Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #1846
trishadono
DIS Veteran

CBR left that for Dani's birthday

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #1847
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Aw....how nice! HappyBirthday to Dani!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #1848
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Good Morning everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

Congrats!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I work tomorrow and the next day. If I get paid tomorrow, I have to get my oil changed and inspection done on the minivan. Well that's if I'm not too tired. I promised my friend I would get there as early as I could. One of the mom's is having a lump taken off her throat. Due to the location (and some other things), her doctors are leaning toward it being thyroid cancer (including the fact that the woman's aunt died of thyroid cancer). Since the surgery is really early tomorrow morning, the (just turned) 2 year old is spending the night with my friend, who is a ball of nerves. My friend texted me a picture of the 4 year olds MRI and my mil said she saw some other abnormal things with it, but she didn't go into exactly what those things were. I may go ask her about it before I go to bed.

Anyway....only 24 days until we leave for WDW, 25 until our overnight first stay at the Swan, and 26 until our very first stay at the AKL(and actually the first time for us to even walk into it).
That is so scary. I hope things go well! It's so easy to take our health for granted but things like that make you realize that if you have good health, you are blessed.

Sounds like we'll be at WDW at the same time! We'll be getting to the resort on Sept 5th and leaving Sept 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono
That was nice of them. Happy Birthday to Dani!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #1849
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Gah! So there was availability with free dining all day yesterday at CSR and I finally got a hold of my TA to book it and there was none left. She called twice and looked online and saw none. So now I think she thinks I just looked at rack rate rooms which there is plenty of everywhere. However, I am a merciless Disney site stalker and checked a billion times throughout the day so I know that I was definitely looking at the right thing. I used a TA this time because my in-laws are going with us and I'm not 100% confident in linking reservations and didn't want to screw anything up. Dang it!!!
emsmommy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #1850
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Gah! So there was availability with free dining all day yesterday at CSR and I finally got a hold of my TA to book it and there was none left. She called twice and looked online and saw none. So now I think she thinks I just looked at rack rate rooms which there is plenty of everywhere. However, I am a merciless Disney site stalker and checked a billion times throughout the day so I know that I was definitely looking at the right thing. I used a TA this time because my in-laws are going with us and I'm not 100% confident in linking reservations and didn't want to screw anything up. Dang it!!!
Ack, that stinks! Keep looking, maybe it will pop up again? I know it is hard using a TA. I hate waiting for them to get on things.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #1851
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
PAS: More good job news! I see that you are considering a move.....I think from what you've stated, it sounds like a wonderful new opportunity!!! can't beat more money, and more importantly more time with the family benefits EVERYONE!!! I sure hope it works out for you! You work so hard and you deserve only the best!

So..... yesterday my youngest (DS Andrew/ 17) pulled at my heartstrings to get out with me for the afternoon! He wanted to go to Costco with me to "hang" and just spend time with me -- he used the "if we go, we can talk about Disney and our trip" card on me, and of course, I couldn't refuse! through our discussions we are a little stuck on when we should plan to go.
Andrew is planning on going to join the military, and was planning on beginning the process this feb/march 2014 which is about 3 months before his graduation.....It takes a good 4 months or so to go through all the processing, which means technically, he could be looking at a September basic training start up if he's accepted and everything goes smoothly -- then again, it could drag on longer, we are not 100% sure. Andrew was thinking well, maybe he should take 7 months off until Jan 2015, and then for sure our Disney trip won't be interuppted, then he can start the process next Jan 2015/feb. However, he's torn because he doesn't really want to waste 7 months at home , unemployed -- he kind of wants to start his career.....so we are at an impasse about what to do with this trip!
Do we go in Oct/Nov time frame for 2014??? and hope he hasn't gotten in yet....I like the idea of Nov, but it's more costly and more crowded....but better weather, and we might hit MVMCP (mid Nov -- might hit Jersey week though). Oct is MNSSHP and perhaps food and wine (was thinking third week of / last week of Oct after columbus day). I really want to stick to January 2015 because it's value season, my 45 birthday is Jan 29, 2015 -- and I'd love to celebrate in Disney! also gives us something to look forward to to get out of this SNOWY and COLD Canadian winter we have every year! Cheapest pricing/ lower crowds......
but we risk Andrew not being able to come if he's in the military and in the middle of training.....
We are lost about when to go! I don't want to do after his grad, because not enough time to save, and I don't do well in extreme heat which knocks off May, June, July and August for me.....I might slightly consider Sept again, but it was really hot, and I really hate the heat, it's as bad as the summer in Sept. The only good thing is there's a good chance of free dining, and it's lower crowds because school is in session.
Marie
Marie, How long is training? We planned a trip for my DS21 Marines' training graduation, it ended up being during FD in late October...maybe that might work!How's DH doing??

Thank you for the congrats, it's really DH I have to talk into it...I had a position I took a few years ago that "changed" once they hooked me. I tried to make it work, but I ended up back at my current ER. So if I leave again...this is it. The money is phenomenal, I can't believe it..the hours are perfect, it's just something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
My phone is a dinosaur so I will have to play catch up when I get home.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind thoughts. We ended up having to stay at the BC but things have gotten better The CL staff has been amazing passing out hugs and taffy to brighten the boys time here.

Sendings hugs to all my RC peeps.
SO glad to hear !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
So happy to hear your trip has got ton better
I know, I am so happy for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Just a quick hello! I have a job!!! It's at my old high school actually and orientation starts tomorrow!

Disney was great and driving was actually less stressful than flying, but we will be waiting on a return trip for a few years at least...maybe at least before DS gets to being a Disney adult! :-)
Welcome home!! And congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post

Ok ladies, off to exercise!! If I don't lose some more weight before vacation I won't fit into my clothes!!!
I have to get back on my diet too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
updates
It was a beautiful beach day today. After visiting mom, we went to The Brighton Shop! We don't have them at home. Daughter got 2 new beads for her bracelet, and I found a pair of earrings. Then we hit the beach at 3:00.
Ashley decided she needed a new one piece for water parks, hers has stretched out. Chlorine and salt water are tough on suits! So after dinner headed to Macy's. slim pickings, but she found one.
The trip of much shopping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
One of the mom's is having a lump taken off her throat. Due to the location (and some other things), her doctors are leaning toward it being thyroid cancer (including the fact that the woman's aunt died of thyroid cancer). Since the surgery is really early tomorrow morning, the (just turned) 2 year old is spending the night with my friend, who is a ball of nerves. My friend texted me a picture of the 4 year olds MRI and my mil said she saw some other abnormal things with it, but she didn't go into exactly what those things were. I may go ask her about it before I go to bed.

Anyway....only 24 days until we leave for WDW, 25 until our overnight first stay at the Swan, and 26 until our very first stay at the AKL(and actually the first time for us to even walk into it).
Oh boy!
Onto good news KIM YOU ARE ALMOST AT DISNEY!!!

Quote:
Nice, and a to Dani!!!

I miss our Dani BTW
Quote:
Is there any way to book through WDW and cancel with the TA? I'd hate to be rude like that, but it is a business..and if it saves you $$$. All you'd have to do is find out the inlaws reservation # and call WDW to link you all up. OR make it known to our TA that's what you want...and most TAs will keep checking

I will be in WDW in 250 days!!!!!!!!!!! My booking at VGF has changed to Spring Break! I guess I can't wait...and I really don't want to pay $1100/nt

CSR BC

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #1852
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323
Oh no!!! I'll admit, I also book the trip myself, to me that's half the fun, and I think I tend to be somewhat of a control freak, haha.

Have her check at other resorts and that way you can get an idea of what's left. Maybe they have something at POFQ? That would be a nice moderate to stay at.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #1853
Sue M
DIS Veteran

pas yay, can't wait to hear about VGF!! Very exciting . Ok, I'm DONE shopping here, honest!!! Today we had to (lol) go back to the Brighton Store, no, really we did couldn't get one of the beads on Ashley's bracelet! I thought it was the wrong size. Of course the sales lady could get it on
Then we each saw earrings we just had to have then I went next door to Pandora, sigh. Then daughter says, lets look at the DSW, so.....of course I found a pair if shoes I just had to have. I'm DONE!!! Really
Until Disney. my mantra for the next 2 days: I will not stop at Macy's. repeat every time I think about it!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #1854
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Here is a teaser!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
Old 08-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #1855
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Picture of the day from CBR! Trinidad North

Old 08-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #1856
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
pas yay, can't wait to hear about VGF!! Very exciting . Ok, I'm DONE shopping here, honest!!! Today we had to (lol) go back to the Brighton Store, no, really we did couldn't get one of the beads on Ashley's bracelet! I thought it was the wrong size. Of course the sales lady could get it on
Then we each saw earrings we just had to have then I went next door to Pandora, sigh. Then daughter says, lets look at the DSW, so.....of course I found a pair if shoes I just had to have. I'm DONE!!! Really
Until Disney. my mantra for the next 2 days: I will not stop at Macy's. repeat every time I think about it!!
Girl shopping is fun! Glad you having a good time!

Old 08-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #1857
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Picture of the day from CBR! Trinidad North
I want to be there!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #1858
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!! I've missed you all!! Between getting back from Disney, not feeling well (real and the Disney blues) .....then off to upstate NY to visit with our two nieces, and getting back to reality with work it's left little time for the DIS... have popped in a few times to try and catch up... but we know how difficult that can be around here

Trish, so sorry I missed your send off! Love your pix!

Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI!!

Quote:
Sue .... OMG, I LOVE the Brighton Store!! My closest one is in King of Prussia Mall (about 16 miles away). There's one in the Phila airport too.. Oh Pandora and Macy's too....wow, guess you will save money when you get to to Disney right? LOL

And I have fond memories of Cracker Barrel.... it's where I first "met" Pas and Sarah in person ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Thank you for the congrats, it's really DH I have to talk into it...I had a position I took a few years ago that "changed" once they hooked me. I tried to make it work, but I ended up back at my current ER. So if I leave again...this is it. The money is phenomenal, I can't believe it..the hours are perfect, it's just something new.
Pas, you know my thoughts on this job opportunity...seems like a great fit, better pay, and just as important, hours great and more family time.... change can be VERY good for one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I will be in WDW in 250 days!!!!!!!!!!! My booking at VGF has changed to Spring Break! I guess I can't wait...and I really don't want to pay $1100/nt

CSR BC
Yippeeee!!!! Pas, where's your ticker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
My phone is a dinosaur so I will have to play catch up when I get home.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind thoughts. We ended up having to stay at the BC but things have gotten better The CL staff has been amazing passing out hugs and taffy to brighten the boys time here.

Sendings hugs to all my RC peeps.
Iheart: so thankful that things are much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Congrats!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I work tomorrow and the next day. If I get paid tomorrow, I have to get my oil changed and inspection done on the minivan. Well that's if I'm not too tired. I promised my friend I would get there as early as I could. One of the mom's is having a lump taken off her throat. Due to the location (and some other things), her doctors are leaning toward it being thyroid cancer (including the fact that the woman's aunt died of thyroid cancer). Since the surgery is really early tomorrow morning, the (just turned) 2 year old is spending the night with my friend, who is a ball of nerves. My friend texted me a picture of the 4 year olds MRI and my mil said she saw some other abnormal things with it, but she didn't go into exactly what those things were. I may go ask her about it before I go to bed.

Wookie, hoping that the procedure goes well with good results...we all need to be grateful if we are blessed with good health as we never know when our lives may change.

And for 24 days till Disney!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 08-15-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #1859
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Alright, so s missed the CBR boat, frustrating but oh well. Then yesterday POR has RGR rooms, and I'm SO happy, I try to get a hold of her and by the time I do, again they are gone. So she left yesterday afternoon for her Disney trip and said just book it if it comes available again and I'll cancel the other ones. Well guess what was available this morning? Garden View POR rooms! I booked two rooms and I am SO happy!!! The great room changing ordeal is over and I have what I REALLY wanted to start with!!!
emsmommy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1860
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Alright, so s missed the CBR boat, frustrating but oh well. Then yesterday POR has RGR rooms, and I'm SO happy, I try to get a hold of her and by the time I do, again they are gone. So she left yesterday afternoon for her Disney trip and said just book it if it comes available again and I'll cancel the other ones. Well guess what was available this morning? Garden View POR rooms! I booked two rooms and I am SO happy!!! The great room changing ordeal is over and I have what I REALLY wanted to start with!!!
Hi Amanda! Congrats!! LOVE POR!! Stayed in a GV room in January and my DD and I were in a Pref AB room just two weeks ago...sigh, wish I were back there. Welcome to our RC home! P.S. post your dates and let me know if you would like to be added to Post #2 of the thread.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: