Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #1651
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Hi RC family, sorry MIA and so randomly dropping in. It has been an emotionally draining week to say the least. Had a meeting with the assistant principal for Steven, then down to Steven's psychologist, and then the endoscopy today. And while all that was going on DH's work situation is blowing up. Glad I booked Labor Day because Feb may not happen at all

I'm still in my boot (that matches Christine's) and I wish I could say that my foot is coming along but it really isn't. DH is already joking that he is going to push me around Disney in a wheelchair

Tomorrow I am running away, well to the eye dr by myself, lol! Then DH and I may go out tomorrow night, plans fell through with friends but I may convince him to go out anyway.

Hope everyone is having a great week and to all those in WDW, have a BLAST!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aw so sorry you are going though a lot right now! What the heck was the diagnosis with your foot? Is it broken? How did Steven do today? Huge hugs....hang in there.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #1652
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Minnie&Nana and Babyberger - Sending P&PTs for the ouchies

Jen - I vote BWI or POR.

Trish - Where are you staying for this trip? Maybe we can meet up?

Miss - I wish my kids liked Lilo and Stitch. They love Ohana, but hate the movie

gwynne - Yay for YC CL! Love your line up too! Now I'm hungry! I guess this will have to do

sjs314 - I dropped all of my ADRs too. I don't know why. I guess I was in a funk today and WHAM all.gone. even BOG

Hope everyone that's in the World now is having the time of their loves

I'm grumpy because I changed into my jammies before I realized WE ARE OUT OF WINE!!!! Trying to decide if I should get dressed and go out and get some or just get over it.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #1653
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Aw so sorry you are going though a lot right now! What the heck was the diagnosis with your foot? Is it broken? How did Steven do today? Huge hugs....hang in there.
Foot is severely sprained steven's scope was good today, now we just wait for the biopsy results which take 10 days.

What did you decide for November??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #1654
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Hi RC family, sorry MIA and so randomly dropping in. It has been an emotionally draining week to say the least. Had a meeting with the assistant principal for Steven, then down to Steven's psychologist, and then the endoscopy today. And while all that was going on DH's work situation is blowing up. Glad I booked Labor Day because Feb may not happen at all

I'm still in my boot (that matches Christine's) and I wish I could say that my foot is coming along but it really isn't. DH is already joking that he is going to push me around Disney in a wheelchair

Tomorrow I am running away, well to the eye dr by myself, lol! Then DH and I may go out tomorrow night, plans fell through with friends but I may convince him to go out anyway.

Hope everyone is having a great week and to all those in WDW, have a BLAST!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Melissa Sorry your having such a bad week I hope things went well today with Steven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Minnie&Nana and Babyberger - Sending P&PTs for the ouchies

Jen - I vote BWI or POR.

Trish - Where are you staying for this trip? Maybe we can meet up?

Miss - I wish my kids liked Lilo and Stitch. They love Ohana, but hate the movie

gwynne - Yay for YC CL! Love your line up too! Now I'm hungry! I guess this will have to do

sjs314 - I dropped all of my ADRs too. I don't know why. I guess I was in a funk today and WHAM all.gone. even BOG

Hope everyone that's in the World now is having the time of their loves

I'm grumpy because I changed into my jammies before I realized WE ARE OUT OF WINE!!!! Trying to decide if I should get dressed and go out and get some or just get over it.
I_Heart I still have my BOG but seriously thinking about dropping it so were not tied to going to MK that particular day. We never tire of Epcot and I'm really thinking I want more F&W instead of BOG
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #1655
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Foot is severely sprained steven's scope was good today, now we just wait for the biopsy results which take 10 days.

What did you decide for November??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'm glad to hear the scope went well. I will keep him in my thoughts for good results! So sorry the foot is so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I_Heart I still have my BOG but seriously thinking about dropping it so were not tied to going to MK that particular day. We never tire of Epcot and I'm really thinking I want more F&W instead of BOG
I so agree with you about Epcot. I think I could move there and never tire of it. I also feel the same way about being tied down to plans. Munching my way around F&W would trump just about anything for me. We LOVED doing that at F&G and F&W looks sooooo much better.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #1656
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

I_Heart: Eep. Sorry about the funk. I've got a half-bottle of red on the counter with your name on it. (We sat there and blubbered like two babies over Lilo & Stitch ... the bit with her telling Stitch about her parents dying. I rank it up there with Toy Story 3 for how quickly the waterworks turn on. )

Melissa: You've been having such a rough time. Labor Day can't come soon enough.

So, Jen:

I'm sitting here with a can... yes can of beer. I still feel a bit odd buying cans but they're all the rage nowadays with smaller craft breweries.

To delight and amaze us late-night RCers, I've got some pics from our lovely Pop Princess, Janet :

Her new digs at POR - Alligator Bayou:




... and, saving the best for last, the ever-glorious Sunshine Tree Terrace Sarah pose.

Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #1657
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I_Heart: Eep. Sorry about the funk. I've got a half-bottle of red on the counter with your name on it. (We sat there and blubbered like two babies over Lilo & Stitch ... the bit with her telling Stitch about her parents dying. I rank it up there with Toy Story 3 for how quickly the waterworks turn on. )

Melissa: You've been having such a rough time. Labor Day can't come soon enough.

So, Jen:

I'm sitting here with a can... yes can of beer. I still feel a bit odd buying cans but they're all the rage nowadays with smaller craft breweries.

To delight and amaze us late-night RCers, I've got some pics from our lovely Pop Princess, Janet :

Her new digs at POR - Alligator Bayou:




... and, saving the best for last, the ever-glorious Sunshine Tree Terrace Sarah pose.

Nice pix, wish I was there.
__________________
WL CL 1/18-22.




CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #1658
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I'm glad to hear the scope went well. I will keep him in my thoughts for good results! So sorry the foot is so bad



I so agree with you about Epcot. I think I could move there and never tire of it. I also feel the same way about being tied down to plans. Munching my way around F&W would trump just about anything for me. We LOVED doing that at F&G and F&W looks sooooo much better.
I_Heart been to F&G 2x but this will be our first F&W I was just talking to Bob about maybe skipping MK and BOG even he said he'd rather do more F&W I will wait a bit before I cancel BOG just incase we change our minds.

I have to sit down and look at the Kiosks Menu to see just what I want to sample!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I_Heart: Eep. Sorry about the funk. I've got a half-bottle of red on the counter with your name on it. (We sat there and blubbered like two babies over Lilo & Stitch ... the bit with her telling Stitch about her parents dying. I rank it up there with Toy Story 3 for how quickly the waterworks turn on. )

Melissa: You've been having such a rough time. Labor Day can't come soon enough.

So, Jen:

I'm sitting here with a can... yes can of beer. I still feel a bit odd buying cans but they're all the rage nowadays with smaller craft breweries.

To delight and amaze us late-night RCers, I've got some pics from our lovely Pop Princess, Janet :

Her new digs at POR - Alligator Bayou

... and, saving the best for last, the ever-glorious Sunshine Tree Terrace Sarah pose.
Miss Thanks for shareing the pictures !
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #1659
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,086

I_heart: we arrive to CBR around 1130am 13th. Will head to MK then back to hotel for swim then Epcot. 14th starting at MK then to Poly for lunch , hotel swim then HS/DTD evening. 15th HS then swim, tea room 4pm and MK that evening. Trying to get a lot in for newbie but needs swim down time or else

I will POP in here at times. Ay picture requests anyone? I want to see progress of VGf so will walk there from poly after lunch then catch monorail from there.
__________________
WL CL 1/18-22.




CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #1660
Alysa
DIS Veteran
 
Alysa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,184

Argh! So many pages behind! With the baby getting more and more active and not sleeping well at night I've been cathching up on weekends but I missed last weekend getting the whole family ready for a photoshoot and redecorating the basement and back to school shopping (I hate shopping) and then my little monkey dropped my mac and busted the screen right off!
Here is the trouble maker. My husband sent this photo to me with the caption "he's ready!" 66 days!


Miss - We had one of those washers/dryer/neithers in Korea while we were there for almost a month. WIth a baby. Ugh, I know your pain! And I laughed about your
Quote:
"No Respite Until Bedtime While Daddy's Away" week. We have not maimed or killed each other or any innocent bystanders (like the dog), so things are going quite well, I'd say.

Hugs on your little girl. Being a mum is hard. Gasp! Do they have veggie haggis?!?! Where?? How do I find this menu?
Krystal - Your daughter is such a cutie! And love the romantic vow renewal idea! Ooops! I see he got it for his birthday. You are so cute, I'm the same way, I can never wait to give special things to people I love! Hope you are having a great time! Such great photos of the Poly - we've never stayed there yet, it's on the list of must-do's.
Wookie - Love that you can still get a cuddle from your boy! Hope your sunshine comes out soon!
Marie - What an sweet picture of you and your dad! Enjoy your break!
Jenny - That picture of your husband and girls is adorable! Hope your little bunny was okay at the dentist! Oh, I see it was a hard day. Hugs. Hurrah for a free party ticket! And Disney is always warm enough for Canadians (and the British) to swim! I vote Boardwalk.
Kook - Sorry I missed you! Hope you are having a great time! WL is my favourite!
Jeanette - Hope your vacation is going magically! And GF! It is so lovely there!
Janet - Have fun packing!
Sue - Can't wait to see beautiful photos of your gorgeous new basement!
Shelia - Cars are evil aren't they? BWI is so lovely! They have the most wonderful quiet pool!
Linda - Any photos of the new puppy? What kind?
Quote:
"spirited daughter means strong woman"
love that!
Trish - Hugs about your DD going away to university. It's a day I dread already and she's only 10!
i-heart -
Quote:
"Did I mention I ordered one of every dessert."
Ha!! Go pack!
Melissa - Hugs for Steven. And your poor foot. Hope you get to have a nice evening out.

Whew! Baby is strirring - sorry to anyone I missed!
__________________
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #1661
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Happy Saturday, RC gals.

Alysa: Awww, what an absolutely adorable troublemaker you've got there! The whole drool-inducing booth menu for the F&W festival. Warning: Don't read hungry. Love that eCard.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #1662
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Happy Saturday, RC gals.

Alysa: Awww, what an absolutely adorable troublemaker you've got there! The whole drool-inducing booth menu for the F&W festival. Warning: Don't read hungry. Love that eCard.
Miss

Spent a few hours reading the CL thread piecing together info getting more and more excited and now off to read up on the F&W Booths.

alysa Your little one is adorable but "ouch" about the Mac
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #1663
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Morning Sheila! You are too funny!!

Btw all ... Last night I scored a BOG ressie for Sunday night at 6:50! pixie dust before we get there!

Our ADRs:

Tonight - Ohana at 8pm - thank you Magic!

Sunday - breakfast at captains grill
And ... BOG for dinner

Monday - Ohana breakfast. We love the poly!!

We r waiting to board ... Hoping it will go fast and we will soon be on ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
We will be at Kona for dinner tonight! Then wishes from the beach! :-)
So jealous of you both!!! I can't wait to get there! Leaving for Seattle Tuesday, flight Saturday. To Ft Lauderdale. Beach hotel there so hope the weather is good!

Koh great pics! What about the new bathrooms? Pics please!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #1664
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,949

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Koh: your room looks great!! Have a wonderful day!!

Hi Sue!!

Miss: They are saying on the AP thread that the rates aren;t out yet past Sept 29....were you looking at the RO offer? I am on the phone now....I will check it out! Hope you are sleeping in today! Not me, kiddos woke me at 6:30, after me finally getting to sleep at around 2 am. Yuck, lots of this today.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #1665
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,949

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Just out of curiosity, which resort would you all pick for us for after the cruise?? Unofficial poll. RCers only.

Here they are in order of cost:

POR AB room
2 rooms value resort
ASM family suite
AOA family suite
Boardwalk SV
2 rooms Coronado Springs
(random I know, but DH has always wanted to stay here too.)


Anything above and beyond is a little out of our price range.
Everyone likes different things, for me, in the value resorts, AoA fam suite or 2 rooms.
Moderate I'd go with 2 rooms at Por ( mansion section) or POFQ.
Epcot area, I'd pic BC/YC.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: