Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
castmbr
DIS Veteran

End of August what's up?

I have been watching dream 4 nite for 8/25 and fantasy 8/24 for a while and all of a sudden today dream went from all avail. To only concierge and fantasy went from all to only veranda. Any thoughts?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

There were some specials offered earlier this week, though I didn't pay close attention to the sail dates.

Another possibility...were there actually several categories available for those sailings, or just that it appeared inside cabins, oceanview cabins, verandah cabins and concierge were all available? Could be just a couple cabins in each and those were booked in the past day or so.

Or maybe DCL is playing with itineraries again...
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmbr View Post
I have been watching dream 4 nite for 8/25 and fantasy 8/24 for a while and all of a sudden today dream went from all avail. To only concierge and fantasy went from all to only veranda. Any thoughts?

Fantasy is back to all available, on 8/24/13, almost. Dream on 8/25 is only cat V and T currently.

I assume we are talking about this year, 2013.

Inventory changes often. And I swear DCL plays games with that inventory.
It can change hourly with DCL. Although I don't play the last minute game with DCL. We want specific cabins, so we book early.

Having said that check back often as DCL plays games with inventory.
They may offer *GT rates for your sailing. It can offer a discount, however it comes with tooooo maaany restrictions IMO. But, for some it's a great deal.

Keep checking the DCL website. Good luck and happy hunting.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:56 AM   #4
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

I booked the Aug 25 Dream while on the EBTA about 3 weeks ago. At first, the cheapest category room I could get was a 5e (or 5something) but after checking back several times, got a GTY 8c. I suspect she's pretty full.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:32 AM   #5
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Sorry to interrupt but I'm new to dcl. How do you know or check to find out what's available etc? Thanks
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #6
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
Sorry to interrupt but I'm new to dcl. How do you know or check to find out what's available etc? Thanks
Check on DCL's official website by going through the motions but not booking the reservation.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

Monday was the paid in full date so my guess is that they have sold out categories online while they sort out the guarantee assignments.

I bet next week you will see OGT and VGT rates appear.

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
castmbr
DIS Veteran

Baleeve I hope you are right! Do you know if vgt's typically come out before fl resident rates?
Old 06-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

I think ppl put cabins on hold to give some extra thought before committing. Then the hold expires so it shows availability again. Sometimes this close to a cruise date, it may only be 1 cabin available for a particular category so at first glance it appears like there's a lot a of availability but there really is just a handful of cabins.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

That same thing happened with I was adding a room to our upcoming Fantasy cruise. One day there would be availability in all categories and other days, just verandah.

One thing to check is how many people you are using in your search. If you look for just 2, all categories may come up but when you enter 4, it is only a couple of categories because that is all that is available for that number of people.

I caught myself doing this a couple of times and when I changed the number of people, I got the correct results.

But even when checking with just 2 people, it would vary from day to day with whole category types (inside, outside, etc) coming and going. Luckily our TA was able to grab one of those inside rooms when they were showing up
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
baleeve

I'm sailing on the 8/25 cruise so I've been watching as well. I just called and they said there are only 10 staterooms on hold and they are now only 24 hour holds. She said it lookslike its going to be a sold out cruise.

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
Old 06-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
castmbr
DIS Veteran

Thanks again for the info!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #13
baleeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmbr View Post
Hi castmbr

I looked this morning and there are cat 11 and verandahs open now for this date.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #14
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post

Check on DCL's official website by going through the motions but not booking the reservation.
Thanks so much!
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: