Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #1636
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Good Morning!!

So sorry I have been MIA lately....stuck with a huge black boot on my foot...and just found out this morning that I am not supposed to be walking on it...why didn't the doc tell me that at the first appt?! Oh, well...rest is near impossible but it will give me more DIS time!

Anyway, I am here to say our dear Janet has arrived at POR and their room was ready!! Great location in bldg 18, short walk to the food court. She loves the AB decor...oh and first floor room - which is great at AB since the bldgs are raised and not directly on ground level.

I am SO excited for them I could just about burst!!! Will post pics when she sends some of them - unless anyone wants to see their view of bushes.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #1637
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=gwynne;49159478]Happy Friday ladies!

Miss-MDE-Ugh! I just can’t figure out Disney’s IT. They always seem to be trying to do way too much more than they are capable of at the time. I wish they’d hire someone who really understands (and has actually used) the interwebs.

Jenny-Sending good luck wishes for a great discount offer!

Magic-Hope you are having a fabulous vacation!

Koh-Great photos, Poly looks so relaxing. Enjoy your stay!

Janet-Hope you and Sam have a wonderful time at WDW!

Sjs314-You guys are going to have a great vacation. So glad you were able to get BWI CL.

I Heart-I love it that you never unpack completely. That’s an awesome tip!

Melissa
-Thinking of you all, hope the endo appt goes well.

Trish
-I enjoy split stays, but sometimes dh isn’t so keen. 5 reservations for winter break? That would be very fun, but also would need some skilled planning and packing. If it's Tuesday, this must the Poly...

=========================
A bit more tweaking, applying of discounts (yay!) and we’re at the Yacht Club CL the whole time. It wasn’t available at first, but was later. No changes….I pinky swear!!! I just got dining worked out, and I think we’re set. I will probably add in a F&W event or two, and then drop a couple. Will have to see what's left after the first round of folks who can early book have made their reservations.) Most of our dining during food and wine is for apps and salads or something light, anyway.
The booths look awesome this year, so we'll be enjoying snacking there!

Our lineup:
Rose and Crown
La Hacienda
Flying Fish Signature
Chefs de France
Blue Zoo-Orlando Magical dining
Il Mulino-Orlando Magical dining

In Epcot Food and Wine news, we received our confirmation# for the first Flying Fish dinner. Yippee! All set and ready to go.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Waving hi to all the RC friends! [
/QUOTE]

Ginny: Your line up looks great!! I am excited for you! And YC CL the whole time sounds divine!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #1638
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Good Morning!!

So sorry I have been MIA lately....stuck with a huge black boot on my foot...and just found out this morning that I am not supposed to be walking on it...why didn't the doc tell me that at the first appt?! Oh, well...rest is near impossible but it will give me more DIS time!

Anyway, I am here to say our dear Janet has arrived at POR and their room was ready!! Great location in bldg 18, short walk to the food court. She loves the AB decor...oh and first floor room - which is great at AB since the bldgs are raised and not directly on ground level.

I am SO excited for them I could just about burst!!! Will post pics when she sends some of them - unless anyone wants to see their view of bushes.
Christine: Sorry about your foot. Doctors. Thanks for the update about Janet! Glad to hear AB is lovely!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #1639
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning!!

GG- I hope your foot is much better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ginny: Your line up looks great!! I am excited for you! And YC CL the whole time sounds divine!
Thank you Jenny! We are so looking forward to getting on the plane and heading to WDW.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #1640
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Just out of curiosity, which resort would you all pick for us for after the cruise?? Unofficial poll. RCers only.

Here they are in order of cost:

POR AB room
2 rooms value resort
ASM family suite
AOA family suite
Boardwalk SV
2 rooms Coronado Springs
(random I know, but DH has always wanted to stay here too.)

Anything above and beyond is a little out of our price range.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #1641
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, which resort would you all pick for us for after the cruise?? Unofficial poll. RCers only.

POR AB room
2 rooms value resort
ASM family suite
AOA family suite
Boardwalk SV
2 rooms Coronado Springs

Hiya Jenny!

Here's my 2 cents:
Do you think maybe when you guys get back from the cruise you might want a bit of space? Maybe one of the two family suites would be nice, or if they have a great deal, Boardwalk. POR is always nice, too! Lots of good options.
I don't know how reliable Disney is about connecting and/or adjoining rooms, so I left them off the list.

Please know I am so looking forward to hearing about your cruise adventure!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #1642
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hiya Jenny!

Here's my 2 cents:
Do you think maybe when you guys get back from the cruise you might want a bit of space? Maybe one of the two family suites would be nice, or if they have a great deal, Boardwalk. POR is always nice, too! Lots of good options.
I don't know how reliable Disney is about connecting and/or adjoining rooms, so I left them off the list.

Please know I am so looking forward to hearing about your cruise adventure!
Thanks Ginny, yes POR may be a little tight..... I have started to let BW take over my daydreams. Never a good thing!
Old 08-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #1643
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Krystal Love your pics, Hope you had a wonderful Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning, ladies!

Safe, speedy travels to Janet!

Ah, good ol' MDE strikes again! So, in their lovely redesigned site, it seems if you click on the "My Disney Experience" tab, and then "Annual Passholder" link, then "Passholder Resort Special Offers" ... this is where it would previously have popped up with the Passholder Discounts. Seems now they've just lumped ALL of the discounts here. Of course, with no designation saying they're the general public rates. I'm signed in and everything. You'd think after all these years they'd have gotten the "internet" figured out. Sorry about the wild goose chase. I was actually going to call today too and see what availability they had. Blargh.

Miss one thing is consistent with Disney's web sites....it leaves a lot to be desired
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Happy Friday ladies!

Miss-MDE-Ugh! I just can’t figure out Disney’s IT. They always seem to be trying to do way too much more than they are capable of at the time. I wish they’d hire someone who really understands (and has actually used) the interwebs.

Jenny-Sending good luck wishes for a great discount offer!

Magic-Hope you are having a fabulous vacation!

Koh-Great photos, Poly looks so relaxing. Enjoy your stay!

Janet-Hope you and Sam have a wonderful time at WDW!

Sjs314-You guys are going to have a great vacation. So glad you were able to get BWI CL.

I Heart-I love it that you never unpack completely. That’s an awesome tip!

Melissa
-Thinking of you all, hope the endo appt goes well.

Trish
-I enjoy split stays, but sometimes dh isn’t so keen. 5 reservations for winter break? That would be very fun, but also would need some skilled planning and packing. If it's Tuesday, this must the Poly...

=========================
A bit more tweaking, applying of discounts (yay!) and we’re at the Yacht Club CL the whole time. It wasn’t available at first, but was later. No changes….I pinky swear!!! I just got dining worked out, and I think we’re set. I will probably add in a F&W event or two, and then drop a couple. Will have to see what's left after the first round of folks who can early book have made their reservations.) Most of our dining during food and wine is for apps and salads or something light, anyway.
The booths look awesome this year, so we'll be enjoying snacking there!

Our lineup:
Rose and Crown
La Hacienda
Flying Fish Signature
Chefs de France
Blue Zoo-Orlando Magical dining
Il Mulino-Orlando Magical dining

In Epcot Food and Wine news, we received our confirmation# for the first Flying Fish dinner. Yippee! All set and ready to go.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Waving hi to all the RC friends!
gwynne We are ecstatic about BWI CL.

I am glad you were able to book your entire trip at YC CL.

I dropped most of my ADRs I may add 1 or 2 just not sure yet.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #1644
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Good Morning!!

Christine sending positive healing thoughts to you (((hug)))

Thanks for the update on Janet

Quote:

POR AB room
2 rooms value resort
ASM family suite
AOA family suite
Boardwalk SV
2 rooms Coronado Springs

jenny Of the ones on your list I would go for BW or CSR

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #1645
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

POR AB room
2 rooms value resort
ASM family suite
AOA family suite
Boardwalk SV
2 rooms Coronado Springs

Are you in two staterooms on the cruise, or are you going to need to spread out after being cramped into one stateroom? I really think the AoA suites are cute and at some point do want to give them a try. Although you know the pull of the deluxes

So I guess my vote goes for AoA or Boardwalk, I know that doesnt help much

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #1646
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Back from too much shopping. Yep, too much... and I didn't even really purchase much. How does that work?

We're sitting down and watching Lilo & Stitch in honor of Janet's 'Ohana ressie tonight.

Jen: Ah well, we'll see something soon hopefully! Hmmm. I'd go for BWI methinks. Well, that was an obvious answer from me, eh?

Melissa:

Koh: Lovely! Hope you're having a fabulous time.

... and of course, our Kook and Magic, too.

Christine: I'm sorry about the boot! You and Melissa must have matching stylish boots, eh? Seeing more of you 'round here is always fabulous.

Ginny: I adore your ADR line-up (as usual). Have you ever seen any kids at any of these F&W events? A couple caught my eye but I can't seem to find whether some of the more generic lunches/non-wine tasting/non-mixology events were okay for kids. Which were you aiming for?! I am seriously going to write down a list of must-have grub from all those booths. Hubbo sounded quite keen on it after having gone through the menus last night.

Sheila: They don't let us down, do they? (With their glorious website.) Heck, I always ponder why they don't have an 800#. If they never "got with the times" over toll-free, we've got no hope of a functioning website within the next century, do we? What's the latest with the rejigging of the ADRs?

~~=========================~~

I'm wondering when they might have something encompassing our January timeframe. Gonna have to go check the historical discount page.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #1647
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

POR AB room
2 rooms value resort
ASM family suite
AOA family suite
Boardwalk SV
2 rooms Coronado Springs

I love CSR! JR suite is same price as 2 rooms and all together.

2nd AOA fs

ALSO , People i am not hopping for 5 resorts, i had 5 ressies at once because i was changing my mind so many times.

I do have 3 still , but it will be easy. Moving from cl to vgf and then dd and I may end up anywhere last 3 days. I am NOT paying that rate for 2 bdrm lake view for just 2 people, she may have to slum it at AOA
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #1648
trishadono
DIS Veteran

I finished packing today. Just need to add make up and flat iron that morning

Hope everyone got a good deal for fall if looking.

I want pictures for your visits. PLEASE

I am always happy for someone having a good disney trip

Oh booked San Angel for girls on 13th at 7:15 and EMH till 11p so that should work out good. I think the newbie will love it.
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #1649
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Christine sending positive healing thoughts to you (((hug)))

Thanks for the update on Janet

jenny Of the ones on your list I would go for BW or CSR
Sheila: thanks for your vote my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Are you in two staterooms on the cruise, or are you going to need to spread out after being cramped into one stateroom? I really think the AoA suites are cute and at some point do want to give them a try. Although you know the pull of the deluxes

So I guess my vote goes for AoA or Boardwalk, I know that doesnt help much
Melissa: you too girl, how did today go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Back from too much shopping. Yep, too much... and I didn't even really purchase much. How does that work?

We're sitting down and watching Lilo & Stitch in honor of Janet's 'Ohana ressie tonight.

Jen: Ah well, we'll see something soon hopefully! Hmmm. I'd go for BWI methinks. Well, that was an obvious answer from me, eh?

Melissa:

Koh: Lovely! Hope you're having a fabulous time.

... and of course, our Kook and Magic, too.

Christine: I'm sorry about the boot! You and Melissa must have matching stylish boots, eh? Seeing more of you 'round here is always fabulous.

Ginny: I adore your ADR line-up (as usual). Have you ever seen any kids at any of these F&W events? A couple caught my eye but I can't seem to find whether some of the more generic lunches/non-wine tasting/non-mixology events were okay for kids. Which were you aiming for?! I am seriously going to write down a list of must-have grub from all those booths. Hubbo sounded quite keen on it after having gone through the menus last night.

Sheila: They don't let us down, do they? (With their glorious website.) Heck, I always ponder why they don't have an 800#. If they never "got with the times" over toll-free, we've got no hope of a functioning website within the next century, do we? What's the latest with the rejigging of the ADRs?

~~=========================~~

I'm wondering when they might have something encompassing our January timeframe. Gonna have to go check the historical discount page.
Miss: I bet you will get a super deal too in January! And please still keep me updated about the ap discounts, as the website still isn't telling me anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I love CSR! JR suite is same price as 2 rooms and all together.

2nd AOA fs

ALSO , People i am not hopping for 5 resorts, i had 5 ressies at once because i was changing my mind so many times.

I do have 3 still , but it will be easy. Moving from cl to vgf and then dd and I may end up anywhere last 3 days. I am NOT paying that rate for 2 bdrm lake view for just 2 people, she may have to slum it at AOA
Trisha: thanks! We are starting to lean towards either CSR or BW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I finished packing today. Just need to add make up and flat iron that morning

Hope everyone got a good deal for fall if looking.

I want pictures for your visits. PLEASE

I am always happy for someone having a good disney trip

Oh booked San Angel for girls on 13th at 7:15 and EMH till 11p so that should work out good. I think the newbie will love it.
Ooh we are trying San Angel Inn too in November! And yes I love to see the pics from everyone's trips too!

Just relaxing with DH over a glass of wine. Hope you are all having a nice evening!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #1650
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Hi RC family, sorry MIA and so randomly dropping in. It has been an emotionally draining week to say the least. Had a meeting with the assistant principal for Steven, then down to Steven's psychologist, and then the endoscopy today. And while all that was going on DH's work situation is blowing up. Glad I booked Labor Day because Feb may not happen at all

I'm still in my boot (that matches Christine's) and I wish I could say that my foot is coming along but it really isn't. DH is already joking that he is going to push me around Disney in a wheelchair

Tomorrow I am running away, well to the eye dr by myself, lol! Then DH and I may go out tomorrow night, plans fell through with friends but I may convince him to go out anyway.

Hope everyone is having a great week and to all those in WDW, have a BLAST!!!!

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: