Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #1831
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
Hi RCers,

Jen-That would be great to get a nice AP deal. Sorry to hear about your TA's little one, hope she is better soon.

DznyCrzy-Poly always looks so beautifully relaxing!

Trish-Have a great time!

Pas-Thinking of you. Know you'll decide what is right for you and yours.

===========================

I have to say booking F&W this year was challenging. Disney's IT folks never fail to add to the difficulty. I had some luck, as well as patience, and we are set. We're going to be busy, but it will be fun. Dh and i are so looking forward to this vacation!

The event plans:
FF German Wine Dinner
Andrea Robinson Culinary Demo
Carla Hall Culinary Demo
Scotland, Land of Food and Drink
French Regional lunch
Rose and Crown Culinary Demo

I guess at the end we'll fly home happy, tired, and probably ready to diet for a few weeks.

All that waiting on line, calling back, trying to work around website problems...has managed to waste a lot of my day. I've got to get busy and get some work done. Will check in later, friends!
Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323
Well, seeing as how I've changed resorts 4 times now, I guess I should jump on this thread. We originally booked at POP, then moved to POR (which is where we really want to be, but no availability with FD), then to CBR, back to POP, and now I think I want to make our final booking for POFQ. I think my TA hates me! Plus we are traveling with my in laws so.... My name is Amanda and I am a resort changer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323

Well apparently pretty darned hard because I have decided to change again! I was missing days on my reservation and it made POFQ look cheaper than it really is. However, CSR with free dining is the exact same price as POP with an upgrade to regular dining from free TS. Should I do it? Bigger beds, but a bigger resort with 4 bus stops? Hmmm...
Hi!

Yes, I would definitely pick CSR over POP! POFQ seems like a nice resort also, but I would go with CSR to get the FD!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #1832
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Well apparently pretty darned hard because I have decided to change again! I was missing days on my reservation and it made POFQ look cheaper than it really is. However, CSR with free dining is the exact same price as POP with an upgrade to regular dining from free TS. Should I do it? Bigger beds, but a bigger resort with 4 bus stops? Hmmm...
I would totally jump on that! We would love to try CSR but with three kiddos we would have to get 2 rooms. Boo.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #1833
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

Hello to my dear RC'er family!

I have been quite busy the last few weeks, working full time to cover my partner, but am back to part time now, so I have a little more time on my hands! (finally ) I can't even be happy that the extra money is for Disney, because unfortunately, it's all going to try and pay down some debt right now! I have to get started on saving for Disney! I only have a year to 16 months to save, and it's not looking good right now!!! Money is always going in one hand and out somewhere else!

Before I tell you what I am thinking for my upcoming trip, I have some congrats to hand out!

Linda: A HUGE congrats to your daughter!!! What an accomplishment to be able to choose from 2 jobs! Yeah for the American Cancer Society, sounds like a GREAT GIG!

PAS: More good job news! I see that you are considering a move.....I think from what you've stated, it sounds like a wonderful new opportunity!!! can't beat more money, and more importantly more time with the family benefits EVERYONE!!! I sure hope it works out for you! You work so hard and you deserve only the best!

Sue: I was in the liquor store the other day looking for something for myself -- I'm not a huge liquor drinker, I enjoy the occasional ceasar or vodka/ fruity drink - I saw bacardi breezers and wondered if I'd like them, but passed on them because I thought they may be too sweet....however, I may just have to give them a try next time I'm out buying something for a bbq! They are pretty easy to come by here in Alberta!

So..... yesterday my youngest (DS Andrew/ 17) pulled at my heartstrings to get out with me for the afternoon! He wanted to go to Costco with me to "hang" and just spend time with me -- he used the "if we go, we can talk about Disney and our trip" card on me, and of course, I couldn't refuse! through our discussions we are a little stuck on when we should plan to go.
Andrew is planning on going to join the military, and was planning on beginning the process this feb/march 2014 which is about 3 months before his graduation.....It takes a good 4 months or so to go through all the processing, which means technically, he could be looking at a September basic training start up if he's accepted and everything goes smoothly -- then again, it could drag on longer, we are not 100% sure. Andrew was thinking well, maybe he should take 7 months off until Jan 2015, and then for sure our Disney trip won't be interuppted, then he can start the process next Jan 2015/feb. However, he's torn because he doesn't really want to waste 7 months at home , unemployed -- he kind of wants to start his career.....so we are at an impasse about what to do with this trip!
Do we go in Oct/Nov time frame for 2014??? and hope he hasn't gotten in yet....I like the idea of Nov, but it's more costly and more crowded....but better weather, and we might hit MVMCP (mid Nov -- might hit Jersey week though). Oct is MNSSHP and perhaps food and wine (was thinking third week of / last week of Oct after columbus day). I really want to stick to January 2015 because it's value season, my 45 birthday is Jan 29, 2015 -- and I'd love to celebrate in Disney! also gives us something to look forward to to get out of this SNOWY and COLD Canadian winter we have every year! Cheapest pricing/ lower crowds......
but we risk Andrew not being able to come if he's in the military and in the middle of training.....
We are lost about when to go! I don't want to do after his grad, because not enough time to save, and I don't do well in extreme heat which knocks off May, June, July and August for me.....I might slightly consider Sept again, but it was really hot, and I really hate the heat, it's as bad as the summer in Sept. The only good thing is there's a good chance of free dining, and it's lower crowds because school is in session.
Any thoughts my friends?? looks like going out to talk with Andrew resulted in some more things to think about!!! ARggghhhh...... more time to save for this trip would be a good thing too!
What to do.....oh, what to do!

Happy Tuesday my lovely friends!

Marie
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #1834
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RCers,

Jen-That would be great to get a nice AP deal. Sorry to hear about your TA's little one, hope she is better soon.

DznyCrzy-Poly always looks so beautifully relaxing!

Trish-Have a great time!

Pas-Thinking of you. Know you'll decide what is right for you and yours.

===========================

I have to say booking F&W this year was challenging. Disney's IT folks never fail to add to the difficulty. I had some luck, as well as patience, and we are set. We're going to be busy, but it will be fun. Dh and i are so looking forward to this vacation!

The event plans:
FF German Wine Dinner
Andrea Robinson Culinary Demo
Carla Hall Culinary Demo
Scotland, Land of Food and Drink
French Regional lunch
Rose and Crown Culinary Demo

I guess at the end we'll fly home happy, tired, and probably ready to diet for a few weeks.

All that waiting on line, calling back, trying to work around website problems...has managed to waste a lot of my day. I've got to get busy and get some work done. Will check in later, friends!
gywnne Quite an impressive lineup of events! No events for us we will have a hard enough time hitting all the booths we want to since it is our first trip fr F&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Well, seeing as how I've changed resorts 4 times now, I guess I should jump on this thread. We originally booked at POP, then moved to POR (which is where we really want to be, but no availability with FD), then to CBR, back to POP, and now I think I want to make our final booking for POFQ. I think my TA hates me! Plus we are traveling with my in laws so.... My name is Amanda and I am a resort changer!
emsmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Or you could be like me and just keep adding on more resorts!!!!

Long story short DD finishes her graduate program next week and then moves for So Cal back to Nor Cal! She was up here last week for 3 job interviews and she was offered 2 jobs!!!! She accepted the position with the American Cancer Society .... proud mama! But she has to start work on Sept 8th!

What's a mama to do???? Why add on more days at the beginning of the trip .... of course! So we are now going on August 27 for 4 nights at CBR. For those of you who are lost here's a recap of my stay.

CBR - 4 nights
POR - 2 nights
CSR - 3 nights
AKV - 7 nights
OKW - 7 nights

You should have seen me scrambling to make ADRs last night!
Linda I love your trip plans! congrats to DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Well apparently pretty darned hard because I have decided to change again! I was missing days on my reservation and it made POFQ look cheaper than it really is. However, CSR with free dining is the exact same price as POP with an upgrade to regular dining from free TS. Should I do it? Bigger beds, but a bigger resort with 4 bus stops? Hmmm...
emsmommy CSR is a Fantastic Resort, Great Pool, Themeing and Restaurants!

As far as size POP which has 2880 Rooms, CSR on the other hand only has 1915 and with 4 bus stops you should be close to one.

I say go for CSR it is a Mod with more of a Deluxe feel IMO
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #1835
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

My phone is a dinosaur so I will have to play catch up when I get home.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind thoughts. We ended up having to stay at the BC but things have gotten better The CL staff has been amazing passing out hugs and taffy to brighten the boys time here.

Sendings hugs to all my RC peeps.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #1836
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hello to my dear RC'er family!

I have been quite busy the last few weeks, working full time to cover my partner, but am back to part time now, so I have a little more time on my hands! (finally ) I can't even be happy that the extra money is for Disney, because unfortunately, it's all going to try and pay down some debt right now! I have to get started on saving for Disney! I only have a year to 16 months to save, and it's not looking good right now!!! Money is always going in one hand and out somewhere else!

Before I tell you what I am thinking for my upcoming trip, I have some congrats to hand out!

Linda: A HUGE congrats to your daughter!!! What an accomplishment to be able to choose from 2 jobs! Yeah for the American Cancer Society, sounds like a GREAT GIG!

PAS: More good job news! I see that you are considering a move.....I think from what you've stated, it sounds like a wonderful new opportunity!!! can't beat more money, and more importantly more time with the family benefits EVERYONE!!! I sure hope it works out for you! You work so hard and you deserve only the best!

Sue: I was in the liquor store the other day looking for something for myself -- I'm not a huge liquor drinker, I enjoy the occasional ceasar or vodka/ fruity drink - I saw bacardi breezers and wondered if I'd like them, but passed on them because I thought they may be too sweet....however, I may just have to give them a try next time I'm out buying something for a bbq! They are pretty easy to come by here in Alberta!

So..... yesterday my youngest (DS Andrew/ 17) pulled at my heartstrings to get out with me for the afternoon! He wanted to go to Costco with me to "hang" and just spend time with me -- he used the "if we go, we can talk about Disney and our trip" card on me, and of course, I couldn't refuse! through our discussions we are a little stuck on when we should plan to go.
Andrew is planning on going to join the military, and was planning on beginning the process this feb/march 2014 which is about 3 months before his graduation.....It takes a good 4 months or so to go through all the processing, which means technically, he could be looking at a September basic training start up if he's accepted and everything goes smoothly -- then again, it could drag on longer, we are not 100% sure. Andrew was thinking well, maybe he should take 7 months off until Jan 2015, and then for sure our Disney trip won't be interuppted, then he can start the process next Jan 2015/feb. However, he's torn because he doesn't really want to waste 7 months at home , unemployed -- he kind of wants to start his career.....so we are at an impasse about what to do with this trip!
Do we go in Oct/Nov time frame for 2014??? and hope he hasn't gotten in yet....I like the idea of Nov, but it's more costly and more crowded....but better weather, and we might hit MVMCP (mid Nov -- might hit Jersey week though). Oct is MNSSHP and perhaps food and wine (was thinking third week of / last week of Oct after columbus day). I really want to stick to January 2015 because it's value season, my 45 birthday is Jan 29, 2015 -- and I'd love to celebrate in Disney! also gives us something to look forward to to get out of this SNOWY and COLD Canadian winter we have every year! Cheapest pricing/ lower crowds......
but we risk Andrew not being able to come if he's in the military and in the middle of training.....
We are lost about when to go! I don't want to do after his grad, because not enough time to save, and I don't do well in extreme heat which knocks off May, June, July and August for me.....I might slightly consider Sept again, but it was really hot, and I really hate the heat, it's as bad as the summer in Sept. The only good thing is there's a good chance of free dining, and it's lower crowds because school is in session.
Any thoughts my friends?? looks like going out to talk with Andrew resulted in some more things to think about!!! ARggghhhh...... more time to save for this trip would be a good thing too!
What to do.....oh, what to do!

Happy Tuesday my lovely friends!

Marie
Marie I know how hard it has to be trying to plan this trip So much to take into consider once the kids start having lives of their own, I thought planning when they were in school was hard. Was I ever wrong

Just make it happen. I would look at November, the Christmas Decorations are beautiful, especially for a family trip.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #1837
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,062

LOL - Gotta love Disney!

A month after my AP expired.....I got....



Love how on top of stuff Disney is, lol!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #1838
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
My phone is a dinosaur so I will have to play catch up when I get home.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind thoughts. We ended up having to stay at the BC but things have gotten better The CL staff has been amazing passing out hugs and taffy to brighten the boys time here.

Sendings hugs to all my RC peeps.
So happy to hear your trip has got ton better
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #1839
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,950

Just a quick hello! I have a job!!! It's at my old high school actually and orientation starts tomorrow!

Disney was great and driving was actually less stressful than flying, but we will be waiting on a return trip for a few years at least...maybe at least before DS gets to being a Disney adult! :-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #1840
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Just a quick hello! I have a job!!! It's at my old high school actually and orientation starts tomorrow!

Disney was great and driving was actually less stressful than flying, but we will be waiting on a return trip for a few years at least...maybe at least before DS gets to being a Disney adult! :-)
Congrats on the job!!!!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #1841
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Just a quick hello! I have a job!!! It's at my old high school actually and orientation starts tomorrow!

Disney was great and driving was actually less stressful than flying, but we will be waiting on a return trip for a few years at least...maybe at least before DS gets to being a Disney adult! :-)
Congrates!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #1842
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

Long story short DD finishes her graduate program next week and then moves for So Cal back to Nor Cal! She was up here last week for 3 job interviews and she was offered 2 jobs!!!! She accepted the position with the American Cancer Society .... proud mama! But she has to start work on Sept 8th!
Congrats to your DD!!! I think that would be so rewarded to there. My mom fought cancer for 20 yrs so that's near and dear to my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hello to my dear RC'er family!

I have been quite busy the last few weeks, working full time to cover my partner, but am back to part time now, so I have a little more time on my hands! (finally ) I can't even be happy that the extra money is for Disney, because unfortunately, it's all going to try and pay down some debt right now! I have to get started on saving for Disney! I only have a year to 16 months to save, and it's not looking good right now!!! Money is always going in one hand and out somewhere else!

Before I tell you what I am thinking for my upcoming trip, I have some congrats to hand out!

Linda: A HUGE congrats to your daughter!!! What an accomplishment to be able to choose from 2 jobs! Yeah for the American Cancer Society, sounds like a GREAT GIG!

PAS: More good job news! I see that you are considering a move.....I think from what you've stated, it sounds like a wonderful new opportunity!!! can't beat more money, and more importantly more time with the family benefits EVERYONE!!! I sure hope it works out for you! You work so hard and you deserve only the best!

Sue: I was in the liquor store the other day looking for something for myself -- I'm not a huge liquor drinker, I enjoy the occasional ceasar or vodka/ fruity drink - I saw bacardi breezers and wondered if I'd like them, but passed on them because I thought they may be too sweet....however, I may just have to give them a try next time I'm out buying something for a bbq! They are pretty easy to come by here in Alberta!

So..... yesterday my youngest (DS Andrew/ 17) pulled at my heartstrings to get out with me for the afternoon! He wanted to go to Costco with me to "hang" and just spend time with me -- he used the "if we go, we can talk about Disney and our trip" card on me, and of course, I couldn't refuse! through our discussions we are a little stuck on when we should plan to go.
Andrew is planning on going to join the military, and was planning on beginning the process this feb/march 2014 which is about 3 months before his graduation.....It takes a good 4 months or so to go through all the processing, which means technically, he could be looking at a September basic training start up if he's accepted and everything goes smoothly -- then again, it could drag on longer, we are not 100% sure. Andrew was thinking well, maybe he should take 7 months off until Jan 2015, and then for sure our Disney trip won't be interuppted, then he can start the process next Jan 2015/feb. However, he's torn because he doesn't really want to waste 7 months at home , unemployed -- he kind of wants to start his career.....so we are at an impasse about what to do with this trip!
Do we go in Oct/Nov time frame for 2014??? and hope he hasn't gotten in yet....I like the idea of Nov, but it's more costly and more crowded....but better weather, and we might hit MVMCP (mid Nov -- might hit Jersey week though). Oct is MNSSHP and perhaps food and wine (was thinking third week of / last week of Oct after columbus day). I really want to stick to January 2015 because it's value season, my 45 birthday is Jan 29, 2015 -- and I'd love to celebrate in Disney! also gives us something to look forward to to get out of this SNOWY and COLD Canadian winter we have every year! Cheapest pricing/ lower crowds......
but we risk Andrew not being able to come if he's in the military and in the middle of training.....
We are lost about when to go! I don't want to do after his grad, because not enough time to save, and I don't do well in extreme heat which knocks off May, June, July and August for me.....I might slightly consider Sept again, but it was really hot, and I really hate the heat, it's as bad as the summer in Sept. The only good thing is there's a good chance of free dining, and it's lower crowds because school is in session.
Any thoughts my friends?? looks like going out to talk with Andrew resulted in some more things to think about!!! ARggghhhh...... more time to save for this trip would be a good thing too!
What to do.....oh, what to do!

Happy Tuesday my lovely friends!

Marie
That would be such a difficult decision!!! I would lean more towards the January trip, although, if you can find a good week in Oct or November that's a really good time to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
My phone is a dinosaur so I will have to play catch up when I get home.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind thoughts. We ended up having to stay at the BC but things have gotten better The CL staff has been amazing passing out hugs and taffy to brighten the boys time here.

Sendings hugs to all my RC peeps.
That's great to hear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
A month after my AP expired.....I got....



Love how on top of stuff Disney is, lol!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Just a quick hello! I have a job!!! It's at my old high school actually and orientation starts tomorrow!

Disney was great and driving was actually less stressful than flying, but we will be waiting on a return trip for a few years at least...maybe at least before DS gets to being a Disney adult! :-)
Congrats on the job!!

Ok ladies, off to exercise!! If I don't lose some more weight before vacation I won't fit into my clothes!!!
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #1843
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,639

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
That is one thing I like about the new rooms. From pictures I've seen they look more modern yet still have a tropical island feel.

What about an EPCOT resort for F&W? I just think it would be so nice to walk to EPCOT during F&W.



No, I also like the August heat down there. We went in August back in 2009 and it didn't bother us. We do prefer going the 1st week of Sept because it's still summer type weather but with much lower crowds.
I would love to go back sometime during the holiday season though.

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!!

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Well, at least I'm not the only crazy person loving the heat. I'd like to see the Christmas decorations too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Well, seeing as how I've changed resorts 4 times now, I guess I should jump on this thread. We originally booked at POP, then moved to POR (which is where we really want to be, but no availability with FD), then to CBR, back to POP, and now I think I want to make our final booking for POFQ. I think my TA hates me! Plus we are traveling with my in laws so.... My name is Amanda and I am a resort changer!
Hi Amanda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Or you could be like me and just keep adding on more resorts!!!!

Long story short DD finishes her graduate program next week and then moves for So Cal back to Nor Cal! She was up here last week for 3 job interviews and she was offered 2 jobs!!!! She accepted the position with the American Cancer Society .... proud mama! But she has to start work on Sept 8th!

What's a mama to do???? Why add on more days at the beginning of the trip .... of course! So we are now going on August 27 for 4 nights at CBR. For those of you who are lost here's a recap of my stay.

CBR - 4 nights
POR - 2 nights
CSR - 3 nights
AKV - 7 nights
OKW - 7 nights

You should have seen me scrambling to make ADRs last night!
Congrats to your daughter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Well apparently pretty darned hard because I have decided to change again! I was missing days on my reservation and it made POFQ look cheaper than it really is. However, CSR with free dining is the exact same price as POP with an upgrade
to regular dining from free TS. Should I do it? Bigger beds, but a bigger resort with 4 bus stops? Hmmm...
CSR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
My phone is a dinosaur so I will have to play catch up when I get home.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind thoughts. We ended up having to stay at the BC but things have gotten better The CL staff has been amazing passing out hugs and taffy to brighten the boys time here.

Sendings hugs to all my RC peeps.
Glad to hear things are getting better. The CL staff is so kind at BC. They noticed my daughter loved the taffy. She always took a few out of the bowl on the CL desk on the way back yo our room, so when we were checking out, they gave her a bag full!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
A month after my AP expired.....I got....



Love how on top of stuff Disney is, lol!
Still waiting for mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Just a quick hello! I have a job!!! It's at my old high school actually and orientation starts tomorrow!

Disney was great and driving was actually less stressful than flying, but we will be waiting on a return trip for a few years at least...maybe at least before DS gets to being a Disney adult! :-)
Yay!! That's great news!

Marie apparently these Breezers are impossible to find down here! I've never tried them. I was shopping for my L.A. Friend who is flying into MCO to join us. She booked YC too. Since I'm here now, with a car, I told her I'd do her grocery shop.
Good luck with your planning! Sorry, I have no suggestions, that's difficult with the timing!

updates
It was a beautiful beach day today. After visiting mom, we went to The Brighton Shop! We don't have them at home. Daughter got 2 new beads for her bracelet, and I found a pair of earrings. Then we hit the beach at 3:00.
Ashley decided she needed a new one piece for water parks, hers has stretched out. Chlorine and salt water are tough on suits! So after dinner headed to Macy's. slim pickings, but she found one.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #1844
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Just a quick hello! I have a job!!! It's at my old high school actually and orientation starts tomorrow!

Disney was great and driving was actually less stressful than flying, but we will be waiting on a return trip for a few years at least...maybe at least before DS gets to being a Disney adult! :-)
Congrats!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I work tomorrow and the next day. If I get paid tomorrow, I have to get my oil changed and inspection done on the minivan. Well that's if I'm not too tired. I promised my friend I would get there as early as I could. One of the mom's is having a lump taken off her throat. Due to the location (and some other things), her doctors are leaning toward it being thyroid cancer (including the fact that the woman's aunt died of thyroid cancer). Since the surgery is really early tomorrow morning, the (just turned) 2 year old is spending the night with my friend, who is a ball of nerves. My friend texted me a picture of the 4 year olds MRI and my mil said she saw some other abnormal things with it, but she didn't go into exactly what those things were. I may go ask her about it before I go to bed.

Anyway....only 24 days until we leave for WDW, 25 until our overnight first stay at the Swan, and 26 until our very first stay at the AKL(and actually the first time for us to even walk into it).
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #1845
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,916

__________________

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: