Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #1786
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
GM RC Friends :waves:

Hope All of You have a Great Saturday!

The Special Offer site is giving me Fits this Morning messing up my daily ritual of checking to see if the much coveted Dxl Room is available yet for my dates. I don't know why I keep checking since I really need to not spend the additional money, it is just I want my BW View Guarenteed

Linda Were you in room 4237 by any chance? I happened across a TR this am and the DISer had that room. King bed and BW view, directly across from the lounge.

Should I add King Bed to my request or the room # or both? I hate to bug IPO again
The pluses of the deluxe CL room at BWI -They are lovely and they do have a lagoon view.

The negatives-Some are on the 4th, some are on the 3rd. The last time we were at WDW we got one of the 3rd floor rooms. I'm not a complainer, usually, but I have to tell you it was a pain. The back stairs are ok, but folks coming back from the lounge would drop food on the stairs...very messy and unsafe. We found getting to the lounge kind of a hassle, and we didn't enjoy trying to avoid the smashed grapes, spilled drinks on the stairs, or the long walk to the elevator. I did mention the mess to a lounge CM, and they sent someone with a napkin to "pick up" most of the grapes.

When we book BWI in the future, it will be a standard CL. Those rooms are on the 4th, and much more convenient to the lounge. We like our coffee in the morning. I usually go to the lounge and bring back two cups. Great on the 4th floor, not so much on the 3rd.

I would not recommend asking for a specific room. If View is important, let them know you would love a lagoon view and enjoy spending time on your balcony. If you request a king, it's likely they will try to accommodate that before trying to find a lagoon view. It is a bit of a roll of the dice, but the nice thing is that you pay standard, and may get a lagoon view.

I hope this was of some help, booking at WDW is always a challenge.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #1787
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

sjs314: Close. I checked my "vault" and this is the only room I that couldn't find my folio for, and the resort map only said 4! I save stuff like that dontcha know...

So anyway, I also remembered taking a pic of the room # placard and posting it here. I looked it up on my old cell phone, and, Voila, I found it! We were 4235. It was a King with BW view (right in front of BW Joe's) and a balcony. We were so close that even DH didn't mind running across the hall for coffee in his "jammies".
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #1788
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
The pluses of the deluxe CL room at BWI -They are lovely and they do have a lagoon view.

The negatives-Some are on the 4th, some are on the 3rd. The last time we were at WDW we got one of the 3rd floor rooms. I'm not a complainer, usually, but I have to tell you it was a pain. The back stairs are ok, but folks coming back from the lounge would drop food on the stairs...very messy and unsafe. We found getting to the lounge kind of a hassle, and we didn't enjoy trying to avoid the smashed grapes, spilled drinks on the stairs, or the long walk to the elevator. I did mention the mess to a lounge CM, and they sent someone with a napkin to "pick up" most of the grapes.

When we book BWI in the future, it will be a standard CL. Those rooms are on the 4th, and much more convenient to the lounge. We like our coffee in the morning. I usually go to the lounge and bring back two cups. Great on the 4th floor, not so much on the 3rd.

I would not recommend asking for a specific room. If View is important, let them know you would love a lagoon view and enjoy spending time on your balcony. If you request a king, it's likely they will try to accommodate that before trying to find a lagoon view. It is a bit of a roll of the dice, but the nice thing is that you pay standard, and may get a lagoon view.

I hope this was of some help, booking at WDW is always a challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
sjs314: Close. I checked my "vault" and this is the only room I that couldn't find my folio for, and the resort map only said 4! I save stuff like that dontcha know...

So anyway, I also remembered taking a pic of the room # placard and posting it here. I looked it up on my old cell phone, and, Voila, I found it! We were 4235. It was a King with BW view (right in front of BW Joe's) and a balcony. We were so close that even DH didn't mind running across the hall for coffee in his "jammies".
Thanks Gwynne & Linda I already requested BW View and 4th floor Maybe I will just add "close to lounge"

Our last to stays we were not too far from the Belle Vue Lounge and I sent Bob over to fill our free refill mugs each morning so being close would be an added plus

Bob could not run over in his Jammie's as he does not wear any and if he went in just a robe with those hairy legs there would be a scene straight out of the Blob with guests running from the Lounge

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #1789
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies! Checking in from the wonderful east coast. Heading off to the concert in a bit. Just wanted to share a little indulgence we absolutely had to treat ourselves to... reminded me of a conversation we had on here with our Sarah.

Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #1790
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello ladies! Checking in from the wonderful east coast. Heading off to the concert in a bit. Just wanted to share a little indulgence we absolutely had to treat ourselves to... reminded me of a conversation we had on here with our Sarah.

Aww..always nice for us to remember our sweet Sarah.

Hope you are having a great time, enjoy the concert!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #1791
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Have had AP's for so many years but this is the first time we received this

I was so excited when I opened the Mickey Monitor and saw it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
What is it?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #1792
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Our first time at Cracker Barrel was fun. I had pecan crusted catfish. DD had the chicken fried steak. We did some retail therapy there, I bought some of the plastic coated shopping bags. I figured they'd be good to put my groceries in to check in Bell Services. Our first day I'll still have the rental car so will grocery shop for breakfast stuff, juice, wine and maybe a box of Bacardi Breezers! I plan on dropping them off at YC Bell Service to hold till our check in, so less stuff to move from GF. After GF check out we will cab it with our luggage to YC. I'm also doing a grocery shop for my friend who is meeting me at YC, checking in a few days later.

Today we did a Costco shop to re-supply mom with essentials. Then had a visit..
Met my cousin for lunch at my fav Original House of pancakes, not to be confused with IHOP!
Then we headed to the beach for the afternoon. The Ocean has been so rough since we arrived. I like it better when it's calm, and I can float around on my noodle
But the weather has been great!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 08-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #1793
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

What is it?
Hey Sue!
Sounds like a great start to your trip! That is the AP car/refrigerator magnets. They are slowly mailing them out to pass holders.

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #1794
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Sorry I don't get to respond to everyone. Difficult to cover for dh during this time. BUT I love to read about your lives , current trips or upcoming ones!

I love seeing pix of family and trips! I will try to send a few next week. Can't wait for mom n me time!

Been teaching ds to drive this summer.... Need more wine

So cute, he is scared to death and very clueless. However he will be a great and safe driver and just needs some tlc!

You are all crazy disnuts like me and it is all good, right????

Dh home Sunday, dd leaving sat to mon before our trip to a lake with friend. What a strange week!!!
Our oldest DS turns 16 this November, and we've let him drive a few times. He probably won't do driver's ed until next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
wookie Your DH and I are close birthdays mine is March 14th. The year we went but left on Bob's B-Day we went with DS & Ddil who worked at ESPN and got 50% room plus free ark entry and and 10,20 or even in a few places Olivia's and HDDR 50% off. I think it was only 10-20 % off in the shops.

Cheapest trip ever
Sounds like it was a really inexpensive trip. If they only they could all be like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

I don't know what they all are, but they look so yummy!!

Quote:
Our first time at Cracker Barrel was fun. I had pecan crusted catfish. DD had the chicken fried steak. We did some retail therapy there, I bought some of the plastic coated shopping bags. I figured they'd be good to put my groceries in to check in Bell Services. Our first day I'll still have the rental car so will grocery shop for breakfast stuff, juice, wine and maybe a box of Bacardi Breezers! I plan on dropping them off at YC Bell Service to hold till our check in, so less stuff to move from GF. After GF check out we will cab it with our luggage to YC. I'm also doing a grocery shop for my friend who is meeting me at YC, checking in a few days later.
The gift shop is so evil!! They have so many cute things. I can't get out of there without buying a little candy either.

Quote:
Met my cousin for lunch at my fav Original House of pancakes, not to be confused with IHOP!
I love Original House of Pancakes!! My only issue with it, is they close too early. They have the best coffee and cream anywhere. Their OJ is greatness, and they have the best bacon ever!! I used to love IHOP, until I went to Original House of Pancakes and IHOP is just dog food in comparison.

Quote:
Then we headed to the beach for the afternoon. The Ocean has been so rough since we arrived. I like it better when it's calm, and I can float around on my noodle
But the weather has been great!
On our way home from our last WDW trip, we stopped and spent the night at Pensacola Beach. The water was too rough to get into it. We were so sad.

Well ladies, this house has gotten even more quiet. The in laws are at the lake house and will come home tomorrow. The DH wanted to go see a movie at the dine in theater we go to, but none of the movies they are showing I just HAVE to see. I told him to take the DSs without me, so they can have a "guys day". The DH was reluctant, but I finally convinced him.

The friend, that I am working for her in home day care, texted me yesterday to call her ASAP. On Friday one of the boys she takes care of (he's 4 years old), kept complaining of his head hurting. He was in enough pain that he kept crying, so my friend had his mom pick him up early. His parents took him to the doctor and it turns out he has a Arachnoid Cyst.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #1795
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hey everybody! We checked into the BC today and it has been less than magical. The resort itself is perfect but the last time we were here was 4 days before my mom passed. The boys have been a bubbling mess of tears pointing out everything they did together and how they spent their last moments with her here

I asked to move to YC but they are full tonight. They are going to check again in the morning. Wish us luck.

I really want to love it here but it is just too hard. I screwed up big time. Ugh. Miss you all and I'm reading along when I can
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #1796
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Hey Sue!
Sounds like a great start to your trip! That is the AP car/refrigerator magnets. They are slowly mailing them out to pass holders.
Am I on the BC thread hi Mickey T . Thanks for the info! We have APs but haven't gotten these yet. Maybe they'll send them to Canada, maybe not!! We just started getting The Monitor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Our oldest DS turns 16 this November, and we've let him drive a few times. He probably won't do driver's ed until next summer.

Sounds like it was a really inexpensive trip. If they only they could all be like that.

I don't know what they all are, but they look so yummy!!

The gift shop is so evil!! They have so many cute things. I can't get out of there without buying a little candy either.

I love Original House of Pancakes!! My only issue with it, is they close too early. They have the best coffee and cream anywhere. Their OJ is greatness, and they have the best bacon ever!! I used to love IHOP, until I went to Original House of Pancakes and IHOP is just dog food in comparison.

On our way home from our last WDW trip, we stopped and spent the night at Pensacola Beach. The water was too rough to get into it. We were so sad.

Well ladies, this house has gotten even more quiet. The in laws are at the lake house and will come home tomorrow. The DH wanted to go see a movie at the dine in theater we go to, but none of the movies they are showing I just HAVE to see. I told him to take the DSs without me, so they can have a "guys day". The DH was reluctant, but I finally convinced him.

The friend, that I am working for her in home day care, texted me yesterday to call her ASAP. On Friday one of the boys she takes care of (he's 4 years old), kept complaining of his head hurting. He was in enough pain that he kept crying, so my friend had his mom pick him up early. His parents took him to the doctor and it turns out he has a Arachnoid Cyst.
You are so right, Original House is sooo much better then IHOP. Love the Apple Pancake, daughter & I shared one. And had a side of sausage patties which were pretty good too!

My daughter is talking about going back to Cracker Barrel for more candy, lol! She ate her Pecan Log already!

I hope the little boy will be ok. Good thing she had the parents pick him up right away. Poor little guy.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #1797
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey everybody! We checked into the BC today and it has been less than magical. The resort itself is perfect but the last time we were here was 4 days before my mom passed. The boys have been a bubbling mess of tears pointing out everything they did together and how they spent their last moments with her here

I asked to move to YC but they are full tonight. They are going to check again in the morning. Wish us luck.

I really want to love it here but it is just too hard. I screwed up big time. Ugh. Miss you all and I'm reading along when I can

I so know just what your feeling I'm sorry you could not move over to YC tonight. We are here for you

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #1798
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Sjs314: My DH doesn't wear Jammie's either.

Babyberger: Love that AP sticker! I see them all over the highways here in FL on the back of vehicles. I am anxiously awaiting mine in the mail...

Miss: Who'd ya go see? NY rocks. Hope you enjoyed.

i_heart: Oh my. I am sorry to hear. Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow for your DSs and for you. Hoping time passed will make the memories of mom good ones without tears.

Hi all.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #1799
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So sorry

Old 08-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #1800
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh no you did not screw up! Tears are good for healing. You are having a different kind of magical time... But still good family memories are being made.

Some day you will back at this as a good thing. Enjoy this time with your family and tomorrow will be better

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: