Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #1621
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

POR, no RGR available for your dates. That's bizarre! Here are a few more. Same deal as before, room-only yadda yadda....

POR - GV:
$1,144.69USD

ASMu - Family Suite:
$1,324.52USD

... and because I heart the BC :

BC- SV:
$2,097.95USD
BC - SV/CL:
$3,009.61USD (Ouch!)
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #1622
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
POR, no RGR available for your dates. That's bizarre! Here are a few more. Same deal as before, room-only yadda yadda....

POR - GV:
$1,144.69USD

ASMu - Family Suite:
$1,324.52USD

... and because I heart the BC :

BC- SV:
$2,097.95USD
BC - SV/CL:
$3,009.61USD (Ouch!)
Wow you really are a bosom pal to do this for me so late! it is like the AP discount is just mirroring the RO offer. No love for POR! weird. Oh well. We will be happy with our POR. now off to bed with you Miss!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #1623
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Janet Byou have no idea how hard this has bern for me, to just turn a blind eye to my husband filling a construction dumpster parked in our driveway but I know how he was dreading this Reno, and fights with me about what needs to go. So I've been determined that's not going to happen, and have stayed out of it. And I think he's just as happy I'm not 'helping" and letting him do his thing
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL

Last edited by Sue M; 08-03-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:40 AM   #1624
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Good morning all! We made it to the Hilton last night and settled in a bit, had some pizza (although not Giordano's), and took a quick dip in one of the pools. Sea World today, so I am up. Letting the kiddos and DH sleep for as long as possible...

Will try and check in later! :-)
Hope you enjoyed. I think the Seymore & Clyde show us hilarious, and the Pre show mime! Also the after dark show. Manta wasn't finished last time we were there! Did you ride?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 08-02-2013, 02:44 AM   #1625
Sue M
DIS Veteran

sjs Gray & old too funny!
Love how we all work the Disney Math!! I love WL!

Jennyjinx so sorry about your daughters reaction to the dentist. How awful for you both. When I was a child, I was the worlds worst patient.

Last edited by Sue M; 08-02-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #1626
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Janet Just wanted to say have a great trip! Safe Travels!
Thanks Sheila! Btw love the ongoing SoB updates! (and love the acronym! LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Janet: love the boat at POR to DTD and tie dye cheese cake at POP. Have a safe and wonderful trip!
Thanks Trish! And you nailed i!! We love DTD, the beauty of POR (Sam will get to see Piano Bob) and then we get to pop over for some fun and craziness at Pop! (And some tie dye cheesecake for me!!)

We also are in the testing for the magic bands at pop! :yay;

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

JanetB: Have a great trip!!
Thanks Jen! I'll let you know how POR is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Janet Byou have no idea how hard this has bern for me, to just turn a blind eye to my husband filling a construction dumpster parked in our driveway but I know how he was dreading this Reno, and fights with me about what needs to go. So I've been determined that's it going to happen, and have stayed out of it. And I think he's just as happy I'm not 'helping" and letting him do his thing
Sue, I would have serious problem with the lack of control too your awesome finished basement will hopefully ease the sting. The faster you can get out of dodge the better!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #1627
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
sjs Gray & old too funny!
Love how we all work the Disney Math!! I love WL!

Jennyjinx so sorry about your daughters reaction to the dentist. How awful for you both. When I was a child, I was the worlds worst patient.

Hi Sue

Ths old grey mare Ain't what she use to be and neither is Bob! geez Louise no shame in being old and needing a scooter ya know ? men!

I love WL too but I think BWI is "home" for us, this will be our 3rd stay there if it sticks . I wish loading a scooter on a bus was not such a pain (bad parallel Parker here)

Epcot is just too convienent from BWI and it is our favorite park.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:44 AM   #1628
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Thanks Sheila! Btw love the ongoing SoB updates! (and love the acronym! LOL)

Thanks Trish! And you nailed i!! We love DTD, the beauty of POR (Sam will get to see Piano Bob) and then we get to pop over for some fun and craziness at Pop! (And some tie dye cheesecake for me!!)

We also are in the testing for the magic bands at pop! :yay;

Thanks Jen! I'll let you know how POR is

Sue, I would have serious problem with the lack of control too your awesome finished basement will hopefully ease the sting. The faster you can get out of dodge the better!
GM Janet I should write a book huh? He is a pip for sure. Yesterday he called asking about the $435.50 charged to his CC. he gave me his card but to be fair it was 3:30am and I did wake him up

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #1629
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Morning Sheila! You are too funny!!

Btw all ... Last night I scored a BOG ressie for Sunday night at 6:50! pixie dust before we get there!

Our ADRs:

Tonight - Ohana at 8pm - thank you Magic!

Sunday - breakfast at captains grill
And ... BOG for dinner

Monday - Ohana breakfast. We love the poly!!

We r waiting to board ... Hoping it will go fast and we will soon be on ME

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #1630
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Morning Sheila! You are too funny!!

Btw all ... Last night I scored a BOG ressie for Sunday night at 6:50! pixie dust before we get there!

Our ADRs:

Tonight - Ohana at 8pm - thank you Magic!

Sunday - breakfast at captains grill
And ... BOG for dinner

Monday - Ohana breakfast. We love the poly!!

We r waiting to board ... Hoping it will go fast and we will soon be on ME
We will be at Kona for dinner tonight! Then wishes from the beach! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #1631
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Our room at the Poly!

And our view

Breakfast at The Wave this morning and Kona for dinner. Otherwise, just pool time and relaxation. I think DH and DS may hit MK again though...maybe I can convince them to let DD and me tag along for a bit after breakfast? :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #1632
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Koh: your room looks great!! Have a wonderful day!!

Hi Sue!!

Miss: They are saying on the AP thread that the rates aren;t out yet past Sept 29....were you looking at the RO offer? I am on the phone now....I will check it out! Hope you are sleeping in today! Not me, kiddos woke me at 6:30, after me finally getting to sleep at around 2 am. Yuck, lots of this today.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #1633
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning, ladies!

Safe, speedy travels to Janet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: They are saying on the AP thread that the rates aren;t out yet past Sept 29....were you looking at the RO offer? I am on the phone now....I will check it out! Hope you are sleeping in today! Not me, kiddos woke me at 6:30, after me finally getting to sleep at around 2 am. Yuck, lots of this today.
Ah, good ol' MDE strikes again! So, in their lovely redesigned site, it seems if you click on the "My Disney Experience" tab, and then "Annual Passholder" link, then "Passholder Resort Special Offers" ... this is where it would previously have popped up with the Passholder Discounts. Seems now they've just lumped ALL of the discounts here. Of course, with no designation saying they're the general public rates. I'm signed in and everything. You'd think after all these years they'd have gotten the "internet" figured out. Sorry about the wild goose chase. I was actually going to call today too and see what availability they had. Blargh.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #1634
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Happy Friday ladies!

Miss-MDE-Ugh! I just can’t figure out Disney’s IT. They always seem to be trying to do way too much more than they are capable of at the time. I wish they’d hire someone who really understands (and has actually used) the interwebs.

Jenny-Sending good luck wishes for a great discount offer!

Magic-Hope you are having a fabulous vacation!

Koh-Great photos, Poly looks so relaxing. Enjoy your stay!

Janet-Hope you and Sam have a wonderful time at WDW!

Sjs314-You guys are going to have a great vacation. So glad you were able to get BWI CL.

I Heart-I love it that you never unpack completely. That’s an awesome tip!

Melissa
-Thinking of you all, hope the endo appt goes well.

Trish
-I enjoy split stays, but sometimes dh isn’t so keen. 5 reservations for winter break? That would be very fun, but also would need some skilled planning and packing. If it's Tuesday, this must the Poly...

=========================
A bit more tweaking, applying of discounts (yay!) and we’re at the Yacht Club CL the whole time. It wasn’t available at first, but was later. No changes….I pinky swear!!! I just got dining worked out, and I think we’re set. I will probably add in a F&W event or two, and then drop a couple. Will have to see what's left after the first round of folks who can early book have made their reservations.) Most of our dining during food and wine is for apps and salads or something light, anyway.
The booths look awesome this year, so we'll be enjoying snacking there!

Our lineup:
Rose and Crown
La Hacienda
Flying Fish Signature
Chefs de France
Blue Zoo-Orlando Magical dining
Il Mulino-Orlando Magical dining

In Epcot Food and Wine news, we received our confirmation# for the first Flying Fish dinner. Yippee! All set and ready to go.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Waving hi to all the RC friends!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~

Last edited by gwynne; 08-02-2013 at 10:54 AM.
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #1635
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning, ladies!

Safe, speedy travels to Janet!

Ah, good ol' MDE strikes again! So, in their lovely redesigned site, it seems if you click on the "My Disney Experience" tab, and then "Annual Passholder" link, then "Passholder Resort Special Offers" ... this is where it would previously have popped up with the Passholder Discounts. Seems now they've just lumped ALL of the discounts here. Of course, with no designation saying they're the general public rates. I'm signed in and everything. You'd think after all these years they'd have gotten the "internet" figured out. Sorry about the wild goose chase. I was actually going to call today too and see what availability they had. Blargh.
Don't be sorry!! I totally appreciate it!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: