Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #1531
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Magic... Itis , here you go!
https://www.universalorlando.com/Mer...ce_4_Pack.html

For HP fans you are ordering it from "Honeydukes". I had t get it for a few kiddos because it is so fun. I had some with dd back in 2010 but forgot how good it it. Must be cold /on ice to taste best. Also the Cap'n made it better

The Butterbeer at WWOHP is yummy too!!! Except it comes in kegs and not available to ship

When I was in disney in may dd begged for me to bring home a cupcake. Disney cupcakes are the best! I got her a Minnie Mouse one from cap'n cooks and we shared when I got home

Ds loved CL potato chips so.... Hard to get

That's why we are staying sugar loaf one night before VGF, chips for boy scones for girl , trifle and wine for mama and asparagus for dh(yep).

I really don't eat much but vacation food is the best
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #1532
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Forgot to say good morning all
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #1533
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi all. Okay, A little off topic here but I am hoping you all can send me some strength! Tomorrow DD9 has to have some cavities filled, and I am a wreck. She hasn't had fillings awake ever since our horrible incident with the ped. dentist about 4 years ago. She had to be put out the next few times. So tomorrow she will be awake, maybe have some laughing gas, It is just going to kill me though.

I will be reliving the nightmare from 2010 all over again, but I need to be calm for her. I know there are many many worse things, and this is but a drop in the bucket of life's problems, but just send me strength ladies. I will need it. Let's just hope I don't do this.

Thanks!! Love ya all!

Jen
Ds had t get 2 shots yesterday

Remember they get their strength from us Mamas so ... Smile and tell her it will be ok and then it will.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #1534
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Good Morning All

KOOK Safe Travels!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #1535
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

trishadono: Thanks! And LOL that the Cap'n made it better! That's his job!!!! And love your Sugar Loaf idea.

sjs314: Good Morning sjs314!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #1536
pas130
DIS Veteran

Posting from my phone, sorry. Jen and Trish, hugs for ouchies Jen your DD will do okay, juice her up with Motrin when she is done.

So, I have the end of vacation blues so I called and booked a WDW trip. I decided that I need to give GF a go, and the CM talked me into, VGF...

So June 22-27th I have 2 BR Standard View at VGF booked. Trish I am counting on you to absolutely love it.

Kook you'll be in Georgia soon!!! Safe travels! Magic, I think you are due for some MAGIC at OKW!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #1537
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Jen -- good luck to your DD today! stay strong, you both can do it

Janet - Happy Belated birthday to your boy too! Glad he's getting his life back on track, that must be so comforting! My DS21/ Josh lasted 3 days at his night shift home depot job I don't blame him though, night shift is not for everyone. Hoping when he gets home from Ontario this new job is just what he needs and works out well!

Sue: My DS17/ Andrew hated the POLY! I admit it wasn't my favourite either, I got bed bug bites, and then at midnight upon returning from MNSSHP we had a cockroach crawling up our wall, and the kids wouldn't sleep in that room because we couldn't find it to get rid of it -- and a broken bed, well, it all ended up to a 2 am move (albeit to a beautiful lagoon/castle view room) but it was a stressful night! and we only had 3 days left at the POLY and where so busy we didn't have time to take advantage of that amazing room view! The paths where so winding and confusing, we just didn't feel at home there.....Andrew told me NO POLY, so even though there's been a refurb, and the pool is getting a change, he just wants his first love, AKL! it's his grad trip, he can choose Unless BWI DLX room is cheaper, I can see us doing Kidani.

Today is my last day of full time work for a few weeks. I work full time again August 19-26 -- but I'm back to part time for 3 weeks! the money is nice, but I need a small break.

I'm off to a dinner theatre with my DH and our good friends on Thursday night, i've never done a dinner theatre, except hoop de doo- so it should be interesting. I"m looking forward to the night out!

Happy Tuesday my beautiful friends!

Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #1538
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

I'm off to a dinner theatre with my DH and our good friends on Thursday night, i've never done a dinner theatre, except hoop de doo- so it should be interesting. I"m looking forward to the night out!

Marie
Sounds nice! We went to Saratoga racetrack Saturday for our first time. We actually came home "ahead"

Now that kids older we have time for us.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #1539
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
trishadono: Thanks! And LOL that the Cap'n made it better! That's his job!!!! And love your Sugar Loaf idea.

sjs314: Good Morning sjs314!
MAGIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Posting from my phone, sorry. Jen and Trish, hugs for ouchies Jen your DD will do okay, juice her up with Motrin when she is done.

So, I have the end of vacation blues so I called and booked a WDW trip. I decided that I need to give GF a go, and the CM talked me into, VGF...

So June 22-27th I have 2 BR Standard View at VGF booked. Trish I am counting on you to absolutely love it.

Kook you'll be in Georgia soon!!! Safe travels! Magic, I think you are due for some MAGIC at OKW!
jeanette I been looking at the pics go VGF and love them

Quote:

Janet - Happy Belated birthday to your boy too! Glad he's getting his life back on track, that must be so comforting! My DS21/ Josh lasted 3 days at his night shift home depot job I don't blame him though, night shift is not for everyone. Hoping when he gets home from Ontario this new job is just what he needs and works out well!

Sue: My DS17/ Andrew hated the POLY! I admit it wasn't my favourite either, I got bed bug bites, and then at midnight upon returning from MNSSHP we had a cockroach crawling up our wall, and the kids wouldn't sleep in that room because we couldn't find it to get rid of it -- and a broken bed, well, it all ended up to a 2 am move (albeit to a beautiful lagoon/castle view room) but it was a stressful night! and we only had 3 days left at the POLY and where so busy we didn't have time to take advantage of that amazing room view! The paths where so winding and confusing, we just didn't feel at home there.....Andrew told me NO POLY, so even though there's been a refurb, and the pool is getting a change, he just wants his first love, AKL! it's his grad trip, he can choose Unless BWI DLX room is cheaper, I can see us doing Kidani.

Today is my last day of full time work for a few weeks. I work full time again August 19-26 -- but I'm back to part time for 3 weeks! the money is nice, but I need a small break.

Marie
Marie Date Night sounds great

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #1540
sjs314

Wishes Dessert Party

The Wishes Dessert Party has just opened up for bookings for October!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #1541
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Jen, be strong, momma! Sending you all my tough girl thoughts for tomorrow. ... and an extra for DD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Aww Jen! Hugs to you.

It's so sad to watch our kids uncomfortable or in pain. Hopefully she will surprise you and be totally chill, but if she is super anxious, I am sure that you will be tough for her and get her through it!

Then you should buy her some ice cream after!

Good luck! Let us know how things go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jen - sending you lots of good thoughts and strength for you and DD today
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Smile and tell her it will be ok and then it will.
Quote:
Quote:
Once again you ladies amaze me with your support. I hope I give back some of it. Well, I tried so hard to pep talk her, build her up and tried to help her put her fears aside. It didn't work out.

Let's just say she literally paralyzed herself with fear. Hyperventilating, shaking, not breathing right. I have never seen her like that. Got her calmed down after we left, took her for a smoothie and just talked.

Anyway, we are back to looking at asleep dentistry again for her. Ugh, not what I wanted, but we have to do what we have to do I suppose.

Moving on.....Pas that is so freaking exciting about VGF!! We want to try it there badly too!

Marie: Hope you have a fabulous night out! You guys deserve it.

Kook: Safe travels!

Sheila: Hi! Good to have you back!

Talk soon all...

Jen
Old 07-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #1542
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh it is going to be awesome

I can't wait to see it in person
Old 07-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #1543
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:

Thanks! And WAY TO GO RC QUEEN! June 22-27th 2BR VGF
Old 07-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #1544
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi all. Okay, A little off topic here but I am hoping you all can send me some strength! Tomorrow DD9 has to have some cavities filled, and I am a wreck. She hasn't had fillings awake ever since our horrible incident with the ped. dentist about 4 years ago. She had to be put out the next few times. So tomorrow she will be awake, maybe have some laughing gas, It is just going to kill me though.

I will be reliving the nightmare from 2010 all over again, but I need to be calm for her. I know there are many many worse things, and this is but a drop in the bucket of life's problems, but just send me strength ladies. I will need it. Let's just hope I don't do this.

Thanks!! Love ya all!

Jen
Hope all went well . I wrote before I go caught up!! So sorry for all the trama. What about getting the dentist to prescribe something to calm her down before getting there, like Valium or something? I worry about general anesthesia. How awful your poor daughter is so traumatized by a past experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Can't multi-quote now, sorry

In a rush - heading out - hold down the fort for me!

WL here we come!

*Sorry if you've already seen this post on my threads...
woohoo!! I miss WL, it's time to return I think!! Maybe January, depending on specials. Or my BB offer from this trip. By the end of our YC stay I'm expecting they'll have bb for dates into 2014. Based on past exp.

I have a question for you, we have ADR for F.W. Trails End. I was thinking the boat from MK to FW? No idea where the restaurant is. A new one for us
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL

Last edited by Sue M; 07-30-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #1545
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Magic... Itis , here you go!
https://www.universalorlando.com/Mer...ce_4_Pack.html

For HP fans you are ordering it from "Honeydukes". I had t get it for a few kiddos because it is so fun. I had some with dd back in 2010 but forgot how good it it. Must be cold /on ice to taste best. Also the Cap'n made it better

The Butterbeer at WWOHP is yummy too!!! Except it comes in kegs and not available to ship

When I was in disney in may dd begged for me to bring home a cupcake. Disney cupcakes are the best! I got her a Minnie Mouse one from cap'n cooks and we shared when I got home

Ds loved CL potato chips so.... Hard to get

That's why we are staying sugar loaf one night before VGF, chips for boy scones for girl , trifle and wine for mama and asparagus for dh(yep).

I really don't eat much but vacation food is the best
I'm addicted to those CL chips too! So good.

Quote:

Wow! Very exciting!!
Quote:

Marie
Happy date night!! if I had an experience like that, it would turn me off Poly too, yikes.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: