Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #1801
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey everybody! We checked into the BC today and it has been less than magical. The resort itself is perfect but the last time we were here was 4 days before my mom passed. The boys have been a bubbling mess of tears pointing out everything they did together and how they spent their last moments with her here

I asked to move to YC but they are full tonight. They are going to check again in the morning. Wish us luck.

I really want to love it here but it is just too hard. I screwed up big time. Ugh. Miss you all and I'm reading along when I can
I Heart, Sending big hugs to you. Those feelings can hit when you least expect it, it just happens. I hope they are able to move you tomorrow. If not YC, would BWI be something you'd consider? Thinking of you, and hoping tomorrow is much better.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #1802
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Thinking of you and your fam, I_Heart. ♥ to you guys. Still out here on vacation, just back at my parents' house. Proper reply soon!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #1803
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey everybody! We checked into the BC today and it has been less than magical. The resort itself is perfect but the last time we were here was 4 days before my mom passed. The boys have been a bubbling mess of tears pointing out everything they did together and how they spent their last moments with her here

I asked to move to YC but they are full tonight. They are going to check again in the morning. Wish us luck.

I really want to love it here but it is just too hard. I screwed up big time. Ugh. Miss you all and I'm reading along when I can
Completely understandable I'd say...hopefully you can get moved to YC or somewhere else so you can make more magical memories...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #1804
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

We are home...got in about 1am. Went to Prompt Care this am for a z pack...some sort of bronchial infection...it was not a fun trip home to say the least...

It was a good vacation. The Poly was great. Probably a bit longer in some respects than necessary, but also not long enough...I would propose some sort of WDW/beach split next time I think...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #1805
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

So sorry I haven't been posting, I have been following! Iheart: I am so sorry your family is hurting, I can't imagine the different emotions that are going on. I hope they can move you tomorrow, or at least tomorrow is a better day. Many hugs being sent your way.

Koh so sorry to hear you are sick now! to you too!

Hi to everyone else, will check back in soon.

Jen
Old 08-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #1806
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

I'm sorry y'all are having a hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
You are so right, Original House is sooo much better then IHOP. Love the Apple Pancake, daughter & I shared one. And had a side of sausage patties which were pretty good too!
I can't remember the name of the meal, but I always get the one with like 6 strips of bacon.

Quote:
My daughter is talking about going back to Cracker Barrel for more candy, lol! She ate her Pecan Log already!
I always end up with a bunch of the candy sticks in orange and watermelon.

Quote:
I hope the little boy will be ok. Good thing she had the parents pick him up right away. Poor little guy.
My friend texted me and said that he would be back to her day care on Tuesday. We just have to keep an eye on him, make sure he takes it easy, and that other kids don't hit his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
We are home...got in about 1am. Went to Prompt Care this am for a z pack...some sort of bronchial infection...it was not a fun trip home to say the least...

It was a good vacation. The Poly was great. Probably a bit longer in some respects than necessary, but also not long enough...I would propose some sort of WDW/beach split next time I think...
I'm sorry your sick, get better soon.

Right now I'm trying to convince the DH that I need a new camera before our WDW trip, even though he says I can buy one after I get back with my day care money. I just want it for the trip. I have decided on the Nikon D3200 because I love the feature where it can connect to your smart phone through an app.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #1807
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Home Sorry your not well, hope you feel better soon.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #1808
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'm sorry y'all are having a hard time.

I can't remember the name of the meal, but I always get the one with like 6 strips of bacon.

I always end up with a bunch of the candy sticks in orange and watermelon.

My friend texted me and said that he would be back to her day care on Tuesday. We just have to keep an eye on him, make sure he takes it easy, and that other kids don't hit his head.

I'm sorry your sick, get better soon.

Right now I'm trying to convince the DH that I need a new camera before our WDW trip, even though he says I can buy one after I get back with my day care money. I just want it for the trip. I have decided on the Nikon D3200 because I love the feature where it can connect to your smart phone through an app.
That sounds like a nice feature I hope your DH comes around and you get the camera before your trip!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #1809
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

i_heart- Hopefully today will be a better day. And honestly, this will probably be good and healing for everyone. Everyone will be able to deal with their feelings about your mom, and hopefully be able to move forward making happy new memories. Big hugs to you!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #1810
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The only problem is that the DH is refusing to go back to WDW in a really really long time, if ever.
Let's leave the hubbers home...I will gladly go with you and the boys!! We've got plently of Grannies that will join, heck Grand Villa here we come
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
The Special Offer site is giving me Fits this Morning messing up my daily ritual of checking to see if the much coveted Dxl Room is available yet for my dates. I don't know why I keep checking since I really need to not spend the additional money, it is just I want my BW View Guarenteed
I hope you get the BWV Sheila I've been on Orbitz and I could get a SV BWI room for under $300, KILLING ME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Bob could not run over in his Jammie's as he does not wear any and if he went in just a robe with those hairy legs there would be a scene straight out of the Blob with guests running from the Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello ladies! Checking in from the wonderful east coast. Heading off to the concert in a bit. Just wanted to share a little indulgence we absolutely had to treat ourselves to... reminded me of a conversation we had on here with our Sarah.

Quote:
Our first time at Cracker Barrel was fun. I had pecan crusted catfish. DD had the chicken fried steak. We did some retail therapy there, I bought some of the plastic coated shopping bags. I figured they'd be good to put my groceries in to check in Bell Services. Our first day I'll still have the rental car so will grocery shop for breakfast stuff, juice, wine and maybe a box of Bacardi Breezers! I plan on dropping them off at YC Bell Service to hold till our check in, so less stuff to move from GF. After GF check out we will cab it with our luggage to YC. I'm also doing a grocery shop for my friend who is meeting me at YC, checking in a few days later.

Today we did a Costco shop to re-supply mom with essentials. Then had a visit..
Met my cousin for lunch at my fav Original House of pancakes, not to be confused with IHOP!
Then we headed to the beach for the afternoon. The Ocean has been so rough since we arrived. I like it better when it's calm, and I can float around on my noodle
But the weather has been great!
Loving the live report Sue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Hey Sue!
Sounds like a great start to your trip! That is the AP car/refrigerator magnets. They are slowly mailing them out to pass holders.
Like Sue, I also thought I was on the BC. Welcome to our neck of the DISwoods

Quote:
The friend, that I am working for her in home day care, texted me yesterday to call her ASAP. On Friday one of the boys she takes care of (he's 4 years old), kept complaining of his head hurting. He was in enough pain that he kept crying, so my friend had his mom pick him up early. His parents took him to the doctor and it turns out he has a Arachnoid Cyst.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Pray he is okay!!!

Quote:

You didn't screw up! You can't anticipate how hard those feelings will hit my dear. I hope today is a better day...:hug"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Oh no you did not screw up! Tears are good for healing. You are having a different kind of magical time... But still good family memories are being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I Heart, Sending big hugs to you. Those feelings can hit when you least expect it, it just happens. I hope they are able to move you tomorrow. If not YC, would BWI be something you'd consider? Thinking of you, and hoping tomorrow is much better.
Quote:

Hope you feel better Krystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So sorry I haven't been posting, I have been following! Iheart: I am so sorry your family is hurting, I can't imagine the different emotions that are going on. I hope they can move you tomorrow, or at least tomorrow is a better day. Many hugs being sent your way.

Koh so sorry to hear you are sick now! to you too!

Hi to everyone else, will check back in soon.

Jen
Miss you Jen

I have been following along, miss you ladies...news on my job interview. It went great, I am trying to really decide if its a good time to make a move. At my hospital things are very negative and the place makes me angry. I am constantly battling with the charge nurses and its just not the same. I am one to fight and stand up for the right thing..unfortunately it makes me a target. I work with a few fantastic peeps who are friends. BUT, I have to think of me...MORE money and better hours means more times with my family. Believe it or not I HATE changing (jobs at least) I am off tomorrow so Brian and I will chat about it. Keep up all the good work my lovely family
Old 08-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #1811
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

I have been following along, miss you ladies...news on my job interview. It went great, I am trying to really decide if its a good time to make a move. At my hospital things are very negative and the place makes me angry. I am constantly battling with the charge nurses and its just not the same. I am one to fight and stand up for the right thing..unfortunately it makes me a target. I work with a few fantastic peeps who are friends. BUT, I have to think of me...MORE money and better hours means more times with my family. Believe it or not I HATE changing (jobs at least) I am off tomorrow so Brian and I will chat about it. Keep up all the good work my lovely family
I have made career moves in my lifetime and sometimes you just have to take the plunge. However if not ready keep looking maybe next time!

Leave for airport at 3:15am tonight/tomorrow.

First stop MK and dd favorite Tomorrow Land! Followed by Haunted mansion

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #1812
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have made career moves in my lifetime and sometimes you just have to take the plunge. However if not ready keep looking maybe next time!

Thank you I will keep you posted!

Safe travels SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #1813
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So sorry. Hope things are better this morning.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #1814
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Let's leave the hubbers home...I will gladly go with you and the boys!! We've got plently of Grannies that will join, heck Grand Villa here we come
I hope you get the BWV Sheila I've been on Orbitz and I could get a SV BWI room for under $300, KILLING ME!!!!

Loving the live report Sue!!!

Like Sue, I also thought I was on the BC. Welcome to our neck of the DISwoods

Pray he is okay!!!

You didn't screw up! You can't anticipate how hard those feelings will hit my dear. I hope today is a better day...:hug"

Hope you feel better Krystal

Miss you Jen

Jeanette Family/kids come first coupled with more $ and better hours sounds very positive. I know what you mean about changeing jobs it can be very stressful but if the Hospital surroundings is negative that must be causing a lot of stress too. You'll figure out what is best

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #1815
sjs314

Quote:

Safe Travels!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: