Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #1816
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin
The friend, that I am working for her in home day care, texted me yesterday to call her ASAP. On Friday one of the boys she takes care of (he's 4 years old), kept complaining of his head hurting. He was in enough pain that he kept crying, so my friend had his mom pick him up early. His parents took him to the doctor and it turns out he has a Arachnoid Cyst.
Glad to hear the little boy is doing fine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse
Hey everybody! We checked into the BC today and it has been less than magical. The resort itself is perfect but the last time we were here was 4 days before my mom passed. The boys have been a bubbling mess of tears pointing out everything they did together and how they spent their last moments with her here

I asked to move to YC but they are full tonight. They are going to check again in the morning. Wish us luck.

I really want to love it here but it is just too hard. I screwed up big time. Ugh. Miss you all and I'm reading along when I can
I'm sorry to hear that. You didn't screw up, you just picked the resort you love!! Try to think of the good times you had there with her and smile. Afterall, I'm sure she's there with you in spirit.

When we went to WDW in 2008 it was my first time back since my mom had passed away so I was an emotional wreck because I have so many memories of so many trips there with my mom.

I'm sure it would be a little easier if you could move to YC, hopefully they can move you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M
You are so right, Original House is sooo much better then IHOP. Love the Apple Pancake, daughter & I shared one. And had a side of sausage patties which were pretty good too!

My daughter is talking about going back to Cracker Barrel for more candy, lol! She ate her Pecan Log already!
That Original House place sounds good, I wish we had a place like that! I am not a fan of IHOP. I've eaten there a couple times but have never really been impressed and I don't plan on going back!! Now, I LOVE the breakfast at Bob Evans!!!

Glad you all liked Cracker Barrel. They do have some good food!! I prefer eating there for lunch or dinner and I love their chicken & dumplings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977
We are home...got in about 1am. Went to Prompt Care this am for a z pack...some sort of bronchial infection...it was not a fun trip home to say the least...

It was a good vacation. The Poly was great. Probably a bit longer in some respects than necessary, but also not long enough...I would propose some sort of WDW/beach split next time I think...
Glad you to hear you had a good vacation. Hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
I have been following along, miss you ladies...news on my job interview. It went great, I am trying to really decide if its a good time to make a move. At my hospital things are very negative and the place makes me angry. I am constantly battling with the charge nurses and its just not the same. I am one to fight and stand up for the right thing..unfortunately it makes me a target. I work with a few fantastic peeps who are friends. BUT, I have to think of me...MORE money and better hours means more times with my family. Believe it or not I HATE changing (jobs at least) I am off tomorrow so Brian and I will chat about it. Keep up all the good work my lovely family
I know it is difficult to make a job change, there are so many uncertainties. It definitely sounds like this would be a good change for you!!

Hi everyone!!! I know, I have been MIA from this thread for a few months, although I have been lurking.

So, I had really wanted to stay at BC or YC this year. My DH was set with staying at the Poly again and after thinking about it, I think that's the best. I am excited about all the new changes coming to the Poly but I would like to experience the resort "as is" one last time, I'm also excited to see the new rooms!!

That being said, I've decided on WL for next year...for now. The resort looks amazing!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #1817
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post

Hi everyone!!! I know, I have been MIA from this thread for a few months, although I have been lurking.

So, I had really wanted to stay at BC or YC this year. My DH was set with staying at the Poly again and after thinking about it, I think that's the best. I am excited about all the new changes coming to the Poly but I would like to experience the resort "as is" one last time, I'm also excited to see the new rooms!!

That being said, I've decided on WL for next year...for now. The resort looks amazing!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Hi

Currently trying to narrow down F&W choice to more than just "deluxe"!

GF has a great rate so, maybe?

I did get the chance to stay at poly in Hawaii in April and May. I loved the new rooms and bath. Feels more modern yet still island feel.

I was disappointed the they took out deep end of the non theme pool(forgot name) now only 3ft the whole way. Same with GF! The courtyard pool deep end is gone. Now CR only one with water at a grown up depth

I only stayed at WL once. Ds loved it! I often visit via boat from CR. QS salad with apples, walnuts and sweet dressing is yum!
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #1818
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I Heart hope things are going better.

Miss enjoy your vacay!

babyberger glad the little boy is ok!

Koh I always leave the hub home Daughters/Mom trip only

Pas I know you'll make the right decision for you

trisadono enjoy

updates . I think I'm the only crazy person who actually enjoys the August heat down here!
Yesterday was some retail therapy, found a Nordstrom Rack . DD picked up a hat to keep the sun off her dark brown hair. I restrained from buying shoes, but when I saw a bottle of Dr Perricone serum for $39 I couldn't pass it up. In Sephora it's $98.

Then went in search of Bacardi Breezers. Why is it so hard to find them??? Ugh. Toured around exploring Boca Raton.

Then met my cousin & his girlfriend at Flanigans by the beach for dinner. Walked back to our hotel along the ocean walkway, I'm loving it. I live near the ocean at home, but the Pacific sure isn't this warm, lol. Went for a dip in the pool before calling it a night.

Today we got up and headed straight for the beach. Ocean calmed down, no strong rips threatening to pull us out to sea! So I enjoyed some quality time floating on my pool noodle . Then it was time to go visit mom. After we went to the mall to load up our wdw gift card at the Disney Store for our dining. Had dinner with the cousin. Was our last dinner together this trip. He's back to work tomorrow, and works long hours, till 10 or 11:00 PM.

Tomorrow more love it!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #1819
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono

Hi

Currently trying to narrow down F&W choice to more than just "deluxe"!

GF has a great rate so, maybe?

I did get the chance to stay at poly in Hawaii in April and May. I loved the new rooms and bath. Feels more modern yet still island feel.

I was disappointed the they took out deep end of the non theme pool(forgot name) now only 3ft the whole way. Same with GF! The courtyard pool deep end is gone. Now CR only one with water at a grown up depth

I only stayed at WL once. Ds loved it! I often visit via boat from CR. QS salad with apples, walnuts and sweet dressing is yum!
That is one thing I like about the new rooms. From pictures I've seen they look more modern yet still have a tropical island feel.

What about an EPCOT resort for F&W? I just think it would be so nice to walk to EPCOT during F&W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M
I Heart hope things are going better.

Miss enjoy your vacay!

babyberger glad the little boy is ok!

Koh I always leave the hub home Daughters/Mom trip only

trisadono enjoy

updates . I think I'm the only crazy person who actually enjoys the August heat down here!
Yesterday was some retail therapy, found a Nordstrom Rack . DD picked up a hat to keep the sun off her dark brown hair. I restrained from buying shoes, but when I saw a bottle of Dr Perricone serum for $39 I couldn't pass it up. In Sephora it's $98.

Then went in search of Bacardi Breezers. Why is it so hard to find them??? Ugh. Toured around exploring Boca Raton.

Then met my cousin & his girlfriend at Flanigans by the beach for dinner. Walked back to our hotel along the ocean walkway, I'm loving it. I live near the ocean at home, but the Pacific sure isn't this warm, lol. Went for a dip in the pool before calling it a night.

Today we got up and headed straight for the beach. Ocean calmed down, no strong rips threatening to pull us out to sea! So I enjoyed some quality time floating on my pool noodle . Then it was time to go visit mom. After we went to the mall to load up our wdw gift card at the Disney Store for our dining. Had dinner with the cousin. Was our last dinner together this trip. He's back to work tomorrow, and works long hours, till 10 or 11:00 PM.

Tomorrow more love it!
No, I also like the August heat down there. We went in August back in 2009 and it didn't bother us. We do prefer going the 1st week of Sept because it's still summer type weather but with much lower crowds.
I would love to go back sometime during the holiday season though.

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!!

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #1820
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! I am patiently waiting to see if AP rates come out at the end of this week, or early next week. I would love to save a wee bit more on our trip! Going to pay off the cruise today also....kind of scary!

I feel really bad though, I have been emailing my TA from DU asking her to add one way transfers back to WDW to our total. She hasn't been getting back to me, and then emails that she is at a childrens hospital with her daughter. Yikes, and here I am bugging her about our trip. Very trivial compared to our her daughters health I am sure.

Anyhoo, hope you all are having a good day!

Jen
Old 08-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #1821
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RCers,

Jen-That would be great to get a nice AP deal. Sorry to hear about your TA's little one, hope she is better soon.

DznyCrzy-Poly always looks so beautifully relaxing!

Trish-Have a great time!

Pas-Thinking of you. Know you'll decide what is right for you and yours.

===========================

I have to say booking F&W this year was challenging. Disney's IT folks never fail to add to the difficulty. I had some luck, as well as patience, and we are set. We're going to be busy, but it will be fun. Dh and i are so looking forward to this vacation!

The event plans:
FF German Wine Dinner
Andrea Robinson Culinary Demo
Carla Hall Culinary Demo
Scotland, Land of Food and Drink
French Regional lunch
Rose and Crown Culinary Demo

I guess at the end we'll fly home happy, tired, and probably ready to diet for a few weeks.

All that waiting on line, calling back, trying to work around website problems...has managed to waste a lot of my day. I've got to get busy and get some work done. Will check in later, friends!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #1822
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wow Ginny all those look awesome! You two are going to have a great time!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #1823
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wow Ginny all those look awesome! You two are going to have a great time!
Awww, thanks Jen!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #1824
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Well, seeing as how I've changed resorts 4 times now, I guess I should jump on this thread. We originally booked at POP, then moved to POR (which is where we really want to be, but no availability with FD), then to CBR, back to POP, and now I think I want to make our final booking for POFQ. I think my TA hates me! Plus we are traveling with my in laws so.... My name is Amanda and I am a resort changer!
emsmommy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #1825
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Well, seeing as how I've changed resorts 4 times now, I guess I should jump on this thread. We originally booked at POP, then moved to POR (which is where we really want to be, but no availability with FD), then to CBR, back to POP, and now I think I want to make our final booking for POFQ. I think my TA hates me! Plus we are traveling with my in laws so.... My name is Amanda and I am a resort changer!
Hi Amanda! You are in the right place! Who knew it would be so hard to figure out where to stay!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #1826
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Amanda! You are in the right place! Who knew it would be so hard to figure out where to stay!
Or you could be like me and just keep adding on more resorts!!!!

Long story short DD finishes her graduate program next week and then moves for So Cal back to Nor Cal! She was up here last week for 3 job interviews and she was offered 2 jobs!!!! She accepted the position with the American Cancer Society .... proud mama! But she has to start work on Sept 8th!

What's a mama to do???? Why add on more days at the beginning of the trip .... of course! So we are now going on August 27 for 4 nights at CBR. For those of you who are lost here's a recap of my stay.

CBR - 4 nights
POR - 2 nights
CSR - 3 nights
AKV - 7 nights
OKW - 7 nights

You should have seen me scrambling to make ADRs last night!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #1827
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

Long story short DD finishes her graduate program next week and then moves for So Cal back to Nor Cal! She was up here last week for 3 job interviews and she was offered 2 jobs!!!! She accepted the position with the American Cancer Society .... proud mama! But she has to start work on Sept 8th!

What's a mama to do???? Why add on more days at the beginning of the trip .... of course! So we are now going on August 27 for 4 nights at CBR. For those of you who are lost here's a recap of my stay.

CBR - 4 nights
POR - 2 nights
CSR - 3 nights
AKV - 7 nights
OKW - 7 nights

Linda you are my hero!! That is such great news about your DD's job too! I would be proud also.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #1828
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well apparently pretty darned hard because I have decided to change again! I was missing days on my reservation and it made POFQ look cheaper than it really is. However, CSR with free dining is the exact same price as POP with an upgrade to regular dining from free TS. Should I do it? Bigger beds, but a bigger resort with 4 bus stops? Hmmm...
emsmommy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #1829
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well apparently pretty darned hard because I have decided to change again! I was missing days on my reservation and it made POFQ look cheaper than it really is. However, CSR with free dining is the exact same price as POP with an upgrade to regular dining from free TS. Should I do it? Bigger beds, but a bigger resort with 4 bus stops? Hmmm...
Do it!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #1830
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We love new friends here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

Tomorrow more love it!
Thanks Sue! We are all missing the beach SO bad! Enjoy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
I know it is difficult to make a job change, there are so many uncertainties. It definitely sounds like this would be a good change for you!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
WL is incredible.....I have been getting the itch to switch to there as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette Family/kids come first coupled with more $ and better hours sounds very positive. I know what you mean about changeing jobs it can be very stressful but if the Hospital surroundings is negative that must be causing a lot of stress too. You'll figure out what is best
Sometimes I wish I had a magic crystal ball. I'm pondering.....hoping the right solution will become clear

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I am patiently waiting to see if AP rates come out at the end of this week, or early next week. I would love to save a wee bit more on our trip! Going to pay off the cruise today also....kind of scary!

I feel really bad though, I have been emailing my TA from DU asking her to add one way transfers back to WDW to our total. She hasn't been getting back to me, and then emails that she is at a childrens hospital with her daughter. Yikes, and here I am bugging her about our trip. Very trivial compared to our her daughters health I am sure.

Anyhoo, hope you all are having a good day!

Jen
Awww you didn't know Jen hope her DD is on the mend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Pas-Thinking of you. Know you'll decide what is right for you and yours.
I've got to get busy and get some work done. Will check in later, friends!
Wow, great job with the F&W plans Ginny!!! And thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

CBR - 4 nights
POR - 2 nights
CSR - 3 nights
AKV - 7 nights
OKW - 7 nights

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's wonderful news !!!!!!
Quote:
Time to try CSR the bus reviews for CSR are pretty good!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: