Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #1666
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I_Heart: Eep. Sorry about the funk. I've got a half-bottle of red on the counter with your name on it. (We sat there and blubbered like two babies over Lilo & Stitch ... the bit with her telling Stitch about her parents dying. I rank it up there with Toy Story 3 for how quickly the waterworks turn on. )

Melissa: You've been having such a rough time. Labor Day can't come soon enough.

So, Jen:

I'm sitting here with a can... yes can of beer. I still feel a bit odd buying cans but they're all the rage nowadays with smaller craft breweries.

To delight and amaze us late-night RCers, I've got some pics from our lovely Pop Princess, Janet :

Her new digs at POR - Alligator Bayou:

... and, saving the best for last, the ever-glorious Sunshine Tree Terrace Sarah pose.

Great pics!! I want to try the Citrus swirl there at Sunshine Terrace.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #1667
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Hopefully I can get caught up tomorrow. I've been in cleaning, laundry, packing for our trip mode. When I'm not doing that the DH has me playing SW:tOR.

I finally found a picture I had been looking for of John. It was taken in 2008. He had had blood drawn and they were taking so much that it upset him so badly that he had a seizure while they were taking the blood. He reward for being so brave was a visit to the Kidd Kraddick morning show.

I'll post the pic later when I am on my laptop.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #1668
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Great pics!! I want to try the Citrus swirl there at Sunshine Terrace.
Mmmmmmmm.....Citrus Swirl....one of my favorites!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #1669
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Tried to send an update this morning, but it didn't go through. :-/

Sue - will take pics of the bathroom. Forgot about that! :-)

Alysa - adorable little one!

Met Janet and Sam last night when we were both waiting for our respective dinner ADRs at the Poly. :-). Sam took a pic of us that hopefully she will post later. :-) hoping to meet up for an RC dole whip meet up tomorrow afternoon, but I'm not sure if it will happen or not. Hollywood Studios for us tomorrow, then naps and MK for EMH tomorrow night. DH and DS are planning to close the place out, so DD and I will most likely head back to the hotel for bath and bedtime after the parade and such...

Today we got a late start, but we did get to Everest, Kali River Rapids, and Kilamanjaro. Lunch at Yak and Yeti which was scrumptious! And DD and I did the walk through the ruins to see the tigers while DH and DS did KRR. Wanted to see the Lion King show, but not enough time. Headed back to the Poly where it took 15 minutes (literally) to find parking and took a quick shower before dinner. Garden Grill. One of my favorites. :-) so glad DS said he really wanted to eat there again!

Ok, almost time for bed. Need to set ALL alarms tonight so I get up in time! :-) 9:30 breakfast at Hollywood and Vine!

G'night all!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #1670
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

Met Janet and Sam last night when we were both waiting for our respective dinner ADRs at the Poly. :-). Sam took a pic of us that hopefully she will post later. :-) hoping to meet up for an RC dole whip meet up tomorrow afternoon, but I'm not sure if it will happen or not. Hollywood Studios for us tomorrow, then naps and MK for EMH tomorrow night. DH and DS are planning to close the place out, so DD and I will most likely head back to the hotel for bath and bedtime after the parade and such...

Today we got a late start, but we did get to Everest, Kali River Rapids, and Kilamanjaro. Lunch at Yak and Yeti which was scrumptious! And DD and I did the walk through the ruins to see the tigers while DH and DS did KRR. Wanted to see the Lion King show, but not enough time. Headed back to the Poly where it took 15 minutes (literally) to find parking and took a quick shower before dinner. Garden Grill. One of my favorites. :-) so glad DS said he really wanted to eat there again!

Ok, almost time for bed. Need to set ALL alarms tonight so I get up in time! :-) 9:30 breakfast at Hollywood and Vine!

G'night all!
Sounds like an amazing day! Yak and Yeti and an RC meet up! Can't wait to see the pic! Keel the updates ....I love them!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #1671
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Hi RC family, sorry MIA and so randomly dropping in. It has been an emotionally draining week to say the least. Had a meeting with the assistant principal for Steven, then down to Steven's psychologist, and then the endoscopy today. And while all that was going on DH's work situation is blowing up. Glad I booked Labor Day because Feb may not happen at all

I'm still in my boot (that matches Christine's) and I wish I could say that my foot is coming along but it really isn't. DH is already joking that he is going to push me around Disney in a wheelchair

Tomorrow I am running away, well to the eye dr by myself, lol! Then DH and I may go out tomorrow night, plans fell through with friends but I may convince him to go out anyway.

Hope everyone is having a great week and to all those in WDW, have a BLAST!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
hope you start healing soon. Rent a scooter off site if you have to. And have a great trip. You'll be arriving as I'm leaving
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 08-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #1672
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Argh! So many pages behind! With the baby getting more and more active and not sleeping well at night I've been cathching up on weekends but I missed last weekend getting the whole family ready for a photoshoot and redecorating the basement and back to school shopping (I hate shopping) and then my little monkey dropped my mac and busted the screen right off!
Here is the trouble maker. My husband sent this photo to me with the caption "he's ready!" 66 days!

Miss - We had one of those washers/dryer/neithers in Korea while we were there for almost a month. WIth a baby. Ugh, I know your pain! And I laughed about your

Hugs on your little girl. Being a mum is hard. Gasp! Do they have veggie haggis?!?! Where?? How do I find this menu?
Krystal - Your daughter is such a cutie! And love the romantic vow renewal idea! Ooops! I see he got it for his birthday. You are so cute, I'm the same way, I can never wait to give special things to people I love! Hope you are having a great time! Such great photos of the Poly - we've never stayed there yet, it's on the list of must-do's.
Wookie - Love that you can still get a cuddle from your boy! Hope your sunshine comes out soon!
Marie - What an sweet picture of you and your dad! Enjoy your break!
Jenny - That picture of your husband and girls is adorable! Hope your little bunny was okay at the dentist! Oh, I see it was a hard day. Hugs. Hurrah for a free party ticket! And Disney is always warm enough for Canadians (and the British) to swim! I vote Boardwalk.
Kook - Sorry I missed you! Hope you are having a great time! WL is my favourite!
Jeanette - Hope your vacation is going magically! And GF! It is so lovely there!
Janet - Have fun packing!
Sue - Can't wait to see beautiful photos of your gorgeous new basement!
Shelia - Cars are evil aren't they? BWI is so lovely! They have the most wonderful quiet pool!
Linda - Any photos of the new puppy? What kind? love that!
Trish - Hugs about your DD going away to university. It's a day I dread already and she's only 10!
i-heart - Ha!! Go pack!
Melissa - Hugs for Steven. And your poor foot. Hope you get to have a nice evening out.

Whew! Baby is strirring - sorry to anyone I missed!
What a cutie!!

Old 08-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #1673
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

I could never pry myself away from the Dole Whips, but I'm going to try it this time looks yummy.

Quote:

G'night all!
Sounds like a great day! I love Y&Y too, the Miso glazed salmon is my fav! And those stuffed fortune cookie dessert!

I think for our Jan trip we will try Garden Grill! Never have!
Can't believe we fly out Wednesday how's the weather supposed to be for the rest of the week? I'm looking forward to some beach time!

Old 08-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #1674
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

G'night all!
Your day sounded wonderful. I want to try Yak & Yeti one of these trips the food looks sooooooo good!

Jealous you got to meet Janet and Sam!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #1675
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Morning all

Alysa: my dd is Alyssa. Love that little Mickey fan of yours. I miss that stage

Sue: that looks yummy. Lol I brought rum with me to mix with my dole whip like I had I April

KOh: I have not eaten at Garden Grill. What's good there to eat?Kids like the characters?

I_heart: I love my wine too! I just packed 2 Kendall Jackson Cabs , split size(have screw tops) for my trip

Melissa: yikes, you really need some disney magic soon!

Minnie &nana: hi!

Hi to rest of you, need more coffee.

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
trishadono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #1676
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies. Drinking my coffee... need some extra pep this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Miss
Spent a few hours reading the CL thread piecing together info getting more and more excited and now off to read up on the F&W Booths.
What'd you find out about your research with regard to where the lounge location vs. CL rooms location(s)? Are they all on the same floor? Just out of curiosity and all.

Those menus have got me so excited! I've got a long, loooooong list of "must try" stuff already.

Quote:
So jealous of you both!!! I can't wait to get there! Leaving for Seattle Tuesday, flight Saturday. To Ft Lauderdale. Beach hotel there so hope the weather is good!
A little time in Seattle before you go? That will be nice. Hoping the weather cooperates for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Hopefully I can get caught up tomorrow. I've been in cleaning, laundry, packing for our trip mode. ...
That's the only laundry I don't mind doing, pre-trip laundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I've never had one. Do they come with just the orange bit, sans vanilla ice cream?

Quote:

G'night all!
Love the updates! What'd you have at Y&Y? We walked in for lunch during one of the many deluges we always find ourselves in at AK. (It always rains when we're there. REAL rain, not the afternoon-passing-shower thing.)

Quote:
I could never pry myself away from the Dole Whips, but I'm going to try it this time
I think them being so close to each other (Sunshine Tree Terrace and Aloha Isle) makes it hard for me to decide. Never had my Dole Whip last time, the line was absolutely CRAZY (on both sides).

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Sue: that looks yummy. Lol I brought rum with me to mix with my dole whip like I had I April

Hi to rest of you, need more coffee.
Rum and Dole Whips. Wonder if I should bring some coconut rum with us in Oct?

Oh, you asked about pics! I would absolutely LOVE to see any and all VGF pics you can nab for us.

~~===================~~

Last day before the husband comes home. I'm counting down the seconds now.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #1677
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Hello ladies. Drinking my coffee... need some extra pep this morning.

What'd you find out about your research with regard to where the lounge location vs. CL rooms location(s)? Are they all on the same floor? Just out of curiosity and all.

Those menus have got me so excited! I've got a long, loooooong list of "must try" stuff already.

A little time in Seattle before you go? That will be nice. Hoping the weather cooperates for you.

That's the only laundry I don't mind doing, pre-trip laundry.

I've never had one. Do they come with just the orange bit, sans vanilla ice cream?

Love the updates! What'd you have at Y&Y? We walked in for lunch during one of the many deluges we always find ourselves in at AK. (It always rains when we're there. REAL rain, not the afternoon-passing-shower thing.)

I think them being so close to each other (Sunshine Tree Terrace and Aloha Isle) makes it hard for me to decide. Never had my Dole Whip last time, the line was absolutely CRAZY (on both sides).

Oh, you asked about pics! I would absolutely LOVE to see any and all VGF pics you can nab for us.

~~===================~~

Well a few CL rooms are on the 3rd Floor with the majority on the 4th floor where the lounge is located. 3 of the rooms located on the 4th floor are outside of the key access lounge door.

So I think I am going to request BW View, 4th floor and cross my fingers and toes

50/50 or a little less of getting a BW View

I decided against the Deluxe even if it opens up too much $$$

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #1678
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Hi RC family, sorry MIA and so randomly dropping in. It has been an emotionally draining week to say the least. Had a meeting with the assistant principal for Steven, then down to Steven's psychologist, and then the endoscopy today. And while all that was going on DH's work situation is blowing up. Glad I booked Labor Day because Feb may not happen at all

I'm still in my boot (that matches Christine's) and I wish I could say that my foot is coming along but it really isn't. DH is already joking that he is going to push me around Disney in a wheelchair

Tomorrow I am running away, well to the eye dr by myself, lol! Then DH and I may go out tomorrow night, plans fell through with friends but I may convince him to go out anyway.

Hope everyone is having a great week and to all those in WDW, have a BLAST!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

I'm sorry your having a rough week. Hopefully your DH work situation will end up not being as bad as it looks like it is going to be.

Quote:
Foot is severely sprained steven's scope was good today, now we just wait for the biopsy results which take 10 days.

What did you decide for November??

I'm sorry the foot is sprained, but I'm glad it isn't anything worse. Hopefully, the biopsy report will be as good as the scope report was.

Quote:
To delight and amaze us late-night RCers, I've got some pics from our lovely Pop Princess, Janet

Her new digs at POR - Alligator Bayou:

... and, saving the best for last, the ever-glorious Sunshine Tree Terrace Sarah pose.

Love the pics!! Thanks for sharing!!

Quote:
Argh! So many pages behind! With the baby getting more and more active and not sleeping well at night I've been cathching up on weekends but I missed last weekend getting the whole family ready for a photoshoot and redecorating the basement and back to school shopping (I hate shopping) and then my little monkey dropped my mac and busted the screen right off!
Here is the trouble maker. My husband sent this photo to me with the caption "he's ready!" 66 days!

oh my, your trouble maker is just to cute!!

Quote:
Love it!!

Quote:
Wookie - Love that you can still get a cuddle from your boy! Hope your sunshine comes out soon!
Thank you, me too!!

Quote:
Tried to send an update this morning, but it didn't go through.

Sue - will take pics of the bathroom. Forgot about that!

Met Janet and Sam last night when we were both waiting for our respective dinner ADRs at the Poly. Sam took a pic of us that hopefully she will post later. hoping to meet up for an RC dole whip meet up tomorrow afternoon, but I'm not sure if it will happen or not. Hollywood Studios for us tomorrow, then naps and MK for EMH tomorrow night. DH and DS are planning to close the place out, so DD and I will most likely head back to the hotel for bath and bedtime after the parade and such...

Today we got a late start, but we did get to Everest, Kali River Rapids, and Kilamanjaro. Lunch at Yak and Yeti which was scrumptious! And DD and I did the walk through the ruins to see the tigers while DH and DS did KRR. Wanted to see the Lion King show, but not enough time. Headed back to the Poly where it took 15 minutes (literally) to find parking and took a quick shower before dinner. Garden Grill. One of my favorites. so glad DS said he really wanted to eat there again!

Ok, almost time for bed. Need to set ALL alarms tonight so I get up in time! 9:30 breakfast at Hollywood and Vine!

G'night all!
I'm glad to hear y'all are having such a great time!! I hope you were able to make your ADR on time. I always end up having to set my phone alarm as well, because I can never set hotel ones right for some reason.

Quote:
You are a genius on the coconut rum idea. I wonder if you could sneak it into the MK in a water bottle to add it to a Dole Whip.

Quote:

WOO HOO on the DH coming home!!

Thankfully, all is quiet here still. I had a moment of weakness and tried to change our trip dates. I read they had released FD for dates that included Joey's 16th birthday. I thought that would be the perfect place to celebrate it. When I asked the DH he said no and he said it was for two reasons 1) he knew there was no way his parents would let him have vacation time in November and 2) he's "in serious need of a vacation asap". I was kind of bummed, but then again I was ok with it as well. I'm working with a woman about making some appliques for our MNSSHP night. They are going to look something like..

She's going to put the appliques on black felt that I will then use a temp stitch to put them on black t-shirts. Mine will be the only one with a bow and the guys will just be a Mickey Jack-O-Lantern. Then I am going to use glow-in-the-dark paint to paint the eyes, nose, mouth, and outline of the Jack-O-Laterns, so they will glow once it gets dark.

Oh and here's the picture I was talking about. From left to right is Big Al Mac, Kidd Kraddick, JM, and Kelly...

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #1679
sjs314

GM RCers Been very quiet on here.

wookie love the appliqué!

Heather You must be back in school

I did not sleep well last night then just feel back to sleep when phone woke me.

Thinking of laying back down BBL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #1680
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
GM RCers Been very quiet on here.

wookie love the appliqué!

Heather You must be back in school

I did not sleep well last night then just feel back to sleep when phone woke me.

Thinking of laying back down BBL
It's quiet, too quiet

That's because I've been either working or on hold with CRO. No changes to my June VGF trip, just seeing if I could afford a winter trip..not this year

Your latest change ROCKS Sheila!!

AlysaI love the pic!!

I am loving the pics from Janet and Sam, has she met up with Kook at all??? Or Deena???? So cool Krystal and Janet met up at O'Hana!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: