Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #166
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Yes! Love the pic, Jen. (Wow, the next lane over looks like she's got my daughter's genes. LOL.)

Let Happy Hour commence! (I'm on round 2 now.)

Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #167
babyberger
DIS Veteran

No happy hour here.....Sarah was in the middle of a tantrum and ran up behind me and shoved my lower back. Down for the count....DH wants to take me to the ER, I won't let him. I'm sure it's L4, L5, S1...those discs were herniated in a car accident years ago. Ice and motrin for now. UGH!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #168
TT4Dis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
No happy hour here.....Sarah was in the middle of a tantrum and ran up behind me and shoved my lower back. Down for the count....DH wants to take me to the ER, I won't let him. I'm sure it's L4, L5, S1...those discs were herniated in a car accident years ago. Ice and motrin for now. UGH!!!

I'm so sorry! I know what it feels like to have back pain and it is the worst. I hope the ice and medicine help and you feel better soon.

Nov 28-Dec 4, 2010 CR

June 7-16, 2012 Offsite
March 23-28, 2013 AoA LM
TT4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #169
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh no!!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #170
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Melissa, I am so sorry this happened to your back. Take care, k?

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #171
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I heard from a source that I respect that 2014 rates will be out tomorrow! Hope that's true! Then I can really start pricing options!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #172
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Melissa- take care!

My oldest -now 20- said the other day , you only post about band and Disney. I said, if the red wings hadn't lost I would be posting about them!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #173
Willows909
Mouseketeer

I like the Red Wings....but of course my heart is with the Bruins! And posting about Disney is just a hobby...a huge hobby...a great big huge hobby!!...

Babyberger....Ouch...rest, take care!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #174
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Okay I am back!

Melissa I am so sorry that happened to your back. Poor mom. HUGS and I really hope that it is nothing serious.

MM 2014 prices eh?? I may have to get serious about our last trip before the AP's expire!!

Miss: What a sinister lovely looking beer! I think I did create a monster. Now DH expects amazing trips, yet he doesn't worry about the finance part of it. A bit of a hole I have dug myself.

Alysa: Sorry you are not happy with the public school system. I can see how their teaching methods would not work for every child.

It is late now, hopefully a few of you are still around! Just relaxing, was helping DH plant a tree in our backyard.

Jen
Old 06-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #175
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Melissa and any other RC moms with special needs children: This is for you, it is a quote from a CM who was responding to a mother of a son with autism who publicly thanked him on her blog. He worked at Jedi Training Academy...

This quote just reminds me of you with your kids, especially tonight:

I am most moved by who you are. A loving mother who will do anything to make sure her son experiences everything that life has to offer. Your commitment and sacrifice every single day is what makes the real difference.

I will post a link to the thread. Here it is, get a tissue.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126889
Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #176
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Poor you Melissa, feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Okay I am back!
Melissa I am so sorry that happened to your back. Poor mom. HUGS and I really hope that it is nothing serious.
MM 2014 prices eh?? I may have to get serious about our last trip before the AP's expire!!
Miss: What a sinister lovely looking beer! I think I did create a monster. Now DH expects amazing trips, yet he doesn't worry about the finance part of it. A bit of a hole I have dug myself.
Alysa: Sorry you are not happy with the public school system. I can see how their teaching methods would not work for every child.
It is late now, hopefully a few of you are still around! Just relaxing, was helping DH plant a tree in our backyard.
Jen
Hi Jenny, I don't want to give the impression that I am not happy with the public school system. I love all the kids teachers. Every one has been great and God bless them for all that they do. I am perfectly happy to have Toby stay in the public system. It's just that I think Eveie needs a little more help than they have time to give. Her current teacher even suggested that to me (off the record).
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #177
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Poor you Melissa, feel better!

Hi Jenny, I don't want to give the impression that I am not happy with the public school system. I love all the kids teachers. Every one has been great and God bless them for all that they do. I am perfectly happy to have Toby stay in the public system. It's just that I think Eveie needs a little more help than they have time to give. Her current teacher even suggested that to me (off the record).

Oh gosh no worries, don't feel you have to explain. That is wonderful that her teacher is so honest with you. As parents it is so difficult to know what is the right thing to do. HUGS!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #178
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Melissa and any other RC moms with special needs children: This is for you, it is a quote from a CM who was responding to a mother of a son with autism who publicly thanked him on her blog. He worked at Jedi Training Academy...
I am most moved by who you are. A loving mother who will do anything to make sure her son experiences everything that life has to offer. Your commitment and sacrifice every single day is what makes the real difference.

Oh heavens, Jenny!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #179
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Oh no, Melissa. Hope the ibu does the trick.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #180
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Ordering Chinese and partaking in Happy Hour. <-- My vote.
Chinese food sounds amazing right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I just wanted to say that I love you guys!!!

I know it's a pretty random thought, but I love that we have this group and can confide in each other about things. It's pretty unique. And you guys are all so funny.

I am happy to have been part of this group for the past couple of years.

Cheers!
I agree with you. It's rare that I go outside this thread.

Of of the guys we play SW:tOR said about the same thing the other day and they accused him of being drunk, which he actually was.

Quote:
It's very nice, Raglan... but you'll enjoy GF methinks. Besides, the trip is soooo much easier to the GF especially if you're headed to MK. (We didn't actually have a problem getting to DTD last week... just the dreaded trip back. Took forever, as usual. )
Well, as of right now, it's down to the GFC or The Wave. I read on TW's menu that they have mushroom risotto. Have any of y'all been there? Is it anything like Le Cellier's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
I've always wondered how to find those facebook pages. When I search nothing comes up. Can you direct me? Or do you know is there one for October?
I'm sure there is an October one, but I don't have the link. I'm sure someone in the September group has it. I'll PM you the link to the September FB group.

Quote:
Yes! Love the pic, Jen. (Wow, the next lane over looks like she's got my daughter's genes. LOL.)

Let Happy Hour commence! (I'm on round 2 now.)

No happy hour for me. I had to heal an operation in game.

Quote:

I hope your back is feeling better.

Quote:

Thanks, I'll go read that.

ETA....Actually I read that earlier on FB. It had me in tears when I read it and again when I told the DH about it. It's CM's like that, who are the reason I want to keep going back to WDW.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Last edited by letthewookiewin; 06-14-2013 at 11:42 PM.
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: