

Melissa I hope you're better today, if not get lots of rest

Sheila, much love and a big hug !

Sis....I love you!!!

An rc will happen, it will be bwi or bc. Dh wants something different. I mentioned wl or akl, he said ill never leave. He's probably right.....
Old 06-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #184
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Traveling has me behind all over the DIS, but I did make it to the gym this morning. Before we head out for the day, here's a short recap from yesterday, in order. The sombreros are in honor of Heather. Snapbucket wasn't working for me yesterday, so I'll try again later today.

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #185
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Melissa I hope you're better today, if not get lots of rest

Sheila, much love and a big hug !

Sis....I love you!!!

An rc will happen, it will be bwi or bc. Dh wants something different. I mentioned wl or akl, he said ill never leave. He's probably right.....
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! I really want RPC for you this trip.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #186
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Morning....very stiff and still hurting but not like last night. Just going to take it easy and nit do to much moving today. Thank you for all the well wishes since DD did this she is now my little slave, LOL!

Candace - Happy anniversary!!!! I checked early this morning for 2014 rates but didn't see them maybe latter.

Jen - get your butt on FB love the pic of DD!!! Yay on spending time with DH!!! Hmmmm, have a feeling we will see you at CL again oh and that blog post....absolute blubbering fool after reading it! Disney truly is a amazing with special needs! We did not feel the same way about Universal

Alysa - I am so sorry the public school is not working out for DD we got very lucky that our school is good. Steven is having issues, but nit at the fault of the school at all. Sarah's ate her last year was phenomenal and helped her to grow so much!! We rarely had to rely in accommodations, her teacher was just a that good

wookie - you know I love the Wave, but haven't eaten at GF Cafe, so can't compare.

Shelia - gave fun testing the new lense! I still chuckle when I read "brown Santa"

Jeanette - ohhhh, an RC, huh??????

Dani - HUGS!!! Think Poly!!!!!

Wil be back to read what KOOK just posted in a bit.

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #187
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Good morning! Thank you jennyjinx3 for that quote...so beautiful!
Well 20 days til BC and counting! But I am trying to contain myself...as I've cancelled 3 times since May...but soo hopeful this time will click! Husband is hopeful as well since the project is starting to wind down. I love this board...and all of you! Hope everyone is doing well. Laundry and yard stuff today and lurking on the boards of course. Since yesterday was the last day for "room only" discounts, I think I am all set with my split. Have a great Saturday everyone!!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #188
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Jan 2014 is up on the website!!! I'm sure the rest of 2014 soon to follow!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #189
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

So I'm thinking about doing the ToT 10K in 2014. I think it's in Oct???? Anyone else thinking about doing it? When do sign ups usually come out??? I really need to get off my bottom and do something!!! DH and I used to walk 1/2 marathons but that's too long for me and 5K might be a little short .... maybe we should get an RC group together .....
Old 06-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #190
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Jan 2014 is up on the website!!! I'm sure the rest of 2014 soon to follow!!!!

What am I doing wrong? I can't get them.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #191
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I am SO behind after being MIA yesterday most of the day due to car issues... :-/

But hello to all!! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #192
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

I am having a hard time keeping up with this thread

WDWKOOK - looks as though you're having lots of fun on your vacation

pas130 - I cannot figure out where you are staying??

Grumpy Grandma - You should definitely go for it! I think registration starts in February

jennyjinx3 - I cried my eyes out. Wonderful story
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #193
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You just gave me an idea. I think we'll get Sonic shakes later tonight.

Quote:
Morning....very stiff and still hurting but not like last night. Just going to take it easy and nit do to much moving today. Thank you for all the well wishes since DD did this she is now my little slave, LOL!
Hopefully the stiffness and pain won't stick around long.

Quote:
wookie - you know I love the Wave, but haven't eaten at GF Cafe, so can't compare.

Melissa

After looking at the GFC dinner menu, it seems they have mushroom risotto there as well. After talking to the DH, I canceled the lunch ADR at Ragland Road, and the dinner one at The Wave. Now the plan is to check into the AKL, go to the MK until the we have to leave for our 5:15 PM ADR. My new question is, do you think a 5:15 ADR will have us back at the MK for the 9 PM Electrical parade? I have never seen it and it is on my must do list for this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I am SO behind after being MIA yesterday most of the day due to car issues... :-/

But hello to all!! :-)

Hopefully, this issues weren't too costly.

Well I'm just waiting on the dryer to get done, and John to take a shower, and then we're going to see the "Man of Steel" movie. Then I have to go to the store to buy the stuff I need to make my homemade lasagna tomorrow.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #194
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Good evening everyone! I have my room requests in for AKL, and I couldn't be happier...they sure make you feel pampered with all their e mails and attention before you even get there! I am so excited....20 days! Hopefully, fingers crossed we won't have to postpone this reservation! I am going to sign off and watch my Bruins (hope it's not a triple overtime tonight!)....have a good night everyone!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #195
TT4Dis
Mouseketeer

Because I am new to this thread I would like to know what makes you choose the resorts you do and once you choose what makes you swap and choose a different one?

My WDW background is: the Contemporary was my first real WDW vacation and I picked it and never wavered, June of last year was offsite because my sister and I were traveling with 5 children and it was the most economical way to put us all in one room, March of this year I had to choose value because we went with family and I chose AoA because it was new.

My upcoming trip is the first time I have ever wavered and considered more than 1 resort. I am torn between WL, AKL and BWI for very different reasons and am having a hard time deciding what reason should override the others.

What most important factor helps you decide...is it cost, location, food, pools? I have 9 days until I plan to book and my brain is burning more cells than I have to spare.

Nov 28-Dec 4, 2010 CR

June 7-16, 2012 Offsite
March 23-28, 2013 AoA LM
TT4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: