Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #1921
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Jeanette,
Think you can take a break from this celebrating and do your duty to RC me????

I am booked for BWI 9/29 but now I am going 11/8-11/11.

I think GF garden room (Orbitz has Disney's 30% plus an additional 15%)
Or maybe CR MK view, or maybe GF lagoon view.

Any opinions? It is $60 a night more for GF LV and $80 for MK Tower TPV.(no rooms at boardwalk area)

Have a wonderful Birthday!!!

Hope the day lasts long and wonderful.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #1922
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Resort Changers!? I've found my PEOPLE! Hi everyone! My name is Courtney and I am a CHRONIC resort changer!

We haven't even been able to book our Dec 2014 trip because I can't make up my mind of where to book, even though I know it will change a few times before we go!

Anyway, just wanted to jump in and say hi!

Courtney
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

jewels1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #1923
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Congrats on the new job and Happy Birthday!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Thank you!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Jeanette,
Think you can take a break from this celebrating and do your duty to RC me????

I am booked for BWI 9/29 but now I am going 11/8-11/11.

I think GF garden room (Orbitz has Disney's 30% plus an additional 15%)
Or maybe CR MK view, or maybe GF lagoon view.

Any opinions? It is $60 a night more for GF LV and $80 for MK Tower TPV.(no rooms at boardwalk area)

Have a wonderful Birthday!!!

Hope the day lasts long and wonderful.
Ah the Orbitz deal I wish I could swing it!! Of course BW books for F&W right??? I am SO partial to GF SOOOOOO GF GV would be my pick! Quick monorail to MK and switch over to Epcot monorail..easy peasy. Or the bus but that is boring...EWP, Wishes from the dock...Lagoon view isn't what is was, and most GV rooms are really very beautiful...so this is the birthday gal's suggestion (CR TPV is pretty nice...but I LOVE GF)

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #1924
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Resort Changers!? I've found my PEOPLE! Hi everyone! My name is Courtney and I am a CHRONIC resort changer!

We haven't even been able to book our Dec 2014 trip because I can't make up my mind of where to book, even though I know it will change a few times before we go!

Courtney
Nice to have you join us Courtney! I'm Jeanette, so what's currently on the radar for booking??With over a year there's LOTS of time to ch-ch-change

Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #1925
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Courtney
Hi! Welcome...and we will be here to help you decide!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #1926
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to our lovely Jeanette!

Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #1927
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I'm retired and of course on west coast time so I'm a little late but

Happy Birthday!!!

Love ya Mama!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #1928
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Nice to have you join us Courtney! I'm Jeanette, so what's currently on the radar for booking??With over a year there's LOTS of time to ch-ch-change
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi! Welcome...and we will be here to help you decide!
Thanks to both of you! And oh, gosh. On the radar. Top three at the moment are: Yacht Club (neither of us have been there), AKL (Sis dreams of staying there, but it's the only resort I HAVE done at Christmas so I'm on the fence when I have so many other options) and WL (we've both been, but something about WL at Christmas just seems magical!)

And then we have the possibilities of adding a few days and maybe staying at POR Royal Guest Room...

Y'all should see what we've done to try and decide. We literally have written all of our options (different room views incl) on slips of paper and thrown it in a bowl to draw from. Neither of us has been brave enough to choose one and commit yet though!

Oh, and it seems like you're celebrating a birthday, Jeanette! So Happy Happy!

Courtney
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

jewels1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #1929
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Jeanette!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #1930
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Welcome Courtney!

I never booked that far in advance! I think my head would burst from the resort changing possibilities

CR at holiday time is pretty too. That 5 story high Christmas tree in front of the resort is

If I can't decide on a resort I usually pick one then visit,shop or eat at the other. That way I get to see all that I like

Trish

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 08-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #1931
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Jeanette!
Have a lovely day!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #1932
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Thank you!!!!!

Ah the Orbitz deal I wish I could swing it!! Of course BW books for F&W right??? I am SO partial to GF SOOOOOO GF GV would be my pick! Quick monorail to MK and switch over to Epcot monorail..easy peasy. Or the bus but that is boring...EWP, Wishes from the dock...Lagoon view isn't what is was, and most GV rooms are really very beautiful...so this is the birthday gal's suggestion (CR TPV is pretty nice...but I LOVE GF)
I have only stayed at GF 2 times. One was GV but we got sago cay on side towards monorail. Then at SL facing pool. I would be happy with GV but like Sue M ,NO DORMER

We are staying at GF in jan so cr would break it up. I love being on monorail. Even with F&W I still spend a lot of time at MK. Well I am waiting to see when dh in a good mood so I can approach subject.

We were at a 40 yr old birthday party last night and dh got home at 11:30 on a work night so my usual "ply him with rum n coke when home from work trick" probably won't work today

I will have to be patient and wait until tomorrow or even Wednesday. He doesn't even know I booked airfare yet. I left party at 9:30( good girl) and jetblue had lowered rate from morning

Old 08-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #1933
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Happy Birthday to our lovely Jeanette!
Thank you Miss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm retired and of course on west coast time so I'm a little late but

Happy Birthday!!!

Love ya Mama!
Never late Mama, I am enjoying my Dis time today Although I really should be attempting homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Happy Birthday Jeanette!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Happy Birthday Jeanette!
Have a lovely day!
Thank you Ginny !!!!

Have I mentioned I love my RC family

Quote:
Thanks to both of you! And oh, gosh. On the radar. Top three at the moment are: Yacht Club (neither of us have been there), AKL (Sis dreams of staying there, but it's the only resort I HAVE done at Christmas so I'm on the fence when I have so many other options) and WL (we've both been, but something about WL at Christmas just seems magical!)

And then we have the possibilities of adding a few days and maybe staying at POR Royal Guest Room...

Y'all should see what we've done to try and decide. We literally have written all of our options (different room views incl) on slips of paper and thrown it in a bowl to draw from. Neither of us has been brave enough to choose one and commit yet though!

Oh, and it seems like you're celebrating a birthday, Jeanette! So Happy Happy!

Courtney
Thanks Courtney! I love that the resort changing is a family affair! Many of us are the only RCers in the family..much to our family's frustration..

Feel free to share all thoughts, decisions here...we never get enough of hearing about changes!!! And the fine peeps here have stayed all over the "world" so you'll get plenty of friendly advice and of course enabling...

so let me share a Christmas pic or 2 to help in your decision....

WL
GF
Poly

Old 08-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #1934
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I have only stayed at GF 2 times. One was GV but we got sago cay on side towards monorail. Then at SL facing pool. I would be happy with GV but like Sue M ,NO DORMER

We are staying at GF in jan so cr would break it up. I love being on monorail. Even with F&W I still spend a lot of time at MK. Well I am waiting to see when dh in a good mood so I can approach subject.

We were at a 40 yr old birthday party last night and dh got home at 11:30 on a work night so my usual "ply him with rum n coke when home from work trick" probably won't work today

I will have to be patient and wait until tomorrow or even Wednesday. He doesn't even know I booked airfare yet. I left party at 9:30( good girl) and jetblue had lowered rate from morning
Well then, CR!!! Same monorail benefit...castle!!! And my girls loved the gingerbread at CR!!

Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #1935
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey girls!

It's our last full day here but we are loving it at Kidani. We spent most of yesterday at the pool here and the kiddos went nuts for the splash ground!

Today we hung around at Jambo. Had a nice lunch from Mara by the pool. It is gorgeous overe there too!

I can't believe I'm saying it but I think I like DVC more than CL. It was so nice to wash all of our clothes and do a little light cooking. Also, the space just can't be beat. The 1 bedroom is HUGE and beautiful!

I'm glad I booked std though. I just haven't seen enough animals on the savannah to justify the extra cost. Though we have enjoyed going to all to viewing areas to check it out. We did see some zebras and giraffes once for a few minutes, but other than that not a whole lot of action. Maybe we are just hitting the wrong times?

Will check back in from home over the weekend.

Sue - you are so close! Glad your first leg of your trip has gone well

Later!
Hi!! Soooo happy to hear you are loving Kidani!!! I think I've pretty much decided that this will be our go to resort for our next trip/ depending on when we get back either Mid/late Oct 2014/ Early Nov 2014 or Jan 2015! I am aiming for and hoping it's Jan 2015 due to value season and getting away from the inevitable cold and snowy Canadian winter we always have! Great to hear you love it more than CL!! I was having a hard time letting go of CL....but some of the perks of the 1 BDRM at Kidani help make it easier to give up..... like the laundry capability in room, the king bed/ seperate master bedroom/bathroom, the extra bathroom (i'll have 2 older teens with me...that's a big plus getting ready in the AM), the extra tv/ sitting space for them, however, I love the savahnah view, so that's one thing I'd have a really hard time giving up!! I hope it all works out for us, it is dependant on when my youngest gets accepted into the military and has to go for basic training.....it's his plan to begin the recruitment process this spring/ spring of his grade 12 yr.....it can take up to 4-6 months to get through all that, so we will see where the process takes us. hopefully a trip will work out for us late next yr!
it's great to hear another person loves Kidani though, so it helps solidify my resort choice for our trip
Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: