Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #151
Willows909
Mouseketeer

I did it! I changed resorts again! BC garden view, July 5-8..Animal Kingdom standard room/CL...July 8 -12th!! But this is it!! No really, I mean it this time!!

Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I really love our little corner of the Dis It is so nice to know that there are people out there that understand our crazy over planning, ever changing, Disney obsessions

Melissa
Yup, I totally get it!

Missoutandabout...Never have done either resort...or club level for that matter...what a splurge this trip will be! May have to cancel September's....but I'm okay with that!

babyberger...hope Steven's appointment went well..and I want to eat at your house!!

chimo2u...I am new here, so I don't know your story...but I will keep you and yours in my prayers...prayers: powerful stuff!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #152
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
HRH has a mature kindness about her, she always has. She isn't always nice to her sisters, but when they are upset...she is the consoler. She took a likeness to Dear Sarah, and remembers the sweet postcards she received. Not to mention the texting back and forth when we were at GF cafι in November

I had a dream last night DH resigned from his job, he's VERY unhappy there lately....so I am kind of like if this is our last vacation for a bit....where will we be the happiest.....I think I made a good choice!
There are some discounts then...a few blackout dates. But what a wonderful time to visit

Poor DS12 has his 6th grade pool party today. The rain cleared BUT it's only in the 60s I think
Jeanette Hope DH can find a job that he might be happier in.

DS may be a tad chilly tonight for sure brrrrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
WOW! I didn't realize we where into a new thread already! I've been missing you all, but still reading along. I just haven't had much to input as we don't have a current trip planned, but I sure wish we did-- I am missing the world something awful, it seems like it will be forever before Jan/Feb 2015 arrives -- I'm actually also thinking of perhaps moving those dates up to late Oct/early Nov 2014 - I don't know which one would be more crowd-friendly.?
My son graduates next June, so this will be a grad trip/present to him and his DGF, We've promised them for 2 yrs that we would take them to WDW once they graduated. It will be wonderful because my DH has agreed to come with me, and keep me company/ be my partner in this adventure So while Andrew and his GF are off doing their thing, at least Allan and I get to be together too

I am thinking it will be BWI Deluxe CL room for us if I can swing it. I'd love Kidani 1BDRM suite with Deluxe ddp, but that is really just tooooo much food!!! I love the regular DDP with Club level, and pretty much have that down pat for our dining needs. I'll see what the pricing is and go from there.

My DH is still at home off work/ and Workers Compensation just kicked in for us. It's so confusing because it's benefits being paid now instead of a salary -- and it's going to take some crazy money management to learn to live according to the benefit schedule. We are kind of down because it's been 3 months since the shooting and still, he doesn't have movement in his pinky finger. He goes to the surgeon again on June 26, so we will see what he has to say then - but so far it's looking like Allan will need more surgery due to the amount of scar tissue and how it's binding his joints.....I just wish this whole thing didn't happen, it's really thrown us for a loop and put a damper on our spirits. All we can do is take one day at a time though, and that's what we are doing.

Thanks for all your love, support and prayers, for all the kind words and for always being here to listen and help me along, no matter the occasion!!! I wish I could talk more and keep up easier, but this thread moves at the speed of lightning, and I am so busy between physio/ OT with DH and work that it's hard to keep up -- I am trying though and I think of you all daily and love each one of you!!!
Marie
Marie sorry to hear DH is not yet having movement sending prayers

Good luck adjusting to WC schedule

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #153
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I literally just closed the window I was typing my reply in Starting over.....

SueM - glad to hear the stitches are coming out next week and that Puppy Sophie is making herself comfortable at home

Cynthia - ugh, sorry about the band headaches, now I understand all the FB posts. Glad you are there to keep fighting for those kids

Alysa - still trying to get through your PTR, but OMG, you are AMAZING And big to all you have been through and are continue to go through. We should chat about the DD's one day, mine also has ADD, combined type And oh the food allergies, they just suck!!! As for the lobby scents, yep each has their own.

Jeanette - oh your girls, so heartfelt, but they are right....GF is where Sarah would want you to be Sorry DH is so unhappy, I totally understand that, DH says every morning how he doesn't want to go to work and comes home every night saying how much he hates the brokers

Janet - according to Jeanette, it seems like you deserve a big for our new board! I hope all is well up there, I'll text you this weekend to check in

Miss - yeah I am shocked Sarah sleeps on the day beds at WDW since she cant contain herself in her double at home. I didnt look at the villas at BW, but I know at BLT the studio is smaller than a standard room at CR, so it was never an option for us. And yeah, triple OT, seriously Hmmm, GF smell is now BC/YC smell DH hated the GF scent, but didnt mind BC or YC, he LOVED the CR scent and actually asked for the name of it, he has it in his phone somewhere. I keep reading more of your posts and adding to this lol! I think I have an email somewhere with a whole bunch of the F&W events.....I'll let you know when I find it (oh it may the same as the link Ginny posted, lol)

Shelia - Jeanette's girls brought tears to my eyes as well How is everything with you?

Ginny - Glad you got the RC done and all the ADR's sorted out And Happy Belated Anniversary Love the wine surprise, how sweet

Wookie - you know your changing is never really done My pork recipe is like the pot roast one I posted on the website a while ago, I dont measure anything But I will get it up on my blog eventually and post the link.

Marie - I wish it were better news for Allan or even better yet, like you said the whole thing never happened But you and your family are always in my thoughts I really do love the Oct/Nov for Disney, although Jan/Feb would be less expensive. Our money went a lot further in Feb than it did in Oct and Dec.

i_heart - glad you had fun at the zoo. Chinese sounds good, YUM!!! I miss being able to order in You may have to twist my arm for happy hour

Willows909 - congrats on the change! Oh and those famous last words...yeah, we don't believe you...

Well Steven got tired towards the end of his re-eval today, so one more session on Monday. We have been through this before with him, and with Sarah, so we know the drill. Just happy to be getting it done.

Off to start the potatoes and baste the pork...smells so good

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #154
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Also wanted to mention to all of our newcomers that we do have a FB group....the more the merrier

Resort Changers - We Still Can't Make Up Our Minds!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #155
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Willows909 - congrats on the change! Oh and those famous last words...yeah, we don't believe you..

I don't either!

And stop torturing me with the pork!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #156
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the FB link...
Old 06-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #157
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi ALL!!

Just a quick pop in, DH and I had a date day today and went to watch DD8 at an out of town track meet...she did so good! Proud Mama and Daddy...!

So on the way home we talk finances, trips and vacations. I tell DH would rather cancel the cruise then move from the Beach Club. And he says no cancelling. And he also says "You know, the Beach Club won't be the same without the lounge."

WHAT!!?? My head is spinning I tell you. Did I create a CL monster???

Anyway, I will pop back in tonight I promise! And a FB group for us?? I am seriously missing out now.
HUGS ALL AROUND!!

Jen
Old 06-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #158
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Marie: Always thinking about you guys and sending you positive vibes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
I did it! I changed resorts again! BC garden view, July 5-8..Animal Kingdom standard room/CL...July 8 -12th!! But this is it!! No really, I mean it this time!!

Missoutandabout...Never have done either resort...or club level for that matter...what a splurge this trip will be! May have to cancel September's....but I'm okay with that!
I love that split. Seriously. I'd do that very same split in a heartbeat. Don't chaaaaange!

Sheila: Oh, I was peeking in the AKL thread and someone linked to the resort map. Wanted to show you where on the map our standard view was...

Our room was located right at the top of the map on the right side facing the inside of that little V shape. There's a water trough located there and the animals visited it throughout the day (along with visits from the wardens periodically). All in all, we were able to see the giraffe several times a day along with the crowned cranes, zebras, river hogs, gazelle, waterbuck and something else I'm forgetting. I guess it's considered standard due to the stairwells and the chain-link fence way off in the back. I'll take it! Was super-quiet except for the herd of elephants staying in the room above us on the 5th floor.

Quote:
Off to start the potatoes and baste the pork...smells so good

Melissa
You're killin' me. Just burgers and beer on the menu for us tonight.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #159
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi ALL!!

Just a quick pop in, DH and I had a date day today and went to watch DD8 at an out of town track meet...she did so good! Proud Mama and Daddy...!

So on the way home we talk finances, trips and vacations. I tell DH would rather cancel the cruise then move from the Beach Club. And he says no cancelling. And he also says "You know, the Beach Club won't be the same without the lounge."

Anyway, I will pop back in tonight I promise! And a FB group for us?? I am seriously missing out now.
HUGS ALL AROUND!!

Jen
Sounds like my DH! I don't know how I could possibly book without CL. Well, I can...but he will constantly hound me to upgrade until I finally give in.

And Miss- we are beer and pizza tonight....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #160
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I second the GF Cafe idea. The burger was yumm-o. I can't wait to hear what you think of AKL. It's been added to our list, for sure. Actually, oddly enough, the hubster KEEPS talking about how he'd like to go back there and could see us going back just to stay there and not go to any parks.

I also second the RC rule.
As much as I would love to eat at Ragland Road, I think it makes the most sense. Maybe we can eat lunch at Ragland Road on the day we leave WDW. It's not 100% certain we're changing it yet. The DH wants to talk about it before I change anything. Then again, we could just do a QS for lunch and then a TS for dinner.

Quote:
WOW! I didn't realize we where into a new thread already! I've been missing you all, but still reading along. I just haven't had much to input as we don't have a current trip planned, but I sure wish we did-- I am missing the world something awful, it seems like it will be forever before Jan/Feb 2015 arrives -- I'm actually also thinking of perhaps moving those dates up to late Oct/early Nov 2014 - I don't know which one would be more crowd-friendly.?
My son graduates next June, so this will be a grad trip/present to him and his DGF, We've promised them for 2 yrs that we would take them to WDW once they graduated. It will be wonderful because my DH has agreed to come with me, and keep me company/ be my partner in this adventure So while Andrew and his GF are off doing their thing, at least Allan and I get to be together too

I am thinking it will be BWI Deluxe CL room for us if I can swing it. I'd love Kidani 1BDRM suite with Deluxe ddp, but that is really just tooooo much food!!! I love the regular DDP with Club level, and pretty much have that down pat for our dining needs. I'll see what the pricing is and go from there.

My DH is still at home off work/ and Workers Compensation just kicked in for us. It's so confusing because it's benefits being paid now instead of a salary -- and it's going to take some crazy money management to learn to live according to the benefit schedule. We are kind of down because it's been 3 months since the shooting and still, he doesn't have movement in his pinky finger. He goes to the surgeon again on June 26, so we will see what he has to say then - but so far it's looking like Allan will need more surgery due to the amount of scar tissue and how it's binding his joints.....I just wish this whole thing didn't happen, it's really thrown us for a loop and put a damper on our spirits. All we can do is take one day at a time though, and that's what we are doing.

Thanks for all your love, support and prayers, for all the kind words and for always being here to listen and help me along, no matter the occasion!!! I wish I could talk more and keep up easier, but this thread moves at the speed of lightning, and I am so busy between physio/ OT with DH and work that it's hard to keep up -- I am trying though and I think of you all daily and love each one of you!!!
Marie
When it comes down to it, taking care of that hero of your, is way more important. Y'all have actually been in my thought a lot lately. I found this tv show and the DH and oldest DS and I have been catching up to the current episode. It's called Continuum and so much of it takes place in a Canadian police department. I will keep y'all in our prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Hi Wookie,
I love your idea of sharing recipes!

Thank you for your sweet anniversary greeting.

About the wine, it's from Frias, their Red Blend. It's a very special treat.
I'll have to look into it. The inlaws really got me into loving wine. I prefer to stick to the sweeter wines, like moscatos and rieslings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Are we ever done changing? I like this change. Although I don't love going to DTD much anyway so take that with a grain of salt.
I guess we are never truly done changing, well maybe after we've gone on the trip we are. We really don't do DtD either. We don't go down there to just shop or even go to DQ. Pretty much the only time we go down there during a trip is to eat. Well this last time, the night before we checked into the Pop, we did go to DtD to see MIB III. I'm just thinking that since the goal is to spend more time in the MK, it makes no sense to travel all the way to DtD just to eat. Hmmmm, I'll have to start looking at dinner options maybe. Just to give the DH more options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
mmmmhmmm That's exactly what I said when I changed our ressie to the BC GV. I was like, "The DS are in love with SAB and there is no way I'm changing resort." Then the FD promo came out and the BC GV wasn't on the offer and the DH refuse to upgrade our room at the BC.

Quote:
Wookie - you know your changing is never really done My pork recipe is like the pot roast one I posted on the website a while ago, I dont measure anything But I will get it up on my blog eventually and post the link.

Melissa
I am the same way with the lasagna recipe I have. Well it's really the spaghetti sauce for the lasagna. Which is what I am thinking about making the DH for Father's Day on Sunday. He loves it so much, but I just don't make it often enough. Mainly because the way I make it, we'll have enough spaghetti sauce left over to almost eat it for a week.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #161
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Like the change. The Inn side is closer to the "action"as well.

I'm the one with selective hearing too. Once DH said "Do you ever LISTEN to me?????" And I blurted out "NO!" Oops. He won't ever let me live that down.

~~~~~~

The kiddos and I had a great day at the zoo today, but I'm beat! I think I'll skip cooking tonight and order in Chinese. Mmmmm.....

Maybe I'll catch you all later for happy hour.
(My selective hearing buddy's quote got wiped off that last reply. I'm too willy-nilly with that darn Ctrl+X. )

Closer to the action but, alas, no SAB. I might not be able to look over across the lake without crying.

Ordering Chinese and partaking in Happy Hour. <-- My vote.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #162
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say that I love you guys!!!

I know it's a pretty random thought, but I love that we have this group and can confide in each other about things. It's pretty unique. And you guys are all so funny.

I am happy to have been part of this group for the past couple of years.

Cheers!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #163
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I keep missing quotes because I type too flippin' slow.

Quote:
Hi ALL!!

HUGS ALL AROUND!!

Jen
Yep, you created a monster. Give DD8 a high five from us! (And yes, you, Jeanette and Janet need to get your behinds on FB. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
And Miss- we are beer and pizza tonight....
Yessssss. And in the right order, too. I've got so many bombers in the fridge I had to move the food into the veggie bins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
As much as I would love to eat at Ragland Road, I think it makes the most sense. Maybe we can eat lunch at Ragland Road on the day we leave WDW. It's not 100% certain we're changing it yet. The DH wants to talk about it before I change anything. Then again, we could just do a QS for lunch and then a TS for dinner.
It's very nice, Raglan... but you'll enjoy GF methinks. Besides, the trip is soooo much easier to the GF especially if you're headed to MK. (We didn't actually have a problem getting to DTD last week... just the dreaded trip back. Took forever, as usual. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I just wanted to say that I love you guys!!!

I know it's a pretty random thought, but I love that we have this group and can confide in each other about things. It's pretty unique. And you guys are all so funny.

I am happy to have been part of this group for the past couple of years.

Cheers!
Well said and I totally agree. (Because I need my many smilies.)
Old 06-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #164
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Miss: thanks a lot from DD8!
Here she was in the second lane from the left..and yes that rather tallish '8 year old' to her right was the girl who won!! I tried to blur the other faces!

Candace : me too!!

Marie: So nice to see you popping in!!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #165
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had a dream last night DH resigned from his job, he's VERY unhappy there lately....so I am kind of like if this is our last vacation for a bit....where will we be the happiest.....I think I made a good choice!
Poor DS12 has his 6th grade pool party today. The rain cleared BUT it's only in the 60s I think
Hope the party went well Jeanette!
Hoping things turn around for your husband soon. I totally sympathize. I also have an incredibly miserable husband because of work. It's hard to watch and not be able to help much.

Quote:
I've only really noticed it at Poly and GF, but it's lovely
I'll take a good sniff next time. What does it smell like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
And in other news, our anniversary was last week, 33 years. Dh was on a business trip, so we waited to exchange cards, celebrate. In the meantime, I thought I'd try to order a bottle of wine I know that he really likes.
He's only had it twice, and it's not available here. It's from a small winery in California. I placed the order online, and one of the owners called me to let me know shipping details. Pretty funny when his name popped up on my caller id. We met him a few years ago at a dinner where his wine was featured.
Anyway, the box got here, and I just quietly put it in the rack. Dh finally discovered it last night. So cute, and very sweet! He wondered how I managed to find it. We're going to enjoy it Sunday with our dinner. It was such fun surprising him.
Happy Anniversary Gwynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I agree. Someone on the September FB group had made this MH for those of us in the FB group to make buttons or bag tags out of, so we can recognize each other in the parks. Well, the MH is the DISboards green and the circle outside is the FB blue. Then someone said, "do we really want to be associated with the negativity on the boards." To which I said something to like "well I don't think the dis is any more negative than any other message board." I wanted to add "not only that, but without the DISboards this group would have never come together."
I've always wondered how to find those facebook pages. When I search nothing comes up. Can you direct me? Or do you know is there one for October?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yep! They use a fancy little system from Enviroscent. The Poly was so lovely, I'm really hoping they haven't changed it.
That is so cool! The think of everything. I love Disney!

Quote:
Marie
Congrats to your son Marie! And I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Hope he is back on the mend soon!

Quote:
Alysa - still trying to get through your PTR, but OMG, you are AMAZING And big to all you have been through and are continue to go through. We should chat about the DD's one day, mine also has ADD, combined type And oh the food allergies, they just suck!!! As for the lobby scents, yep each has their own.
Well Steven got tired towards the end of his re-eval today, so one more session on Monday. We have been through this before with him, and with Sarah, so we know the drill. Just happy to be getting it done.
Hi Melissa, thank you! Trying to decide whether or not to put DD in private school this fall, the public system is not working out like we had hoped. And yes, food allergies SUCK! Poor Stephen, hope Monday goes better and flies by.

Quote:
Hi ALL!!
HUGS ALL AROUND!!
Hi Jen! Congrats to your daughter! So awesome!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: